PDA

View Full Version : MEAC Thermonuclear Scenario

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
SCSU beat FAMU --> check

Let's say:

FAMU beats Morgan State
Morgan State beats SCSU

FAMU, SCSU and Morgan State win the rest of their games.

Final Standings:

SCSU 9-2 (7-1)
FAMU 9-2 (7-1)
Morgan State 9-2 (7-1)

All lost to a FBS team, played all Division I schedules

Therefore the autobid comes down to a coin flip. xeekx And you potentially have up to two 9-2 teams sitting in the sidelines in the postseason (all probably with a win over an FCS Top 25 team), while a 7-4 CAA team could potentially make it in.

Whoa.

danefan
October 22nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
SCSU beat FAMU --> check

Let's say:

FAMU beats Morgan State
Morgan State beats SCSU

Final Standings:

SCSU 9-2 (7-1)
FAMU 9-2 (7-1)
Morgan State 9-2 (7-1)

Therefore the autobid comes down to a coin flip. xeekx And you potentially have up to two 9-2 teams sitting in the sidelines in the postseason (all probably with a win over an FCS Top 25 team), while a 7-4 CAA team could potentially make it in.

Whoa.

But if your situation does happen, all of the wins over Top 25 teams will be over teams that are no longer Top 25 when selection Sunday rolls around. So then none of those teams would have any good wins.

I can think of another team that could end up with 9-2 with a win over a then-Top 25 team that will be sitting home during the playoffs. xcoffeex

93henfan
October 22nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
...while a 7-4 CAA team could potentially make it in.

Please. xrolleyesx

Sir William
October 22nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
SCSU beat FAMU --> check

Let's say:

FAMU beats Morgan State
Morgan State beats SCSU

Final Standings:

SCSU 9-2 (7-1)
FAMU 9-2 (7-1)
Morgan State 9-2 (7-1)

Therefore the autobid comes down to a coin flip.

I'm bettin' SC State runs the table the rest of the way. They are a very good football team. And I'd love to see them go deep into the playoffs...unless of course we have to play them...and that's assuming that we make the playoffs...and that's a big, big "if"...but I digress.

Good luck Bulldogs!

3rd Coast Tiger
October 22nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
LET'S GO MEAC!!! xthumbsupx

Pitbull
October 22nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
I'm bettin' SC State runs the table the rest of the way. They are a very good football team. And I'd love to see them go deep into the playoffs...unless of course we have to play them...and that's assuming that we make the playoffs...and that's a big, big "if"...but I digress.

Good luck Bulldogs!
Thanks....

We won't lose to Morgan...I'm more concerned about our game w/ Hampton on their homecoming....We are taking one win at a time...the polls will take care of itself....

BulldogWillie
October 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM

Good luck Bulldogs!

Sir William,I believe Furman will make the playoffs. If htey win out,the purple and white stands a good chance to get an at-large bid.

I agree with you about my Bulldogs. All we have to do is run the table and we get the automatic bid. And hopefully a home game in the first round of the playoffs.xthumbsupx

WestCoastAggie
October 22nd, 2009, 04:30 PM
We all are assuming that FAMU will beat Morgan. Morgan State has a 2 game winning streak over FAMU including a win in Bragg last year.

But if the Bulldogs are truly a team that is worthy of a top 10 ranking and a outside shot at a seed, they will be the Bears of Baltimore by at least the same margin they beat FAMU.

SC State not only needs to win out but they need to win with style to support their schedule.

bluehenbillk
October 22nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
Just curious. When time comes for Selection Sunday, what are the quality wins non-autobid MEAC teams like FAMU can point to?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Please. xrolleyesx

Right. Does the whole "Morgan State narrowly outlasting Towson while being outgained by nearly 200 yards on September 26th" "Thing" fit into that equation anywhere?

Pitbull
October 22nd, 2009, 07:19 PM
I hear the sarcasm in your posts...I understand the MEAC hasn't don't much in the playoffs....But we are working on changing that perception....

MoBear
October 23rd, 2009, 07:47 AM
I actually thought of this scenario but I don’t see it happening. Morgan is living on the edge with all these close games were they are getting outplayed. NCA&T, Towson, and even Howard (in there passing game) all had big days against them. The defense is good but clamps down in the late in the game. They have to do it for 4 quarters. The running game is started slowly this season but it picking up and Devan James is a beast.

FAMU will finish this season with only 2 losses and will get consideration from the committee. Not because of the wins but the losses. They will only have 2 losses to 2 top ranked teams in both the FCS and FBS. With that being said I think they will be left out. Unless TSU and Morgan St finish there season with 3 losses or less if they don’t then they will look like they had a cup cake schedule.

SCSU will not lose for the rest of the season. They will go undefeated in the MEAC for the 2nd year in a row. There’re only losses will come to 2 FBS teams (USC, Clemson) and a 3 time defending champs in App ST. This team in dangerous for anybody. I also believe that there recruiting will also pick up in the south.

89Hen
October 23rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
And you potentially have up to two 9-2 teams sitting in the sidelines in the postseason (all probably with a win over an FCS Top 25 team
Nope. FAMU would not have a win over a Top 25 and I would not shed a tear for two 9-2 MEAC teams sitting home. Would you be upset about a 11-0 Butler sitting at home?

andy7171
October 23rd, 2009, 08:03 AM
I see Morgan State beating FAMU, but not SCSU. If James is healthy, the Bears are a pretty good team, if not, they aren't.

DSUrocks07
October 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
I actually thought of this scenario but I don’t see it happening. Morgan is living on the edge with all these close games were they are getting outplayed. NCA&T, Towson, and even Howard (in there passing game) all had big days against them. The defense is good but clamps down in the late in the game. They have to do it for 4 quarters. The running game is started slowly this season but it picking up and Devan James is a beast.

FAMU will finish this season with only 2 losses and will get consideration from the committee. Not because of the wins but the losses. They will only have 2 losses to 2 top ranked teams in both the FCS and FBS. With that being said I think they will be left out. Unless TSU and Morgan St finish there season with 3 losses or less if they don’t then they will look like they had a cup cake schedule.

SCSU will not lose for the rest of the season. They will go undefeated in the MEAC for the 2nd year in a row. There’re only losses will come to 2 FBS teams (USC, Clemson) and a 3 time defending champs in App ST. This team in dangerous for anybody. I also believe that there recruiting will also pick up in the south.

That sounds like the way we won the MEAC in 2007. xcoolx