PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette up 28 - 3 over Harvard near end of 3Q!!

Fordham
October 17th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Go Pards!!!

Wow!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 17th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I think it's safe to say that as of right now Lafayette has been the best team in the PL. They've played one of the tougher schedules and keep producing results.

Dane96
October 17th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Yes, go Pards...but like everyone has said for a few years...the IVY's havent played a soul...and they are consistently ranked high in the human and computer polls.

They need to start playing people.

bulldog10jw
October 17th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, go Pards...but like everyone has said for a few years...the IVY's havent played a soul...and they are consistently ranked high in the human and computer polls.

They need to start playing people.

Why? To get ready for the playoffs?

Dane96
October 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
LOL...good pt.

Even though we will be in rebuilding mode next year, I cant wait to go down to New Haven for the Albany-Yale matchup.

SumItUp
October 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Go Lafayette!!

65 Pard
October 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Leopards win 35-18 to sweep Ivies 4-0....Crimson scores late on Hail Mary....Lafayette showing very diversified offense using a lot of different players to move the ball.

Holy Cross and Colgate will take note and be up for taking us down....it won't be easy.

Fordham
October 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
outstanding job, Pards. Really going to be tough next week in Easton for us.

At least O appears to be hitting on all cylinders right now. Whether our D can stop anything you guys throw up there, however, I'm not really sure. At least we got the job done today.

bulldog10jw
October 17th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I'm very surprised. Looks like Lafayette is the real deal. Congrats.

RichH2
October 17th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Congrats to Lafayette on a great game.

Pards Rule
October 17th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Pards win 35-18....Yes...Thx Liberty fans!!

spider92
October 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Congrats on the win! Way to go, Pards!

Pard94
October 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I was at Harvard Stadium today. I have to say...the score was 35-18 but it wasn't even that close. Our defense simply dismantled Harvard's offense. It's official...the Ivy league has nothing they can throw at Lafayette this year.

Incidentally, I though Columbia was a much stronger team than Harvard. Look out HC and Colgate that third wheel in Easton is gaining on you rather quickly now!!!xnodx

Pards Rule
October 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Great _ I'm 2-0 with my new Lafayette shirt wearing AT games (Yale) or watching today! This is a great win!! Thx Spider fans!

Sly Fox
October 17th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Wow! The Pards are proving to be our best opponent all season not located in Morgantown.

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Great win Leopards xthumbsupx

Fordham
October 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Pards win 35-18....Yes...Thx Liberty fans!!

xmadx

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I was at Harvard Stadium today. I have to say...the score was 35-18 but it wasn't even that close. Our defense simply dismantled Harvard's offense. It's official...the Ivy league has nothing they can throw at Lafayette this year.

Incidentally, I though Columbia was a much stronger team than Harvard. Look out HC and Colgate that third wheel in Easton is gaining on you rather quickly now!!!xnodx

Enjoy it while you can.xcoffeex What's it been? 10 years? Lehigh has been much tougher on us over the years. Even a blind Leopard finds a rotten springbok once in awhile.xwhistlex

My money is still on Holy Cross to win the PL.xthumbsupx

Libertine
October 17th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Wow. Bitter much?

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Wow. Bitter much?

Yes, Huckabee-face. What's it to ya?xmadx

:p

Pards Rule
October 17th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Go Pards!!!

Wow!

Damn! Missed you Fordham..Thanks for the props..Will see you guys next week in Easton!! I jumped to end of thread first..

Libertine
October 17th, 2009, 08:55 PM

I voted for Rudy, thank you. :)

Libertine
October 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM

I voted for Rudy, thank you. xsmiley_wix

Honestly, this is the best Lafayette team I've seen. I'm glad we played them when we did.

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I voted for Rudy, thank you. xsmiley_wix

Honestly, this is the best Lafayette team I've seen. I'm glad we played them when we did.

HERETIC!!xeekxxeekx

Libertine
October 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM
HERETIC!!xeekxxeekx

What's it to ya? xlolx

Pard94
October 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM

When do you guys lose to Columbia?xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM
When do you guys lose to Columbia?xthumbsupx

When you beat Holy Cross. Smart-ass.xlolx

Pard94
October 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
When you beat Holy Cross. Smart-ass.xlolx

That would be on November 14th then. Come on out to Worcester and watch. At this point you've got nothing better to watch...that's for sure.xnodx

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2009, 09:35 PM
That would be on November 14th then. Come on out to Worcester and watch. At this point you've got nothing better to watch...that's for sure.xnodx

Oh, bite me. :p That's the day we beat Penn. HC will take you down like a Sumo wrestler on quaaludes.xcoolx

Pard94
October 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Oh, bite me. :p That's the day we beat Penn. HC will take you down like a Sumo wrestler on quaaludes.xcoolx

Ahhh...eliciting a "bite me" type response from an Ivy Leaguer warms me to the cockles of my heart. Good luck with Penn...we've been there and done that. As for HC...they squeaked by you guys so I expect at least a slightly better performance by them than Harvard. We may only win by 2 scores against HC.

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Ahhh...eliciting a "bite me" type response from an Ivy Leaguer warms me to the cockles of my heart. Good luck with Penn...we've been there and done that. As for HC...they squeaked by you guys so I expect at least a slightly better performance by them than Harvard. We may only win by 2 scores against HC.

Sorry, 94. I have sinned. Mod66 just nailed me for my unseemly outbursts, so I'll try to behave myself hereafter. :o

But HC will still take LC to the woodshed!:p

Harvard Worship
October 18th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Wow, in 4 years on this board I've rarely seen Ivytalk so feisty.

The broadcast guys said it was Harvard's first home loss since 2006 and Lafayette's first victory over Harvard since something like 1996. So I think it's a pretty impressive accomplishment to add to what's looking like a great season for the Leopards. Congrats are well-deserved. They made Harvard look pretty bad for 3 whole quarters and very few people have made Harvard look bad recently.

The bummer is I had my old Harvard roommate visiting me out west from NYC & we got up to listen to this thing. I'd make a joke about "too bad the team evidently didn't get up" but I think Lafayette should get most of the credit.

Pard94
October 18th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Sorry, 94. I have sinned. Mod66 just nailed me for my unseemly outbursts, so I'll try to behave myself hereafter. :o

But HC will still take LC to the woodshed!:p

Honestly Ivytalk...I can't believe you recieved a talking to by the Moderator. I certainly was not offended by anything you said. I was having fun. Anyway...HC may well beat us. They may not. There's only two things of which I am sure...there will not be a woodshed involved. I predict a close hard fought game. Secondly, no matter who wins the Ivy League...they won't be as good as either HC or Lafayette. So there!xthumbsupx

Pard94
October 18th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Wow, in 4 years on this board I've rarely seen Ivytalk so feisty.

The broadcast guys said it was Harvard's first home loss since 2006 and Lafayette's first victory over Harvard since something like 1996. So I think it's a pretty impressive accomplishment to add to what's looking like a great season for the Leopards. Congrats are well-deserved. They made Harvard look pretty bad for 3 whole quarters and very few people have made Harvard look bad recently.

The bummer is I had my old Harvard roommate visiting me out west from NYC & we got up to listen to this thing. I'd make a joke about "too bad the team evidently didn't get up" but I think Lafayette should get most of the credit.

Well said Worship (with a name like that I hope you are an alum of the Divinity School). Point of contention however...not that it means anything but when Harvard came out of their locker room they were plenty awake. Yelling, screaming, pointing at the visitors sideline, jumping all over each other. Conversely, when Lafayette came out of their locker room they almost struck me as flat in comparison. I remarked to my wife, "Hardvard would appear to have the emotional edge". My point is The Crimson was wide awake to receive their beating. ALL the credit goes to Lafayette,

Ivytalk
October 18th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Honestly Ivytalk...I can't believe you recieved a talking to by the Moderator. I certainly was not offended by anything you said. I was having fun. Anyway...HC may well beat us. They may not. There's only two things of which I am sure...there will not be a woodshed involved. I predict a close hard fought game. Secondly, no matter who wins the Ivy League...they won't be as good as either HC or Lafayette. So there!xthumbsupx

Pard94, it was a good old fashioned whuppin'.:o Lafayette beat us soundly in every phase of the game. I was just frustrated.xpeacex

Heck of a way to lose at home for the first time since the Yale game of 2006. Oh, well, we'll start over with the Tiger Cubs next week!xnodx

Pards Rule
October 18th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Thx Ivy..yeah I was shocked - I have never seen Ivy so unglued on here. But football has a way of doing that. At least we can now bond together over the Phils! And hating the Yanks! Go PHILS! Go PARDS!! Historical note: I watched my first live internet feed of a football game. After realizing my rookie mistake of not realizing DirectTV 640 was a well delayed tape of the game (yet Direct had THREE channels showing the fricking UConn-Louisville game!!WTF!) and not live, I had to scramble and purchased the feed. Quality was pretty good! I can't believe the attendnce was over 7000 - it looked as vacant as when I was at Yale Bowl but maybe people had already left by the time they panned the stands?

Pard94
October 18th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Thx Ivy..yeah I was shocked - I have never seen Ivy so unglued on here. But football has a way of doing that. At least we can now bond together over the Phils! And hating the Yanks! Go PHILS! Go PARDS!! Historical note: I watched my first live internet feed of a football game. After realizing my rookie mistake of not realizing DirectTV 640 was a well delayed tape of the game (yet Direct had THREE channels showing the fricking UConn-Louisville game!!WTF!) and not live, I had to scramble and purchased the feed. Quality was pretty good! I can't believe the attendnce was over 7000 - it looked as vacant as when I was at Yale Bowl but maybe people had already left by the time they panned the stands?

Again it was Head of the Charles day for Harvard. This is a HUGE party. I dare say just about all of the students were attending that event.

Pard4Life
October 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Geez, I still don't know how we dominated these guys. Maybe unleashing the off balance passing attack was the key to our success all along? That and truly superior D line penetration won us the game.

Franks Tanks
October 18th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Geez, I still don't know how we dominated these guys. Maybe unleashing the off balance passing attack was the key to our success all along? That and truly superior D line penetration won us the game.

Ian Dell had 3 sacks. That kid has been unblockable over the past few weeks and is playing as well as any Lafayette d-linemen I have ever seen. Poulson is darn good as well, but Dell is really taking over.

Ivytalk
October 18th, 2009, 12:29 PM

Best of luck the rest of the way, Pards! (In football, but not in those off-year elections!:D) What a difference a year makes. Lafayette is much better, and Harvard isn't as good. Oh, well, LA SUCKS!!xsmiley_wix

Pards Rule
October 18th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah I got the feed loaded up finally in the 2nd quarter and the first play I saw was Dude You Gotta Dell in your backfield! coming in untouched for a sack!

Pard4Life
October 19th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Ian Dell had 3 sacks. That kid has been unblockable over the past few weeks and is playing as well as any Lafayette d-linemen I have ever seen. Poulson is darn good as well, but Dell is really taking over.

Ditto. Dell is eating o-lines alive. Reminds me of Seymour vs the Eagles yesterday. If teams can't stop our penetration we are going to win more games. This is where defending quick strikes, screens will come into play. Princeton was able to keep it close vs Colgate by overwhelming their line.

Ivytalk
October 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Ditto. Dell is eating o-lines alive. Reminds me of Seymour vs the Eagles yesterday. If teams can't stop our penetration we are going to win more games. This is where defending quick strikes, screens will come into play. Princeton was able to keep it close vs Colgate by overwhelming their line.

That doesn't sound good for us next Saturday!:(

On the other hand, Brown handled P'ton with relative ease, and we edged Brown, so...