PDA

View Full Version : Albany's Conference Win Streak

Dane96
October 24th, 2009, 02:14 PM
There is a good chance it could end next week, as this is the game everyone has been looking forward to in the NEC since last season. CCSU should put up as stiff of a test as Maine and GSU (UMASS just dominated Albany's run game).

That said, to have an 18 game win streak...is simply amazing. The Danes last loss was in 2006 to Monmouth.

It is an unreal accomplishment, no matter the level of competition. It is currently the longest conference win streak in DIVISION I FOOTBALL.

Congrats to the players and staff!xthumbsupx

UMass922
October 24th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Next week's game should be a good one. CCSU needs to put away Bryant, though. They're tied halfway through the 4th . . .

jpg_91
October 25th, 2009, 07:01 AM
The streak is amazing but I'd rather have a few losses in a better conference. We need to move up now.

grizzpaw
October 25th, 2009, 08:19 AM
when i was watching the ccsu vs sh they said YOU were the team to beat!

Original_RMC
October 25th, 2009, 08:26 AM
The streak is amazing but I'd rather have a few losses in a better conference. We need to move up now.

Why move to a different conference?
NEC gets the automatic bid next year.

And what conference could you see Albany jumping to?

danefan
October 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Why move to a different conference?
NEC gets the automatic bid next year.

And what conference could you see Albany jumping to?

The only conference to go to would be the Big South and I don't see a huge benefit there.

The reason is simple: just making the playoffs isn't good enough. With a 40 ride max, that's exactly what any NEC team will do. We need 63 rides to compete for a national championship. That's what we want.xthumbsupx

appfan2008
October 25th, 2009, 08:29 AM
we are close behind with a sixteen game conference win streak...

Original_RMC
October 25th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Does the Big South get an automatic bid?

danefan
October 25th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Does the Big South get an automatic bid?

Yes, next year as well.

Original_RMC
October 25th, 2009, 08:36 AM
If you jump conference is there a period of time where Albany would have to be deemed an Independent or can they join right away?

danefan
October 25th, 2009, 08:37 AM
If you jump conference is there a period of time where Albany would have to be deemed an Independent or can they join right away?

You can join right away. Albany's contract in the NEC is up after 2010. We could jump to the Big South and be eligible in 2011.

Don't worry though, we won't. Not enough money for travel and our facility is the #1 priority right now.

Original_RMC
October 25th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I'm not worried about it. I think Albany has to do whats best for their program and not the NEC.