PDA

View Full Version : OVC results

JaxSinfonian
October 10th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Tennessee State (3-3, 2-0) provides the surprise of the day with an upset of #16 Eastern Kentucky (3-2, 3-1), 20-17.

#18 Jacksonville State (4-2, 2-0) rolled up another big win, this time over Murray State (1-4, 0-2), 41-7.

#25 Eastern Illinois (4-2, 2-1) fell hard to Penn State, 52-3.

Tennessee Tech improved to 3-2, 2-1 in conference play with a 35-28 win over UT-Martin (2-4, 1-2).

Austin Peay State (2-4, 1-2) was a 24-14 winner over Southeast Missouri State (1-5, 0-4).

TTUEagles
October 10th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sooooo proud of my Tennessee TECH Golden Eagles for picking up a huge win today on the road! Some of those young Eagles from last year are growing up and may still yet continue to make some noise in the conference. Also, Lee Sweeney became TECH's all-time leading passer today. Congratulations!

GO T E C H! xnodx

JSU02
October 10th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Will be interesting to see who wins OVC offensive player of the week tomorrow. I think it will be neck and neck between Sweeney and RP.
Both threw for 318 yrds, but RP had 50 yrds rushing as well
Sweeney had 2 TDs, RP had 3TDs
Both had 1 int
I think with stats being close, people will vote for Sweeney just because RP won it the last 4 weeks, but we will see.

TTUEagles
October 10th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Possibly...Also, due to Sweeney breaking a career record, and his team winning a mild upset, that might sway some votes.

Cocky
October 11th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Not bad to win 41-7 and the performance of the team being what it was. If this team will play to their abilities and not like Saturday we should be able to put 40+ up every week.

tsutiger
October 11th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I'm glad the NCAA took out JSU. Also glad the OVC schedule makers left JSU off our schedule this year. That team is a monster. Should be ranked alot higher.

With this win vs. EKU we are in the driver seat to win the OVC championship. If we finish with 1 loss we win the conference.

Thanks JSU, I'm pulling for you to go undefeated in Conference. xthumbsupx

Cocky
October 11th, 2009, 11:21 AM
We shouldn't lose unless we beat ourselves. With Jack at the helm it is possible.

ekufbfan
October 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I'm glad the NCAA took out JSU. Also glad the OVC schedule makers left JSU off our schedule this year. That team is a monster. Should be ranked alot higher.

With this win vs. EKU we are in the driver seat to win the OVC championship. If we finish with 1 loss we win the conference.

Thanks JSU, I'm pulling for you to go undefeated in Conference. xthumbsupx

Some thoughts on the EKU-TSU game last night: xoopsx

Makes me sick, out offense last night couldn't have put many points up on a Jr. high team

BIG men on TSU's offensive and defensive lines, 65 is a BIGGGGGG guy, he hasn't been missing many meals

EKU once again has put themselves in a must win every game position

TSU wanted the game more and their Coach's did a heck of a job

TSU's running game killed us, something no one else has done this season

Watch us DROOOOOOPPPPPP....... in the polls, crap!

EKU05
October 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Some thoughts on the EKU-TSU game last night: xoopsx

Makes me sick, out offense last night couldn't have put many points up on a Jr. high team

BIG men on TSU's offensive and defensive lines, 65 is a BIGGGGGG guy, he hasn't been missing many meals

EKU once again has put themselves in a must win every game position

TSU wanted the game more and their Coach's did a heck of a job

TSU's running game killed us, something no one else has done this season

Watch us DROOOOOOPPPPPP....... in the polls, crap!

I've been trying to justify Mike Springston continuing to be the OC at EKU in my head, but I'm having a lot of trouble. Based on the talent level I doubt there is a more underachieving offense in all of college football. The game management of that last drive was probably the most embarrased I've ever been for our football team.

Give TSU credit though. The came to play, and they deserved that win long before they took the final knee.