PDA

View Full Version : Cohen Assistants @ HOFSTRA

Lafalumni29
December 16th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Anyone know who Cohen's assistants will be @ Hofstra? From his press conference he says they will be an old fashioned running team that play's tough defense. Quite a change from the "old Hofstra".

DE92
December 16th, 2005, 01:45 PM
You know "an old fashioned running team" might just work in the pass happy A-10. The defenses in the A-10 are starting to be geared toward stopping the pass. If you can play smash mouth offense it might just work against some of these defenses.

Umass74
December 16th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Do you have a link on that press conference? Hofstra going to a running offense will be a sea change in the A10. For years, Hofstra did not even have a TE on their roster.

After years of all offense and no defense, I think Hoffy made some real strides on the defensive side of the ball this year. Adding a defensive-minded coach may continue that trend.

Will Hofstra start winning games 13-7? Guess if you live long enough, you see everything. :rotateh:

LacesOut
December 16th, 2005, 04:43 PM
You still gotta throw the ball though. Need balance on offense, especially in the A-10, IMO.

JoltinJoe
December 16th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I've heard Ed Foley, Mike Elko, and Andrew Cohen will be on the staff.

Uncle Buck
December 17th, 2005, 08:42 AM
I didn't get to hear the press conference but I will certainly miss the aerial attack if we go away from it. As for defense, we used to be decent back in the mid to late 90's before we went in the tank. This season we did get better and hopefully that will also continue to hold true. Pretty exciting to have a new coach on the sidelines for the first time in the last 15 years. I came in as a freshman with Gardi back in 90 and it will be odd not seeing him still there, but i am looking forward to new energy.

blukeys
December 17th, 2005, 08:50 AM
I didn't get to hear the press conference but I will certainly miss the aerial attack if we go away from it. As for defense, we used to be decent back in the mid to late 90's before we went in the tank. This season we did get better and hopefully that will also continue to hold true. Pretty exciting to have a new coach on the sidelines for the first time in the last 15 years. I came in as a freshman with Gardi back in 90 and it will be odd not seeing him still there, but i am looking forward to new energy.

One thing Cohen will bring is energy.