PDA

View Full Version : MVC Week 7 Prediction Thread

Thumper 76
October 11th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Good slate of games this week:

Ind. St@Ill. St-Indiana State doesn't get the win this week against a Redbird team that seems to be improving steadily, after keeping the game close in the first half with SIU. This one won't get out of hand until the 3rd or 4th, but then the trees D will wear out, just like all the other weeks. But maybe they found an offense store over their bye week and went out and got some. But I doubt it. 31-10

MSU@WIU-Western did what I expected and lost to YSU last week, further reassuring my thoughts that they are the bottom feeder of the conference this year behind YSU/Ill St./NDSU, and MSU is much improved from last year. Add to that if Barr is out, this one could be not much fun at all at home for the Leathernecks. 28-14

NDSU@SDSU-The Battle for the Marker, this game would be the sole reason that neither of these teams will never ever have a streak similar to Indiana States, because no matter how bad the other team appears that year, every game is a battle. NDSU comes into this game thinking about 2007, and how the Jacks ruined the season for the Bison at CAS, and coach Bohl will have them frothing to return the favor I'm sure, especially with the Jacks winning the past two meetings of these teams and winning in heartbeaking (for Bison fans) fashion last year in Fargo for the first time in ever. The Jacks, however, have a good team this year, and their newly appointed Redshirt Frosh qb due to Ryan Crawfords injury will have had a second game and week of preparation to get ready for the Bison. Add to this the tenacious D for the Jacks, and how difficult it has been for the Bison to win in Brookings (they haven't in this millenia), I see the Jacks eeking one out in a heartstopper. 24-21

UNI@SIU-Most certainly the MVC game of the week, if not the national game of the week. With these two highly touted conference favorites clashing, we will finally get to see what they are made of. Historically in this series the home team has had the advantage, but I see that turning this year. SIU has a good team, but after seeing Ill. St. hang with them in the first half, I am more convinced that UNI is a stronger team this year. This should be the game that has a lot of eyes on it, with UNI getting its first bigtime test since the Iowa game. Are they the monsters that have been tearing every team they've faced to shreds, or are they a good top tier FCS team? We shall see. 17-13

Great week of football in the Valley, highly suggest that you watch or make it to at least one of these games. xthumbsupx

DOME
October 11th, 2009, 11:34 PM
SIU is playing in Cedar Falls this weekend so if your picking UNI the home field advantage coninues.

I'm pretty much on board with all of your calls though.

Might add a score for both the Panthers and Flying Dogs that eat children and burn kittens though 24-20

Saluki09
October 11th, 2009, 11:39 PM
SIU is playing in Cedar Falls this weekend so if your picking UNI the home field advantage coninues.

Might add a score for both the Panthers and Flying Dogs that eat children and burn kittens though 24-20

Does that mean your secondary is in for a long night?

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2009, 12:00 AM

Ahhhhh yep, that would be my bad. Crap. Sorry bout that fellas :o. Youll have to pardon my friend, hes a little slow :D

http://ryanericsongcanlas.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dumbanddumber1.jpg

FargoBison
October 12th, 2009, 12:46 AM
UNI 31 SIU 21

MSU 28 WIU 24

Ill St 41 Ind St 10

NDSU 28 SDSU 24

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2009, 06:18 AM
UNI-SIU should be another dandy. Their games the last couple of years have been classics. Last year SIU won on a last second FG. The year before the Salukis lost by 6 yards on the final play of the game. I can't wait for this year's game.

Gil Dobie
October 12th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Illinois St
MSU
SDSU
UNI - Homefield advantage

Houndawg
October 12th, 2009, 07:49 AM
ISU @ ISU - Home team coasts

MSU @ WIU - MSU 27 -17

NDSU @ SDSU - Bison seize last chance to salvage some pride after being spanked by SIU and UNI - NDSU 24 -20

SIU @ UNI - One-dimensional Bison rolled for 324 yards on SIU and 428 yards on UNI. Both teams will run for 100 yards, Grace will have better stats than Dieker, except for two INTs, one of which will seal the game. SIU by an FG on the road. Cap'n Cat coughs up the nugs.

xbowx As it was written, so shall it be.

Redbird Ray
October 12th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Redbirds
Bears
Bunnies
Panthers

Big Al
October 12th, 2009, 08:01 AM
IlSU - Comfortably.
MSU - In a battle.
SDSU - But to be fair, NDSU will be the best 1-6 team in the nation.
UNI - It'll be tight until the start of the 4th quarter.

jmc_jackrabbit
October 12th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Illinois State: A much improved team.
Missouri State: Another much, much improved team.
SIU (OK, that's who I want to win... UNI will actually win the game)

NDSU at SDSU: The records mean nothing in a rivalry game like this one. There's still a chance that Ryan Crawford could play. But Thomas O'Brien will most likely get the start at QB. If we protect O'Brien, he'll throw for 250+ and a couple of TDs. The other key is getting Kyle Minett going for another workmanlike 100+ yards and two TD game. Our defense will keep the Bison in check, but Pat Paschal is a heckuva back, and Nick "Throw-a-pick" Mertens makes a decent throw from time to time and has become a solid runner. Home field advantage is worth something in this rivalry, and the Bison haven't won in Brookings in a decade.

SDSU keeps the Dakota Marker (3 straight!): 31 to 21.

ISUMatt
October 12th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Illinois St 49 Indiana St 7
Missouri St 31 Western Illinois 28
SDSU 38 NDSU 17
UNI 24 SIU 14

crunifan
October 12th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I'm hoping NDSU provided the scare to this team that they needed. Hopefully it put them back on track and made them realize they are FAR from invincible.

With that said, none of it matters. In this series, magical, wondrous things will happen to make sure UNI wins...even if it stops your heart in the process. And, as always, SIU will have their revenge in similar style next year.

MplsBison
October 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM
UNI
ILL St
WIU
NDSU

UNI Pike
October 12th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm hoping NDSU provided the scare to this team that they needed. Hopefully it put them back on track and made them realize they are FAR from invincible.

With that said, none of it matters. In this series, magical, wondrous things will happen to make sure UNI wins...even if it stops your heart in the process. And, as always, SIU will have their revenge in similar style next year.

If the NDSU game does not give the UNI team a sens of focus, nothing will. I am sure the film review will be pretty intense.

leatherneck177
October 12th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Illinois St 37 Indiana St 10
Western Illinois 28 Missouri State 24
SDSU 30 NDSU 17
UNI 29 SIU 10

Killsback
October 12th, 2009, 01:51 PM
The only game that really matter is SIU at UNI and even though I am a Saluki fan..I just don't believe we can score enough points in the dome to beat UNI. Grace is having a great year and the UNI "D" will stack the box with 7 or 8 poeple forcing Dieker to throw. In the doem that is not a good recipe to win. UNI 27 SIU 10. I hope I am wrong!!

Houndawg
October 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
The only game that really matter is SIU at UNI and even though I am a Saluki fan..I just don't believe we can score enough points in the dome to beat UNI. Grace is having a great year and the UNI "D" will stack the box with 7 or 8 poeple forcing Dieker to throw. In the doem that is not a good recipe to win. UNI 27 SIU 10. I hope I am wrong!!

Mertens threw for 300 yards on UNI.xnodx

UNI Pike
October 12th, 2009, 03:22 PM
80 yards in the last 1:30

Big Al
October 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
For all the running and passing NDSU did, they sure had a hard time finding the end zone.

I would also be very interested to know their average starting position vs. UNI's.

Oh, and just for Mpls Bison: Pat Paschall is a good running back. xrolleyesx

MplsBison
October 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM
80 yards in the last 1:30

Against UNI's #1 D that was trying their hardest to stop him, not in a prevent defense either.

Nice try.

MSUBear42
October 12th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Against UNI's #1 D that was trying their hardest to stop him, not in a prevent defense either.

Nice try.

How many wins do you guys have, now? xwhistlex

:D

ValleyChamp
October 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM

Nice try.

Right, I'm sure they were trying their hardest.xrolleyesx I bet they were crushed to only win by 15, rather than 22. Huge difference.xrolleyesxxcoffeex

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Nice try.

Sure looked like a loose zone to me...

clenz
October 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Sure looked like a loose zone to me...
Word from a good source....

The zone they were playing was similar to that you teach a 4th grade football team...you cover here and you cover here. Don't let them beat you long, then tackle them when they catch it.

Tight zone with a lot of effort it wasn't.

UNIFanSince1983
October 12th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Another thread turned into UNI vs NDSU...I'll try and get this back on track with some predictions

Illinois State 35-3 -- Indiana State just isn't good and the Birds look like they are improving
MSU 27-20 -- They are improved and WIU is pretty bad this year
SDSU 35-31 -- NDSU is tough at home, and it is the Marker game. I think SDSU is just a little too strong though
UNI 38-27 -- I really don't know about this game. Last weekend has worried me. We just don't lose at home to SIU

MplsBison
October 12th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Right, I'm sure they were trying their hardest.xrolleyesx I bet they were crushed to only win by 15, rather than 22. Huge difference.xrolleyesxxcoffeex

Yeah I'm sure the coach was like "you know..if they try to score, you shouldn't try too hard to stop them.....AFTERALL, we are just a teacher's college and no one really cares about us in our state."

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

UNI Pike
October 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah I'm sure the coach was like "you know..if they try to score, you shouldn't try too hard to stop them.....AFTERALL, we are just a teacher's college and no one really cares about us in our state."

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1432855&postcount=53

Houndawg
October 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM

The best thing about NDSU's move up to the MVC is the high number of frequent flyer miles that Bison fans will get from Crapsville Airways.xnodx

ValleyChamp
October 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Its really hittin' home now isn't it?xrulesx

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Another thread turned into UNI vs NDSU...I'll try and get this back on track with some predictions

Illinois State 35-3 -- Indiana State just isn't good and the Birds look like they are improving
SDSU 35-31 -- NDSU is tough at home, and it is the Marker game. I think SDSU is just a little too strong though
UNI 38-27 -- I really don't know about this game. Last weekend has worried me. We just don't lose at home to SIU

THANKYOU xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

Neckfansince71
October 12th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Illinois State by alot!
Its homecoming at WIU, and Will Lunt is starting to get the hang of it, if the defense doesn't give up 31 by halftime I like the Necks chances. The time to beat the Necks was early, because they will get things figured out and will end up spoiling someones championship party!
SDSU
UNI I think UNI is really something this year. The only thing that could get in their way is, well, UNI!!! Should have won the National Championship last year. Could get the chance this year! The pressures on!xthumbsupx

Oh, by the way, I am not really sure what has been happening in Macomb, except that no matter who the coach is, we are done treading water and thats a good thing!

xsmiley_wix
jc

KUlawJack
October 12th, 2009, 08:25 PM
The only game that really matter is SIU at UNI . . .

I will have to respectfully disagree with that. I believe there are a few more games this weekend in the MVFC. One in particular with a little bit of history. You aren't the only ones unbeaten at the top of the conference right now, remember?

SDSU
UNI
Ill St.
MO St.

mango43
October 12th, 2009, 08:37 PM

The game is in Brookings, not Fargo xcoffeex

UNIFanSince1983
October 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I apologize for not doing my research. For whatever reason when I was typing that I felt like it was in Brookings, but didn't even bother to look it up. That will change my prediction slightly

SDSU 35
NDSU 24

Thank you for correcting me and again very sorry xpeacex

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
We just don't lose at home to SIU
You have lost to Dale Lennon before, though. Guess who is coming to town.

xnodx

UNIFanSince1983
October 12th, 2009, 10:22 PM
You lose to one D2 school at home the year after you get to the championship game and you never live it down xsmhx

Either way should be a great game in the UNI-Dome this weekend. Can't wait! Too bad it is only Monday.

mango43
October 12th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I apologize for not doing my research. For whatever reason when I was typing that I felt like it was in Brookings, but didn't even bother to look it up. That will change my prediction slightly

SDSU 35
NDSU 24

Thank you for correcting me and again very sorry xpeacex

No harm done, I just figured it would change your prediction a little bit since the Bison aren't at home

89rabbit
October 12th, 2009, 11:08 PM
The game is in Brookings, not Fargo xcoffeex

A place the Bison haven't won at since 1999. xcoolx

ValleyChamp
October 12th, 2009, 11:12 PM

To be fair, nobody can really be a winner in that town.;)

xlolx

89rabbit
October 13th, 2009, 12:10 AM
To be fair, nobody can really be a winner in that town.;)

xlolx

Ahhhh, cutting words indeed from Cedar Falls. The garden spot of Iowa. ;) xlolx

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 08:04 AM

Every road game is a loss for the Bison because even if they win the game they still have to go back to Fargo.

Gil Dobie
October 13th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Every road game is a loss for the Bison because even if they win the game they still have to go back to Fargo.

Fargo is a nice town. I don't live there anymore, but it's a nice town, as is Brookings and I assume Carbondale is too. xthumbsupx

NDB
October 13th, 2009, 08:21 AM
You lose to one D2 school at home the year after you get to the championship game and you never live it down xsmhx

Either way should be a great game in the UNI-Dome this weekend. Can't wait! Too bad it is only Monday.

you guys were in a championship game?

did you win?

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2009, 09:00 AM
we will find out in December - enjoy ice fishing.

TCisMYhero
October 13th, 2009, 09:32 AM

did you win?

You guys have played an fcs team this year? Did you win?
When you're only one game ahead of insu 6 games into the season, I wouldn't shoot my mouth off too much.

NDB
October 13th, 2009, 09:38 AM
You guys have played an fcs team this year? Did you win?
When you're only one game ahead of insu 6 games into the season, I wouldn't shoot my mouth off too much.

Your hero is your school's mascot. enough said.

TCisMYhero
October 13th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Your hero is your school's mascot. enough said.

And your heros are a bunch of hacks who can't hang in a real conference. FAIL.

NDB
October 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Does UNI still have normal school in its official name?

TCisMYhero
October 13th, 2009, 09:47 AM
1-5. Head on over to crapsville buddy, learn the cubs fan lingo: "next year's our year."

NDB
October 13th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Do they have Panthers in Iowa?

TCisMYhero
October 13th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Your smack is weak, and I don't even get a chuckle. Where's lakes and mpls, you're a disgrace.
Isn't the Fargodomemall open yet? Go mall walk, rookie.

NDB
October 13th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Is UNI the only school in the country that was founded as an orphanage?

TCisMYhero
October 13th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I really enjoy the fact that you completely ignore the football aspect of this conversation. Still no response to fighting insu for un-supremecy? This is like talking to an 8th grader.

NDB
October 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
How many attempts does UNI need to not have a kick blocked by Iowa?

(we know the answer is at least three)

MSUBear42
October 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM

did you win?

Do you REALLY think you guys have ANY room to be talking smack? xoopsx

nmatsen
October 13th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Winners this week:

UNI
SDSU

Is there anyone else of importance in the Valley?

Not that SDSU should really be in that conversation either but hey, I will throw them a bone because they are playing the worlds most annoying fan base.

Redbird Ray
October 13th, 2009, 11:28 AM
The only game that really matters this week is the Valley game of the week!!!

xlolx

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Don't worry NDB, there's still the post game snack. Nobody was really keeping score.

https://www.shurhire.com/images/morons/SpecialParticipation2009.GIFhttp://members.cox.net/jahlgrimm/June_2005_Jake_soccer.jpg

NDB
October 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Does UNI use Kurt Warner's career success for recruiting?

You mean with a degree from Northern Iowa I can stock shelves at Hy-Vee!?! Where do I sign up!

mango43
October 13th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Winners this week:

UNI
SDSU

Not that SDSU should really be in that conversation either but hey, I will throw them a bone because they are playing the worlds most annoying fan base.

You are right because no one else matters except UNI xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Winners this week:

UNI
SDSU

You know its not when UNI fans claim to be great that gets under my skin, its when they have the attitude that no one else matters, and the other teams might as well forefit the games. Many just have the underlying attitude of it, but you are the first the be so arrogant as to state that they are the only ones who countxnonono2x. Wait to come to Brookings and beat us, then say we're of no importance, and thats if you beat SIU. Even then both SDSU and SIU are still both of importance being as they will still have a shot at the playoffs yet.

MplsBison
October 13th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Ahhhh, cutting words indeed from Cedar Falls. The garden spot of Iowa. ;) xlolx

This would seem to imply that there is actually a spot in the entire state that is fit for human civilization.

Unless you're a corporate pig farmer and you enjoy the smell of warm pig crap in the morning as much as you do shovling it, there is no reason to ever live in Iowa, much less attend the Iowa Teacher's College in Cedar Rapids...or Falls...or who cares?

MSUBear42
October 13th, 2009, 12:35 PM
This would seem to imply that there is actually a spot in the entire state that is fit for human civilization.

Unless you're a corporate pig farmer and you enjoy the smell of warm pig crap in the morning as much as you do shovling it, there is no reason to ever live in Iowa, much less attend the Iowa Teacher's College in Cedar Rapids...or Falls...or who cares?

Actually, Dubuque is one of the prettiest cities I've EVER seen.

nmatsen
October 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM
You know its not when UNI fans claim to be great that gets under my skin, its when they have the attitude that no one else matters, and the other teams might as well forefit the games. Many just have the underlying attitude of it, but you are the first the be so arrogant as to state that they are the only ones who countxnonono2x. Wait to come to Brookings and beat us, then say we're of no importance, and thats if you beat SIU. Even then both SDSU and SIU are still both of importance being as they will still have a shot at the playoffs yet.

You don't suppose that some of my "arrogance" had anything to do with retalliation toward NDSU fans do you? Lighten up a bit.

Two teams matter in the Valley, SIU and UNI. Why would I think that SDSU matters yet in the Valley? I hope they do some day. It would be nice to only average a conf. title once every two years instead of once every 1.6 years. I would have loved the Rabbits and Bison to come to the league and matter immediately, the simple truth of it is that they haven't yet. That will change, but not yet. I have been open since my first day here. UNI is in a league of their own in the Valley, sure a few other teams have won in the last 25 years, certainly nobody even close to the consistency of UNI. A few have reasons to brag, YSU with their titles before they came to the Valley, decades ago, SIU has had some great teams as of late, but consistently, there is UNI, then the rest.

As long as there are still idiots that post things like "how many field goals would you have to kick against Iowa" or something like that. Or seeing things like "you guys were in the championship game" "did you win"? I will continue to post things that remind everyone in this league how far behind UNI they are.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Fargo is a nice town. I don't live there anymore, but it's a nice town, as is Brookings and I assume Carbondale is too. xthumbsupx

Don't assume anything about Carbondale....xrotatehx

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Ooooo, ouch.xasswhipx

Redbird Ray
October 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
You don't suppose that some of my "arrogance" had anything to do with retalliation toward NDSU fans do you? Lighten up a bit.

Two teams matter in the Valley, SIU and UNI. Why would I think that SDSU matters yet in the Valley? I hope they do some day. It would be nice to only average a conf. title once every two years instead of once every 1.6 years. I would have loved the Rabbits and Bison to come to the league and matter immediately, the simple truth of it is that they haven't yet. That will change, but not yet. I have been open since my first day here. UNI is in a league of their own in the Valley, sure a few other teams have won in the last 25 years, certainly nobody even close to the consistency of UNI. A few have reasons to brag, YSU with their titles before they came to the Valley, decades ago, SIU has had some great teams as of late, but consistently, there is UNI, then the rest.

As long as there are still idiots that post things like "how many field goals would you have to kick against Iowa" or something like that. Or seeing things like "you guys were in the championship game" "did you win"? I will continue to post things that remind everyone in this league how far behind UNI they are.

Settle down there sport. I think UNI is the best team in the country, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNI loses to SIU or SDSU this year. Dismissing SIU and SDSU as contenders is just stupid.

Barnstormer
October 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
ISU Red 42 - ISU Blue 10
MSU 24 - WIU 17
SDSU 35 - NDSU 21

UNI 42 - SIU 41. :)

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Settle down there sport. I think UNI is the best team in the country, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if UNI loses to SIU or SDSU this year. Dismissing SIU and SDSU as contenders is just stupid.

I thought they were the best team in the country too, until NDSU rolled up 500+ yards on them.

mango43
October 13th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Yes because in their first year in the conference, SDSU lost two games and finished third. The two teams they lost to were finished ahead of them in the conference and they didn't lose by much to SIU.

UNI is a good team, but some of their fans, not all just some, are so full of themselves it's ridiculous. Remember for all of your MVFC titles, you have never won a national title.

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Yes because in their first year in the conference, SDSU lost two games and finished third. The two teams they lost to were finished ahead of them in the conference and they didn't lose by much to SIU.

UNI is a good team, but some of their fans, not all just some, are so full of themselves it's ridiculous. Remember for all of your MVFC titles, you have never won a national title.

Go easy there, mango. They're a little sensitive about that bridesmaid thing.

unigriff
October 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
The best team doesn't always win the national title. Ask the Richmond fans, and App State fans (god forbid i mentioned them). Richmond was 8-3...UNI was one of the two favorites and best teams, but they didnt win the title. Neither UNI or App State was the best team in 2005, UNI was the cinderella story, App State got some breaks to make it, just came to be. UNI is the best in the Valley on a consistent basis, just because they don't have a national title doesn't mean they aren't elite.

BearsCountry
October 13th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I think we should add NDSU to the Valley just to square off with Wichita State fans. :)

UNIFanSince1983
October 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Settle down every fan base has their Lakes or Mpls'

Cut UNI a break. Most of us respect all the other teams in the league (even though it is hard for me to respect NDSU). Certainly I respect what SDSU has been able to do. They were coming in with far less fanfare than NDSU, and have squashed them in actually accomplishing things in their 1.5 years in the conference.

We have a right to be somewhat arrogant though considering we dominate this conference. If you want to jump on us jump on the whole conference because only two teams while in the conference won a national championship, and one of those is no longer in the conference. So out of all of them only 1 of us has a national championship. Only 3 teams while in the conference have even reached the national championship game, and Youngstown has done it the most.

If any team wants to give us crap it should be Youngstown as they are the only ones who can claim more FCS success.

onbison09
October 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Do you REALLY think you guys have ANY room to be talking smack? xoopsx

Uh no xsmhx

Western_101
October 13th, 2009, 03:04 PM

A North Dakota fan ripping on any other State for it's level of tolerable habitation?

NDB
October 13th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I will continue to post things that remind everyone in this league how far behind UNI they are.

So do all incoming UNI students have inferiority complexes or does it begin for some only after matriculating?

ValleyChamp
October 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Calm down kids. All of you just need to learn to know your roles and bow down before UNI!xrulesx

xlolx

Big Al
October 13th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Hmmm. First, don't take this thread too personally, it seems to be comprised mostly of UNI vs NDSU sniping. Don't get caught in the crossfire.

Personally, I'm relieved/bummed that SDSU likely won't have their QB for the game on the 24th. If he's in, I think SDSU has a better shot at toppling the Panthers than SIU does this Saturday. I said at the beginning of the season this was a 3-horse race -- UNI, SIU, & SDSU.

Little would I know that not only is NDSU not in the race, they're back in the stables, beating their dead horse to pieces.
xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Hmmm. First, don't take this thread too personally, it seems to be comprised mostly of UNI vs NDSU sniping. Don't get caught in the crossfire.

Personally, I'm relieved/bummed that SDSU likely won't have their QB for the game on the 24th. If he's in, I think SDSU has a better shot at toppling the Panthers than SIU does this Saturday. I said at the beginning of the season this was a 3-horse race -- UNI, SIU, & SDSU.

Little would I know that not only is NDSU not in the race, they're back in the stables, beating their dead horse to pieces.
xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

The jury is still out on all three teams. Xdsu game should be interesting, SDSU without their sarting QB and NDSU without their starting RB. I'm going to stay with my upset prediction.

SIU has a good chance of beating you saturday. 500+ yards by the Bison is pretty impressive for a big slow team.

mango43
October 13th, 2009, 06:33 PM
The jury is still out on all three teams. Xdsu game should be interesting, SDSU without their sarting QB and NDSU without their starting RB. I'm going to stay with my upset prediction.

SIU has a good chance of beating you saturday. 500+ yards by the Bison is pretty impressive for a big slow team.

People keep talking about Crawford being out but they don't realize that O'Brien challenged Crawford for the starting position at the beginning of the year. O'Brien is very capable

Big Al
October 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
SIU always has a good chance of beating UNI -- they're a very good team.

That 500 yards becomes a lot less impressive when you realize the 1st team D hadn't played more than 2.5 quarters for 4 weeks. Look at the stats -- most of NDSU's yards & points came in the 4th quarter, which speaks to a defense that was getting worn out. In fact, NDSU's only offensive TDs came in the 4th quarter. The NDSU faithful like to spin it like they "beat UNI in the trenches" but the reality is that, unlike the previous 4 weeks of games, they were able to hang around through the 3rd quarter and were able to wear down the D to the point they were able to make the final score semi-respectable.

It didn't help that the UNI offense didn't eat much clock, either. They made quicker work of the NDSU D than NDSU's O was able to do to UNI's .

crunifan
October 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I think we should add NDSU to the Valley just to square off with Wichita State fans. :)

I'd pay to see that! I wonder how fast the Shockers bowling national titles would come up...

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2009, 07:17 PM
People keep talking about Crawford being out but they don't realize that O'Brien challenged Crawford for the starting position at the beginning of the year. O'Brien is very capable

I personally would feel more comfortable with Craw at the helm right now. O'Brien has shown himself to be capable, but I think Craw's experience will be a big boost when we get him back.

jmc_jackrabbit
October 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I personally would feel more comfortable with Craw at the helm right now. O'Brien has shown himself to be capable, but I think Craw's experience will be a big boost when we get him back.

Talked to a couple of players today. They are pretty confident that Crawford's going to start this week.

Houndawg
October 13th, 2009, 10:05 PM
SIU always has a good chance of beating UNI -- they're a very good team.

That 500 yards becomes a lot less impressive when you realize the 1st team D hadn't played more than 2.5 quarters for 4 weeks. Look at the stats -- most of NDSU's yards & points came in the 4th quarter, which speaks to a defense that was getting worn out. In fact, NDSU's only offensive TDs came in the 4th quarter. The NDSU faithful like to spin it like they "beat UNI in the trenches" but the reality is that, unlike the previous 4 weeks of games, they were able to hang around through the 3rd quarter and were able to wear down the D to the point they were able to make the final score semi-respectable.

It didn't help that the UNI offense didn't eat much clock, either. They made quicker work of the NDSU D than NDSU's O was able to do to UNI's .

I noticed the clock thing too in their games with both of us. We'd score in three plays and the d was right back out there.

I wonder if we'll run wide a lot and try to gas your d line.

Big Al
October 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I wonder if we'll run wide a lot and try to gas your d line.

As long as your line can run-block, it's not a bad strategy. Of course, the danger is that while you will move down the field on the run, it will eat clock and UNI will simply lob a few bombs downfield and put SIU back behind.

Man, I really wish I didn't have to go to that stupid wedding this weekend.

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2009, 10:16 PM

You need to eat some under cooked chicken or something

LakesBison
October 14th, 2009, 12:43 AM
WOW. a SDSU football coach playing an injured QB. what a novel concept, its like de ja vu all over again. *sigh*

I hope NDSU players come out swinging.. I mean it seriously, the MVFC and their refs have it in for NDSU, so we might as well come out and intimidate them and get 2-3 ejections and rock that waste of a stadium in brookings!!

da_Bison
October 14th, 2009, 01:30 AM
WOW. a SDSU football coach playing an injured QB. what a novel concept, its like de ja vu all over again. *sigh*

I hope NDSU players come out swinging.. I mean it seriously, the MVFC and their refs have it in for NDSU, so we might as well come out and intimidate them and get 2-3 ejections and rock that waste of a stadium in brookings!!

You just continue to trump yourself yet again for another marvel idea, anyone who read what you had to say is now stupider. You truly are an embarrassment to all Bison Nation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew&feature=related

NorCalJack
October 14th, 2009, 01:34 AM

You guys can't even beat a team with an injured QB playing? That is sad.

I think NDSU has been playing with an injured QB for two years now.

xlolxxnodxxlolx

joecooll6
October 14th, 2009, 01:57 AM

Oh. My. God. Could you imagine an Arch Madness game between Wichita and NDSU.

joecooll6
October 14th, 2009, 02:06 AM

I agree. Nmatsen, why do you have to be such a jerk? Its not like were the only team to EVER win the conference. And weve never won a national title. Yes, we've had success, but we have been nowhere near perfect. And just because we have the best tradition in the MVFC doesnt mean the title is going to be handed to us every year. We still have to earn it, and to completely discredit SDSU is stupid. They are a very talented team, and we are going to have to go to THEIR place and try to beat them. It isnt going to be easy.

I dont know why UNI fans are being so rediculous this year. We've always been somewhat cocky, but this year its beyond, well beyond, what I've seen before. I would LOVE to see UNI, SIU and SDSU in the playoffs, and I am interested in ALL the games every week in our conference. Its funny becaue week 1 we all complain about the things Iowa fans said, then turned around and acted the exact same way to everyone else the rest of the year. Then, in basketball, we will go back to complaining about lack of respect again. Its hypocricy at its finest Panther fans.

At first, I sort of liked the swagger UNI fans were brining to the table this year that I hadnt seen before, but it has grown into a full blown self lovefest, and I dont like it. I always thought we were better than that, but this year we clearly are not.

da_Bison
October 14th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I agree. Nmatsen, why do you have to be such a jerk? Its not like were the only team to EVER win the conference. And weve never won a national title. Yes, we've had success, but we have been nowhere near perfect. And just because we have the best tradition in the MVFC doesnt mean the title is going to be handed to us every year. We still have to earn it, and to completely discredit SDSU is stupid. They are a very talented team, and we are going to have to go to THEIR place and try to beat them. It isnt going to be easy.

I dont know why UNI fans are being so rediculous this year. We've always been somewhat cocky, but this year its beyond, well beyond, what I've seen before. I would LOVE to see UNI, SIU and SDSU in the playoffs, and I am interested in ALL the games every week in our conference. Its funny becaue week 1 we all complain about the things Iowa fans said, then turned around and acted the exact same way to everyone else the rest of the year. Then, in basketball, we will go back to complaining about lack of respect again. Its hypocricy at its finest Panther fans.

At first, I sort of liked the swagger UNI fans were brining to the table this year that I hadnt seen before, but it has grown into a full blown self lovefest, and I dont like it. I always thought we were better than that, but this year we clearly are not.

Pride comes before the fall.... Bison fans were doing it in after our 06 and 07 seasons and big time heading into 08 season and , well we all know how that went. Now were getting alittle humble pie.

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2009, 07:23 AM
UNI 31 SIU 21

MSU 17 WIU 14

Ill St 41 Ind St 10

NDSU 14 SDSU 24

Jacks continue dominance of Bison at Brookings, making it a 10 year run.

UNIFanSince1983
October 14th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Can someone fill me in on whether or not Barr will be playing for the Leathernecks this week? What happened to him? He was looking like he was going to be all of their offense at the beginning of the year.

Houndawg
October 14th, 2009, 08:40 AM
As long as your line can run-block, it's not a bad strategy. Of course, the danger is that while you will move down the field on the run, it will eat clock and UNI will simply lob a few bombs downfield and put SIU back behind.

Swine flu, bro. Women always assume that they're about to catch whatever sickness Oprah is talking about.xnodx

Houndawg
October 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
You guys can't even beat a team with an injured QB playing? That is sad.

I think NDSU has been playing with an injured QB for two years now.

xlolxxnodxxlolx

He's not injured, he just has a funny throwing motion.xlolx

jmc_jackrabbit
October 14th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I'm hearing that Crawford is out for the NDSU game. He could play, but they don't want to risk it and have confidence in O'Brien.

MSUBear42
October 14th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Oh. My. God. Could you imagine an Arch Madness game between Wichita and NDSU. There wouldnt be any fans left at the end of the game! theyd all be ejected!

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
There wouldnt be any fans left at the end of the game! theyd all be ejected!

So now it's all Bison Fans :(

Big Al
October 14th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Well, to be fair, we know not all Bison fans could make the trip.

xthumbsupxxsmiley_wixxthumbsupx

MSUfan2010
October 14th, 2009, 10:27 AM
There wouldnt be any fans left at the end of the game! theyd all be ejected!

xwhistlexxthumbsupxxlolx

MSUBear42
October 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
So now it's all Bison Fans :(

Well, tell lakesbison to shut up!

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Well, tell lakesbison to shut up!

Cause that would definately work. xlmaoxxlmaox
There is only one way to shut up lakes and it looks like this and would be just as fun. xanim_chaix If onlyxrolleyesx

Houndawg
October 18th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Eleven pages and nobody picked SIU.:D

Now the rest of youse is gonna learn about the best defense in the FCS. xbowx

MSUBear42
October 18th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Eleven pages and nobody picked SIU.:D

Now the rest of youse is gonna learn about the best defense in the FCS. xbowx

No offense to SIU, because I know you're dang good, I still think UNI has the better personnel. Maybe it's just a feeling or just they way they played MSU. xtwocentsx

Houndawg
October 18th, 2009, 10:37 AM
No offense to SIU, because I know you're dang good, I still think UNI has the better personnel. Maybe it's just a feeling or just they way they played MSU. xtwocentsx

An interesting conclusion to reach before you've played us.xwhistlex

Big Al
October 19th, 2009, 12:00 AM
IlSU - Comfortably.
MSU - In a battle.
SDSU - But to be fair, NDSU will be the best 1-6 team in the nation.
UNI - It'll be tight until the start of the 4th quarter.

IlSU - The final score doesn't really show how securely they won.
MSU - Damn, it was a battle and then some!
SDSU - It's true.
SIU - *sigh* I called it, but not for the right team. Congrats, Flying Egyptian Dogs That Eat Children.