PDA

View Full Version : Elon hosts Chattanooga in 2 weekends

whoanellie
October 10th, 2009, 07:04 PM
a major match up is looming

Elon will host UTC in 2 weeks 10/24 after they play Ga Southern on the 14th.
UTC took down a scrappy Samford squad 14-7.
Elon bested The Citadel edging the military school of south carolina 43-7. xbowx

chattanoogamocs
October 10th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I assume y'all have your off week coming up?

Hopefully the Mocs can pick up another fluke win before heading over to North Carolina. :)

straightshooter
October 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM

Hopefully the Mocs can pick up another fluke win before heading over to North Carolina. :)

Don't count on it.

whoanellie
October 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM

yes Elon has an open date this weekend,
I'm thinking last year We had 9 straight weeks without a break and it wore us out.
this break will heal a lot of nicks and pains.
UTC goes to Statesboro. 3 pretty tough weeks counting today at SU.
Furman's win vs UTC looks very big.
GaSouthern's better shake off today's idiotic paring at UNC.

straightshooter
October 10th, 2009, 08:56 PM
GSU actually played much better than the score indicates. They had seven turnovers, but they held UNC under 300 yards in total offense - only 62 total yards in the second half and 0 points. GSU gave up a pick 6 and a fumble returned for a TD. The offense struggled against UNC's Top 10 nationally D, but they played very well on D. They even recorded a safety in the second half.

LAWdiddy
October 10th, 2009, 09:10 PM
So? Unc's offense is abysmal since their whole entire O-Line got hurt.

JSU02
October 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
GO NOOGA!

seantaylor
October 10th, 2009, 11:16 PM
GSU has the worst coach in FCS. Our defense is actually pretty nice. But, we are an afterthought until Chris Hatcher gets fired.

GATA
October 11th, 2009, 01:54 AM
GSU has the worst coach in FCS. Our defense is actually pretty nice. But, we are an afterthought until Chris Hatcher gets fired.

So we replaced the worst coach in the history of FCS football (BVG) with the worst coach currently in FCS football (Hatcher)? What luck!!!

If we had some ****ing talent we might be able to win a game. We're a ****ing high school team.

elon77
October 11th, 2009, 05:34 AM
So we replaced the worst coach in the history of FCS football (BVG) with the worst coach currently in FCS football (Hatcher)? What luck!!!

If we had some ****ing talent we might be able to win a game. We're a ****ing high school team.

Gata, are you in a bad mood? Just what do you think of the coach?xlolxxlolx

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2009, 06:50 AM
yes Elon has an open date this weekend,
I'm thinking last year We had 9 straight weeks without a break and it wore us out.
this break will heal a lot of nicks and pains.
UTC goes to Statesboro. 3 pretty tough weeks counting today at SU.
Furman's win vs UTC looks very big.
GaSouthern's better shake off today's idiotic paring at UNC.

I didn't think I'd look back in week 6 and see another lopsided win against UTC as a clutch victory.

I'm not sure the Mocs have the talent to compete for the conference title right now, but they are are a talented team playing with energy, and that can be dangerous for anyone.

phoenix3
October 11th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I watched part of the UTC v Samford game on Sportsouth. That kid they have playing QB has a laser arm. I'm not sure if he's been like this all year but if every receiver that got hit in the hands with the ball yesterday had made the catch, UTC would likely have had a much higher score.

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I watched part of the UTC v Samford game on Sportsouth. That kid they have playing QB has a laser arm. I'm not sure if he's been like this all year but if every receiver that got hit in the hands with the ball yesterday had made the catch, UTC would likely have had a much higher score.

Most FU fans I spoke with who were at the game in Chattanooga came away impressed with the Mocs.

I don't know if I'm ready to put the Mocs in the mix for the conference title, but I think they will be good enough to pull another upset and maybe really throw a wrench in the conference race.

whoanellie
October 11th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I watched part of the UTC v Samford game on Sportsouth. That kid they have playing QB has a laser arm. I'm not sure if he's been like this all year but if every receiver that got hit in the hands with the ball yesterday had made the catch, UTC would likely have had a much higher score. i believe he is the UT transfer.

appfan2008
October 11th, 2009, 09:08 AM
chatty is for real!... never thought I would say that...

phoenix3
October 11th, 2009, 09:33 AM
chatty is for real!... never thought I would say that...

I agree! It'll be interesting to watch what they do the rest of the season. With the quality of athlete they have, they should be at least in the upper echelon of the conference next year after a year of experience playing together.

PaladinNation
October 11th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I was impressed with the Mocs after seeing them play against Furman. I also expected them to play Samford tough and possibly win.

Chatty did not matchup well against Furman, mainly because Furman doesn't just run right at you and try to throw over the top. Furman ran it's typical game plan of multiple offensive sets and moved up and down the field, scored 38 points and ended the game inside the Mocs 10 yard line. After watching the Samford/UTC game, I was impressed with the UTC defense, they played hard and played a bend but don't break style. And it was very effective Samford could not consistently move the ball, or get points once in the redzone.

Elon and Furman are very similar in ability… I think Elon will force Coleman to move around and get him out of his rhythm… and I would expect some turnovers. Riddle is very good on foot, and he improvises very well. I actually think the more UTC pressures Riddle the more problems he could create for the Moc defense.

Nothing against Chattanooga but I'm guessing Elon will win by three touchdowns.

longtimemocfan
October 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=whoanellie;1431373]i believe he is the UT transfer.[/QUOYTE]

longtimemocfan
October 11th, 2009, 02:20 PM
i believe he is the UT transfer.

Yes you are indeed correct...Was a legit 4-star recruit from Chattanooga....Not sure what the deal is with the dropped passes. One of the receivers that has had a case of the drops is a 5th year senior.

PaladinFan
October 11th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Yes you are indeed correct...Was a legit 4-star recruit from Chattanooga....Not sure what the deal is with the dropped passes. One of the receivers that has had a case of the drops is a 5th year senior.

Being a great athlete and having great hands aren't often the same thing. Look at UGA's receiving corps for example.

chattanoogamocs
October 11th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Blue (5th year senior) should have caught his pass.

The other major drop (that would have been an easy TD) was Bo Dyer...who is a freshman (and I believe he is only a partial schollie player). So, I can cut him a little slack.

That was one of those classic "he was already thinking about the TD before he actually caught the ball" plays. He was wiiiiiiiiide open :)