PDA

View Full Version : Mo State @ WIU

MSUfan2010
October 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Even after a tough home loss to SDSU last week, the season isn't an entire loss. We can still finish with a winning record. We can still finish with 7 wins and have our first winning record on the road for the first time since 1996. And we could even make a November game meaningful for the first time since 1990.

There is a lot of football to be played and crazy things happen more than once. Hopefully we can get some bounces to go our way.

Now is a good time to see how this team comes back from a tough loss with a road game against a traditionally touch opponent that is having a very down year.

As always, win the line game and stop the run will be keys to who wins. Although, our run defense has been a lot better this year, it has been our passing defense that has killed us.

Thoughts?

Can Missouri State finally prove, for this year at least, that it has made the climb from the celler to middle of the pack? Or will they flame out and be stuck with the likes of Ind State and Ill State?

Thumper 76
October 15th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I think MSU tears WIU apart, after seeing WIU lose to YSU, whom I dont think is very good this year. MSU is definately upper middle of the pack this year, if they keep playing well.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I picked MSU for this game. Some of it has to do with whether or not Barr is playing. I think this game could be pretty close if Barr is in the lineup, but without him the Bears should roll all over a pretty hapless Western Illinois team.

Someone with insight please let me know if Barr is playing. I know he didn't last week. And if someone could tell me what happened to him.

MSUfan2010
October 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I picked MSU for this game. Some of it has to do with whether or not Barr is playing. I think this game could be pretty close if Barr is in the lineup, but without him the Bears should roll all over a pretty hapless Western Illinois team.

Someone with insight please let me know if Barr is playing. I know he didn't last week. And if someone could tell me what happened to him.

Pretty sure Barr is out for the year and their Fr(RS) is their back up

MSUBear42
October 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah, Barr is out for the year.

What scares me the most is that, in the past, this is a game where the bears would just bend over and spread their cheeks for anyone they were playing.

Any time we would have a disappointing loss, we'd then proceed to lose 2 or 3 in a row. But, I think this years team is different. We've had one helluva hard schedule so far in the MVFC. vs UNI, @YSU (Who is down, but we'd NEVER beat them at their place before), and vs SDSU. I haven't seen our strength of schedule, but it's got to be up there.

leatherneck177
October 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Yes, Barr is out for the year with a bone chip in one of his fingers on his throwing hand. Pretty disappointing, however I'm not sure he was the answer anyway.

The Neck offense has not been balanced for several years, even during the Donaldson years, if we got done by 10 or more, we were done.

I'm hoping that Lunt (RS-F) at QB will help bring a more consistent passing attack.

I can only hope that we play our younger players and gain more experience. For the most part, this is a young team.

It appears as though the MSU football team is reenergized and is off to a great start. This series has always been odd, with both teams playing up or down to each other's "competition" level. I see if being an even battle with the Necks coming out for their first conference victory of the year.

WIU 28
MSU 20

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Thank you. Yeah I was never impressed with Barr personally, but he seemed like one the few bright spots this year. I think this is going to be a close game, but I think the Missouri State D will be too tough for the Necks to handle. The wildcard could be this young QB for the Necks. The youngsters always seem to struggle for a game or two, but seem to hit a stride in their second or third game if they are indeed a pretty good player.

leatherneck177
October 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Thank you. Yeah I was never impressed with Barr personally, but he seemed like one the few bright spots this year. I think this is going to be a close game, but I think the Missouri State D will be too tough for the Necks to handle. The wildcard could be this young QB for the Necks. The youngsters always seem to struggle for a game or two, but seem to hit a stride in their second or third game if they are indeed a pretty good player.

Let's hope that Wil Lunt is a pretty good player. He is the all time leading passer in IHSA history, however it was at a low level of competition and he was in a passing system.

With that being said, he at least has the ability to pass. The question will be whether or not he can make the reads quick enough and start throwing the ball down the field. I don't think we have thrown the ball more than 30 yards out consistently since Russ Michna.

Redbird Ray
October 16th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Western is not good this year, MO State will win this one easily. xcoffeex

MSUBear42
October 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
WTF MSU!

WIU 16
MSU 0

MSU gives up a safety and an 80+ yard fumble return for a TD.

MSUBear42
October 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM
MSU 7
WIU 16
End of the 3rd

MSU's QB, Kirby, has a disgusting -60 yards rushing.

MSUBear42
October 17th, 2009, 05:40 PM
FIELD GOAL BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEARS UP 17-16 with :29 left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSUBear42
October 17th, 2009, 05:43 PM
WIU at their own 38 with :07 left.

MSUBear42
October 17th, 2009, 05:44 PM
BEARS WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

bearsfan5
October 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM
It is nice to be on the right side of this type of ending for once.

Another great showing by the Bears defense!

MSUBear42
October 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Bears give up just 4 1st downs in the 2nd half.

Gil Dobie
October 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Nice win MSU xthumbsupx

MSUBear42
October 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Nice win MSU xthumbsupx

Barely... scary trailing 16-0, nice to come back and win for once.