PDA

View Full Version : SIU at UNI

Chi Panther
October 13th, 2009, 11:21 AM
word is the game is SOLD OUT!!!

Good job Panther Fans!!!xthumbsupx

Redbird Ray
October 13th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I would hope so. Damn shame that nobody has picked up the game on TV. ESPNU should seriously show this game.

UNIFanSince1983
October 13th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I hope they sold more standing room only tickets than in 2007 now that there is technically more standing room.

But actually if you check on the website you can still purchase tickets so I don't know who is calling it a sellout right now.

Should be another great game between these two teams. Karim is looking like he will be tough to stop. I am guessing this game turns into a shootout. Man I can't wait until Saturday!!

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Not familiar with Karim's running style. Is he a scat back, power runner, something else in between? Is he making his own yards after contact, or is the success driven primarily by an oline mauling the opposing defense?

Any other offensive weapons that we should be watching out for this weekend?

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Not familiar with Karim's running style. Is he a scat back, power runner, something else in between? Is he making his own yards after contact, or is the success driven primarily by an oline mauling the opposing defense?

Any other offensive weapons that we should be watching out for this weekend?

Karim is a burner who can break tackles. His o-line is playing well and giving him room, but he is making lots of his own yards with 4.46 speed (205 lbs.). I think he'll be an entirely different look than Paschall, who gained 150 on us but only had a long of 14 yds. Right now I'd say he reminds me most of Muhammad Abdul-Qadir as far as having that extra gear. The other guy your safeties will need to worry about if Karim is getting yards is Marc Cheatum a 6'4" WR with some wheels who can leap.

Chi Panther
October 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Karim is a burner who can break tackles. His o-line is playing well and giving him room, but he is making lots of his own yards with 4.46 speed (205 lbs.). I think he'll be an entirely different look than Paschall, who gained 150 on us but only had a long of 14 yds. Right now I'd say he reminds me most of Muhammad Abdul-Qadir as far as having that extra gear. The other guy your safeties will need to worry about if Karim is getting yards is Marc Cheatum a 6'4" WR with some wheels who can leap.

Luckily our DBs go 5-9, 6-1, 6-4, 6-5.....

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Luckily our DBs go 5-9, 6-1, 6-4, 6-5.....

If you can stop our run with your front seven you could win. If we throw when we want and not when we have to we could win.

I think SIU needs to go right after your secondary. Both teams should rush for 100+ based on their performance against NDSU.

joecooll6
October 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I've heard they are no longer selling tickets right now but it isnt a sellout. Theyre going to release more tickets Thursday. I dont know why. It isnt students because students get in with their IDs.

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Right now I'd say he reminds me most of Muhammad Abdul-Qadir as far as having that extra gear.

Okay, I know I don't spend 20 hours a week watching football, but I can use google - you are not talking about the Pakistani soccer player - are you?

Help a brother out.

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Okay, I know I don't spend 20 hours a week watching football, but I can use google - you are not talking about the Pakistani soccer player - are you?

Help a brother out.

Ex-Saluki RB when Kill was coaching. He played I think two or three years before Brandon Jacobs, I think he lead the league his junior year.

Chi Panther
October 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Ex-Saluki RB when Kill was coaching. He played I think two or three years before Brandon Jacobs, I think he lead the league his junior year.

Wasn't he on the ESPN 360 show...whatever they call it...xconfusedx

siuham
October 14th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Wasn't he on the ESPN 360 show...whatever they call it...xconfusedx

Yeah, something to do with racism concerning him getting shots after college because of his name. I think it had something to do with his brother too.

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Go Dawgs xthumbsupx

Saluki_man
October 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Lets see:

Offence for both teams - very powerful, can put up big numbers very quickly
Defence for both teams - very good
Games the last several years have come down to the end of the game

Should we expect anything but another classic in the dome? I smell a big special teams play at the end of the game deciding this.

SO ILLmatic
October 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Would the UNI players, coaches, and fans be willing to trade a Saluki win this year at the UNI Dome for a Panther win at the new, yet to be determined SIU stadium next year???

Just asking because I have a feeling that whoever wins this game will have their wheels in motion for the a very special season.

After these next two years we can go back to the unwritten law of the home team always winning.

NDSUFREAK
October 14th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Go SIU. After the NDSU game I have no respect for a good chunk of the UNI players...especially Pat Grace and the defensive player who rode pat paschall into the railing at the Fargodome and didnt get suspended for a game for starting the fight.

Oh, and plus I didn't think UNI was anything special. South Illinois led by the superior coaching of Dale Lennon will win.

Houndawg
October 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Go SIU. After the NDSU game I have no respect for a good chunk of the UNI players...especially Pat Grace and the defensive player who rode pat paschall into the railing at the Fargodome and didnt get suspended for a game for starting the fight.

Oh, and plus I didn't think UNI was anything special. South Illinois led by the superior coaching of Dale Lennon will win.

Nobody likes those thugs.xsmhxxsmhxxsmhxxsmhx

Houndawg
October 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Would the UNI players, coaches, and fans be willing to trade a Saluki win this year at the UNI Dome for a Panther win at the new, yet to be determined SIU stadium next year???

Just asking because I have a feeling that whoever wins this game will have their wheels in motion for the a very special season.

After these next two years we can go back to the unwritten law of the home team always winning.

I think there is a very good chance we play twice this yearxnodx.

4N6
October 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM

To: NDSU fans ... the Bison lost. Get over it.

To all the Southern Illinois fans ... we'll see a good game for sure on Saturday. Pardon me driving through your territory tomorrow - enroute Iowa - for the big game on Saturday. I'll be sporting a purple and gold UNI flag out my window. (Just as you would a Saluki flag in NE Iowa if the opportunity was there!) Let's keep up the good rivalry.

achrist70
October 14th, 2009, 08:00 PM

What did Pat Grace do besides tear your pass defense apart, and Sure Fort did not need to ride him into side line that far. Paschall is the one who threw the punch (sort of).

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM

To UNI fans, Pink won, get over it. xlolx

Chi Panther
October 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Maybe I can start a NDSU thread and a bunch of UNI fans can jump in talk about UNI's upcoming game....xbawlingxxlolxxeekx

ValleyChamp
October 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Maybe I can start a NDSU thread and a bunch of UNI fans can jump in talk about UNI's upcoming game....xbawlingxxlolxxeekx

No kidding. Its almost thursday people. Time to leave us alone.

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Check the Dakota Marker Thread where that already happened. xrulesx

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
No kidding. Its almost thursday people. Time to leave us alone.

Go Dawgs xthumbsupx

MSUBear42
October 14th, 2009, 08:43 PM
To UNI fans, Pink won, get over it. xlolx

One-and-what? xlolx

Houndawg
October 14th, 2009, 09:02 PM

To all the Southern Illinois fans ... we'll see a good game for sure on Saturday. Pardon me driving through your territory tomorrow - enroute Iowa - for the big game on Saturday. I'll be sporting a purple and gold UNI flag out my window. (Just as you would a Saluki flag in NE Iowa if the opportunity was there!) Let's keep up the good rivalry.

What time are you coming through? Stop and say hi.

NDSUFREAK
October 14th, 2009, 10:19 PM
What did Pat Grace do besides tear your pass defense apart, and Sure Fort did not need to ride him into side line that far. Paschall is the one who threw the punch (sort of).

acting like a total tool caught by fox sports net giving lip to the fans, who im sure were heckling him, and talking back to those fans. and the FSN camera followed him all the way down the sideline as he continued to do it.

but anyway, i sure hope i can watch a good football game like this on saturday. will fox college sports pick it up?

achrist70
October 14th, 2009, 11:11 PM
acting like a total tool caught by fox sports net giving lip to the fans, who im sure were heckling him, and talking back to those fans. and the FSN camera followed him all the way down the sideline as he continued to do it.

but anyway, i sure hope i can watch a good football game like this on saturday. will fox college sports pick it up?

No it is only on tv in Cedar Falls, and I don't know if we were watching the same broadcast, the camera crew of the game I watched I don't think would be able to follow a player down a complete sideline, they were horrible.

TCisMYhero
October 14th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Go hang out with your peers in the cellar. The trees aren't so lonely this year, and for that, they thank you. 1-5!!

Big Al
October 14th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Naw, I saw him jawing at the student section after he came off the field. He had just thrown one of UNI's three TDs in the 4th quarter. I believe he was saying something along the lines of "Hail, good fellows! Was that a finely thrown pass or are our receivers possessed with exceeding skill and blinding speed? YO MAMA!"

SO ILLmatic
October 15th, 2009, 07:08 AM
The game is on a local cable station in Carbondale as well.

And supposedly, Chauncey's back in action this Saturday!

Houndawg
October 15th, 2009, 07:17 AM
The game is on a local cable station in Carbondale as well.

And supposedly, Chauncey's back in action this Saturday!

Where to see it if you don't have cable?

TCisMYhero
October 15th, 2009, 07:27 AM

Has MC hammer reached carbondale yet?

Gil Dobie
October 15th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Go hang out with your peers in the cellar. The trees aren't so lonely this year, and for that, they thank you. 1-5!!

Trees are classier than The Pink too xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2009, 07:40 AM
UNI 38
SIU 35

skinny_uncle
October 15th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Since it is Homecoming at UNI this weekend, I thought you all might like a preview of their Queen.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/capncatgaypride.jpg

(Thanks, Sal)

TCisMYhero
October 15th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Trees are classier than The Pink too xthumbsupx

Gil, I like ya, but you guys are whiny as fk. Isn't this a big game this week for you guys?? xeyebrowx

leatherneck177
October 15th, 2009, 04:57 PM
UNI by 12.

MSUBear42
October 15th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Interesting trivia...

Which teams were involved in the first meeting of top-five Valley football teams?

MSUBear42
October 15th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Give up?

Fifth-ranked Missouri State lost at third-ranked Northern Iowa 38-31 on Oct. 19, 1996. The Bears fell to 5-2 with the loss, finished 7-4 and haven't been back in the FCS top five since.

SO ILLmatic
October 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM

Mediacom, Carbondale & some surrounding areas cable provider, is showing the game.

I would say your best bet to see it, if you dont have cable, is to go to Show Me's or Pinch in C'dale. BWW has DirecTv, so they will not be showing the game.

SoCalAg
October 15th, 2009, 07:22 PM
UNI by 10....they are the best team in the country right now

igo4uni
October 15th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Since it is Homecoming at UNI this weekend, I thought you all might like a preview of their Queen.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/capncatgaypride.jpg

(Thanks, Sal)

She's so hot!!xcoolxxcoolx

achrist70
October 15th, 2009, 10:46 PM
NIU by 10....they are the best team in the country right now

I didn't know Northern Illinois is playing in the game.

putter
October 15th, 2009, 10:51 PM
After seeing how NDSU ran against UNI, I could see the Saluki's winning this game but it should be close either way.

igo4uni
October 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM

I knew that was coming!!

DOME
October 15th, 2009, 11:11 PM
In my eyes the deciding factor will be how UNI controls the clock. If the D is gassed in the fourth like it was last week those ugly dogs will put up points.

Hopefully D Law and C Anderson can drag out some drives and eat time. That or we can rotate in some fresh bodies from 2nd and 3rd string, they have been seeing some playing time so maybe they're up to the task.

Either way, on TV or in Person however I watch the game I'm juiced! GO PANTHERS!!

unigriff
October 16th, 2009, 07:27 AM
T- 33 hrs till kickoff!!!!

4N6
October 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM
What time are you coming through? Stop and say hi.

7:30 am Friday. In Paducah, KY en route Cedar Falls from Florida for the big game. Sure, I'm anxious to see our two sons, and we'll visit friends. But ... everyone on this thread knows the real reason that I'd leave 92 degree sunny weather yesterday morning and wake up to drizzle and 40 degrees this morning.

EVERY true Saluki and Panther fan should take a moment and enjoy this game. xnodx

skinny_uncle
October 16th, 2009, 07:43 AM
They are playing Toledo. Jerry Kill knows better than to schedule us.
xwhistlex

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Gil, I like ya, but you guys are whiny as fk. Isn't this a big game this week for you guys?? xeyebrowx

A thread about this game is nice, instead of living high because you beat the lowly Bison

Houndawg
October 16th, 2009, 08:07 AM
7:30 am Friday. In Paducah, KY en route Cedar Falls from Florida for the big game. Sure, I'm anxious to see our two sons, and we'll visit friends. But ... everyone on this thread knows the real reason that I'd leave 92 degree sunny weather yesterday morning and wake up to drizzle and 40 degrees this morning.

EVERY true Saluki and Panther fan should take a moment and enjoy this game. xnodx

Are you in town? The screen shows you on-line. Give me a call at the numeber I pmd you and I'll buy you some biscuits and gravy.
down at Mary Lou's.

Pant8her
October 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
4N6

When you come through StL, stay on I70.
Because I64/40 is closed down just west of downtown until the first of the year.
Keep your flag hifg when you come through the StL.

Go Panthers.

Don't Hate, just APPRECIATE!
Peace

Houndawg
October 16th, 2009, 08:27 AM
In my eyes the deciding factor will be how UNI controls the clock. If the D is gassed in the fourth like it was last week those ugly dogs will put up points.

Hopefully D Law and C Anderson can drag out some drives and eat time. That or we can rotate in some fresh bodies from 2nd and 3rd string, they have been seeing some playing time so maybe they're up to the task.

Either way, on TV or in Person however I watch the game I'm juiced! GO PANTHERS!!

The clock will be interesting. NDSU controlled the clock against both of us and lost twice. Both teams can score quickly and I'm hoping for a shoot out as opposed to a grind it out game.

Big Al
October 16th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah, that's the part that makes the Bison such a puzzle. They play like a better team than their record would suggest.

As much as NDSU fans like to talk about how they "won in the trenches" that doesn't matter much if you fall apart inside the 20.

The clock will be interesting. NDSU controlled the clock against both of us and lost twice. Both teams can score quickly and I'm hoping for a shoot out as opposed to a grind it out game.

Houndawg
October 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, that's the part that makes the Bison such a puzzle. They play like a better team than their record would suggest.

As much as NDSU fans like to talk about how they "won in the trenches" that doesn't matter much if you fall apart inside the 20.

Yep. Big and strong doesn't mean much at this level when it comes with dumb mistakes.

I wasn't surprised that the Bison were able to run at us, we're more of a small/quick defense and play a bend-don't-break style, but I am a little surprised that they were able to run at you guys with equal or greater success.

I think we'll be seeing both teams looking to stretch the field early.

MplsBison
October 16th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I would hope so. Damn shame that nobody has picked up the game on TV. ESPNU should seriously show this game.

Good football != TV ratings.

unigriff
October 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Haha one to talk about good football :)

Big Al
October 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Yep. Big and strong doesn't mean much at this level when it comes with dumb mistakes.

I wasn't surprised that the Bison were able to run at us, we're more of a small/quick defense and play a bend-don't-break style, but I am a little surprised that they were able to run at you guys with equal or greater success.

I think we'll be seeing both teams looking to stretch the field early.

Well, the first thing I'd say is NDSU's strength is their run blocking. They generally were pretty good at getting the outisde clear for Paschall. Also, they were able to do enough on offense to keep UNI's D honest -- they had to protect against the run and pass for most of the game. As UNI's lead blew open in the 4th, the run ceased to be an option for them and they had to move through the air. NDSU was never in the game, but they didn't simply lay over, either.

The last thing is NDSU's center managed to hold off UNI's DT for most of the game -- partly through executing, partly through holding when he had to and partly through getting into the DT's head. The kid just did what he had to to keep UNI from breaking down their line. He had a really tough job and held up reasonably well in what seemed in my eyes to be the critical matchup on the game.

DOME
October 16th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Haha one to talk about good football :)

Really? Can't we move on to the game at hand here?

unigriff
October 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Really? Can't we move on to the game at hand here?

Sorry. :( He set himself up:) I'm done!

Dawgs are going down!
Ubber pumped for this game and ready to cheer on the Cats to another memorable finish!

Cheer loud for me DOME at the game if you are going!!!!

4N6
October 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Arrived safe in Des Moines to visit our sons tonight. Houndog(sp?) ... I'm SO sorry that we couldn't get together. My wife threatened me with a closed fist if we didn't get to Des Moines in time for eating with the kids tonight. The trip was safe. 1400 miles in 21 hrs. Let's everyone enjoy the game tomorrow.

MTBison
October 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Good luck to both teams, it will be an exciting game to watch. If either or both make it to the playoffs, make the MVFC proud. ;)

igo4uni
October 16th, 2009, 09:34 PM

The ratings will come in December.xcoolx

LacesOut
October 16th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Would love to watch this game on TV.

skinny_uncle
October 16th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Are you in town? The screen shows you on-line. Give me a call at the numeber I pmd you and I'll buy you some biscuits and gravy.
down at Mary Lou's.
Now that is a good offer.

igo4uni
October 16th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Arrived safe in Des Moines to visit our sons tonight. Houndog(sp?) ... I'm SO sorry that we couldn't get together. My wife threatened me with a closed fist if we didn't get to Des Moines in time for eating with the kids tonight. The trip was safe. 1400 miles in 21 hrs. Let's everyone enjoy the game tomorrow.

Fan of the week candidate!!

unicat87
October 17th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Fan of the week candidate!!

No doubt! -unicat87 :)

MTBison
October 17th, 2009, 08:14 AM
What time is the game? Is it on Channelsurfing.net?

unigriff
October 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
What time is the game? Is it on Channelsurfing.net?

Last I saw (as of right now), its not even on channelsurfing.net

SO ILLmatic
October 17th, 2009, 09:01 AM
4 o'clock

Just wondering, what is the MVFC game of the week this week?
When I ask this - the game that is being shown on Fox Sports Midwest, Comcast Chicago, etc....

CDT_Wilson
October 17th, 2009, 09:21 AM
4 o'clock

Just wondering, what is the MVFC game of the week this week?
When I ask this - the game that is being shown on Fox Sports Midwest, Comcast Chicago, etc....

Indiana state vs Illinois state. Battle for the bottom.

4N6
October 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Sitting at the OPU, leaving now to be dropped off for the game. 1400 miles, left central Florida Thu. morning, got to Des Moines last eve. at 5pm.

Great atmosphere in CF for the game.

UNI Pike
October 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
If you want to watch the game - both schools use the same streaming provider, so pick which audio feed you want, because the video feed will be the same. Not listed on channelsurfing

http://www.stretchinternet.com/unischedule.html
http://www.stretchinternet.com/siuschedule.html

unigriff
October 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM
30 minutes to kickoff!!!!

Just heard from inside the A.O. that they aren't turning away students at the door all game.

SO ILLmatic
October 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
45 yd FD

3 - 0 Salukis. 1st Qtr