PDA

View Full Version : CAA Predictions 10/24

JMUNJ08
October 21st, 2009, 08:23 AM
JMU @ W&M
Another week, another top 10 foe for JMU. After their first shutout at home since 1990, they are looking to rebound after 3 straight losses. They have won the last 3 meetings in Williamsburg but against a much lesser W&M squad. Unless W&M is real rusty from the bye week, they should win this one with Thorpe and the O still unable to get on the same page.
W&M 23 JMU 10

Towson @ Northeastern
The game of the week! Actually just because its so hard to pick. Both teams really struggling this season in the tough CAA. Towson has at least won a game and with the new head coach, maybe heading in the right direction.
Towson 17 Northeastern 10

New Hampshire @ Hofstra
A tough loss for UNH after the big win at Nova. Another interesting away game this week at Hofstra. They have played well against JMU and Maine at home(minus 7 TO's) and have the ability to keep this one close. However, UNH will come out and dominate like Nova did to JMU after a tough loss.
UNH 34 Hofstra 13

Rhode Island @ Nova
Nova comes off a road game at one of the toughest places to play sky high. They go home to a bottom three CAA team in URI. This one will be close, for the 1st Q.
Nova 41 URI 17

UMass @ Richmond
The real game of the week in the CAA. UMass shows they may have just laid an egg at UD by beating UNH after they just beat Nova who beat W&M. Now they have to come down south to play the unbeaten number 1 team in the nation. UR wins ugly and close but they win. That goes a long way. JMU beat the top CAA competition a year ago but had two late come from behind wins and only a few blowouts. UR is looking very similar with alot of upper classmen leadership. UMass will hang in there and may steal the game but there is something about this UR team.
UR 27 UMass 23

Make your predictions!

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 08:56 AM
My favorite week to pick... no Hen game. :)

W&M 31 - JMU 17
Northeastern 14 - Towson 13
UNH 34 - Hofstra 23
Villanova 35 - Rhode Island 6
Richmond 27 - UMass 24

93henfan
October 21st, 2009, 09:00 AM
W&M 20 - JMU 13
Northeastern 21 - Towson 17
UNH 34 - Hofstra 14
Villanova 45 - Rhode Island 10
Richmond 24 - UMass 21

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 09:04 AM
UR 27 UMass 23

Richmond 27 - UMass 24

Richmond 24 - UMass 21
Cue the UMass fans in 3... 2... 1 "I love all the people picking Richmond". xsmiley_wix

JMUNJ08
October 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Cue the UMass fans in 3... 2... 1 "I love all the people picking Richmond". xsmiley_wix

Well we have both seen UR and you hens fans have seen UMass. Who is better UMass on the road or UR at home????

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Well we have both seen UR and you hens fans have seen UMass. Who is better UMass on the road or UR at home????
Obviously I would have to go with UR beating the Hens vs UMass getting beaten badly by the Hens, BUT common opponents often don't work out. I'm just thinking UR may not be quite as strong as we all think they are and UMass isn't as bad as the UD game. That's why I have it basically the home field margin.

Tribe4SF
October 21st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Another huge game for UMass. Three weeks of UD, UNH and UR. This is why we call it the CAA Meatgrinder!xeekx

Dukie95
October 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
I don't usually do scores, but what the heck...

JMU 6 @ W&M 24

Towson 13 @ Northeastern 14

New Hampshire 45 @ Hofstra 17

Rhode Island 10 @ Nova 35

UMass 20 @ Richmond 30

UNHWildCats
October 21st, 2009, 10:23 AM
im rooting for UMass this weekend and then for JMU to beat them... keeps UNH alive for a share of the conference championship.

kdinva
October 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
W&M 26, JMU 13
Towson 23; Northeastern 17
UNH 38, Hofstra 21
Villanova 37; URI 13
URichmond 28; UMass 19

UncleSam
October 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM
Seems like most fans are predicting a UNH blowout at Hofstra. I disagree, HU will give UNH a tough game and an upset is possible.

NHwildEcat
October 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Seems like most fans are predicting a UNH blowout at Hofstra. I disagree, HU will give UNH a tough game and an upset is possible.

I don't see it...

bostonspider
October 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM
I wonder if UR's being at home might not have a bigger affect than we are all taking into account. Of UR's 6 wins, only two have been at home against VMI and Hofstra by a combined 85-28, or an average of 42-14. Their 4 wins on the road have been by a combined 99-69, or an average of 25-17. UR has scored over 30 points in their last 14 home games, averaging 38.9 points, going 13-1 and winning by an average of almost 23 points. (the only loss was last season 38-31 to JMU on the punt return).

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM
I wonder if UR's being at home might not have a bigger affect than we are all taking into account. Of UR's 6 wins, only two have been at home against VMI and Hofstra by a combined 85-28, or an average of 42-14. Their 4 wins on the road have been by a combined 99-69, or an average of 25-17. UR has scored over 30 points in their last 14 home games, averaging 38.9 points, going 13-1 and winning by an average of almost 23 points. (the only loss was last season 38-31 to JMU on the punt return).
I think the opponents may have more to do with it than the location.

@ Duke
@ Delaware
@ JMU
@ Maine

Going into the season anyone could have told you that the first four road games would be a lot tougher than VMI and Hofstra at home. xpeacex

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
I think the opponents may have more to do with it than the location.

@ Duke
@ Delaware
@ JMU
@ Maine

Going into the season anyone could have told you that the first four road games would be a lot tougher than VMI and Hofstra at home. xpeacex

The venue/caliber of opponent theories will be tested over the last 5 weeks:

@Towson
@Gtown

Umass home
Villanova home
W&M home

BDKJMU
October 21st, 2009, 12:22 PM
JMU @ W&M by 1-2 TDs

Towson @ Northeastern: Towson by 1-2 TDs

New Hampshire @ Hofstra: UNH by 1-2 TDs

Rhode Island @ Nova by 3-4 TDs

UMass @ Richmond by 1-2 TDs

SpidersSportsEditor
October 21st, 2009, 12:31 PM
JMU 27 W&M 24
UNH 35 Hofstra 10
Villanova 31 URI 6
Richmond 31 UMass 24

I'm interested to see how W&M does in this game. Richmond and Coach London seem to think UMass is the best team they've played all year, so should be a good test.

89Hen
October 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM
Richmond and Coach London seem to think UMass is the best team they've played all year, so should be a good test.
xeyebrowx Pulling the Lou Holtz?

jmufan999
October 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
my prediction is that Thorpe sucks and will continue to suck for at least the rest of the year. we'll see what happens next year.

Husky Alum
October 21st, 2009, 12:59 PM
Another huge game for UMass. Three weeks of UD, UNH and UR. This is why we call it the CAA Meatgrinder!xeekx

As opposed to the CAA Penny Candy Store of:

Northeastern
URI
Towson

I'm hoping NU goes 0-11. The only way to get attention (at the highest levels of the University) to the issues our football program faces is to publicly be humiliated tihs season and go 0-11.

I'm a fan, I'll go to as many games as I can, I've travelled to more than one long road trip (WM, YSU, NDSU, Syracuse), but we need to totally hit rock bottom before things can really change.

rcny46
October 21st, 2009, 01:43 PM

I'm usually not very accurate when it comes to making predictions,so I normally don't bother. There are just too many variables in most cases.I would have to agree with you on this one though.I think a close game rather than a blowout is the way it will play out,and while UNH seems to be the favorite,a Hofstra win wouldn't come as a complete surprise.

soccerguy315
October 21st, 2009, 01:47 PM
W&M - JMU
Northeastern - Towson
UNH - Hofstra
Villanova - Rhode Island
Richmond - UMass

UNH72Plus
October 21st, 2009, 02:01 PM
Statistically, the UMass/Richmond game is an interesting match up.

UMass Richmond
Pass defense (yd/game) 202 221
Pass offense (yds/game) 251 206
Rushing offense (yds/game) 149 146
Scoring offense (pts/game) 31 31
Scoring defense (pts/game) 19.2 16.2

The big difference is in the rushing defense where Richmond is ranked #4 in FCS (71 yards/game) and UMass is #34 (111 yards/game). The UMass running game played a huge part in the victory over UNH. Henderson has two runs of 42 & 34 yards that led to 10 points in the fourth quarter. Granted, Henderson is #2 in the depth charts, but he's still a quality back.

JMU Newbill
October 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM
Thorpe has not produced a TD drive since the 1st half of the Hofstra game (2 1/2 games ago). That streak may continue this week.

WM, UR, Northeastern, UNH, and Nova win this week.

Old Cage
October 21st, 2009, 02:07 PM
And Hernandez, the CAA Offensive Player of the Week, is an even better #2 running back than Henderson. xsmiley_wix

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101909aaa.html

Nelson, and equally importantly, Miles, are expected back.

http://www.gazettenet.com/node/248291

JMU Newbill
October 21st, 2009, 02:08 PM
IN this same span, Thorpe has 5 turnovers.

Pitz
October 21st, 2009, 02:37 PM
WM 27, JMU 23
Northeastern 28, Towson 24
UNH 38, Hofstra 14
Villanova 35, URI 7
Richmond 31, UMASS 30

SoCalAg
October 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
JMU @ W&M
Another week, another top 10 foe for JMU. After their first shutout at home since 1990, they are looking to rebound after 3 straight losses. They have won the last 3 meetings in Williamsburg but against a much lesser W&M squad. Unless W&M is real rusty from the bye week, they should win this one with Thorpe and the O still unable to get on the same page.
W&M 23 JMU 10

Towson @ Northeastern
The game of the week! Actually just because its so hard to pick. Both teams really struggling this season in the tough CAA. Towson has at least won a game and with the new head coach, maybe heading in the right direction.

New Hampshire @ Hofstra
A tough loss for UNH after the big win at Nova. Another interesting away game this week at Hofstra. They have played well against JMU and Maine at home(minus 7 TO's) and have the ability to keep this one close. However, UNH will come out and dominate like Nova did to JMU after a tough loss.
UNH 34 Hofstra 13

Rhode Island @ Nova
Nova comes off a road game at one of the toughest places to play sky high. They go home to a bottom three CAA team in URI. This one will be close, for the 1st Q.
Nova 41 URI 17

UMass @ Richmond
The real game of the week in the CAA. UMass shows they may have just laid an egg at UD by beating UNH after they just beat Nova who beat W&M. Now they have to come down south to play the unbeaten number 1 team in the nation. UR wins ugly and close but they win. That goes a long way. JMU beat the top CAA competition a year ago but had two late come from behind wins and only a few blowouts. UR is looking very similar with alot of upper classmen leadership. UMass will hang in there and may steal the game but there is something about this UR team.
UR 27 UMass 23

Make your predictions!

WM/JMU-
Boy did I learn my lesson last week. Thought JMU would pull off the upset, but I am off the bandwagon now - WM 30-13

Towson/Northeastern-
Towson wins an ugly one - Towson 13-7

UNH/Hofstra -
UNH starts to make their strong run through November - UNH 35-16

Nova/RI -
Nova is on a roll, they're gonna put up a bunch of points on RI's D - Nova 49-17

UMASS/Richmond -
makes me wish I was an east coaster, so I could go to the game. Gonna be a thing of beauty. Richmond has been living dangerously and I learned my lesson picking against UMASS. I'll go with UMASS in the big upset over #1 on the road-
UMASS - 28-24

UNH72Plus
October 21st, 2009, 02:53 PM
Old Cage

Sorry, senior moment! Whatever the name, he deserved the accolades.

FUPaladins
October 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM
W&M wins by 10.
Northeastern wins by 3.
New Hampshire wins by 7.
'Nova by 14.
Richmond by 21. Sorry UMass fans ;)

Dukie95
October 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
JMU 27 W&M 24
UNH 35 Hofstra 10
Villanova 31 URI 6
Richmond 31 UMass 24

I'm interested to see how W&M does in this game. Richmond and Coach London seem to think UMass is the best team they've played all year, so should be a good test.

Sorry, I don't follow. UR hasn't played UMass yet.

Did you mean to say JMU is the best team they've played? Or did you make some other, more likely, error when you typed this?

Edit: Nevermind, I see...I guess based on film, UMass is the best team they've looked at that is on their schedule.

EmeryZach
October 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
W&M 32 - JMU 14
Towson 21 - Northeastern 20
UNH 28 - Hofstra 17
Nova 38 - URI 7
Richmond 42 - UMass 28

ODU 27 - Savannah State 7

ODU keeps it rolling.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 21st, 2009, 10:01 PM
JMU 14 @ W&M 24. xrotatehx A really good CAA team gets beat by an even better really good CAA team.

Towson 21 @ Northeastern 7. xrolleyesx Hager watch is in full swing-finally. Towson gets better every week.

New Hampshire 24 @ Hofstra 21 (OT). xoopsx Manning for MVP as 'Cats struggle with ZooMass hangover.

Rhode Island 7 @ Villanova 45. xcoolx Southern 'Cats make a push to get back to Top3 in the nation. No prisoners approach employed.

UMass 24 @ Richmond 17. If Donny Brown's Defense shows up for Coach Morris this week, Minutemen will pull off the victory of the week in FCS Nation. Nobody is as capable of knocking heads than UMass if they choose to really come to play.

BDKJMU
October 22nd, 2009, 01:15 AM
IN this same span, Thorpe has 5 turnovers.

About a 3 quarter period he had 5 TOs (last about 1.5 qtrs of the UR game and 1st about 1.5 qtrs of the Nova game).

JMU Newbill
October 22nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
About a 3 quarter period he had 5 TOs (last about 1.5 qtrs of the UR game and 1st about 1.5 qtrs of the Nova game).

Makes me want to cry

HENJOHN
October 22nd, 2009, 06:44 AM
My 10 cents:

W & Mary 30 JMU 20

Towson 27 NEastern 22

UNH 51 Hofstra 30

VILL 47 URI 6

UMASS 24 RICH 21

ODU 35 SAVANAH 10

EmeryZach
October 22nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
UMass 24 @ Richmond 17. If Donny Brown's Defense shows up for Coach Morris this week, Minutemen will pull off the victory of the week in FCS Nation. Nobody is as capable of knocking heads than UMass if they choose to really come to play.

Thank you for the nice words, but UMass doesn't tend to show up for away games.

We will see what happens Saturday.

89Hen
October 22nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Sorry, I don't follow. UR hasn't played UMass yet.

Did you mean to say JMU is the best team they've played? Or did you make some other, more likely, error when you typed this?

Edit: Nevermind, I see...I guess based on film, UMass is the best team they've looked at that is on their schedule.
It's sandbagging. He doesn't want his team to think they are favored. Tubby Raymond was a king at this. He could make it sound like West Chester were the Pittsburgh Steelers during the week. And he made it sound like he would be amazed if we could ever beat Lehigh. :p

SpidersSportsEditor
October 22nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
It's sandbagging. He doesn't want his team to think they are favored. Tubby Raymond was a king at this. He could make it sound like West Chester were the Pittsburgh Steelers during the week. And he made it sound like he would be amazed if we could ever beat Lehigh. :p

Normally I would agree with you, but in this case I don't think that's necessarily true. Based on the press conferences from earlier games this year, London's tone was definitely different. Whatever they are seeing in the tape is giving them the indication that if they don't bring their A game for the whole game, UMass will have a good shot at the upset. Even the players admitted that they have won games without their best efforts so far this year, and in this game, they don't think that will be enough.

mcveyrl
October 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Normally I would agree with you, but in this case I don't think that's necessarily true. Based on the press conferences from earlier games this year, London's tone was definitely different. Whatever they are seeing in the tape is giving them the indication that if they don't bring their A game for the whole game, UMass will have a good shot at the upset. Even the players admitted that they have won games without their best efforts so far this year, and in this game, they don't think that will be enough.

So has he actually said that they are the best team they've faced all year? Seems to me like the rational follow-up would be how he explains the UMass Delaware game...

Mattymc727
October 22nd, 2009, 12:10 PM
W&M 31 - JMU 28
Towson 28 - Northeastern 10
UNH 24- Hofstra 10
Nova 35 - URI 3
Richmond 28 - UMass 24

89Hen
October 22nd, 2009, 12:11 PM
So has he actually said that they are the best team they've faced all year? Seems to me like the rational follow-up would be how he explains the UMass Delaware game...
Agreed. xeyebrowx

EmeryZach
October 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I also agree with that. He is definitely just making sure the guys don't forget to show up on Saturday.

UMass has 1 good win this season, and that was last week, at home, on homecoming. He can't possibly be basing his thoughts on the close loss to a horrible K-State, and big wins against lowly Stony Brook, URI, and Albany (still shocked that the Danes didn't put up a better fight). London is just making sure his guys stay focused, coaches do this all the time.

MacThor
October 22nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
I also agree with that. He is definitely just making sure the guys don't forget to show up on Saturday.

UMass has 1 good win this season, and that was last week, at home, on homecoming. He can't possibly be basing his thoughts on the close loss to a horrible K-State, and big wins against lowly Stony Brook, URI, and Albany (still shocked that the Danes didn't put up a better fight). London is just making sure his guys stay focused, coaches do this all the time.

Exactly. You start looking at film from the most recent game. UMass certainly has the most impressive "prior week's performance" of anyone UR has played to date. He wasn't taking anything away from the Blue Hens, but a win over West Chester < one over UNH.

I'm sure they'll study the UD-UMass tape for examples of how to beat the Minutemen.

GannonFan
October 22nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Here's my take:

James Madison 7 William and Mary 28: Well, this is the year when W&M finally gets a chance to stick it their cross-state rivals who 5 years ago cruelly derailed the best year in Tribe football history. JMU comes into this game as dead as could be - dead last in the CAA South (yes, even below Towson in the standings), the Dukes were just shut out, at home, on Homecoming last weekend, and JMU's only holding onto the very weak slimmer of a hope that a 7-4 CAA team could make the playoffs this year (probably won't happen this year). W&M counters with a very steady offense, and a defensive line that can play with anyone. W&M isn't going to wow people offensively, but they're productive enough, and with their defensive line pinning down the anemic JMU offense, especially with Thorpe under center, this won't be much of a game. You got the sense last week that JMU may be resigned to an awful season, and there's no reason to think it will change this week.

Towson 3 Northeastern 2: The matchup everyone's been waiting for, that is, until Towson somehow managed to win a conference game before this (way to go, Rhode Island!!!). Two CAA doormats get set to tangle, and what better venue than NU's cozy Parson's Field. Towson has been a turnover-laden team this year and it will certainly continue again this weekend. Northeastern, on the other hand, doesn't really seem to know what to do with a turnover so it may not matter. I feel sorry for the 5 or 10 guys who will be in the stands for this one, but someone has to win so I go with Towson in this one. On the bright side, Northeastern should have the #1 pick in the draft next year locked up with this loss - what, there's no draft? xlolx

New Hampshire 28 Hofstra 21: This game is actually a scary one for the Wildcats. First of all, they are coming off their first loss this past week to UMass, and they didn't look good doing it. Second, Hofstra is actually a pretty decent home team, already knocking off JMU this year and only losing to Maine at home after coughing up something like 30 turnovers. Hofstra isn't going to lie down for this one. Can New Hampshire solve their questions at QB? Can UNH run the ball effectively enough? That could go a long way in deciding this one. I think UNH pulls this one out, but this wouldn't be a huge shocker if Hofstra pulled off an upset here.

Rhode Island 0 villanova 35: Nothing to see here - Rhode Island lost to Towson, at home, therefore, by definition of the Towson Rule, Rhode Island is incapable of victory the rest of the season (until they play Northeastern, that is).

UMass 14 Richmond 28: I see UMass as a Jeckyll and Hyde team. In Amherst, they are very good and would be a challenge for anyone. Outside of Amherst, they are very mortal (see Newark 2 weeks ago). Unfortunately for them, this game is in Richmond. Richmond's had their own issues in terms of getting up to play games and has pretty much made every game close it seems, while winning every one of them, but this week I see them being motivated to play a team that just knocked off UNH. UMass wants to run the ball, play with a lead, and let their defense loose to attack the QB. I don't think they get to run the ball against Richmond's D and they'll be forced to try to win the game with Haven's arm, which I don't think will do it. And the Ward-led Richmond offense will continue to do whatever they have to do to put enough points on the board to win. If this game was in Amherst, it could be very different, but I take the home Spiders to win comfortably here.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
I'll go with:

W & M
Towson
NH
Nova
Richmond

Note: I do not expect JMU to score over 7 points.

Go Dukes

umassfan
October 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
There is a 80% chance of rain for the UMass Richmond game. Rain leans toward UMass i feel due to the Minutemen having the better running game of the two.

ItsyBitsySpider
October 22nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Depends on how severe the rain/wind is. Sloppy weather can favor the passing game as long as conditions aren't abysmal. Richmond has an excellent, experienced WR corps.

DTSpider
October 22nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Actually - weather is for rain in the early am and thunderstorms in the evening. So - not exactly driving rain during the game. There will be some wind (15 to 20 mph). Of course - this forecast may change 5 times over before saturday.

I actually think that UR comes out hot for this game. I've spoken with a few players and they said Maine was their wake-up call being down at the half. I look for UR to score early.

umassfan
October 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Depends on how severe the rain/wind is. Sloppy weather can favor the passing game as long as conditions aren't abysmal. Richmond has an excellent, experienced WR corps.

I just looked at the CAA stats and all passing stats lean toward UMass as well.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 22nd, 2009, 07:08 PM

You're right. We're hosed! xbowx

EmeryZach
October 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM

That's because we were so far behind at Delaware that we had to pass on every down.

It's pretty simple, Richmond is the better team. But, the better team does not always win.

(But I am pretty sure UR will win this one. But shhh... certain UMass fans don"t like when I say that)

Old Cage
October 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
Psst: I'm watching you.

EmeryZach
October 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Psst: I'm watching you.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Oh I know. But you have to admit that it did work last week. xsmiley_wixxthumbsupx

Spider
October 22nd, 2009, 08:42 PM
SPIDAHS OVER UMASS......xthumbsupx

BDKJMU
October 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
There is a 80% chance of rain for the UMass Richmond game. Rain leans toward UMass i feel due to the Minutemen having the better running game of the two.

That likely means 80% for JMU @ W&M, as they're only about 55 miles apart.

rcny46
October 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Oh I know. But you have to admit that it did work last week. xsmiley_wixxthumbsupx

Don't remind me;I still can't put it away. xbawlingx

JMUNJ08
October 23rd, 2009, 01:03 AM
That likely means 80% for JMU @ W&M, as they're only about 55 miles apart.

Its all we can hope for to keep it close. xpeacex The amount JMU is expected to score is getting lower....

UncleSam
October 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM
I don't see it...

UNH fans didn't see it when I predicted the UMass win last week.

GeeWiz
October 24th, 2009, 04:08 AM
W&M 27 JMU 14 - Tribe finaly gets to put the hammer down on the Dukes
Towson 28 NU 23 - I really can't believe I'm picking the Tigers but how can I go with NU this year as inept as this team has been so far
UNH 37 Hofstra 21 - Wildcats bounce back from the UMass loss
'Nova 31 URI 10 - Rams are no match for the 'Cats
Richmond 34 UMass 14 - Spiders will bring the Minutemess back to reality

and in the big one ...

... ODU 28 Savannah State 13 - ODU continues it's surprisingly good season

KAUMASS
October 24th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Rain games today...watch out for Rhode Island, they play well in the rain and wind. URI beat ranked Maine in 2006 and ranked UMass in 2007 in torrential wind & rain games. Hofstra played well against JMU in the rain this year. Can you imagine the CAA if UMass takes down UR, and URI beats 'Nova, and Hofstra beats UNH...we will find out in a couple of hours..You never know..

Husky Alum
October 24th, 2009, 08:30 AM
With the weather, and the opponent, this could be the lowest attended NU football game in ages.

Uncle Buck
October 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
With the weather, and the opponent, this could be the lowest attended NU football game in ages.

Hey, no matter what, i'm coming up for the football game when HU visits. I will see the Parson's mystique no matter what.

89Hen
October 26th, 2009, 08:06 AM
W&M 31 - JMU 17 (24-3) :)
Northeastern 14 - Towson 13 (27-7) :)
UNH 34 - Hofstra 23 (18-10) :)
Villanova 35 - Rhode Island 6 (36-7) xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Richmond 27 - UMass 24 (34-12) :)

Not bad, a little off on the scores is all.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 26th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Hey, no matter what, i'm coming up for the football game when HU visits. I will see the Parson's mystique no matter what.

Did you come by looking for us Saturday?

andy7171
October 26th, 2009, 08:28 AM

So how was the attendance? I listened to it on the radio. Towson is down to their 4th and 5th string QBs.

Uncle Buck
October 26th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Did you come by looking for us Saturday?

I couldn't. My youngest woke up with a fever and the wife had to get him into the doctor since she goes into panic mode at the sign of a sniffle. That left me on duty to take care of the other two until good old grandma could get out to the house. Didn't roll in until close to kickoff and never had the chance to pick up Blue Point Toasted as I had hoped.

However, since I am making the Parson's trip this year, i have already told the wife that UNH will definitely happen for next year. Never been there and i owe a return trip to UNH_Alum_in_CT.

BDKJMU
October 27th, 2009, 05:14 PM
JMU @ W&M by 1-2 TDs (24-3) xthumbsupx xbawlingx

Towson @ Northeastern: Towson by 1-2 TDs (27-7) xoopsx

New Hampshire @ Hofstra: UNH by 1-2 TDs (18-10) xthumbsupx

Rhode Island @ Nova by 3-4 TDs (36-7) xthumbsupx

UMass @ Richmond by 1-2 TDs (34-12) xthumbsupx

Week 1: No picks
Week 2: 7-1 (wrong on Ball State/UNH)
Week 3: 7-2 (wrong on Maine/Albany & Towson/Coastal)
Week 4: 9-1 (wrong on Towson/Morgan State
Week 5: 4-2 (wrong on URI/Brown & JMU/HU)
Week 6: 2-4 (wrong on Nova/UNH, UR/JMU, Maine/HU, UMass/UD)
Week 7: 3-2 (wrong on JMU/Nova and UNH/UMass)
Week 8: 4-1