PDA

View Full Version : App. St Defensive Ends

Kill'em
December 16th, 2005, 10:44 PM
All I can say is WOW! I had a feeling they would cause trouble but they were the difference in the game. What a performance!

Tribe4SF
December 16th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Amen to that!

JohnStOnge
December 17th, 2005, 08:12 AM
The secondary did a great job too. Last week Texas State got a good pass rush most of the time but UNI's receivers came open so quickly it didn't matter. It was TV and I couldn't see the whole field but it didn't look like too many UNI receivers were running wide open last night like they were last week.

AppGuy04
December 17th, 2005, 08:22 AM
The secondary did a great job too. Last week Texas State got a good pass rush most of the time but UNI's receivers came open so quickly it didn't matter. It was TV and I couldn't see the whole field but it didn't look like too many UNI receivers were running wide open last night like they were last week.

UNI completed alot of outs, and honestly could have had 10-15 on the sidelines whenever they wanted

Uncle Buck
December 17th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Great job, those two kids really played head and shoulders abover everyone else in crunch time. Two monsters that took control.

Kill'em
December 17th, 2005, 08:50 AM
UNI completed alot of outs, and honestly could have had 10-15 on the sidelines whenever they wanted
For a minute, I thought Georgia Southern's secondary was playing :D

ngineer
December 17th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Don't know who got MVP, but these two should share it.

Kill'em
December 17th, 2005, 09:21 AM
My feelings exactly.

blackfordpu
December 17th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Yes, they were the difference makers. Were they named co-mvps?

Appdad
December 17th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Great job, those two kids really played head and shoulders abover everyone else in crunch time. Two monsters that took control.

Yes they did. I am still in shock. What a team, what a win.

Back2Back05
December 17th, 2005, 01:53 PM

I was thinking the same thing. But when you have 2 All-American DE's and another stud on the d line it was only a matter of time till they proved to be too much to handle.

Cocky
December 17th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Offense ruled the playoffs, but the D won the championship game.

bcrawf
December 17th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Murrell will be a great Outside backer on the next level. They were the difference. We had problems moving the ball because of what they did not what we didn't. Gutsy effort to hold us out of the endzone after the fumbled kick in the 1st Quarter. Congrats to Appy State!!

As for us- We lose a lot of speed and talented receivers and most of our front 7 on D. But we have kids ready to step in and contribute. I like our chances of getting ours in the next couple of years with Eric Sanders at the helm!

hapapp
December 17th, 2005, 06:27 PM
I really was impressed with Sanders. UNI will be in great hands over the next several years.