PDA

View Full Version : MVFC week 8 Predicts (no Smack)

Pant8her
October 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
No Smack Just Footbal

UNI @ SDSU - MVFC #1 Game of the Week
If SDSU wins they could be well on their way to the MVFC Champion, and UNI would likely be on the outside looking in and likely out of post season play. If UNI wins SDSU is against the ropes and must win out, if this occurs there could be a three way tie on the MVFC. What a way for the valley to go.
YSU @ SIU - MVFC #2 Game of the Week
If SIU wins they will be sitting pretty with a showdown in Brookings 7 Nov, Brrrrr... YSU would also have to win out for any hopes for post season action. If YSU wins, SIU will be looking to run the table and hope for a MVFC co-championship, with post season play likely, unless they loose to SDSU.
MSU @ NDSU - MVFC #3 Game of the Week
Thisis playoff game for MSU, as will every week. MSU has thier destiny in their own hands. Lose any game and stay home for post season. Win out and have a chance for playoffs. NDSU will be playing for pride, and they will have PP back which will help them.
WIU @ IND St - MVFC #n Game of the Week
What needs to be said here????

Picks:
SDSU wins a shoot out in cold Brookings 38-35
SIU gets another close call at home and wins with a third quarter turnover to keep ahead by 3 by games end. YSU exposes a weakness in SIU defense.
NDSU wins one and gets out of the cellar at home. Bison fans rejoice telling the whole world they can win the MVFC.
WIU wins....

Don't HATE just APPRECIATE:)
Peace

RabidRabbit
October 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
SDSU vs UNI on Hobo Day. This game, if won by the Jacks will be THE DEFINING TURNING POINT game for this "Blue Collar" team and school. As Panther fans are noting, they have not lost TWO games in a row in MoValley action. This game will be dominated by the #1 vs #2 scoring defenses in the FCS. There is a high potential that more defensive points are scored than offensive points scored. Lowest scoring game the Jacks play this year. JACKS 17 Panthers 14

SIU vs YSU - YSU is tied with UNI with only one loss. But they're about to start through the top three. SIU is better than MSU. SIU 28, YSU 13.

MSU @ NDSU - NDSU is the best 1-6 team in the nation. xwhistlex After this game, they'll be the best 1-7 team. MSU zones in on #4 in MVFC.

WIU @ ISU-Trees For homecoming. ISU finally plays a team that is as down as the Trees will see this season. UPSET SPECIAL Trees 14-Leathernecks 9 xoopsx

nmatsen
October 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
UNI
SIU
MSU
ISU-Blue

Jacks02
October 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Rabbits
Dogs
Bears
Trees

MSUBear42
October 23rd, 2009, 10:59 AM
UNI- They killed us while we almost took SDSU into OT
Dawgs
Don't Pick MSU games, but have a bad feeling about this one for some reason
WIU is decent despite their record.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 23rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry, but the only way to do this is against the spread (per 5dimes.com):

UNI -5 @ SDSU : The Rabbits not only cover, but squeek out the win in a cold, muddy, windy, defensive battle for the ages... Crazy things happen on Hobo Day!

W. Illinois -11.5 @ Indiana St. : The Sycamores keep this one close until the end, but Western pulls out a nail biter by 3 or 4 points...

Y'town @ S. Illinois -18: I'll take the Penguins and the points, but they definetly lose this one in the 2nd half after the Saluki's come alive after a flat start following last week's big win...

Missouri St. @ NDSU -3: My LOCK OF THE WEEK, the Bison, will win this game by 17 or more. They aren't as bad as their 1-6 record and the Bears have never played in Fargo...

Thumper 76
October 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Quick note on the UNI-SDSU game. IF UNI wins, I doubt that it will be by more than a score. First because these are two very good teams. And secondly, because it is Hobo Day, and the Jacks haven't lost by more than a score in 20 yrs on Hobo day, and only have lost 4 games as a whole in that period. Should be a great game!

LakesBison
October 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Thugs 37 Muddy tailgate & field 10

West Ill 24 larry bird's team 14

Penguins 12 Mustache man 18

Bears 14 MOHLER 33

Saluki09
October 23rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
These are my predictions from the other thread before it went south xsmhx

UNI @ SDSU

This might turn into a passing game for both teams, but UNI might be able to run as well. UNI has had their hands full with 2 of the top MVFC rushing teams in back to back weeks. Things will get a little easier this week, but not much. SDSU also has been good against the run except against Cal Poly (202 rushing yards allowed). It's hard to say where their run Defense is ACTUALLY at because Paschall wasn't in the game last week, and other than Cal Poly, SDSU hasn't really been tested this year (since Georgia Southern has performed below expectations). I'm thinking UNI controls the clock and wins by 10.

YSU @ SIU

Youngstown has probably had the easiest schedule in the MVFC so far and still has 2 losses. I know historically this game has been close (in Carbondale), but I just don't see YSU winning. Maybe it will be like our other rivalry game against Illinois State where things were close at the half... but once the strength of the depth chart starts showing, SIU pulls away in big fashion. SIU by 17

MSU @ NDSU

NDSU is sending in a freshmen QB and I think that may be the difference in the game. I think normally NDSU could win this one, but the newbie will probably make a few key mistakes in a close battle. MSU by a field goal

WIU @ IND St

If ever there were a team for Indiana State to upset, it might be WIU without Herb Donaldson and with a still relatively new head coach, but I still say InSU will still go all defeated this year. It could be their closest game though (excluding the Quincy overtime game). WIU by 10

SO ILLmatic
October 23rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
UNI
SIU
Mo State
WIU

darell1976
October 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
UNI
SIU
MSU (crowd calls for Bohl's head!!)
WIU

bcrawf
October 23rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
UNI
SIU
MSU
InSU

Hail Our Panthers
October 23rd, 2009, 06:02 PM
UNI
SIU
NDSU
WIU

FargoBison
October 23rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
UNI(I am still pretty unsure about this game though)
SIU
WIU
NDSU

da_Bison
October 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
UNI
SIU
NDSU
WIU

UNIFanSince1983
October 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
UNI - I just think they will get things righted after the loss to SIU at home. Will be very tough and hard fought though
SIU - Should be a cakewalk even though they are coming off the emotional high of winning in the dome for the first time since 1983
NDSU - Hope MSU can pull it out, but just think Paschall will run wild in the Fargo Convention Center
ISU - Hey they gotta win sometime why not against a Necks team that is struggling

Gil Dobie
October 23rd, 2009, 09:13 PM
SDSU - Homefield, UNI probably wins if it's in the Craft Show Hall
SIU
NDSU
ISU

Jacked_Rabbit
October 24th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Go Jacks!!! I realize there are a few games that need to be played first, but i'm looking forward to having SIU on our home turf for the conference championship... It's going to be hard for anything to come into our house and leave with a W. xeekx

jmc_jackrabbit
October 24th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Go Jacks!!! I realize there are a few games that need to be played first, but i'm looking forward to having SIU on our home turf for the conference championship... It's going to be hard for anything to come into our house and leave with a W. xeekx

Easy now. YSU isn't going to lie down and let us win next week. As Coach Stig says, the goal is to be 1-0 every week. This week, that means winning on the road at YSU, and it's never easy to win on the road in the MVFC.

da_Bison
October 24th, 2009, 07:00 PM
congrats on the win Jacks , very nice.. xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
October 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Rabbits
Dogs
Bears
Trees

You look on the money so far.xthumbsupx

Big Al
October 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
UNI - It's gut check time.
SIU - They'll murdalize the 'Guins.
NDSU - But they will pay a dear price to win.
WIU - Poor trees.

From my post on the predict thread that ended up in the smack lounge.

Good golly. This week sucked. The only game I called correctly was the SIU/YSU matchup.

UNI's season isn't over -- the D is certainly keeping up it's share of the bargain but we have some serious re-work to do on Offense. SDSU did exactly what I said they needed to do -- be patient and capitalized when UNI makes a mistake.

Oh well, here's to next week!

Jacks02
October 26th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Rabbits
Dogs
Bears
Trees

Woo, got the week correct!