PDA

View Full Version : CSN Inside the OVC: No Unbeatens Left In OVC

CSN-info
October 21st, 2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/INSIDETHEOVC.JPG

CSN Inside the OVC: No Unbeatens Left In OVC
By James D. Horne, CSN Inside the OVC Columnist

And then there were none.

Murray State’s 9-6 upset over Tennessee State knocked the last OVC team from the ranks of the conference undefeateds last weekend.

It’s the kind of victory that could boost a program for the future. But Racers’ coach Matt Griffin isn’t buying into that — just yet.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/10/21/csn-inside-the-ovc-no-unbeatens-left-in?blog=5)

Buzzcut
October 22nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
Mr. Horne sure likes predicting a lot of close games. And that MSU/UTM score I flat out disagree with. UTM's offense is a lot better than it is getting credit for. Had it not been for very sloppy late game special teams play by UTM last week against EKU, it very well could have been a different game (I won't discuss the 3 INTs in the first quarter, which is inexcusable).

JSU02
October 22nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Thats a poorly written, inaccurate title.

Bam
October 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM

Yeah, if it was dated 2010. xnonox

JSU02
October 22nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
We are in the OVC and we have yet to lose an OVC game. The title is inaccurate.

Bam
October 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
This yr. is a joke anyway. TSU doesn't even play JSU & they have a shot at winning the d*mn thing.

iceman4221
October 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM

I couldn't agree with you more - I started scrambling over to sportsnetwork.com to see who had upset Jacksonville State, only to read the article later and see that Horne excluded them from the discussion due to APR. xsmhx That title is very misleading and egregious at best... xsmhx

iceman4221
October 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
This yr. is a joke anyway. TSU doesn't even play JSU & they have a shot at winning the d*mn thing.

They won't they have a coach in webster that will "nutt up" at the worst possible time... I would expect him to do what he has always done - Murphy's Law seems to accompany him on the sideline...xcoffeex

Bam
October 22nd, 2009, 12:44 PM
They won't they have a coach in webster that will "nutt up" at the worst possible time... I would expect him to do what he has always done - Murphy's Law seems to accompany him on the sideline...xcoffeex

So true, TSU did laid an egg vs Murray. EKU feels like USC (SoCal) this yr. A early conf. loss has the boys having to win out to have a punchers chance. xnonono2x

CsnOvcScribe
October 22nd, 2009, 05:06 PM

Jacksonville State can't win the title or go to the playoffs because the APR restrictions. So yes the Gamecocks are undefeated, but they can't win anything so they are a moot point as far as that goes.

I point to this sentence in the column: "GPI#7 Jacksonville State (2-0 OVC) still is undefeated, but it’s ineligible for the OVC title and the FCS playoffs due to APR penalties."

So the headline to the article and the piece itself is correct.

And if anyone should know that it's you JSU02! But if you're unsure call up Al Muskey at the Anniston Star or Greg Sietz, the JSU SID and I'm sure they'll explain it to you and to iceman4221

JSU02
October 22nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
I am quite aware of our APR consequences Scribe, but your later sentence states, "Jacksonville State (2-0 OVC) still is undefeated." That contradicts your own title. As iceman4221 stated, it is very misleading.

CSN-info
October 22nd, 2009, 06:27 PM
Changed. "Murray State’s 9-6 upset over Tennessee State knocked the last OVC team from the ranks of the conference undefeateds in the title race last weekend."

TTUEagles
October 23rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Predictions for the weekend, not that anybody cares, just putting off work:
EKU 24 APSU 13
Jacksonville St. 27 EIU 14
Murray St 30 UT-Martin 28
Tennessee Tech 31 SEMO 21
("homer" pick on the last one!)

Bam
October 23rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
I think UTM will bounce back & I see JSU getting at least 35 + in a win. All others look good.