PDA

View Full Version : Did the SOCON officials not learn from the SEC

appst97
October 24th, 2009, 08:53 PM
The officials today sucked!!!! they blew several calls in the first half. I hope they are held accountable for that. Their performance should be graded and that grade should be made public. Every week!!

APPdopted
October 24th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it was bad. To say the least.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
yeah... they almost cost yall the game.... the NERVE!!!! What were they THINKING!?!

appst97
October 24th, 2009, 09:30 PM
well, they did give GSU their first 7

ASU_Fanatic
October 24th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah...I've never seen refs who love pass interderence like those guys did.

CID1990
October 24th, 2009, 09:51 PM
They were pretty bad in Charleston today, as well.

eaglewraith
October 24th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Well, there was a lot of horrendous holding that App got away with on their OL all day long. I'm sure we did the same but it was pretty bad. I don't even want to think about the facemasks that were not called. One of the announcers said our receiver got himself twisted up at one point...well the reason was because his neck was almost broken from a facemask that was ignored by the refs.

Also, several of those PI calls on us were complete and total bull****.

appst97
October 26th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Well, there was a lot of horrendous holding that App got away with on their OL all day long. I'm sure we did the same but it was pretty bad. I don't even want to think about the facemasks that were not called. One of the announcers said our receiver got himself twisted up at one point...well the reason was because his neck was almost broken from a facemask that was ignored by the refs.

Also, several of those PI calls on us were complete and total bull****.

There were terrible calls all day, The one positive is that it did not seem to be too one-sided. I'm not saying we need replay, but there should be a system in place to fix some of the egregious errors that we saw on Saturday. ( the BS fumble that led to a 1st qtr TD) So what if the referee gets his feelings hurt, he blew the call, and should be held PUBLICLY accountable. BTW is there an emoticon for climbing off of my soapbox?:)

Eaglesrus
October 26th, 2009, 08:21 AM
There were terrible calls all day, The one positive is that it did not seem to be too one-sided. I'm not saying we need replay, but there should be a system in place to fix some of the egregious errors that we saw on Saturday. ( the BS fumble that led to a 1st qtr TD) So what if the referee gets his feelings hurt, he blew the call, and should be held PUBLICLY accountable. BTW is there an emoticon for climbing off of my soapbox?:)

Yeah, I would hope that everyone would acknowledge that there were bad calls on both teams. No excuse for them, and I agree that the conference needs to do something.

phoenixphanatic21
October 26th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Wow, what a shocker. SoCon officials sucking. I mean, these are the same guys who one pronounced Elon as Eleon (E-lee-on). I'm real tired of these refs, though I will say this year (minus the Wake game) they haven't been as bad as years past. But something should be done about them sometime soon. Whether they actually will or not remains to be seen. (I'm not holding my breath though.)

Bam
October 26th, 2009, 08:38 AM
FCS officials= xthumbsdownx

WVAPPmountaineer
October 26th, 2009, 08:47 AM
my feeling is the SoCon refs have gotten worse - this is not sour grapes because APP is undefeated in conference play but come on ---- the GSU game was terribly called and the bad calls or lack of calls went against both teams - There had to be at least 20 penalties called - not all accepted - but called and it just kept dragging out the game - Look, all of us know they could throw a flag on every play for something - these guys seem to want to be part of the game other than just overseeing it ----

JMUNJ08
October 26th, 2009, 08:52 AM
The problem with referees is that so few want the job. It is a thankless job that no one wants. The people who are truly into the game don't want to ref leaving people who want to be involved and make a name for themselves. How will they get noticed if they aren't throwing flags right and left? Alot weren't great athletes themselves (not all) and get a kick out of being in control of the ones who are playing the game.

Everyone on the field and in the stands think they can do better. Why aren't they out there then? I reffed intramurals and became a supervisor as well. When a frat started belittling our two female basketball refs because of poor calls I ask them to come out if they think they could do better than them and ref. You know how many took up my offer? ZERO

Something needs to be done reviewing the quality but the whole system can't be fixed because of the job and stress that comes with it.

appst97
October 26th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I've done my share of afficiating, not at this level. The hardest thing to do is admit you blew a call. That doesn't fix the mistake, but at least the coaches, fans and most importantly, the players know that you recognized the error AND that you cared enough to admit it!

AppIAA
October 26th, 2009, 09:15 AM
While officiating is much harder than it looks, blowing THAT many calls in a game is ridiculous. I understand, one, two, maybe three calls a game that are awful calls... but I can think of at least 10 that were absolutely horrible calls/no calls (for both sides)..

JMUNJ08
October 26th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Being that it was so evenly called its just the refs were that bad.

I always admitted it to players even during the game when i made a mistake. They understood and gave me some respect.

The problem is that admitting mistakes gains more criticism at this level. Not respect. The head of the SoCo officials just needs to go out and higher new ones that can do the job.

elon77
October 26th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, what a shocker. SoCon officials sucking. I mean, these are the same guys who one pronounced Elon as Eleon (E-lee-on). I'm real tired of these refs, though I will say this year (minus the Wake game) they haven't been as bad as years past. But something should be done about them sometime soon. Whether they actually will or not remains to be seen. (I'm not holding my breath though.)

I heard him say that, I just thought he was trying to say Eloan . xlolx

DG Cowboy
October 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Wait until you have SLC officials do a game for one of your teams.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 26th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Actually, I don't think the officiating has been that bad up until Saturday. There were a few missed calls but nothing horrendous. The pass interference calls and a non-call or two were absolutely horrendous, though, and both teams got the bad end of the stick at least twice.

I can't belive I'm saying this, but if we were going to lose a game I'm glad it wasn't close. Losing a game because your opponent is playing like they will go to the guillotine if they lose doesn't feel nearly as bad as losing a close game with bad calls.