Ron McBride (Weber State) 3 9 3 8 5 81
Rich Ellerson (Cal Poly) 6 4 5 2 4 69
Bob Spoo (Eastern Illinois) 4 2 5 9 8 69
Jon Heacock (Youngstown State) 2 2 4 5 5 45
Matt Griffin (Tennessee-Martin) 3 1 6 1 4 43
Melvin Spears (Grambling State) 1 2 2 5 6 35
Mark Farley (UNI) 1 1 1 3 6 24
Dick Biddle (Colgate) 1 0 1 5 2 20

I have no problem with McDonnell and Clawson finishing above Jerry Moore, but 7th come on. ASU wasn't in the top 25 in many preseason polls and picked either 3rd or 4th in the SoCon...

I would have voted Clawson, Moore, and Bailiff (at regular season's end).
Bailiff 3rd, he did a great job in the regular season, but it's a good thing votes are in prior to the playoffs. How did Hampton finish that high, congrats coach you were picked to run the table in the weakest conference in the nation and you did wow!!! :bang: Oh yeah then you laid an egg in the playoffs when you played your first decent team.

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2005, 09:30 PM
MCDONNELL...HAD UH LOADED REPEAT PLAY-OFF TEAM RETURNIN' DIS SEASON......FO' MAH DUCATS............DAVE CLAWSON....:coach:......EARNED DUH RIGHT..TA..."SKIPPER O' DUH YEAR".......BY PUTTIN' DUH ARACHNIDS...ON DUH I-AA MAP!....AH'M NOT SAYIN'....JES' SAYIN'!...............:twocents:...............BRA WK!

rcny46
December 15th, 2005, 11:16 PM
McDonnell,Griffin and Estes are all former UNH players.

CatFan22
December 15th, 2005, 11:18 PM
What?!?! No Kramer?! xlolx xlolx xlolx

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 07:06 AM
I played under Coach Mac for five years and believe me when I say that he is an unbelievable coach and an even better man. He does a great job recruiting athletes of great charactor and insists maximum effort both on the field and in the classroom. In four years he has gone from 3-8, to, 5-7, to 10-3, and this season to 11-2. He has turned the program around and turned UNH into a school that is thought of as football powerhouse not just a Hoshey hotbed. Congrats Coach Mac. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2005, 07:26 AM
David Bailiff Texas State

More people left Texas State off their poll than any other school. Bailiff would get my vote.

TexasTerror
December 16th, 2005, 08:14 AM
I'm a big backer of Jay Thomas of Nicholls...

Had issues with Katrina and Rita, games cancelled, still won the SLC's auto bid and even beat those pesky Bobcats in Thibodaux...

No one expected it of them as they did of the Bobcats prior to the season. Thomas was a helluva coach and put together one helluva effort despite the lowest budget in the SLC...

newsbreaker
December 16th, 2005, 08:33 AM
I think Mark Farley should OBVIOUSLY be higher then he is. I understand why, and usually agree with the reasoning for voting in these things before the post-season, but if ever there was a case for doing things differently, Farley this year is one of them.

HensRock
December 16th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Sean McDonnell is my favorite coach in the A-10. He does more with less than anyone and is a truly brilliant game-day coach and pre-game strategist. Every time the Hens face UNH, I know going in that we will probably be outcoached. It's just a matter of if our kids' talent and the fans at Delaware Stadium can overcome that disadvantage on any given Saturday. He is the one coach I fear us going up against the most because his team is always prepared and they pull out all the stops. I hope UNH fans realize that lost among the hoopla of Santos and Ball, the real MVP for the Wildcats is the man with the headset on the sideline. I really mean it. McDonnell is a heck of a coach and it's about time he gets this recognition.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 08:50 AM
2005 EDDIE ROBINSON AWARD VOTING
NAME (SCHOOL) 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total
Sean McDonnell (New Hampshire) 27 23 15 7 9 295
Joe Taylor (Hampton) 16 23 14 19 7 259
David Bailiff (Texas State 7 18 12 18 13 192
Dave Clawson (Richmond) 13 14 10 6 6 169
Phil Estes (Brown) 6 5 15 4 11 114
Jay Thomas (Nicholls State) 11 3 6 5 6 101
Jerry Moore (Appalachian State) 10 4 3 7 6 95
Jim Harbaugh (San Diego) 2 2 11 9 15 84
Ron McBride (Weber State) 3 9 3 8 5 81
Rich Ellerson (Cal Poly) 6 4 5 2 4 69
Bob Spoo (Eastern Illinois) 4 2 5 9 8 69
Jon Heacock (Youngstown State) 2 2 4 5 5 45
Matt Griffin (Tennessee-Martin) 3 1 6 1 4 43
Melvin Spears (Grambling State) 1 2 2 5 6 35
Mark Farley (UNI) 1 1 1 3 6 24
Dick Biddle (Colgate) 1 0 1 5 2 20

I have no problem with McDonnell and Clawson finishing above Jerry Moore, but 7th come on. ASU wasn't in the top 25 in many preseason polls and picked either 3rd or 4th in the SoCon...

How did Hampton finish that high, congrats coach you were picked to run the table in the weakest conference in the nation and you did wow!!! :bang: Oh yeah then you laid an egg in the playoffs when you played your first decent team.
Guess it means nothing that:
1. ASU's defense was one of the worst in I-AA last year, and managed to stop all I-AA teams (at least enough to win the SoCon outright and manage a #2 seed in the play-offs) but one this year.
2. Make it to the National Championship finals. I was under the impression that that meant something more than a 7th place coaching performance.
3. Only lost to one I-AA team, Furman, in reg season then beat them in the semis with the back-up QB.

The two coaches with teams in the National Championship game are 7th and 15th.

Moore probably wouldn't give a rat's ass about the trophy standings anyway, since he's looking to a National Championship Trophy or a #2 at worst.

JSU Fan
December 16th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Jay Thomas gets my vote.

Low budget, terrible hurricane season, SLC auto-bid, regular season win over I-AA semifinalist and narrow road first-round loss to another future tourney semifinalist.

And while it didn't happen in 2005, don't forget the circumstances that led to him being named head coach at Nicholls in the first place.

Out.

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Sean McDonnell is my favorite coach in the A-10. He does more with less than anyone and is a truly brilliant game-day coach and pre-game strategist. Every time the Hens face UNH, I know going in that we will probably be outcoached. It's just a matter of if our kids' talent and the fans at Delaware Stadium can overcome that disadvantage on any given Saturday. He is the one coach I fear us going up against the most because his team is always prepared and they pull out all the stops. I hope UNH fans realize that lost among the hoopla of Santos and Ball, the real MVP for the Wildcats is the man with the headset on the sideline. I really mean it. McDonnell is a heck of a coach and it's about time he gets this recognition.

You hit the nail on the head, he has turned around the program with his blue collar workman like approach to being the head football coach and leader of the UNH football program. With him in charge there is always a chance to win.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Sean seemed to be a really great guy when we met him and the other UNH folks on Thursday night at the banquet. I was also impressed with the personable Ricky Santos.

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Sean seemed to be a really great guy when we met him and the other UNH folks on Thursday night at the banquet. I was also impressed with the personable Ricky Santos.

They are both people that have had great achievements and remain humble. It is refreshing to see.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 09:26 AM
You hit the nail on the head, he has turned around the program with his blue collar workman like approach to being the head football coach and leader of the UNH football program. With him in charge there is always a chance to win.

Not in today's game.

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Not in today's game.

He doesn't coach for APP or UNI so what are you talking about?

Granite
December 16th, 2005, 09:42 AM

That's one of the things that makes Coach Mac great, in my opinion. As HensRock says, he is an outstanding game coach, but he also brings in good kids who fit into his system. I know many of the guys who have come through the program over the past 5 years, and the recent success of the program has as much to do with character and "buy-in" as it does talent. Needless to say, I hope Sean stays in Durham for a long, long time.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 09:54 AM
He doesn't coach for APP or UNI so what are you talking about?

That's my point!!

He didn't get his team to the NC game. ASU has heard for years from A-10 and other fans how mediocre we were for not ever making to a NC game. Now we have done so but I guess we're still considered to have a mediocre coach.

University of Northern Iowa would have to be considered to have some incredibly awesome players if they win the National Championship led by the 15th rated coach!! :eek:

GannonFan
December 16th, 2005, 09:59 AM
That's my point!!

He didn't get his team to the NC game. ASU has heard for years from A-10 and other fans how mediocre we were for not ever making to a NC game. Now we have done so but I guess we're still considered to have a mediocre coach.

University of Northern Iowa would have to be considered to have some incredibly awesome players if they win the National Championship led by the 15th rated coach!! :eek:

Stop the whining - you know as well as everyone else that the awards are based on the regular season - if you want to argue a change in that a new topic would be a good place to start. The awards do not always go to the people from the best teams - I think it's kinda silly to assume that good coaching or good players necesarily have to be on the best teams - football's still a team game and even the best players or best coaches won't always win without a great team around them. Moore's doing a great job, but the award is based on the regular season - besides, he did finish in the top 10 of voting (I believe that to be the case) so how is top 10 out of 117 now considered mediocre?

Granite
December 16th, 2005, 10:10 AM
That's my point!!

The UNI loss had nothing to do with coaching. It came down to a lack of execution at critical times (a problem that UNH didn't confront all year). There is no way that the UNI loss should be hung around the UNH coaches' necks (although I'm sure that they would be the first to say that they take resposibility for it).

The game plan was a good one. Ultimately the players needed to execute - not turning the ball over and making some plays on 3rd and 4th down might very well have changed the outcome in an extremely close game.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 10:16 AM
The UNI loss had nothing to do with coaching. It came down to a lack of execution at critical times (a problem that UNH didn't confront all year). There is no way that the UNI loss should be hung around the UNH coaches' necks (although I'm sure that they would be the first to say that they take resposibility for it).

The game plan was a good one. Ultimately the players needed to execute - not turning the ball over and making some plays on 3rd and 4th down might very well have changed the outcome in an extremely close game.

Said nothing about the UNI loss..I'm speaking of the possible NC WIN tonight.

TypicalTribe
December 16th, 2005, 10:23 AM

Don't even try to argue. The coach did a terrible job putting together a game plan that only led to 635 yards of offense. Also, it was his fault the players fumbled.

Meanwhile, Moore did a heck of a job tripping up Ingle Martin at the 2 yard line last week. Farley did a tremendous Jedi mind trick on Bailiff as well, convincing him to take a knee at the end of the 4th quarter. Now that's coaching!

TypicalTribe
December 16th, 2005, 10:27 AM
I think Mark Farley should OBVIOUSLY be higher then he is. I understand why, and usually agree with the reasoning for voting in these things before the post-season, but if ever there was a case for doing things differently, Farley this year is one of them.

Farley probably would have ended up higher if the Panthers had done better when Sanders was injured. That was his chance to make a difference.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Stop the whining - you know as well as everyone else that the awards are based on the regular season - if you want to argue a change in that a new topic would be a good place to start. The awards do not always go to the people from the best teams - I think it's kinda silly to assume that good coaching or good players necesarily have to be on the best teams - football's still a team game and even the best players or best coaches won't always win without a great team around them. Moore's doing a great job, but the award is based on the regular season - besides, he did finish in the top 10 of voting (I believe that to be the case) so how is top 10 out of 117 now considered mediocre?

1.Oh whining, huh? When Delaware fails to get recognized in some way..it's being screwed, not whining.
2. Voting based on regular season not regular season plus play-offs. That one more time says it all about the other 1/3 of the season and the national championship game that is supposed to be of the ultimate in importance..
3. I guess you're right. The fact that he finishes in top 10 of 117 is what's important. :cool:
4. Moore takes a team that was out of the I-AA play-offs two straight years and takes them to the national championship game after 2 decades as head coach and 62 years old. He gets 7th best. Whoop de damn do.
5. The UNI coach has his team in the NC game and he is only 15th. :rolleyes:

Looks like, though the Robinson award is the consolation prize to the NC and runner-up. :cool: Well, except several coaches have earned both.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Meanwhile, Moore did a heck of a job tripping up Ingle Martin at the 2 yard line last week. . Now that's coaching!

Oh. So Martin tripping was the key to the whole game. :D :D :D Guess the dropped passes by ASU receivers from a back-up QB didn't matter. Nor the no call when the Furman defender hit our receiver before the ball got their in THE END ZONE mattered none either.
Would Furman have even been in the f'n game had they lost Ingle Martin in the first quarter as App lost Richie???

Granite
December 16th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Don't even try to argue. The coach did a terrible job putting together a game plan that only led to 635 yards of offense. Also, it was his fault the players fumbled.

Well said, Tribe. :bow:

BTW, congrats to ASU and UNI for getting to Chatty. I'd certainly rather be there tonight than sitting through snow, sleet, and freezing rain grading final papers and exams here in New Hampshire.

AppIAA
December 16th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Martin tripping on the 2 yard line, yes was a great play for App. However, football is 4 quaters long for a reason. If Furman had more points on the board, that trip wouldnt have mattered. It is ridiculous to say the outcome of the game was due to one play..

TypicalTribe
December 16th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Oh. So Martin tripping was the key to the whole game. :D :D :D Guess the dropped passes by ASU receivers from a back-up QB didn't matter. Nor the no call when the Furman defender hit our receiver before the ball got their in THE END ZONE mattered none either.
Would Furman have even been in the f'n game had they lost Ingle Martin in the first quarter as App lost Richie???

Wrong side of the bed this morning?

Stress of an impending NC game getting to you?

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 11:16 AM

Stress of staying home with a sukky team getting to YOU?

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Martin tripping on the 2 yard line, yes was a great play for App. However, football is 4 quaters long for a reason. If Furman had more points on the board, that trip wouldnt have mattered. It is ridiculous to say the outcome of the game was due to one play..

Good post. And Ingle Martin was going against ASU's 2nd string QB for 3 qtrs. That must have been challenging. :hurray:

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 11:18 AM

Meanwhile, Moore did a heck of a job tripping up Ingle Martin at the 2 yard line last week. Farley did a tremendous Jedi mind trick on Bailiff as well, convincing him to take a knee at the end of the 4th quarter. Now that's coaching!

Great Post!!

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 11:19 AM

You still didn't anwer the questions. xcoffeex

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Great Post!!

Umm. And what was UNH with 4 All-Americans excuse for being sent home?

TypicalTribe
December 16th, 2005, 11:21 AM
You still didn't anwer the questions. xcoffeex

That's because you didn't ask any that had any relevance to the discussion.

Griswold
December 16th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Settle down and enjoy the moment! :argue: :splat:

This game has been a long time coming for both ASU and UNI and I can sure you that any Coach of the Year award would be long forgotten with a National Championship! :hurray:

TypicalTribe
December 16th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Stress of staying home with a sukky team getting to YOU?

Yeah, I'm stressed b/c W&M went 5-6 this year. That makes sense.

Man, there's nothing worse than a poor winner.

GannonFan
December 16th, 2005, 11:24 AM
1.Oh whining, huh? When Delaware fails to get recognized in some way..it's being screwed, not whining.
2. Voting based on regular season not regular season plus play-offs. That one more time says it all about the other 1/3 of the season and the national championship game that is supposed to be of the ultimate in importance..
3. I guess you're right. The fact that he finishes in top 10 of 117 is what's important. :cool:
4. Moore takes a team that was out of the I-AA play-offs two straight years and takes them to the national championship game after 2 decades as head coach and 62 years old. He gets 7th best. Whoop de damn do.
5. The UNI coach has his team in the NC game and he is only 15th. :rolleyes:

Looks like, though the Robinson award is the consolation prize to the NC and runner-up. :cool: Well, except several coaches have earned both.

I don't recall ever saying UD was screwed - I think you're making that up. If you have evidence otherwise please bring it. Keeler didn't get the Coach of the Year award in 2003 despite taking a team that was 10-12 in the previous two years to the #2 seed and the NC. Heck, you could argue that Bennett (UD's RB) who had a great playoffs was a better RB than Payton winner Branch was that year. However, it's a regular season award, and we were quite content with the National Championship. Stop whining about post season crap - IT'S A REGULAR SEASON AWARD. Deal with it. Like I said, you can be a great player or a great coach and because you're not on the best team you won't be in the playoffs - under your scenario only those with the best teammates should be eligible for these awards. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Win the NC and you'll see how silly it is to worry about these awards anyway - were you guys going to fly a flag touting the Coach of the Year award if he won?

UNH_ORACLE
December 16th, 2005, 11:28 AM

Why are you concerned with this BS, you're playing for a national championship and you're crying about a coaching trophy??? Come on man you are pathetic go support your school, any coach is deserving of a Coach of the Year Award they all work hard, they all deserve one, what Coach Mac did was more deserving then other according to the press, so wipe your tears away and realize your playing for NC and that a coaching award is the worst award to get, you think APP St should get every award because they made it to the NC?? UNH's excuse for being sent home is turnovers you know that. Now go try and beat UNI...

eaglesrthe1
December 16th, 2005, 11:31 AM
The Tx St coach would be up there IMO, for coming in off the radar screen. But in my book I'd have to give the nod to the Richmond coach. I don't think they were as senior laden as the Tx St team.

Jerry Moore has done a good job in Boone, but at the start of the season most people thoght that the biggest obstacle for the Mountaineers was their schedule, not their lack of talent. Finishing where he did is not a slap in the face.

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 11:39 AM

Three All-Americans get your facts right before making a post. They lost because of bad execution and poor ball security. UNH gave that one to UNI on a silver platter.

rcny46
December 16th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Three All-Americans get your facts right before making a post. They lost because of bad execution and poor ball security. UNH gave that one to UNI on a silver platter.

I'm still depressed.

Granite
December 16th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I'm still depressed.

You're definitely not the only one, 46. It was tough watching the semis last week, thinking about the opportunity that we had this season.

Of course, if we're feeling this way, I can't imagine what the players feel like. :(

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 12:40 PM
You're definitely not the only one, 46. It was tough watching the semis last week, thinking about the opportunity that we had this season.

Of course, if we're feeling this way, I can't imagine what the players feel like. :(

I feel the same way, it is hard to watch these teams play because of the fact that UNH is a better team, we just gave it away. I am good friends with all of the player i will tell you that it has been hard for them. :bang:

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 12:45 PM
They are however set up to be very good in 2006, this is just going to make them a stronger more motivated team.

WMTribe90
December 16th, 2005, 12:51 PM
You could make great arguments for HC's from UNH, TXST, ASU and UR for the regular season. IMO, Clawson from UR is the most deserving. Nobody picked them to contend in the A10, let alone win a playoff game. Clawson is only in his second year and led a team full of mostly freshmen and sophmores to an A10 title. He did it at a school that tried to deemphasize football in the offseason. He did it with a team that last had a winning season in 2000 if I'm not mistaken. His only mistake IMO opinion was not installing Tutt back at QB sooner.

Granite
December 16th, 2005, 12:53 PM
They are however set up to be very good in 2006, this is just going to make them a stronger more motivated team.

Very true. And from what's being said on campus, recruiting has been particularly strong this year. I'm counting down the days 'till the Blue-White scrimmage!

Maybe we'll get some more news on the facility plans soon, too. I know that there are plans on the drawing board, but from what I hear they are waiting for a politically opportune time to release them.

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Very true. And from what's being said on campus, recruiting has been particularly strong this year. I'm counting down the days 'till the Blue-White scrimmage!

Maybe we'll get some more news on the facility plans soon, too. I know that there are plans on the drawing board, but from what I hear they are waiting for a politically opportune time to release them.

They deserve a new facility and they need to build it now so that good recruits will continue to choose UNH and helping make them a strong program for many years to come.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I don't recall ever saying UD was screwed - I think you're making that up. If you have evidence otherwise please bring it. Keeler didn't get the Coach of the Year award in 2003 despite taking a team that was 10-12 in the previous two years to the #2 seed and the NC. Heck, you could argue that Bennett (UD's RB) who had a great playoffs was a better RB than Payton winner Branch was that year. However, it's a regular season award, and we were quite content with the National Championship. Stop whining about post season crap - IT'S A REGULAR SEASON AWARD. Deal with it. Like I said, you can be a great player or a great coach and because you're not on the best team you won't be in the playoffs - under your scenario only those with the best teammates should be eligible for these awards. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Win the NC and you'll see how silly it is to worry about these awards anyway - were you guys going to fly a flag touting the Coach of the Year award if he won?

Blah blah blah.
Who the F said he should be coach of the year? Just expressed my thoughts about the two teams' coaches who made it to the N Championship deserved better than 7th and 15th.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Why are you concerned with this BS, you're playing for a national championship and you're crying about a coaching trophy??? Come on man you are pathetic go support your school, any coach is deserving of a Coach of the Year Award they all work hard, they all deserve one, what Coach Mac did was more deserving then other according to the press, so wipe your tears away and realize your playing for NC and that a coaching award is the worst award to get, you think APP St should get every award because they made it to the NC?? UNH's excuse for being sent home is turnovers you know that. Now go try and beat UNI...

Duh?? Where did I say he should be coach of the year?
Damn, boy, learn to f'n read.

SoCon48
December 16th, 2005, 01:54 PM
The Tx St coach would be up there IMO, for coming in off the radar screen. But in my book I'd have to give the nod to the Richmond coach. I don't think they were as senior laden as the Tx St team.

Jerry Moore has done a good job in Boone, but at the start of the season most people thoght that the biggest obstacle for the Mountaineers was their schedule, not their lack of talent. Finishing where he did is not a slap in the face.

ASU was picked 4th and 3rd by many for the the SoCon race.
The GSU message board was slap full of posts saying how the ASU defense was worst in the nation during this season. Not even ranked just prior to the Coastal game.
Oh well.

GannonFan
December 16th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Blah blah blah.
Who the F said he should be coach of the year? Just expressed my thoughts about the two teams' coaches who made it to the N Championship deserved better than 7th and 15th.

So after all this ranting and all these posts, you're saying if he finished 6th you wouldn't have said a peep? :nono:

rcny46
December 16th, 2005, 04:57 PM

It's funny you should mention the scrimmage at the end of spring practice.I was just thinking about it this morning,so I guess I'm not the only one who has an addiction.It is something to look forward to as it takes place roughly half way between the end of one season and the start of the next.The announcement of the new recruits in Feb.is another event that makes the waiting easier.I think that next year the O has the potential to be better than the one they had this season-they will be loaded at RB-but the D will need some attention after 8 starters graduate.Did you actually hear that recruiting has gone well? I'm only familiar with a couple of in state players who have made commitments so far.Last year's group was a quality one IMO,and while two played this year,the rest should be heard from in the fall.

DTSpider
December 16th, 2005, 06:26 PM
You could make great arguments for HC's from UNH, TXST, ASU and UR for the regular season. IMO, Clawson from UR is the most deserving. Nobody picked them to contend in the A10, let alone win a playoff game. Clawson is only in his second year and led a team full of mostly freshmen and sophmores to an A10 title. He did it at a school that tried to deemphasize football in the offseason. He did it with a team that last had a winning season in 2000 if I'm not mistaken. His only mistake IMO opinion was not installing Tutt back at QB sooner.

Actually, not playing Tutt at QB is why Clawson is my coach of the year. Clawson told Tutt he could only play QB is he was willing to fully dedicate himself to football by watching game film and studying outside of practice. Tutt didn't do it. Clawson held to his guns and played freshmen instead. After two loses Clawson called Tutt out in front of the other captains telling him that he was wasting the opportunity of the other players. Tutt changed his attitude and agreed to committ himself to the team. And the rest is history. From 0-2 to the quarterfinals with a very young team.

Unless UR screws Clawson (which the current president is trying to do) we're on our way. For those that didn't know, the school president told Clawson and the team in the offseason that they were not capable of competing in the A10. That they were not academically sound and that the school would be better off if we took away their scholarships. Any coach that can win with that kind of boss deserves some praise.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 16th, 2005, 07:18 PM
app state fumbles on kickoff, uni recovers. what a way to get started out, apps :nono:

ngineer
December 16th, 2005, 09:13 PM

Much agreed there, HR. UNH has always seemed like a second sister in the A-10 and he's really raised their performance. I would hae had Clawson a close second. He took a Richmond team that was expected to be middle of the road at best and went far beyond expectations.