PDA

View Full Version : Big South Week 9 Thread...

ToTheLeft
October 25th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Power Rankings (As a part of my new initiative to not incite the hatred of the other members of the Big South, I will refrain from jokes in the Power Rankings...)

1. Liberty (Undefeated for 13 straight BSC games...)
2. Stony Brook (This team will be hard to beat on Long Island...)
2b. Gardner-Webb (Always a solid program, needs a win this week to help prove that they're for real.)
4. VMI (Keydets overcome the turnover bug and get a win against the Hose... a win over CSU would prove that VMI is closer to the top than the bottom...)
5. Coastal (Played really well against SBU, all things considered...)
6. Chuck South (Hung in there against LU, Jay Mills can call a good game...)
7. Presby (Need to take better advantage of opportunities if they want to shock the conference like they did back in '07)

This week:

Coastal @ Clemson
Charleston Southern @ VMI
Stony Brook @ Gardner-Webb
Presby @ Liberty

My picks:

Clemson by 30.
VMI by 14.
G-W by 7.
Liberty.

ToTheLeft
October 25th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Also, we need more friendly wagering and such amongst the Big South fans... There are plenty of us here for such a small conference, we need to be more active and more fun.

I am always up for a good signature bet or avatar bet, if anyone has an idea for one.

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Power Rankings (As a part of my new initiative to not incite the hatred of the other members of the Big South, I will refrain from jokes in the Power Rankings...)

2b. Gardner-Webb (Always a solid program, needs a win this week to help prove that they're for real.)
4. VMI (Keydets overcome the turnover bug and get a win against the Hose... a win over CSU would prove that VMI is closer to the top than the bottom...)
7. Presby (Need to take better advantage of opportunities if they want to shock the conference like they did back in '07)

This week:

Coastal @ Clemson
Presby @ Liberty

My picks:

Clemson by 30.
VMI by 14.
G-W by 7.
Liberty.

uh did u actually watch the ccu game? They didnt score at the end out of the kindness of their heart when we fumbled on the 8 xcoffeex

picks
clem by 70
csu 7
gw 7
lib 3

ToTheLeft
October 25th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Yes, I did watch the CCU game, every second of it. And CCU did well. Couple of plays here and there and it's a different outcome... Oh well.

kirkblitz
October 25th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Yes, I did watch the CCU game, every second of it. And CCU did well. Couple of plays here and there and it's a different outcome... Oh well.

lol, i imagine you thought we played well against lib to. Just a couple plays and we would have won xrolleyesx

ccu will be lucky to get a win against presby

Seawolf97
October 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
We could have very easily lost that game yesterday. We had usual our amount of penalities and turnovers. It took a couple of big plays at the end to win. Of course mother nature didnt help either team. I would say we surived .

kdinva
October 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Clemson 48; CCU 13
VMI 33; CSU 17
Liberty 40; Presby. 10
Gard-Webb 23; Stony Brook 19

The Cats
October 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Coastal @ Clemson
Presby @ Liberty

elcid83
October 25th, 2009, 08:24 PM

This week:

Coastal @ Clemson
Presby @ Liberty

My picks:

Clemson by 30.
VMI by 14.
G-W by 7.
Liberty.

Interesting. You pick VMI to beat Charleston Southern by twice as many points as Liberty was able to beat Charleston Southern by and yet, you still have Liberty as the most powerful team in the Big South? xconfusedx

SB at Gardner-Webb has to be the Big South game of the week.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

elcid83
October 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Clemson 48; CCU 13
VMI 33; CSU 17
Liberty 40; Presby. 10
Gard-Webb 23; Stony Brook 19

KD, CSU is better than you give them credit for.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

ToTheLeft
October 25th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I really don't want to have to defend myself against such terrible logic, but I will anyways.

The games will be at different venues. VMI at home is a lot different than VMI on the road. Just like LU at home is different than LU on the road...

And margin of victory doesn't determine how good a team is. By your logic, Liberty is better than Kent State by about a 250% margin. Do you believe that's true? It follows the same logic. Think before you post, your blind LU hate is showing.

BJuice
October 25th, 2009, 09:48 PM
My Big South Power Rankings...

1. Liberty
2. Gardner-Webb
3. Charleston Southern
4. Stony Brook
5. VMI
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Presbyterian

This week's prediction

Clemson 45
Coastal 10

Clemson will have mercy because of Bennett's Clemson ties. It should be more lopsided.

Charleston Southern 17
VMI 10

Gardner-Webb 23
Stony Brook 17

Liberty 62
Presbyterian 10

It is payback for last year. Liberty will work hard this week to show that after a week where they sturggled and almost lost that they are still the conference champions.

g-webb1994
October 25th, 2009, 10:07 PM
1. Liberty
2. Gardner-Webb
3. Stony Brook
4. VMI
5. Charleston Southern
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Predestined to go 0-fer Blue Hose

Clemson 62
Coastal 13

Spiller breaks the century mark by halftime.

VMI 31
CSU 23

Home field enough for the Keydets, but plenty of offense in this one.

G-W 24
SB 20

A homecoming nailbiter.....hopefully "The Shack" author doesn't outdraw the game.

LU 59
PC 14

Revenge is a dish best served cold.....but being the good Baptists they are, LU will serve it to the Calvinists in a warm covered dish, with a gospel sing to follow afterward.xrotatehx

Libertine
October 26th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Revenge is a dish best served cold.....but being the good Baptists they are, LU will serve it to the Calvinists in a warm covered dish, with a gospel sing to follow afterward.xrotatehx

xlolx xlolx

EagleDawg
October 26th, 2009, 08:56 AM
ToTheLeft - There is no blind hate by ElCid83 or any other GW poster towards LU on this board as best I can tell. Your constant posts spouting LU's superiority in everything from the water boys, to the quality of ankle tape used at Liberty is a bit chafing for a lot of your Big South Bretheren. To be clear, LU has won the last two conference champsionships and is on an undefeated streak in conference play that should be the envy of all other teams and their supporters. LU has a lot to be proud of but the non-stop negative comments from some LU posters, you included, from something as trivial as a single pile of dog poop on the field at CSU to proclamations of invincibility are less than serious conversation. I'm certain that the greatness of LU and their football program and nothing more restricts fowl flyovers and accompanying waste deposits on your gridiron. If the competition is so weak, the facilities so poor, the member institutions so inferior and you don't really want to be here, then by all means get the heck out, the sooner the better. By the way, the dog poop thing was humorous but only that, not something that a serious person would use to evaluate a institution or their football program.

I can only imagine what ridicule will be forthcoming after your visit to Boiling Springs in a couple of weeks. I presume we'll hear about it sooner rather than later.

Libertine
October 26th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Go to a game there, E-Dawg. Trust me. Just go to a game there.

You will love Spangler all the more.

Seawolf97
October 26th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I think thr GWU fans are going to be treated to a really close game on homecoming. You couldnt ask for a more even matchup .

bjtheflamesfan
October 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM
1. Liberty
2. Gardner-Webb
3. Stony Brook
4. VMI
5. Charleston Southern
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Predestined to go 0-fer Blue Hose

Clemson 62
Coastal 13

Spiller breaks the century mark by halftime.

VMI 31
CSU 23

Home field enough for the Keydets, but plenty of offense in this one.

G-W 24
SB 20

A homecoming nailbiter.....hopefully "The Shack" author doesn't outdraw the game.

LU 59
PC 14

I may bring some fried chicken along for that one...(and no that is NOT a crack at CCU who we blew out two weeks ago)

EagleDawg
October 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM
SeaWolf97 - No doubt, it should be a close-one, likely to be decided by special teams and of course the all important turnover margin. Who wins those two aspects of the game, will likely prevail. How many SeaWolves Fans do you think will make the journey down south. For those who are making the trip, safe travels. Weather outlook on Sat. mid to upper 60's with a 30% chance of showers.

Go Runnin Bulldogs!

knucklehead
October 26th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Coastal @ Clemson by 3 TDs
Charleston Southern @ VMI by a field goal
Stony Brook @ Gardner-Webb by 10
Presby @ Liberty by 2 TDs

justsaying
October 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM
My Big South Power Rankings...

1. Liberty
2. Gardner-Webb
3. Stony Brook
4.a. VMI
4.b. Charleston Southern
4.c. Coastal Carolina
I see a three way tie, no particular order

7. Presbyterian

This week's prediction

Clemson 50
Coastal 7
-No explanation needed

Charleston Southern 24
VMI 21
-However, if Maypray is healthy, VMI could edge them..

Gardner-Webb 27
Stony Brook 21
-There is a mutual respect between these two closely even teams ...I believe GWU kicker Ryan gates will be the key for us to win...

Liberty 45
Presbyterian 7
-No explanation needed

Hoseinexile07
October 26th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Coastal @ Clemson by 3 TDs
Charleston Southern @ VMI by a field goal
Stony Brook @ Gardner-Webb by 10
Presby @ Liberty by 2 TDs

You have us losing by only two touchdowns? You ARE a knucklehead.

knucklehead
October 26th, 2009, 03:04 PM
You have us losing by only two touchdowns? You ARE a knucklehead.

HAHA. All joking aside, that is a type-o. I meant 3 TDs. Got in a hurry. But yes, I am a major knucklehead. Just ask anyone.

Libertine
October 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
But yes, I am a major knucklehead. Just ask anyone.

It's true. She's a knucklehead.

Seawolf97
October 26th, 2009, 04:39 PM
SeaWolf97 - No doubt, it should be a close-one, likely to be decided by special teams and of course the all important turnover margin. Who wins those two aspects of the game, will likely prevail. How many SeaWolves Fans do you think will make the journey down south. For those who are making the trip, safe travels. Weather outlook on Sat. mid to upper 60's with a 30% chance of showers.

Go Runnin Bulldogs!

Thanks! Not too sure how many fans will make the trip- I know quite a few
players families make all the road games . Rain again !! We had a deluge during
the 2nd half of the Coastal game. Anyway GOOD LUCK Saturday and Enjoy Homecoming xthumbsupx

knucklehead
October 26th, 2009, 08:28 PM
It's true. She's a knucklehead. haha. Can't wait to run into you Saturday.

I hope the rain stays away in Lynchburg.

elcid83
October 27th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks! Not too sure how many fans will make the trip- I know quite a few
players families make all the road games . Rain again !! We had a deluge during
the 2nd half of the Coastal game. Anyway GOOD LUCK Saturday and Enjoy Homecoming xthumbsupx

Seawolf, if the parents are looking for a good place to eat tell them to make the 10 minute trip to downtown Shelby and eat at the Pleasant City Wood-Fired Grill. Great pizzas, steaks, pasta dishes and other really good stuff. Safe travels to everyone.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs116.snc3/16338_1177420749683_1053041569_30475484_630709_n.j pg

g-webb1994
October 27th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Seawolf, if the parents are looking for a good place to eat tell them to make the 10 minute trip to downtown Shelby and eat at the Pleasant City Wood-Fired Grill. Great pizzas, steaks, pasta dishes and other really good stuff. Safe travels to everyone.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs116.snc3/16338_1177420749683_1053041569_30475484_630709_n.j pg

Yes elcid, Pleasant City is awesome.....getting ready to take the wife there tonight....Tuesday is $2 draft night and buy one get one pizza night......top notch stuff.

If them Yankees want some bbq, of course Bridges BBQ across from the mall on the bypass in Shelby is one of the best in NC....

ToTheLeft
October 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I will need to keep those places in mind for our trip to the Springs in November. I need to have some NC BBQ in NC... wanna see if the imitators match up...

knucklehead
October 27th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I will need to keep those places in mind for our trip to the Springs in November. I need to have some NC BBQ in NC... wanna see if the imitators match up...

They don't trust me.

kirkblitz
October 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM

WRONG

SC BBQ > NC BBQ

EagleDawg
October 27th, 2009, 04:11 PM
KirkBlitz - You are all confused, maybe BBQ Chicken but certainly not BBQ Pork. NC's BBQ is so good they have two styles my man, Lexington Style - Vinegar/Tomato Sauce Base or Eastern Style - Vinegar/Red Pepper Flake Base. I'll give SC props for shrimp and grits though!

g-webb1994
October 27th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I don't know Eagle.....some of that mustard-based cue in SC is awful good....while an NC staple is brunswick stew, which is dandy, some good bbq hash from SC isn't bad either.

Also in NC, when you deal with eastern NC cue, you are talking whole hog, while most western NC cue is pork shoulder only....I don't have a favorite, I like 'em both.

FWIW, just had the Carne Asada pizza and a couple of ice cold Fat Tires for dinner....tasty!

EagleDawg
October 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
GWebb1994 - This is a well timed if not well placed discussion on NC BBQ. That's the tailgate meal for this Saturday's game vs Stony Brook and we're having both NC Eastern and Lexington Style. Some of our GW friends from SC will be on hand so I'll let them make the call. Pressure's on ElCid83, you make the call.

g-webb1994
October 27th, 2009, 06:44 PM
hope you have some hushpuppies on the agenda with that cue Eagle.....

IaaScribe
October 27th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I'm definitely finding your guys' tailgate on Nov. 14. That all sounds pretty amazing.

elcid83
October 27th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Give it up Kirk. Eagle's pretty hard-headed. He thinks I'm talking about UNC when I mention Carolina football. Of course, I'm referring to the Gamecocks. I'm looking forward to Saturday and checking out the NC Que though. Personally, I've never had bad BBQ and I can't think of one BBQ that I would call "the Best."

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs096.snc3/16338_1177426629830_1053041569_30475546_3166021_n. jpg

EagleDawg
October 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
ElCid83 - Yes I am (hard headed). I'll readily concede the Carolina Football deal but as with any true Tarheel, it's late October and roundball practice has kicked off and their can be no doubt about the real Carolina when the boys hit the hardwood. A fact that our dear Runnin Bulldogs will learn all about in the not too distant future.

Go Runnin Bulldogs!
Go Tarheels!

Schfourteenteen
October 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Blah Blah NC BBQ Blah Blah

Give me the nearest directions to White Castle.

Hoseinexile07
October 28th, 2009, 06:58 AM
South Carolina barbeque from the Pee Dee area is the best, hands down: black pepper, cayenne, and vinegar. Game, set, match. xsmashx

knucklehead
October 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Wilbur's BBQ in Goldsboro, NC (Eastern Style) is by far the best there is. How in the world did White Castle make it into this thread?

EagleDawg
October 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
The Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights are parachuting in to Spangler Stadium with the game ball for Saturdays Stony Brook vs Gardner-Webb game. Hope that a forecasted stiff southerly wind won't cause them to cancel their jump. You GW gals in the homecoming festivities might want to use a bit of extra hairspray.

Go Runnin Bulldogs!

kirkblitz
October 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Give it up Kirk. Eagle's pretty hard-headed. He thinks I'm talking about UNC when I mention Carolina football. Of course, I'm referring to the Gamecocks. I'm looking forward to Saturday and checking out the NC Que though. Personally, I've never had bad BBQ and I can't think of one BBQ that I would call "the Best."

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs096.snc3/16338_1177426629830_1053041569_30475546_3166021_n. jpg

some people will never understand that the only real Carolina is in columbia xthumbsupx

EagleDawg
October 28th, 2009, 01:36 PM
OK KirkBlitz and ElCid83, you guys asked for it - To make this FCS related, history shows that 7 members of the SOCON left the league in 1953 to form the current ACC conference. Two of those members were USC (South Carolina) and UNC (North Carolina). In 1971 USC left the ACC because of disputes over recruiting regulations and a perception of political dominance of the 4 member institutions from NC (Duke, UNC, NCSU and Wake Forest). While USC may have been politically dominated, there is no doubt they were athletically dominated. Ouch that hurts but facts are stubborn things!

USC vs UNC Football (All-time Series Record 16-34-4)

USC All Time Football Winning % Rank (77th of 107 BCS Programs)
UNC All Time Football Winning % Rank (43rd of 107 BCS Programs)

USC Bowl Appearances/Wins (14/4)
UNC Bowl Appearances/Wins (26/12)

USC Football Conference Championships (1 ACC - 1969)
UNC Football Conference Championships (5 ACC)

USC All-time Total Team National Championships (6)
UNC All-time Total Team National Championships (35)

Info. courtesy of Wikipedia. Let there be no doubt, there's only one Carolina and it's located in Chapel Hill, Blue Heaven guys.

Now back to the main subject, Gardner-Webb nips Stony Brook 23-17.

Go Runnin Bulldogs!

kirkblitz
October 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
nothing but propaganda, the REAL carolina owns unc. Stats dont matter, i know it to be true in my head xsmiley_wix

btw go gw xrotatehx

elcid83
October 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
According to my sources, the teams last met on October 13, 2007 when the Cocks whipped the Heels in Chapel Hill 21-15. Other than winning your last ACC [a/k/a "not a real football conference"] title in 1980, what have you got to brag about?

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs096.snc3/16338_1177424509777_1053041569_30475525_6215857_n. jpg

EagleDawg
October 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM
ElCid83 - One game or one loss does not tilt the balance one way or the other. I do think the history over time at least in an athletic sense is quite illuminating though. Of course it's just an opinion you know. As far as bragging, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. Cocks, Heels, Heels, Cocks, nope not gonna do it. See you Saturday.

kdinva
October 31st, 2009, 03:20 PM
KD, CSU is better than you give them credit for.

Well, they were better today. We get 330 yards rushing but only 3 TD's. CSU blocks a VMI punt and gets 7 from that. VMI fumbles it away at the CSU 9, after a 60-yard plus drive. Our senior QB throws a pick right to a white jersey in the 4th period, and they convert it to 7 points. We start a drive at their 32 in the 4th period, and promptly run it 4 times for 7 yards, and turn it over.

Our kids just don't know how to win. 4 straight now by CSU over VMIxnonono2x

I hope we make a respectable showing in Lynchburg in 7 days.

Redwyn
October 31st, 2009, 03:25 PM
SBU torches Gardner Webb in strong second half comeback. 24-14

Seawolf97
October 31st, 2009, 04:29 PM
SBU torches Gardner Webb in strong second half comeback. 24-14

BEAUTIFUL !!

SumItUp
October 31st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Liberty 45, Presbyterian 5 with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

GridFan
October 31st, 2009, 04:57 PM
SBU "Torches" GWU? Guys, it was 17-14 with 2:30 left in the game. Hardly a "torching".

GWU owned every facet of the game from where I was sitting, minus some very sloppy play handling the football. Still a very big win for the Sea Wolves, any way you slice it.

Take care of business at CSU, which you should, you've got your title shot.

catdaddy2402
October 31st, 2009, 06:32 PM
Personally, I've never had bad BBQ and I can't think of one BBQ that I would call "the Best."

No doubt.

BBQ is like sex......even when it's bad it's pretty good.

BJuice
October 31st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Take care of business at CSU, which you should, you've got your title shot.

"Which you should..."???

Are you serious? At what point do you think that a Stony Brook win at CSU is as much of a guarantee as that?

That's fine. I hope Stony Brook underestimates us as much as you are.

Redwyn
October 31st, 2009, 06:39 PM
"Which you should..."???

Are you serious? At what point do you think that a Stony Brook win at CSU is as much of a guarantee as that?

That's fine. I hope Stony Brook underestimates us as much as you are.

I think it was just an assumption based on comparative wins and losses. Personally I think CSU is as much of a pitfall as you do. We won by 1 last year, and our program definitely remembers that. While I do believe with a bye week in between we'll have a pretty good upper hand, it is very, very dangerous having Liberty as the game after.

Looking forward to a fantastic game!

BJuice
October 31st, 2009, 06:46 PM
Looking forward to a fantastic game!

I am too. I obviously couldn't make the long distance road trip from South Carolina to Long Island last year when we played each other for the first time. I am looking forward to seeing your team in a couple weeks. First, we have PC at their place and we can't look past them. One week at a time.

I agree. It should be a good game between CSU and SBU.

g-webb1994
October 31st, 2009, 10:35 PM
I was really hopeful coming into this game. Looks like yet another "Patton Swoon" is happening again late in the season.xnonono2x

We've got to win at Coastal next week to salvage the season. Staring losing 3 of the last 4 in the eye if we don't.xsmhx

elcid83
October 31st, 2009, 10:48 PM
The GW fans have to give Stony Brook's D credit. Their boys played a tough physical game and created several turnovers and they capitalized on those turnovers. GW lost 4 fumbles today to SB. Prior to this game, GW had only lost 3 for the whole season. Tough loss for the Bulldogs, but we hardly got "scorched" and there certainly is no reason to believe we are in the middle of some kind of "swoon " - whatever that might be.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs025.snc3/11244_1181391368946_1053041569_30484355_5108361_n. jpg

g-webb1994
October 31st, 2009, 10:54 PM
Just looking at past performance by the coaching staff elcid, that's all. We were fortunate to beat VMI and CSU, both games could have gone the other way.

No, we didn't get scorched by any means....but it doesn't matter if you play Southern Virginia, Stony Brook, or NC State....put the ball on the turf four times and you get in a world of trouble....

Won't surprise me in the least to see CSU pull the upset in Charleston against SBU.....

Redwyn
October 31st, 2009, 11:22 PM
Won't surprise me in the least to see CSU pull the upset in Charleston against SBU.....

Me neither, but not because one team was necessarily better than the other. If I was SBU I'd be gunning for Liberty. It'll be hard to focus on CSU with Liberty lurking a week later....

kirkblitz
November 1st, 2009, 12:26 AM
i can not WAIT until this so called coach of ours is gone, we most likley got 3-8 this season. way to lead the team coach!

Hoseinexile07
November 1st, 2009, 08:28 AM
i can not WAIT until this so called coach of ours is gone, we most likley got 3-8 this season. way to lead the team coach!

Why all the Bennett hate? I mean, he got Coastal to where they are today.

clinchBoy
November 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
I was really hopeful coming into this game. Looks like yet another "Patton Swoon" is happening again late in the season.xnonono2x

We've got to win at Coastal next week to salvage the season. Staring losing 3 of the last 4 in the eye if we don't.xsmhx

Will GW have to suffer another year after this one with that morron as the HC. I guess being at or below .500 is all it takes to hang around in Boiling Springs. Don't look for GW to beat Coastal. Patton will make a bonehead decision that will cost them this one too. He does it every year against them. Its like he has money on the game when it comes to Coastal. Wait, he probably does. haha!

GridFan
November 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
^ very, very uncalled for man. Grow up.

I think this team, this year, is mature enough to bounce back from a tough loss. I've heard Coastal is as good as the league has defensively, so it will be a tough game down there regardless.

Go 'Dogs.

kirkblitz
November 1st, 2009, 12:43 PM

6-6 , 5-6, most likely 3-8

are his records for this season and the last 2. I dont care what he did for me in the past he cant win a game to save his life now.

IaaScribe
November 1st, 2009, 12:55 PM
I think CSU will beat Stony Brook.

seoulflame
November 1st, 2009, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=GridFan;1451838\
I've heard Coastal is as good as the league has defensively, so it will be a tough game down there regardless.

Go 'Dogs.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that? Didn't you hear LU put up 58 on that defense? I think their defense was ranked high early in the season because of their sub par opposition.

Schfourteenteen
November 1st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Where did you hear that? Didn't you hear LU put up 58 on that defense? I think their defense was ranked high early in the season because of their sub par opposition.

Liberty put up 58 for two reasons. 1) Coastal couldnt stop us (outside the redzonein the 1st and really at all in the 2nd half) and 2) They turned the ball over what 4 times in 14 minutes? Anytime you commit that many turnovers you're going to give up points.

Now, Coastal's D has had good numbers before the Liberty game. Partly because their defensive unit is pretty decent, and partly because they havent played any good offensive teams.

kdinva
November 1st, 2009, 06:53 PM
Now, Coastal's D has had good numbers before the Liberty game. Partly because their defensive unit is pretty decent, and partly because they havent played any good offensive teams.
VMI's performance in Conway made CCU look like the '85 Bears.....

CarolinaGirl
November 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM

Don't fan the flames....please xprayx
He's not welcome on Coastal's board and can't find anyone to side with him and his outrages against the coaching staff, the offense, the defense, special teams, the equipment manager, other fans, and the band. Yes, the band. Bennett isn't going anywhere; he's locked into a nice contract. (KB, you can keep your replies to yourself. I have no interest in debating with you xcoffeex)
ANYWAY......good luck at home against CSU next Saturday. We will see you at the beach in 2 weeks. Are you making the trip down?
Whoever it was at the beginning of the season that said the game at Stony Brook on 11/21 would be the conference decider, called that one. That should be a great game!

Seawolf97
November 1st, 2009, 09:04 PM
Me neither, but not because one team was necessarily better than the other. If I was SBU I'd be gunning for Liberty. It'll be hard to focus on CSU with Liberty lurking a week later....

You cant let one slip away while focusing on Liberty. I fully expect Liberty to come into our stadium 5-0 in conference play barring a major upset. If we trip up at CSU on the 14th and face Liberty with a 4-1 record it could be tacky. I hope we win another close one at CSU and have momentum going into the 21st. We have two weeks to prepare and heal up for CSU

SumItUp
November 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
VMI's performance in Conway made CCU look like the '85 Bears.....

:) After reading this, I had to make a quick stop by YouTube to show my boys the 85 Bears doing the Super Bowl Shuffle.

VMI has a decent squad but they have struggled to put it together for a whole game.

Hoseinexile07
November 1st, 2009, 09:41 PM
ANYWAY......good luck at home against CSU next Saturday. We will see you at the beach in 2 weeks. Are you making the trip down?

No, unfortunately. I live in Florida and have 70 undergrads to worry about and keep in line, so no football road trips for me this season. I'd sure love to be there to watch our boys go 2-0 in Brooks Stadium. Seems like Coastal and PC will be locked in an epic struggle to claim the monopoly on suckiness this season. xlolxxlolxxlolx

xnonono2x

g-webb1994
November 1st, 2009, 10:31 PM
The Bennett/Patton rivalry dates back to our SAC days when Bennett was at Catawba. Bennett has always had the edge on the General for one reason or another....

The game Saturday in Conway will be a knock-down, drag-out, ugly game for pride for both squads....