PDA

View Full Version : Lambert Cup voting results?

Pard4Life
December 15th, 2005, 08:34 PM
When are the Lambert Cup voting results going to be revealed? I think New Hampshire is going to be the shoo-in for the nubmer one team. Likely, UMass, Princeton, Brown will be on the list... Colgate, Lafayette from the PL, Richmond, (JMU, Hofstra?).

My picks:
1. UNH
2. Brown
3. Richmond
4. UMass
5. Colgate
6. Princeton
7. Lafayette
8. James Madison
9. Hofstra
10. Harvard

WUTNDITWAA
December 15th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Hey Pard, excuse my ignorance, but what is the Lambert Cup? :read:

ngineer
December 15th, 2005, 08:57 PM
I would call Brown and UNH a toss-up..but considering they lost to UNI on the plethora of turnovers I would pick them against the Bruins straight up. However, I have a little different take on the Top 10:
1. UNH
2. Brown
3. Richmond
4. Hofstra
5. UMass
6. Lafayette
7. Lehigh
8. JMU
9. Colgate
10. Princeton

Once you get past the top 3, the remaining 7 are interchangeable when trying to compare...

cosmo here
December 15th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I would call Brown and UNH a toss-up..but considering they lost to UNI on the plethora of turnovers I would pick them against the Bruins straight up. However, I have a little different take on the Top 10:
1. UNH
2. Brown
3. Richmond
4. Hofstra
5. UMass
6. Lafayette
7. Lehigh
8. JMU
9. Colgate
10. Princeton

Once you get past the top 3, the remaining 7 are interchangeable when trying to compare...

i know you have a brown helmet there, but if Lehigh finishes ahead of either of the Patriot League co-champions and I-AA playoff participants, there are some "voting inconsistencies" that should be addressed.

UAalum72
December 15th, 2005, 09:01 PM

The 323-member Eastern College Athletic Conference recognizes the top teams in the east with the Lambert Meadowlands Trophy for Division I-A, the LM Cup for I-AA, and teams of the year in D-II and D-III. It was first awarded in 1936.

Last year's announcement http://www.ecac.org/print.asp?id=475 (http://www.ecac.org/print.asp?id=475) was released on January 10 for the February 8 awards to Boston College, James Madison, West Chester, and Rowan.

MR. CHICKEN

DUH AWARD...FO'...I-AA...BEAST O' DUH EAST!.........:hyped:.........BRAWK!

kardplayer

From the ECAC website...
Established in 1936 as the "Lambert Trophy" to recognize supremacy in eastern college football, the award has since grown to recognize the best team in the East in Divisions I-A. The Lambert Cup will be awarded to Divisions I-AA, II and III teams.

To be eligible for the Lambert Meadowlands Award, a school must be located in the East or play half of its schedule against eligible Lambert teams. The territory includes New York, New Jersey, New England and Pennsylvania while teams in the bordering states of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia and the District of Columbia qualify if half of their schedule features eligible teams.

ngineer
December 15th, 2005, 09:12 PM

Don't know where Pard is at present, but since I'm here...The Lambert Cup is a trophy given to the top mid-size school in the East in football. Similar awards are given to the top I-A school and smaller schools, too. Now, the "Lambert Poll" ranks the top schools in the ECAC. Originally established by Victor and Henry Lambert, two New York jewelers, the Lambert Cup was to honor their father and recognize eastern college football supremacy.
In 1984, the Meadowlands Sports Complex was selected to sponsor the award. A lavish dinner and awards ceremony is held at Giant Stadium for the award winners. The award, now known as the ECAC Lambert Poll, includes the area from Maine to Virginia. A panel of seven regional media members does the weekly voting. Lehigh has won the award in 1957, 1961, 1974, 1975,1977,1980, 2001. Awards are given in each division I-A, I-AA, II, and III.
James Madison was the winner last year. Delaware, who'd guess, has won the mid/small school award more than anyone with 18. :read:

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Don't know where Pard is at present, but since I'm here...The Lambert Cup is a trophy given to the top mid-size school in the East in football. Similar awards are given to the top I-A school and smaller schools, too. Now, the "Lambert Poll" ranks the top schools in the ECAC. Originally established by Victor and Henry Lambert, two New York jewelers, the Lambert Cup was to honor their father and recognize eastern college football supremacy.
In 1984, the Meadowlands Sports Complex was selected to sponsor the award. A lavish dinner and awards ceremony is held at Giant Stadium for the award winners. The award, now known as the ECAC Lambert Poll, includes the area from Maine to Virginia. A panel of seven regional media members does the weekly voting. Lehigh has won the award in 1957, 1961, 1974, 1975,1977,1980, 2001. Awards are given in each division I-A, I-AA, II, and III.
James Madison was the winner last year. Delaware, who'd guess, has won the mid/small school award more than anyone with 18. :read:

HERE DAT GRIZZWALDS...........18 LAMBERTS..........BEAST O' DUH EAST!......BUK...BUK...BUK.......:eek:......BRAWK!

Hansel
December 15th, 2005, 09:27 PM
yet another case of east coast bias :p

Saint3333
December 15th, 2005, 09:30 PM
It should be the best team in the NORTHEAST, because we all know who the best team in the East would be. :nod:

blukeys
December 15th, 2005, 09:35 PM
yet another case of east coast bias :p

Gotta Love it Hansel!! An East Coast Award as evidence of an East Coast bias!!!

I know your post was tongue in cheek but still I believe there will be some YSU fans who thought that the selection committee screwed them again!!!!

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2005, 09:38 PM
It should be the best team in the NORTHEAST, because we all know who the best team in the East would be. :nod:

YA'LL ARE ENTITLED......TA DUH "CRACKER BARRELL CUP"............FO' DUH...TEAM MOST LIKELY.....TA SERVE.....CHICKEN 'N DUMPLIN'S........FO' DUH PRE-GAMER!.........:bawling:....waa waa....:bawling:............BRAWK!

ngineer
December 15th, 2005, 10:35 PM
i know you have a brown helmet there, but if Lehigh finishes ahead of either of the Patriot League co-champions and I-AA playoff participants, there are some "voting inconsistencies" that should be addressed.

Let's face it, any poll is subjective and, like I said, the bottom seven are interchangeable. However, I considered Lehigh's performance at Colgate in setting a record for an opposing team hanging 50 points a tilt in Lehigh's favor. Granted, Colgate eeked by Lafayette, but more so on Lafayette's mistakes. Lafayette beats Lehigh on a hail mary. It was tough enough for me to rank Lafayette ahead of Lehigh, but felt it my moral obligation. :p :D

WUTNDITWAA
December 15th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys. It sounds like a big deal up there. For obvious reasons, I'll throw my support behind Lafayette. :beerchug:

Pard4Life
December 16th, 2005, 12:11 AM
1. UNH
2. Brown
3. Richmond
4. Hofstra
5. UMass
6. Lafayette
7. Lehigh
8. JMU
9. Colgate
10. Princeton

Almost forgot about my own post.. the Lehigh people got the description down perfectly. In short.. the best in eastern football. I don't think Lehigh would be ranked that highly in the poll, but then again they do have the reputation card in their hand. I left Lehigh off the list due to the Holy Cross and Lafayette losses. Even though LU beat 'gate, I was thinking along the lines of... Colgate got the auto-bid, rank them the highest PL (plus that UMass win), 'gate beat Lafayette, and Lafayette beat Lehigh. I don't think Lehigh will be a 7, but they might sneak in at 9/10 by inching out Harvard. Believe it or not there were alot of teams on this list in October that will not be on there now... Holy Cross was 5 or 6, and William and Mary was up there too, same with Delaware.

I will be really surprised if Lafayette is not on the list. We were not on there last season, which was irksome. I don't even know when the last time we were given Lambert recognition. Plus, the A-10 was down this year in terms of records, along with a nationally recognized defense, so we should make the list.

Brown and UNH would be a toss up if UNH didn't blow out everyone except Hofstra, UMass, and losing to then top-ranked WM. Brown did lose only once... a crazy 2OT game to Harvard... but I think the A-10 repuataion and strength will pull its weight here for a smooth UNH trophpy grab.

But, in tribute to the Albany poster, I think we might see some NEC teams on the Lambert Cup poll in the future due to their decision to award scholarships. If we get an undefeated Monmouth or Albany w/ schollies one year... we might see them in the Top 10.