PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Bucknell Thread

van
October 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Lehigh takes opening kick off in for 6, PAT missed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM
big return for the Bison to LU 36

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Lehigh's "D" should be able to completely shut down Bucknell.

van
October 24th, 2009, 12:39 PM
5 yards rushing in the first quarter, so much for our O line handling Bucknell

van
October 24th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Bucknell fumble, Engineers recover at Bucknell 29

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM
What is Colvin? Is he a running back? QB? Because ultimately he'll have to find a real role somewhere. Well right now he's hurt.

They make so many mistakes on offense is rediculous. The defense is really really good but the offense is just so bad. It has absolutely no direction.

van
October 24th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Offense still looks the same, after fumble recovery, intentional grounding, 3 yard loss and 12 yard pass, now a poor pas that is intercepted

RichH2
October 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Spring practice. Camp, 7th game. Offense still no better. Coaching,coaching. xnonono2x Basically same players. Coen will again blame players for mistakes. Idiot, if a student who wants to learn does not it is the fault of the teacher. These are very bright motivated kids. Why do they still selfdestruct every week? Gotta feel none of the qbs have any self confidence left. W/o Colvin , we better hope D scores some points.xnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2009, 01:05 PM
What horrible penalties.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Well Lehigh over came the mistakes on that drive to score on 4th and goal.

XP blocked, ran in by Lehigh for 2 points.

14-0 Lehigh about 6 mins 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Bucknell responds with their own scoring drive

Lehigh 14-7 1:38 2Q

van
October 24th, 2009, 01:30 PM
2 minute drill looked good,

TD with 5 sec left in the half

van
October 24th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Lehigh 21
Bucknell 7

Half time

RichH2
October 24th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Barket showed why he was so highly touted. The kid wont go down.Finally some passes to TE. Still stupid penalties by O, Back to back by Center. Noticed that crucial plays so far alot of frosh. Haggins, Peery Barket.

Go...gate
October 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Update?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2009, 02:16 PM
21-10 Lehigh, start of 4th quarter.

van
October 24th, 2009, 02:25 PM
long drive by Lehigh, 28-10

LU73
October 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Final Lehigh 35 Bucknell 16. Lehigh offense just kept getting better as game wore on and eventually took control.

RichH2
October 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM
JB settled down 2nd half , actually looked good. Drwal and Flynn , Gordon and TE all did well. OL finally got moving nice run blocking. Barket faster than I thought , real tough will not go down, Walker starting to look like he should. D very good , let down a bit in 2nd half , game never in doubt.
Lots of really dumb penalties 9/104 yds. Kennedy, Eldemire mind sucking penlties.
Colvin hurt carted off field with leg injury. Campbell dressed but D/N/P

We play like this next week we wont make it out of the 1st half. Can we put together a solid game vs a good club

ngineer
October 24th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Didn't get to 'see' it, but listened on the radio. Sounded like the offense finally got into sync by the second quarter, and especially second half, with the run game finally showing some life. Clark with 327 yards passing is not too shabby, and leading receivers are sophs and frosh!xeekx Colvin injury sounded serious, being wheeled off like that. Good that Walker is getting back near 100%. I agree about the stupid after the whistle penalties (*see related post in PL Week 8). I thought the PL had smart kids..such mindless penalties drive me nuts. Also looks like we now have a "kicking controversy" just after the QB one settles down. Randazza seems to have problems with the 'lift' of his ball when he kicks. The frosh kicker has a heck of a strong leg. Can easily hit from 55. Needs work on accuracy, though.

RichH2
October 24th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Peery an A-S kicker in HS real big leg, a bit of a shotgun K tho. Penalties did not hurt us this week. We will not have that cushion next week. Gate will be p*ssed after getting beaten well by HC. We are going to be their feel better game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 24th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Bucknell is terrible but Lehigh isn't BAD, they're just not good, lol. There's a lot of talent on this team that will give everyone left on their schedule trouble. Lehigh's defense is good enough to handle Colgate or Lafayette. The offense on the other hand remains a mess. If the coaches can somehow find a way to put players in position to make plays maybe they can steal a game from one of the big 3. However, it's still hard to see that actually happen. Even so i don't see anyone in the PL blowing this team out. Any loss will be "respectable".

colorless raider
October 24th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Update?

Do you ever go to any Gate games ex at Princeton?

RichH2
October 24th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Owl
Biggest improvement in this game was play calling. I dont recall a single "WHAT the ******" thought during the game. O still made some mental errors but overall best game of the year for all parts of O. Granted against not a good team. I like your distinction that we are not a bad team just not a good one. Frustrating to look back and realize that with even a half way decent O this team could be 5-2 now. Next week a very good team

Digby
October 25th, 2009, 08:56 AM
HATE THE GATE. I wonder if we will be hearing that this week. I think not.

RichH2
October 25th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Badnews , Colvin broke fibula , out for the year

dawwggboy
October 25th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Owl
Biggest improvement in this game was play calling. I dont recall a single "WHAT the ******" thought during the game.O still made some mental errors but overall best game of the year for all parts of O. Granted against not a good team. I like your distinction that we are not a bad team just not a good one. Frustrating to look back and realize that with even a half way decent O this team could be 5-2 now. Next week a very good team

"I dont recall a single "WHAT the ******" thought during the game." Can you say WILDCAT 500 times. It was only a matter of time that there would be a terrible incident from that play. Every team knows that if 15 is brought into the game, key on him, and they did. THE OC has got to go. TODAY!

RichH2
October 25th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I still likethe wildcat. It has been productive for us and scored a TD yesterday. Broken leg is tough but injuries are partof game. Play calling has s*cked all year. Bucknell was 1st game that we had a consistent O with fewer dumb mistakes and missed assignments. Altho, some of the brain freezes still made me shudder. Gate will make up pay dearly for those. 9 penalties for over a 100 yards. Repeat that and next week game will be over athalftime.