View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Eight

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 29-11 (5-3 SLC)
Total: 115-47 (38-25 SLC)

Sam Houston State @ Stephen F. Austin - At one point, this game was a rivalry. Take away a Ryan Rossner 50 yard field goal and SHSU has won eight straight. With it, the Kats are 8 of 9 against the Jacks. For whatever reason, the Bearkats have continued to hold the Battle of the Piney Woods trophy regardless of squad and when Reliant Stadium personnel asked for a picture of SFA with the trophy, the Jack administration remained quiet on the phone. They'll remain quiet. Records aside, the Kats rule this rivalry and while this may be a bit homer, let's just hope Blake Joseph is ready to go or this could get bad in favor of SFA! Please let it be - SAM HOUSTON STATE - or that is the end of 'homer' picks this year and I'll only favor the Kats over NWST!

Southeastern La. @ McNeese State - The Lions are 2-0 in the SLC. The Pokes are at home. One of the great wins since the Lions brought back football was a 51-17 stomping of McNeese in "The Hole" in 2004. I'd like to go with the underdog Lions, but just feel that if a non-Pendland unit can still put over 200 yards rushing against an SLC team without much problem and that Aston moved the ball well against SLU this past week, the Lions could get run over. McNEESE STATE

Nicholls @ Central Arkansas - A long trip to Arkansas for the Colonels. While Nicholls has broken their scoring slump, they still do not have a consistent enough offense to keep up with any team that is going to put 30+ points on the scoreboard. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Texas State - San Marcos @ Northwestern State - Two teams that are very similar. Prior to the season, many were led to believe that each of these teams were something special. As we enter the third week of the SLC season, there is nothing special to make of this game. The only thing special will be if the Demons win and if the Bobcats' defense does not allow it to get interesting in the second half. TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

McNeese75
October 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM
SFA - SHSU - I can hope for a Kat victory but based on what I have seen so far I doubt it will happen.

McNeese - SELU - I think this could be a really good game and hopefully home field will push the Pokes over the edge.

UCA - Nicholls - I just do not see the Colonels pulling this one out.

TSU - NWST - Cats have issues playing in Demonland and it will be Halloween but the Purple Swarm is just so far down I see a Cat win here.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM
30-10 coming in.

Sam Houston State @ Stephen F. Austin--SFA welcomes their hated rival over for homecoming. After years of not being able to beat the Bearkats, the Jacks put an absolute BEAT DOWN on the kitties. SFA 56 Sam Houston 21

Southeastern La. @ McNeese State--I think SELA's luck will run out, but barely. Cowboys escape with some late Lake Charles Magic. McNeese 31 SELA 30

Nicholls @ Central Arkansas--This one's going to be ugly mostly because UCA has something that resembles a defense and Nicholls, aside from the offensive explosion against Texas State, has shown little life. UCA 49 Nicholls 7

Texas State @ Northwestern State--Cats head to Louisiana for the second straight week but decides to leave the defense at home. JUST RUN THE DARN BALL! Texas State 42 Northwestern St. 28

Projected Standings After Week 3

SFA 3-0
UCA 2-1
McNeese 2-1
SELA 2-1
Texas State 2-1
Sam Houston 1-2
Nicholls St. 0-3
Northwestern St. 0-3

txst80
October 18th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Only my 2nd week participating, 3-1 last week and overall.

SFA over Sam (hope TT is right though)
Mcneese big over SELA
UCA big over Nicholls
Tx St by 10 over NW St.

BEAR
October 18th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Only my 2nd week participating, 3-1 last week and overall.

SFA over Sam (hope TT is right though)
Mcneese big over SELA
UCA big over Nicholls
Tx St by 10 over NW St.

I'll take those picks too!

katstrapper
October 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM
SHSU vs SFA... SFA wins this year. Kats have no secondary and the pass happy SFA offense scores early and often. QB position stll sucks for the Kats and Whitten has no passion.

McNeese vs SE La.. SE La gets another big road win. I have been of the opinion since the beginning of the season that the Lions were the sleeper pick in the conference. To me, McNeese has been unimpressive except for the win over Appy St.

Nicholls St vs UCA... UCA gets back to winning ways. This one could get ugly.

Tx State vs NW St.. Nw State.. NW St is horrible and desperate for a win. Peveto and the NW St program is probably giving back a lot of money for season tickets based on the "Peveto Promise". Tx State is a head scratcher. Who knows which team will show up.

NSUDemon98
October 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM
SHSU vs SFA... SFA wins this year. Kats have no secondary and the pass happy SFA offense scores early and often. QB position stll sucks for the Kats and Whitten has no passion.

McNeese vs SE La.. SE La gets another big road win. I have been of the opinion since the beginning of the season that the Lions were the sleeper pick in the conference. To me, McNeese has been unimpressive except for the win over Appy St.

Tx State vs NW St.. Nw State.. NW St is horrible and desperate for a win. Peveto and the NW St program is probably giving back a lot of money for season tickets based on the "Peveto Promise". Tx State is a head scratcher. Who knows which team will show up.

Only 2 people have asked for their money back...which was probably the only reason why they got season tickets anyway.

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM

QB position only stunk this past weekend because Joseph had no business on the field. You may have learned if you came on between last Sunday and this Sunday that he was injured going into the game and he actually was not decided on as the starter until a few minutes prior to kickoff.

Randolph stinks. Our redshirt freshmen are good, though we got another FBS QB on the horizon, so that's frustrating...I understood this year. Next year, we had no business getting one. xnonox

LIONFAN85
October 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Southeastern La. @ McNeese State--I think SELA's luck will run out, but barely. Cowboys escape with some late Lake Charles Magic. McNeese 31 SELA 30

Well I can't see how we were lucky when Texas State never turned the ball over in the 4th quarter. There was the blocked punt but that was well executed play. We stopped the Bobcats on defense when we had to. Its not luck when the Texas State defense can't anybody as we saw this week as Nicholls moved the ball nicely against you guys. Not saying we are gonna win this one but I feel like we are a good enough team to get some respect. Everybody said we were the worst in the conference in preseason and we are trying to prove them wrong. McNeese hasn't been that impressive in my mind. They are still a very good football team and it will be a heck of a game. I look forward to making the trip to Lake Charles and giving the Cowboys all they want. Last time I was there in 07 it wasn't fun but Coach Lucas has his guys ready and hopefully it is the beginning of a great rivalry between the two schools.

I like:

Lions
Bobcats
Bears
SFA

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 18th, 2009, 06:25 PM
well executed play?! dude, you and i both could do a drunk crawl and block a punt against our dumb punt formation! A missed XP, missed FG, blocked punt, and weird PI call in the endzone...all these in combination = luck with, of course, some degree of execution (or lack thereof of the Bobcats' part). You guys won, good teams create their own luck. I never said your team wasn't good--obviously I think you're pretty good if I think McNeese will require a late FG (i.e. Lake Charles Magic) to beat you at their own place (which has been a house of horrors for many teams).

I don't have an agenda against SELA. HELL, i've picked you guys the last 3 or 4 years to be darkhorses/win conference! So, don't read to much into my stuff dude. It's not that hard.

Prominentwon
October 18th, 2009, 06:59 PM
To me, McNeese has been unimpressive except for the win over Appy St..

Wow. What have you been watching other than the Henderson St. game?

In all honesty, I'm beginning to think the only team that can beat McNeese this year is McNeese the rest of the way out. I honestly think this offense is something special. The defense is stepping up and starting to hit people in the mouth. If we can win out, I really feel like we can make a good run in the playoffs. It's up to themselves to put the puzzle together.

BobcatTXST04
October 18th, 2009, 07:08 PM
TXST vs. NWST - Can we do the (near) impossible and win back to back road games? If NWST scores less than 21 points in the 4th quarter we can. Otherwise, it's a long drive back to SM. TXST 38 - NWST 34

MSU vs. SELA - Both teams need a win to have a chance of making the playoffs. Somehow, I think that SELA is really coming together as a team in the past couple of games, and is starting to show that they want to be a serious contender for the SLC title. MSU cannot afford to lose another game since 2 losses would almost certainly eliminate them from the playoffs. It's in Lake Charles this week, which makes me want to give MSU the edge. However, I have a feeling there is an upset brewing in this game, so I'm going to say that the Lions take advantage of McNesse mistakes and play a solid game of their own. It'll be a squeaker, but thankfully FCS football doesn't give out awards for style points. SELA 31 - MSU 28.

SFA vs. Sammy St. - SFA looks good this year. They do well taking advantage of mistakes that other teams make and keep theirs to a minimum. History may favor the kats who can't spell, but history also favored us against the Lions. SFA is the best FCS team in the state right now, and I don't see that changing this week. SFA 42 - Sammy St. 24

UCA vs. Nicols - Maybe NSU should have picked a different fictional character to be their mascot? I hear KFC is being really successful with Col. Sanders. I see UCA fixing their mistakes they made against SFA and taking out some frustration Street Fighter style on Col. Bison. UCA 48 - Nicols 7

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Wow. What have you been watching other than the Henderson St. game?

He has not watched much of anything, not even the Bearkats. Unfortunately, we have a growing sect of the 'Bearkat Nation' that have not followed much of their own team (except for interjecting remarks after games, win or lose) and the same group is most certainly not watching SLC football.

A member or two of the same group has dogged an SFA team that will be top 15 when the rankings come out this week...this isn't the last two, three years!

Prominentwon
October 18th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I'm actually glad that teams are looking past McNeese. For what reasons, I have no idea why.

McNeese is 2nd in the conference in total offense thanks to inflated stats from a 92-0 win against a school with zero scholarship players. 1st in rushing offense with probably the best offensive player in the conference. NOONE has stopped him this year. Except his own groin. SFA held him to 91 total yards with 2 LONG TD's called back by stupid penalties.

The defense has improved with each game they have played. Held SFA to a season low 270 yards. That loss was tough.

SE La. is allowing 32 ppg and giving up 169 yards of offense on the ground per game. McNeese leads the conference with 217 ypg. Because McNeese beats itself vs. Tulane and SFA two games in a row, they are all of the sudden vulnerable and unimpressive? What has SELA done besides come back against a team that's given up 40 ppg in the last 3 games in Texas St. and a Sam Houston team that is just not that great at all this year.

Please, someone give me a reason why people are picking SELA so easily to win this game.

I'm not sitting here trying to play the arrogant message board elitist, but I just cant find the reasoning behind any of this.

McNeese 41, SELA 24 xnonox

McNeese75
October 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
xlolx Lot of haters out there (or just lack of respect) but that is alright. Pokes have to take care of their own affairs one game at a time. I was concerned about the quick release and accuracy of SFA's QB and although they did win, Our defense did a good job on him and so I think they will be up to task against Babin, Joseph and George and whoever UCA brings in.

Prominentwon
October 18th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I hate saying this because I feel like I would jinx them and I never really enjoy failing to see my expectations come to fruition. But after watching them 6 games through, I honestly think the only team that can beat McNeese is McNeese. It's been proven in both their losses. BOTH games could have swung either way if it were not for them shooting themselves in the foot. We could be talking 6-0 right now.

If they can keep from having brain farts, I believe our offense is explosive enough to keep up with anyone in the country. Our defense isn't the Alabama defense, but they aren't swiss cheese either. There's not a team in this country that I don't think McNeese can't hang with and/or beat. NO ONE. Pendland went down last week, but after watching Babin and Murray, if they do miss a beat, it's not many. To be fair, I'd much rather Pendland in the game of course. xlolx

Let's win out and make a deep run in the playoffs. Before the App. St. game and Tulane game, I thought that was probably out of the realm of possibilities. After watching them for a few weeks, I no longer believe that.

I just hope they don't let me down with games like they had vs. Tulane and SFA. No more wiggle room.

lionsrking2
October 19th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I'm actually glad that teams are looking past McNeese. For what reasons, I have no idea why.

McNeese is 2nd in the conference in total offense thanks to inflated stats from a 92-0 win against a school with zero scholarship players. 1st in rushing offense with probably the best offensive player in the conference. NOONE has stopped him this year. Except his own groin. SFA held him to 91 total yards with 2 LONG TD's called back by stupid penalties.

The defense has improved with each game they have played. Held SFA to a season low 270 yards. That loss was tough.

SE La. is allowing 32 ppg and giving up 169 yards of offense on the ground per game. McNeese leads the conference with 217 ypg. Because McNeese beats itself vs. Tulane and SFA two games in a row, they are all of the sudden vulnerable and unimpressive? What has SELA done besides come back against a team that's given up 40 ppg in the last 3 games in Texas St. and a Sam Houston team that is just not that great at all this year.

Please, someone give me a reason why people are picking SELA so easily to win this game.

I'm not sitting here trying to play the arrogant message board elitist, but I just cant find the reasoning behind any of this.

McNeese 41, SELA 24 xnonox

Sounds to me like we should go ahead and forfeit now so you guys won't have to worry about getting anyone hurt for your National Championship run. That would be the noble thing for us to do since we have no shot anyway. Hopefully we can get a first down and hold you guys under 70.

Prominentwon
October 19th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Sounds to me like we should go ahead and forfeit now so you guys won't have to worry about getting anyone hurt for your National Championship run. That would be the noble thing for us to do since we have no shot anyway. Hopefully we can get a first down and hold you guys under 70.

Yeah, because that's what I was getting at in my posts. Hell, I don't understand why we can't play in the SEC. xrolleyesx

Point is, I'm throwing out my opinion and WHY I think McNeese is going to beat SLU. Don't start posting that "McNeese just doesn't impress me." when you really have no knowledge whatsoever about that team. Since SLU is winning, I guess it's the cool thing to do because SLU's recent comeback win over Texas St. A team that even their own fans say that a flag football team could score on.

But we'll see. I won't say anymore because alot of you will take it the wrong way and label me as a smack talker and I'm not talking "smack."

msusig
October 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Bottom line are that the only reason McNeese has lost its games is because of penalties, special teams (absolutely horrible kicking game), and fumbles. The three things that will kill any good teams chances of winning. If they can correct those three things, McNeese will win out and get an at-large bid. If not, we aren't going any where.

DG Cowboy
October 19th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I go back to Stanley Galloway and Les DeVall in the old Gulf States Conference and the Lions and Cowboys always tied up in some donnybrooks. Usually the home team protected their field in a low -scoring game. SLU went into other conferences before dropping the sport, and gets really fired up for the Cowboys in proving themselves since their return to football.

With our PAT woes, I see 23-20 McNeese with their backs to the wall to win out.

lionsrking2
October 19th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah, because that's what I was getting at in my posts. Hell, I don't understand why we can't play in the SEC. xrolleyesx

Point is, I'm throwing out my opinion and WHY I think McNeese is going to beat SLU. Don't start posting that "McNeese just doesn't impress me." when you really have no knowledge whatsoever about that team. Since SLU is winning, I guess it's the cool thing to do because SLU's recent comeback win over Texas St. A team that even their own fans say that a flag football team could score on.

But we'll see. I won't say anymore because alot of you will take it the wrong way and label me as a smack talker and I'm not talking "smack."

Again, like I said, we might as well forfeit.

RabidRabbit
October 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
TXST vs. NWST - Can we do the (near) impossible and win back to back road games? If NWST scores less than 21 points in the 4th quarter we can. Otherwise, it's a long drive back to SM. TXST 38 - NWST 34

MSU vs. SELA - Both teams need a win to have a chance of making the playoffs. Somehow, I think that SELA is really coming together as a team in the past couple of games, and is starting to show that they want to be a serious contender for the SLC title. MSU cannot afford to lose another game since 2 losses would almost certainly eliminate them from the playoffs. It's in Lake Charles this week, which makes me want to give MSU the edge. However, I have a feeling there is an upset brewing in this game, so I'm going to say that the Lions take advantage of McNesse mistakes and play a solid game of their own. It'll be a squeaker, but thankfully FCS football doesn't give out awards for style points. SELA 31 - MSU 28.

SFA vs. Sammy St. - SFA looks good this year. They do well taking advantage of mistakes that other teams make and keep theirs to a minimum. History may favor the kats who can't spell, but history also favored us against the Lions. SFA is the best FCS team in the state right now, and I don't see that changing this week. SFA 42 - Sammy St. 24

UCA vs. Nicols - Maybe NSU should have picked a different fictional character to be their mascot? I hear KFC is being really successful with Col. Sanders. I see UCA fixing their mistakes they made against SFA and taking out some frustration Street Fighter style on Col. Bison. UCA 48 - Nicols 7

As an interested observer, who is catching a fair # of SLC games, IMHO TXST04 has done a good job of capturing the likely outcomes. On the McNeese/SE LA game, having watched both in action - McNeese is going to have to PLAY defense, a distinctly missing element in the Tulane game. SE LA has a LOT of good offense players, and they will run, sweep, short and long pass you. They also showed a strong D against SHSU. SE LA obtained a key road win in San Marcos, and unless McNeese shows more defensive spine than the have outside of App St. win, SE LA has a great chance here. It's a shame that SE LA took themselve out of the opportunity for an at-large play-off berth by scheduling two non-D-I, plus the FBS game. They only had 9 D-I games, and they've already lost the 2 (Ole Miss and socked in mouth by South Dakota), so can't lose ANY to get to 7 D-I wins. Only way to do that, is to be undefeated in SLC play.

SFA - I was laughed at when I projected SFA as the AQ out of the Southland back pre-season. With wins over the two projected pre-season picks, SFA has the inside track to the AQ. Sam showed no reason, vs SE LA, to why SFA won't run circles on them.

Tx St vs Nw ST, not a clue.

Nichols @ UCA - UCA should win this readily.

LIONFAN85
October 19th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Well last I checked penalties, fumbles, and kicking are all part of the game. If McNeese can do those things nobody in the world can stop them it sounds like. It should be a good team Saturday.

And Flag Football, come on in your mind I bet most Lake Charles Junior Highs would give us a close game. Thats just the way we like it.

lionsrking2
October 19th, 2009, 03:11 PM
As an interested observer, who is catching a fair # of SLC games, IMHO TXST04 has done a good job of capturing the likely outcomes. On the McNeese/SE LA game, having watched both in action - McNeese is going to have to PLAY defense, a distinctly missing element in the Tulane game. SE LA has a LOT of good offense players, and they will run, sweep, short and long pass you. They also showed a strong D against SHSU. SE LA obtained a key road win in San Marcos, and unless McNeese shows more defensive spine than the have outside of App St. win, SE LA has a great chance here. It's a shame that SE LA took themselve out of the opportunity for an at-large play-off berth by scheduling two non-D-I, plus the FBS game. They only had 9 D-I games, and they've already lost the 2 (Ole Miss and socked in mouth by South Dakota), so can't lose ANY to get to 7 D-I wins. Only way to do that, is to be undefeated in SLC play.

SFA - I was laughed at when I projected SFA as the AQ out of the Southland back pre-season. With wins over the two projected pre-season picks, SFA has the inside track to the AQ. Sam showed no reason, vs SE LA, to why SFA won't run circles on them.

Rabbit, it was great seeing you on Saturday and glad you enjoyed the game...maybe you could cut one of your furry feet off and send it to us for this coming weekend...sounds like we'll need all the luck we can get. xeekx

msusig
October 19th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Again, like I said, we might as well forfeit.

Don't even tell me you are serious? So how fast are you going to be back on here if SELA pulls off the upset? Why don't you start making this fun and start telling us how great SELA has been the past two games. We all can see that your two losses were to Ole Miss and South Dakota, who has lost 2 in OT and one to Northern Iowa at the beginning of the season.

Did you make it to The Grove at Ole Miss? Best college tailgating period. I'm going for the Ole Miss vs. LSU game. Too bad I'm going to miss the "Red Beans and Rice Bowl" for the "Magnolia Bowl".

McNeese75
October 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM

Just as long as you don't show up at the game we have a chance. Our history with you in the stands has been anything but stellar xlolx (by the way, the defense at SFA and last week at NWSU were considerably better than what you saw)

lionsrking2
October 19th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Don't even tell me you are serious? So how fast are you going to be back on here if SELA pulls off the upset? Why don't you start making this fun and start telling us how great SELA has been the past two games. We all can see that your two losses were to Ole Miss and South Dakota, who has lost 2 in OT and one to Northern Iowa at the beginning of the season.

Did you make it to The Grove at Ole Miss? Best college tailgating period. I'm going for the Ole Miss vs. LSU game. Too bad I'm going to miss the "Red Beans and Rice Bowl" for the "Magnolia Bowl".

I've been to "The Grove" several times over the years and it never disappoints. I'm on the Ole Miss campus anywhere from 10-15 times per year and it's my favorite campus that I visit each year.

As for being serious...why not? You guys know you'll have the walk-ons in by the fourth quarter. I just hope we can line up correctly on the opening kickoff.xeekxxeekxxrotatehxxrotatehx

Prominentwon
October 19th, 2009, 09:37 PM
(by the way, the defense at SFA and last week at NWSU were considerably better than what you saw)

Indeed. Hence me being more and more confident about our team.

McNeese75
October 19th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I've been to "The Grove" several times over the years and it never disappoints. I'm on the Ole Miss campus anywhere from 10-15 times per year and it's my favorite campus that I visit each year.

As for being serious...why not? You guys know you'll have the walk-ons in by the fourth quarter. I just hope we can line up correctly on the opening kickoff.xeekxxeekxxrotatehxxrotatehx

xlolx You gotta work on that sandbagging thing LK2

lionsrking2
October 19th, 2009, 10:26 PM
xlolx You gotta work on that sandbagging thing LK2

Who me? You haven't seen our kick coverage and return teams the last couple of weeks!!xsmhxxsmhx

lionsrking2
October 20th, 2009, 03:13 AM
It's a shame that SE LA took themselve out of the opportunity for an at-large play-off berth by scheduling two non-D-I, plus the FBS game. They only had 9 D-I games, and they've already lost the 2 (Ole Miss and socked in mouth by South Dakota), so can't lose ANY to get to 7 D-I wins. Only way to do that, is to be undefeated in SLC play.

RR - we originally had Alcorn State on the schedule as a return game from last year, but they bailed on us at the last minute...the only game we could find for that second weekend was NAIA, Union College. I believe North Dakota approached our AD (no longer here) about coming up there, since last year's game was a one game deal, but it would have meant a second plane trip and we would have lost a home game which we needed for budget purposes.

TexasTerror
October 20th, 2009, 07:20 AM
RR - we originally had Alcorn State on the schedule as a return game from last year, but they bailed on us at the last minute...the only game we could find for that second weekend was NAIA, Union College. I believe North Dakota approached our AD (no longer here) about coming up there, since last year's game was a one game deal, but it would have meant a second plane trip and we would have lost a home game which we needed for budget purposes.

Yep - one of several SWAC teams who bailed. Prairie View did it to Sam Houston State. We need those SWAC teams, since it is not a financial burden with a bus trip, but they continue to hurt our scheduling and in turn, we'll just have to ignore them if any better options come about. It's a shame...

GeauxLions94
October 20th, 2009, 06:59 PM
2009 Record: 29-11 (5-3 SLC)
Last Week: 3-1

Sam Houston State @ Stephen F. Austin - The Battle of the Piney Woods has been dominated by the folks in orange for a while. SLC co-leader SFA has gotten the respect it's been looking for all season after wins over McNeese State and on the road at Central Arkansas. But the Jacks would probably be happy with a 1-10 season if SHSU was their only win. This one has the chance to be interesting, but look for the Jacks to break the streak and remain unbeaten in the SLC. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Southeastern La. @ McNeese State - The league's other co-leader is in action as Southeastern travels to The Hole to face No. 11/12 McNeese State. Just like SFA, the Lions look to prove that they too belong in the SLC title chase. This game will be interesting for a while, but look for the Derrick Fourroux-led Pokes to pull away at the end. MCNEESE STATE

Nicholls @ Central Arkansas - Central Arkansas doesn't lose at home often and will look to avenge last year's loss in Thibodaux. Colonels should keep it close for a while, but too much UCA will lead to a Bear win. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Texas State @ Northwestern State - After a loss at home, Texas State evened its record with a six-point win down on the bayou. Another trip to the Pelican State will help Texas State get back in the SLC race. TEXAS STATE

txst80
October 20th, 2009, 08:18 PM
For anybody interested:

Karrington Bush is out for the year for Texas State, there is a chance his injury may be career-ending also, but let's hope not.

Torn ACL, MCL, and LCL is what we are hearing. I think there are 4 major ligaments in the knee and he managed to tear 3 of them...

McNeese75
October 20th, 2009, 08:53 PM
For anybody interested:

Karrington Bush is out for the year for Texas State, there is a chance his injury may be career-ending also, but let's hope not.

Torn ACL, MCL, and LCL is what we are hearing. I think there are 4 major ligaments in the knee and he managed to tear 3 of them...

xsmhx That really sucks, you hate to see such a talent go down for a year much less end his college career.

lionsrking2
October 20th, 2009, 10:17 PM
For anybody interested:

Hate to hear that for any young player, but especially someone as talented as Bush...you could tell he wasn't quite 100% against us but he still ran hard and well that day...wish him well and hope he can recover!!!

GeauxLions94
October 21st, 2009, 09:23 AM
For anybody interested:

That's sad to hear. While Texas State is one of my least favorite schools (who wouldn't like them when you were 0-12 against TXST prior to this year), I had a lot of respect for KB.

Hope that he's able to come back in 2010. Would love to see him playing next year when the Cats come to Strawberry Stadium.

buckp
October 21st, 2009, 10:00 AM
SFA vs. SHSU = Lumberjacks are cutting real wood this year! xeekx

MSU vs. SELU = Cowboys are playing their 'A Team' this week again (please!?!). Pendland is questionable to play, but Babin will fill in nicely! xthumbsupx

UCA vs. NSU = Bears are still hungry....xnodx

TSU vs. NWST = Demons have lost QB Hundley for the year and the Bobcats have lost Bush. I still will take the Bobcats. xrotatehx

txst80
October 21st, 2009, 10:33 PM
It sounds like Bush will be ready to go in 2010.

Prominentwon
October 22nd, 2009, 01:32 PM
What class is he? Jr this year, no?

That's good to hear. Hate to hear that an opposing team has such a weapon, but I would never wish an injury like that on someone.

Deron Minor (Sr. starting LB) will miss the rest of the season for us too. He'll be applying for a med. reshirt.

txst80
October 22nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
What class is he? Jr this year, no?

That's good to hear. Hate to hear that an opposing team has such a weapon, but I would never wish an injury like that on someone.

Deron Minor (Sr. starting LB) will miss the rest of the season for us too. He'll be applying for a med. reshirt.

Bush is a junior. He too will be applying for a medical redshirt.

lionsrking2
October 22nd, 2009, 04:18 PM
Bush is a junior. He too will be applying for a medical redshirt.

The only way he can receive one is if the injury costs him the 2010 season. Too late to take one for 2009...he played in more than two games and played in a game past the midpoint.

TexasTerror
October 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
A 3-1 week - again Blake Joseph messing things up with a no-show.

TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 32-12 (8-4 SLC)
Total: 118-48 (41-26 SLC)

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 24th, 2009, 09:52 PM
4-0 WEEK!

Even called the one point McNeese win, UCA's manhandling of Nicholls, and the SFA smashing of the pumpkinkats!

34-10 for the year.

McNeese75
October 24th, 2009, 10:40 PM
4-0 this week thanks to a fortunate win by the Cowboys xcoolx

crossfire07
October 25th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Southeast came and played a great game.

GeauxLions94
October 25th, 2009, 03:32 AM
4-0 this week thanks to a fortunate win by the Cowboys xcoolx

I went 4-0 as well, but would have settled for a 3-1 record if not for the Fourroux drive at the end. xnodx

lionsrking2
October 25th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I went 4-0 as well, but would have settled for a 3-1 record if not for the Fourroux drive at the end. xnodx

Could have done without the "horse collar" call at the end too.

BEAR
October 25th, 2009, 07:38 AM
The Bears led at half and put the brakes on with second team efforts in the second half. I predicted 21 point margin only because of difference in defenses and the fact that the players were beyond pixxed they lost last week...and it showed on the field! Good luck colonels the rest of the season. It looks like SFA, pending an upset, will probably be the SLC champs.

McNeese75
October 25th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Could have done without the "horse collar" call at the end too.

They (officials) made up for it by the call against McNeese a few mintues later but I did not feel either call was warranted (althought the call against the Lions was certainly more damaging to the game outcome). The horse collar infraction that is being called this year does not seem to be what the rule was all about. Both calls were for jersey take downs (no pads) and neither ball carriers were driven into the ground. JMO

katstrapper
October 26th, 2009, 07:01 AM

Looks like I hit the nail on the head in this game. 42-3?xlolx Todd Whitten is not even a DII coach.

Uh..Kat faithful to Whitten "Dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya"