PDA

View Full Version : Meyer Wins Payton!

Tom W
December 15th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Congrats to a great player and leader! You were a blast to Watch!

slostang
December 15th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Congratulations to both Erik Meyer and Eastern Washington. I saw Meyer in person twice in the last two years and all I can say is that he is an unbelievable QB. He was at his best when a play would break down. He played with confidence and a calmness that reminded me of Joe Montana. I look forward to watching him on Sundays in the near future.

eagle1
December 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM
That is AWESOME news!!!! He is very deserving of this award and Eagle fans wish him the best at the next level. Go Eagles!!!

Tom W
December 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM
It was a treat watching the Best Offensive and the Best Defensive players in the country chasing each other around the field at the same time!

ASU Kep
December 15th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Congrats, EWU folks!

blackfordpu
December 15th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Congrats to Meyer!!

Can someone post all of the I-AA award winners?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Hell yeah, Meyer did it! He is an incredible player and I'm glad he won; he's totally deserving. I can't wait to watch him play on Sundays either! Congrats E Money!

EWURanger
December 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Congrats to Meyer! Sweet!

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2005, 07:31 PM
OK OK....HE'S GOOD..............BUT RICKY'S............:bow:.............BRAWK!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 15th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Is it just me or is IAA is loaded with QB talent this year?

colgate13
December 15th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Great!

Now, who won the Payton?

kalm
December 15th, 2005, 07:49 PM
:nod: :hyped: :hurray: :) :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Congrats to Eric and congrats to Gocong. Nice to see some left coast bias :cool:

Appalachian
December 15th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Great!

Now, who won the Payton?

Yes, Payton, as in Walter!

blukeys
December 15th, 2005, 08:28 PM

When it comes to the skill positions I-AA is loaded every year. It had to be a close vote. Congrats to Erik :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Go Omar :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Blue42
December 15th, 2005, 09:06 PM
After having seen Meyer play in person and several of the other candidates play on TV, I wouldn't take issue at all with this pick. He was a player.

grizband
December 15th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Seriously, think about all the great QBs we had an opportunity to watch this year in I-AA:
Meyer
Santons
Williams
Lulay
Eugene
Martin
Nealy
Sanders
Sambursky
sorry if I forgot anyone.

We got to watch alot of other good offensive players, but damn, that is one fine group of QBs.

slostang
December 15th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Seriously, think about all the great QBs we had an opportunity to watch this year in I-AA:
Meyer
Santons
Williams
Lulay
Eugene
Martin
Nealy
Sanders
Sambursky
sorry if I forgot anyone.

We got to watch alot of other good offensive players, but damn, that is one fine group of QBs.

With the exception of Lulay and Eugene, they all led their teams to the 2005 playoffs. I am sure there will an equally impressive list next year. Go I-AA.

griz37
December 15th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Congrats to Erik Meyer, glad to see this award back in the Big Sky conference

RadMann
December 15th, 2005, 10:03 PM
The award is named for Walter Payton, not Peyton Manning... ;)

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/products/large/11666000/11666243.jpg

Aggie71
December 15th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Ummmmmmmm....Grant

Mr. C
December 16th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Meyer edged Santos by five points in the closest Payton Award vote of all-time. It was a fun night at the awards banquet. All the participants seemed like great guys. I particularly liked talking to Nick Hartigan of Brown, who finished third. He said him and his Brown teammates were too upset to watch the first round of the playoffs on TV, because they wanted to play in them so badly.

bluehenbillk
December 16th, 2005, 06:45 AM
The Payton turns into the Heisman, they pick the wrong guy most of the time, Ricky Santos we apologize.

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 06:51 AM
The Payton turns into the Heisman, they pick the wrong guy most of the time, Ricky Santos we apologize.

Santos is very diserving of the award, but so was Meyer. Santos will become the only I-AA player in history to win it twice over the next two years, remember he is just a sophmore on pace for 14,000 yds and 140 TD's he will only get better. Congrats to Meyer.

colgate13
December 16th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Santos might win it, but the cards are stacked against him to win it twice. Best shot is next year, then a drop off when Ball graduates... Just my opinion...

Granite
December 16th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Meyer edged Santos by five points in the closest Payton Award vote of all-time. It was a fun night at the awards banquet. All the participants seemed like great guys. I particularly liked talking to Nick Hartigan of Brown, who finished third. He said him and his Brown teammates were too upset to watch the first round of the playoffs on TV, because they wanted to play in them so badly.

Wow, congratulations to both Meyer and Santos. I would have loved Ricky to win (obviously), but he does have the next 2 years ahead of him - hopefully another motivational tool for Ricky and UNH! :)

Seriously, congrats to EWU and to Erik - I would have loved to watch him play.

LacesOut
December 16th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Ditto for me what Granite just said.

Congrats to Meyer and I wish I could have seen him play a few games.

SunCoastBlueHen
December 16th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Santos is very diserving of the award, but so was Meyer. Santos will become the only I-AA player in history to win it twice over the next two years, remember he is just a sophmore on pace for 14,000 yds and 140 TD's he will only get better. Congrats to Meyer.

Santos will have a better shot next year than his senior year when Ball will have moved on.

UNH 40
December 16th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Santos will have a better shot next year than his senior year when Ball will have moved on.

agreed, good call. Congrate to Meyers to bad we never got to see him play.

89Hen
December 16th, 2005, 11:11 AM
He said him and his Brown teammates were too upset to watch the first round of the playoffs on TV, because they wanted to play in them so badly.
That is good news. We need more Ivy players, coaches, alums... to feel this way and maybe they'll finally see the hypocracy of their ways and join us in the playoffs. :nod: :beerchug: