PDA

View Full Version : Elon conference PF/PA

PhoenixMan
October 25th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I think App St. is playing excellent football right now, especially on offense. AE seems to be able to score when he wants to. However, when you look at the complete dominance that Elon has shown in conference play, they clearly look like the best team in the conference. Outscoring SoCon competition 135-43 is very impressive, and speaks volumes about the athletes they have on BOTH sides of the ball.

SideLine Shooter
October 25th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I think App St. is playing excellent football right now, especially on offense. AE seems to be able to score when he wants to. However, when you look at the complete dominance that Elon has shown in conference play, they clearly look like the best team in the conference. Outscoring SoCon competition 135-43 is very impressive, and speaks volumes about the athletes they have on BOTH sides of the ball.

Exactly. Somebody starts a thread about this 1 or 2 or 3 times a week. Lets go ahead and give elon the N/C trophy and I'll just sleep the rest of the season. Congrats on your success so far, but you still have a lot to prove.xnodxxnodx

Reign of Terrier
October 25th, 2009, 08:24 AM

Elon WILL have a hard time against us this week I think, I wouldn't be surprised if we hung 43 on you guys...but at the same time I think you guys will still beat us by 2 scoresxnonono2x our defense just isn't there

CamelCityAppFan
October 25th, 2009, 08:27 AM
<yawn>

jus10asu
October 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM
The Apps are coming...you better not talk too much crap about how dominate Elon is because you're gonna eat some crow come Nov. 14th. We just hung twice what your "High Powered" offense did on Ga. Southern and our D is hopefully only gonna get better. Gonna be a good game non the less.

CID1990
October 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Avoid looking at the scores of other games to try to figure the outcome of future matches. Look to Furman if you need a cautionary tale.

phoenix3
October 25th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I'm looking forward to the November 14th game now for 2 reasons. The obvious - to watch the two teams play - and secondly, so that no more of these bovine feces threads get started that belong in the smack column anyway.

MacThor
October 25th, 2009, 09:21 AM
The Apps are coming...you better not talk too much crap about how dominate Elon is because you're gonna eat some crow come Nov. 14th. We just hung twice what your "High Powered" offense did on Ga. Southern and our D is hopefully only gonna get better. Gonna be a good game non the less.

Dominant. Nonetheless (which is not to be used at the end of a sentence).

Seriously, it's a university, right?

B&G
October 25th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Now that grammar class is over...

Didn't Elon barely win over Furman? Didn't it still count as a win? Elon can claim to clearly be the best team in the conference if they win all of their games. Currently they are tied for the SoCon lead.

ElonPride
October 25th, 2009, 10:37 AM

Good lord man, give it a rest. If we're on top at the end of the season, then we can toot our horns. We still have Wofford, App, WCU and Samford left on the schedule.