PDA

View Full Version : CSN Inside the OVC: Surprises Abound in the OVC

CSN-info
October 13th, 2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/INSIDETHEOVC.JPG

CSN Inside the OVC: Surprises Abound in the OVC
By James D. Horne, CSN Inside the OVC Columnist

Nothing is ever settled in the OVC and once you think it is, surprises happen.

But it’s not fair to call Tennessee State’s 20-17 victory over now GPI#41 Eastern Kentucky a surprise – or even an upset – because it’s the second straight year the Tigers have dispatched the Colonels.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/10/13/csn-inside-the-ovc-surprises-abound-in-t?blog=5)

TTUEagles
October 13th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I haven't been this excited about a TECH game in a while. I would dearly love a win in Charleston for the Golden Eagles. If they don't turn the ball over, they'l have a good chance!
GO TECH!

Bam
October 14th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Win or loose I will be in the zone for the EKU HC game vs. UTM. Also Go Racers!

TTUEagles
October 14th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I think it this may be a weekend to see how good/overrated/bad some OVC teams really are...1) Is TTU really an up and comer? Or, is UT-Martin sliding back/were they overrated this year?
2) Was TSU over EKU sort of a fluke? Wasn't Murray St. supposed to make a move up the conference ladder this year? If TSU is the legit conference leader right now, what happened in their "Classic" game loses? And, if so, they should drill Murray Saturday...
3) Is EKU simply having a bad stretch of offense right now? Or, is Indiana U really THAT bad?
4) How good is EIU really? They lost to EKU earlier, can TTU hang around and seriously be brought up in the conference race (personally, I'm not holding my breath, but, not really sure how good EIU really is)...?

Buzzcut
October 14th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Win or loose I will be in the zone for the EKU HC game vs. UTM. Also Go Racers!

Umm...I know why you are saying this, but I'm going to pretend you didn't. :D

Bam
October 14th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Umm...I know why you are saying this, but I'm going to pretend you didn't. :D

Trust me, it really hurt. In my 35 yrs. on earth that is the first time I ever said or thought something that crazy.

Buzzcut
October 14th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Trust me, it really hurt. In my 35 yrs. on earth that is the first time I ever said or thought something that crazy.

You're a better man than I to be sure. While generally a hardcore OVC supporter, I had to put the Racers on the black list years ago. They can't seem to win a game, so they just play dirty.

jaxstatealum
October 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
4) How good is EIU really? They lost to EKU earlier, can TTU hang around and seriously be brought up in the conference race (personally, I'm not holding my breath, but, not really sure how good EIU really is)...?

We will help you understand that on the 24th xsmiley_wix

Bam
October 14th, 2009, 01:23 PM
We will help you understand that on the 24th xsmiley_wix

WE! You better get your pads ready?:p

jaxstatealum
October 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
WE! You better get your pads ready?:p

Okay, okay Bam.... we as a figure of speech xlolx I think you got the point xthumbsupx

TTUEagles
October 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
TTU @ EIU - 1:30 PM
TTU's leading receiver and probably top offensive weapon, Tim Benford (WR) suspended for the game for violating team rules. Idiot.
Not good. Damn
EIU 3 TTU 0 after a 2nd play fumble by TTU