4. Villanova
5. William & Mary
6. Elon
7. South Dakota State
8. Appalachian State
9. New Hampshire
10. South Carolina State

NOTES:

Northern Iowa is now moving closer to being out the top 15 of the polls and out of the playoffs. They are no longer a top 10 team.

I would not be surprised if South Carolina Fell out of the top 10 even after beating Hampton. With this in mind, I do not think they should drop. The 10 spot is perfect for them eventhough there are others who will still question their resume. (They do not deserve a game against the #1-#4 seeds.)

The Rabbits are a LEGIT top 10 team.

The Mountaineers are a LEGIT top 10 team.

SF Austin moves to the top 13 along with McNeese State. Both are deserving of those spots.

Delaware is a LEGIT top 15 team.

Northern Arizona is a LEGIT top 15 team as well.

Teams that should fall out of the polls:
Colgate
UMass
Cal Poly*
Eastern Kentucky

Teams that should be in the polls:
Liberty (17-25)
Gardner-Webb (20-25)
East. Ill. (23-25)
Prarie View (25)*

* I have been convinced that Cal Poly dropping is a stretch to say the least. Sorry Cal Poly SLO!

WileECoyote06
October 25th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I'm interested in why you think Cal Poly is undeserving of a spot in the poll? Also UMass lost to the #1 team. They should drop, but they shouldn't drop completely out. My AGS voting poll was difficult this week. I did add three of the four teams you said should be in the poll; but it cost some other teams their spots due to unimpressive wins or flat out losses.

slostang
October 25th, 2009, 11:23 AM
7. South Dakota State

Cal Poly

Care to explain your logic on why the Rabbits are a legit top 10 team and Cal Poly should fall out of the polls. South Dakota State's only loss is to Cal Poly. Cal Poly's three losses are to two FBS schools and #2 Montana on the road (a game that they held the lead for 3 quarters). Just curious.

Dane96
October 25th, 2009, 11:24 AM
At the End of week 8, Here are my top 10 Teams:

1. Richmond
2. Montana
3. Southern Illinois
4. Villanova
5. William & Mary
6. Elon
7. South Dakota State
8. Appalachian State
9. New Hampshire
10. South Carolina State

NOTES:

Northern Iowa is now moving closer to being out the top 15 of the polls and out of the playoffs. They are no longer a top 10 team.

I would not be surprised if South Carolina Fell out of the top 10 even after beating Hampton. With this in mind, I do not think they should drop. The 10 spot is perfect for them eventhough there are others who will still question their resume. (They do not deserve a game against the #1-#4 seeds.)

The Mountaineers are a LEGIT top 10 team.

SF Austin moves to the top 13 along with McNeese State. Both are deserving of those spots.

Delaware is a LEGIT top 15 team.

Northern Arizona is a LEGIT top 15 team as well.

Colgate
UMass
Cal Poly
Eastern Kentucky

Teams that should be in the polls:
Liberty (17-25)
Gardner-Webb (20-25)
East. Ill. (23-25)
Prarie View (25)

I think McNeese and Northern Iowa have much stronger arguments for the Top 10 than S.C. State. S.C. State is a 12, at best...and IMHO a weak 12.

Not sure why Cal Poly or UMass falls out of the polls. Again, both those teams in my opinion, are better than S.C. State. Now...on record alone, you have to put S.C. State higher...but those those teams at WORST are the same as S.C. State.

Gardner-Webb and Prairie Vie-- please explain those as well; who have they played to warrant that?

SoCalAg
October 25th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Care to explain your logic on why the Rabbits are a legit top 10 team and Cal Poly should fall out of the polls. South Dakota State's only loss is to Cal Poly. Cal Poly's three losses are to two FBS schools and #2 Montana on the road (a game that they held the lead for 3 quarters). Just curious.

agreed, I would have a tough time dropping Cal Poly out of the top-25. They played a D-II team granted, but they did what they're supposed to do and beat them up. The SDSU win more than offsets a D-II opponent

WrenFGun
October 25th, 2009, 11:28 AM
...I'm still not sure what Elon has done to be above UNH or SDSU, who both actually have quality wins to speak of (SDSU over UNI, UNH over 'Nova and Ball State).

Sometimes I wonder if Delaware is the second best team in the CAA. I was fairly unimpressed with what I saw from 'Nova and UMass has had some clunkers..I haven't seen W&M so it's possible they are, but it just seems to me UD is really clicking right now. It's unfortunate that they need to beat one of 'Nova/Navy to make the playoffs..

Dane96
October 25th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Cal Poly is a Top 20 team...it shouldnt even be much of a question. SDSU is definitely a Top 10-12 team...shouldnt even be a question.

People need to start looking at polls/rankings in the way they were meant to be: Record, body of work, and who their opponents play.

Finally...you must say to yourself: ARE THERE "X" TEAMS WHO CAN BEAT, MORE THAN 50-70% OF THE TIME, THE TEAM I AM RANKING.

If so...then you cant put them where you think you were going to.

There are not 25 teams below UMASS and Cal Poly that will beat them more than 50-70% of the time.

WMTribe90
October 25th, 2009, 11:33 AM
SFA is in my top ten, their resume is better than SCST, who I have at 12 this week. SDSU is a top ten team.

UMass and Cal poly should be ranked.

PV and Gardner Webb are not deserving IMO. Top 30.

I have EIU and Liberty ranked in the 20-25 range.

I have UD at 11, they are getting better each week.

WestCoastAggie
October 25th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I think McNeese and Northern Iowa have much stronger arguments for the Top 10 than S.C. State. S.C. State is a 12, at best...and IMHO a weak 12.

Not sure why Cal Poly or UMass falls out of the polls. Again, both those teams in my opinion, are better than S.C. State. Now...on record alone, you have to put S.C. State higher...but those those teams at WORST are the same as S.C. State.

Gardner-Webb and Prairie Vie-- please explain those as well; who have they played to warrant that?

Cal Poly: Yes they played a tough Schedule and won the games they should have won. However, using the same logic that a team like SC State can use, Dixie State played Cal Poly tough in the first half while holding them to 16 first half points.

Between this and other results from this weekend, I see them definitely falling out the top 20 and if they fall completely out, I would not be surprised.

Now with Prarie View and FAMU; PV is undefeated in the SWAC and FAMU won a game they were supposed to win and won it with some style points. And looking at the votes they received last week, they have earned some to just squeek into the top 25 this week.

Now please note that these are my opinions and the polls are a fluid system and the only one that counts will be the ones at the end of the season.

Houndawg
October 25th, 2009, 11:39 AM
...I'm still not sure what Elon has done to be above UNH or SDSU, who both actually have quality wins to speak of (SDSU over UNI, UNH over 'Nova and Ball State).

Sometimes I wonder if Delaware is the second best team in the CAA. I was fairly unimpressed with what I saw from 'Nova and UMass has had some clunkers..I haven't seen W&M so it's possible they are, but it just seems to me UD is really clicking right now. It's unfortunate that they need to beat one of 'Nova/Navy to make the playoffs..

They're a sleeper and could make a lot of trouble if they get in.

Eight Legger
October 25th, 2009, 11:44 AM
SFA is in my top ten, their resume is better than SCST, who I have at 12 this week. SDSU is a top ten team.

UMass and Cal poly should be ranked.

PV and Gardner Webb are not deserving IMO. Top 30.

I have EIU and Liberty ranked in the 20-25 range.

I have UD at 11, they are getting better each week.

Delaware really showed me nothing at all this week. Tough for me to say they got any better....

danefan
October 25th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Cal Poly: Yes they played a tough Schedule and won the games they should have won. However, using the same logic that a team like SC State can use, Dixie State played Cal Poly tough in the first half while holding them to 16 first half points.

Between this and other results from this weekend, I see them definitely falling out the top 20 and if they fall completely out, I would not be surprised.

Now with Prarie View and FAMU; PV is undefeated in the SWAC and FAMU won a game they were supposed to win and won it with some style points. And looking at the votes they received last week, they have earned some to just squeek into the top 25 this week.

Now please note that these are my opinions and the polls are a fluid system and the only one that counts will be the ones at the end of the season.

Sorry Aggie, but being undefeated in the SWAC isn't really top 25 worthy. Especially when they've squeaked by.

GoBlueHens83
October 25th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Delaware really showed me nothing at all this week. Tough for me to say they got any better....

Maybe he was at our practice :p

slostang
October 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM

They scored 44 points in the game against Dixie state and won by 30. Dixie State scored against Cal Poly's second and third string players. BTW, Dixie State played Montana State tough in a 23-20 loss.

So now you are saying that Cal Poly should have beat top 10 South Dakota State (a game they won), but they should not be ranked. You my friend have very interesting logic. What loss has Cal Poly had that would lead you to the conclusion that they should not be ranked? Is it one of their 2 FBS losses or their loss to the #2 FCS team on the road? I can tell you one win that shows that Cal Poly is legit is their win over 6-1 SDSU (according to you a legit top ten team).

WestCoastAggie
October 25th, 2009, 12:00 PM
They scored 44 points in the game against Dixie state and won by 30. Dixie State scored against Cal Poly's second and third string players. BTW, Dixie State played Montana State tough in a 23-20 loss.

So now you are saying that Cal Poly should have beat top 10 South Dakota State (a game they won), but they should not be ranked. You my friend have very interesting logic.

It is tough for me to think that Cal Poly shouldn't be ranked this week. You all played one tough schedule and managed to defeat the Jackrabbits.

BUT, if we are looking at good wins/bad wins and good loses/bad loses, the Dixie State game was a bad win just as SC State's game in against South Carolina is a good loss. Cal Poly Should have beat a team like Dixie State by 50.

slostang
October 25th, 2009, 12:10 PM
It is tough for me to think that Cal Poly shouldn't be ranked this week. You all played one tough schedule and managed to defeat the Jackrabbits.

Cal Poly Should have beat a team like Dixie State by 50.

How do you come to this conclussion? Dixie State lost to Montana State by only three points, 23-20. Cal Poly beat them by 30. Montana State beat a very good Weber State team 26-21 two weeks later.

Dane96
October 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM

BUT, if we are looking at good wins/bad wins and good loses/bad loses, the Dixie State game was a bad win just as SC State's game in against South Carolina is a good loss. Cal Poly Should have beat a team like Dixie State by 50.

????

I usually dont like to rip people's polls...but if this is your logic...it is really bizarre.

You are rewarding teams that play crap schedules and do nothing with them...and hurting teams that beat top teams...lost to teams that were in a different division...etc....

There is no way in hell Prarie View beats Cal Poly more than 3 out of 10 times...and that is a stretch.

WestCoastAggie
October 25th, 2009, 12:40 PM
????

I usually dont like to rip people's polls...but if this is your logic...it is really bizarre.

You are rewarding teams that play crap schedules and do nothing with them...and hurting teams that beat top teams...lost to teams that were in a different division...etc....

There is no way in hell Prarie View beats Cal Poly more than 3 out of 10 times...and that is a stretch.

Yeah I see where you all are coming from about Cal Poly. xoopsx Cal Poly does have a legit resume and had they beat Montana, they would be ranked in the top 10. They shouldn't drop for a team like Prarie View. (Sorry Panthers xpeacex)

But I just do not feel that the Dixie State game is a good win for the Stangs. They hung around in the first half.

aggiemba
October 25th, 2009, 02:12 PM
UC Davis should be a part of this discussion also for the same reason Cal Poly is...

Tailbone
October 25th, 2009, 02:25 PM
UC Davis should be a part of this discussion also for the same reason Cal Poly is...

You mean losing to Montana?..........

Buncha thugs!

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/rofl.gif

blukeys
October 25th, 2009, 02:27 PM

They were undefeated this week. What more do you want????xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

R.A.
October 25th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Are we forgeting that Prairie View lost to FBS New Mexico State by only three points???

21-18 folks.

Prairie View deserves to be ranked. They've defeated everyone they've played, and almost knocked off an FBS squad.

slostang
October 25th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Are we forgeting that Prairie View lost to FBS New Mexico State by only three points???

21-18 folks.

Prairie View deserves to be ranked. They've defeated everyone they've played, and almost knocked off an FBS squad.

I agree.

Dane96
October 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Are y'all kidding-- New Mexico State is horrid...and likely would barely be near the Top 25 of FCS.

DATE OPPONENT W-L (CONF) RESULT
9/05 Idaho 0-1 (0-1) L 21-6
9/12 Prairie View A&M 1-1 (0-1) W 21-18
9/19 UTEP 1-2 (0-1) L 38-12
9/26 @ New Mexico 2-2 (0-1) W 20-17
10/03 @ San Diego State 2-3 (0-1) L 34-17
10/10 Utah State 3-3 (1-1) W 20-17
10/17 @ Louisiana Tech 3-4 (1-2) L 45-7
10/24 Fresno State 3-5 (1-3) L 34-3

For th record...New Mexico might be THEEEE worst team in Division I. Utah State is not far behind...with their big win against La. Tech....which is a bottom of the barrel squad.

This isnt like UMASS losing to KSTATE, as an example. This is a loss to a terrible FBS team.

WMTribe90
October 25th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Really, their thurs practice was really impressive xsmiley_wix

danefan
October 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM

21-18 folks.

I'm not forgetting anything, but you cannot look at things in a vacuum. I can name at least 25 FCS teams that would have done the same if not better against New Mexico. Not all FBS teams are created equal.

Look at the other games on their resume. Nothing even close to a Top 25 resume.

Watch PVA&M. I'll steal someone else's analysis of the game the other night against Southern: "Those teams looked like they were playing in quicksand". No reason in the world to believe that PVA&M is a top 25 team.

DSUrocks07
October 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Are y'all kidding-- New Mexico State is horrid...and likely would barely be near the Top 25 of FCS.

DATE OPPONENT W-L (CONF) RESULT
9/05 Idaho 0-1 (0-1) L 21-6
9/12 Prairie View A&M 1-1 (0-1) W 21-18
9/19 UTEP 1-2 (0-1) L 38-12
9/26 @ New Mexico 2-2 (0-1) W 20-17
10/03 @ San Diego State 2-3 (0-1) L 34-17
10/10 Utah State 3-3 (1-1) W 20-17
10/17 @ Louisiana Tech 3-4 (1-2) L 45-7
10/24 Fresno State 3-5 (1-3) L 34-3

For th record...New Mexico might be THEEEE worst team in Division I. Utah State is not far behind...with their big win against La. Tech....which is a bottom of the barrel squad.

This isnt like UMASS losing to KSTATE, as an example. This is a loss to a terrible FBS team.

You mean like Ball State? Or is the CAA only allowed to play well against "good" FBS teams. xwhistlex

PhoenixMan
October 25th, 2009, 05:32 PM

I'm not saying that Elon should or shouldn't be ahead of UHN. But, to answer your question.......they have outscored the 4 SoCon opponents 135-43, which includes Ga. Southern, El Cid, Furman, UT-Chatty. Great teams? No, but solid SoCon teams. They also lead the FCS in total Defense, and are 3rd in the FCS in total Offense. The only loss is to Wake Forest. So, there is an argument on both sides.

Dane96
October 25th, 2009, 05:51 PM
You mean like Ball State? Or is the CAA only allowed to play well against "good" FBS teams. xwhistlex

Number 1-- UNH actually WON that game. That said, Ball State sucks. But Prairie View DIDNT win its game. That's a palpable difference.

Number 2- A UMASS loss to a KSTATE team, in which it was in the game...is a big difference than Prairie View losing to New Mexico State.

If you admit otherwise (and know that I like ya!) you are lying to yourself. Put it this way: I think SCSU's loss to S. Carolina is MUCH more important, if you are going to go down that road when gauging a team's strength, than Prairie View's close loss to New Mexico State.

WrenFGun
October 25th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I'm not saying that Elon should or shouldn't be ahead of UHN. But, to answer your question.......they have outscored the 4 SoCon opponents 135-43, which includes Ga. Southern, El Cid, Furman, UT-Chatty. Great teams? No, but solid SoCon teams. They also lead the FCS in total Defense, and are 3rd in the FCS in total Offense. The only loss is to Wake Forest. So, there is an argument on both sides.

I mean, I don't think Elon's resume is UNIMPRESSIVE, but as I've said, you really can't put them ahead of SDSU/UNH unless those teams fade or Elon beats APP State. If they do, then it's a different story..

WrenFGun
October 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
...and yeah, UNH's win over Ball State is exactly that..a win. I don't think it's their best win on the season but it will play big in the eyes of the committee. Coming close and winning are two different things.

GrizFoo
October 25th, 2009, 06:03 PM

Good point SloStang. I personally think CP is for real as are the Jacks. NDSU sucks, lol. I love saying that.