UNHFootballAlum
October 10th, 2009, 03:10 PM
It was a great game and a great win for UNH

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Congrats! Full house?

UNHFootballAlum
October 10th, 2009, 03:12 PM
From what the announceer said there were about 15K in attendance. twice capacity

WrenFGun
October 10th, 2009, 03:13 PM
14,000+, so yes, and then some.

Best game I've ever seen at Cowell.

Will
October 10th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I was at the game, and it really could've gone either way. UNH got off to a GREAT start and I believe scored 17 first-quarter points if i remember correctly. Sicko had a few huge receptions for major yardage.

It was very windy out, and the team that was going into the wind was at a big disadvantage. UNH had the wind at their backs in the 1st and 4th quarter, Villanova had it in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

UNH defense did a very nice job in the 2nd half of holding Villanova to field goals and the interception in the 4th quarter at the 12 yard line was the biggest play of the game! Who intercepted that? Villanova has a great running game but was not very effective in the air.

Old Cat Fan
October 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Congrats! Full house?

Yes full house 15,500 which is overload at the old stadium. Fantastic game nail biter down to the end, Good to see the Cats play a solid all out effort on both sides of the ball. Suprise that we didn't see Decker at the end, Toman had zero mobilty and Nova new it..Sicko with a couple of huge receptions to set a scores. UNH needs a big powerback for short yardage. This win could be the difference for a Home playoff game although UMASS will be ready next week. No rest in the CAA

Old Cat Fan
October 10th, 2009, 03:25 PM
14,000+, so yes, and then some.

Best game I've ever seen at Cowell.

Yes it was nice to see a close one go the Cats way, the two that will haunt me always were the App St and UNI playoff losses but put this game in with those two as the three best for intensity and drama that I can remember at Classic Cowell xthumbsupx

UNHFootballAlum
October 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I was also surprised not to see Decker in the game as Toman could not move and was no threat to run. I will say that his experience also was big with the throws he made.

Will
October 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I thought Toman was pretty much back to 100%? He was up and down today, had some nice long throws and a few horrible overthrows.

paward
October 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Congrats to UNH. You guys are the real deal!

Will
October 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Sicko had 3 receptions for 135 yards and a touchdown.

Who had the interception in the 4th for UNH?

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Sicko had 3 receptions for 135 yards and a touchdown.

Who had the interception in the 4th for UNH?

That's just...sick!!:D

I'm sure that's only the thousandth time that phrase has been used...the kid is very good!xthumbsupx

R3TRO
October 10th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Terrence Klein had the interception I believe..

rcny46
October 10th, 2009, 04:37 PM
You're right,R3TRO,it was Terrence Klein with the interception.

smcwildcat
October 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM
so happy for sicko and the unh d...toman was limping we will see how this week goes

Old Cat Fan
October 10th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I thought Toman was pretty much back to 100%? He was up and down today, had some nice long throws and a few horrible overthrows.

His foot was getting worse as the game went on, by the end he was limping back to the huddle like a one legged pirate after every play, Nova was feeding on that knowing he was no threat to run, the one time he did run he slid feet first about two yards short of the first down marker where if he was a 100% it would of been a easy first down for him. However he did make some great throws in a very windy game that was playing havoc with the ball. xnodx

Old Cat Fan
October 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Congrats to UNH. You guys are the real deal!

Thanks the CAA is a tough place to be, hope the CAA teams don't beat each other up so much that there is only 1 or 2 left standing going into the playoffs xeekx

UNH SUPERFAN
October 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I was very suprised that #5 was in at Qb instead of #17 at the end of the game for Villanova when they needed to pass the ball. 5 was not a passing threat.

I also consider this the best game I have seen at UNH for drama.

ASU_Fanatic
October 10th, 2009, 09:07 PM
UNH has a great team this year.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Great Job, Sean & Co. Congratulations!

grizfan88
October 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I was very suprised that #5 was in at Qb instead of #17 at the end of the game for Villanova when they needed to pass the ball. 5 was not a passing threat.

I also consider this the best game I have seen at UNH for drama.

I believe Chris Whitney was hurt was hurt in the 3rd quarter.

UNHFootballAlum
October 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Young is the better pure passer and I think that is why he was in the game at that point

LacesOut
October 10th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Booooo! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha just kidding!

Great win, UNH, congrats!

Wildcat80
October 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Terrific game! Fantastic gameday crowd! GREAT WIN by UNH!!! Our stars came to play----Toman, Sicko, Kackert had huge games. Manning was clutch when needed. Except for the one run by Scuzur...defense played terrific team defense too. Both teams had their chances with the wind in the 2nd half--we got a little more done in the 1st half. Coach Mac was fired up for this one--nice job by the UNH coaches all around. Up til now every team was doubling Sicko. Nova decided not to cover him at all!!?? I might send a few power run plays in to the UNH offices--just for kicks. I too was expecting Deck in for a few QB option plays--RJ was walking fast at best on them. But a overall statement game by UNH--we are for real!!!! Relax today--UMASS up next. GO CATS!!!xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

Uncle Buck
October 11th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Great win for UNH, the team to beat in the North...maybe the conference???

93henfan
October 11th, 2009, 04:36 PM
UNH HUGE!!! :p

So glad this is a year we don't face them. CAA South teams with UNH on the sched and an FBS (Nova, W&M and Towson).... youch.

Gordon Shumway
October 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM
UNH HUGE!!! :p

So glad this is a year we don't face them. CAA South teams with UNH on the sched and an FBS (Nova, W&M and Hofstra).... youch.

OK, I'll bite. When did Hofstra move to the South Division? Not sure if Hofstra or Towson should be offended by your mixup.xlolx

Uncle Buck
October 11th, 2009, 05:44 PM
OK, I'll bite. When did Hofstra move to the South Division? Not sure if Hofstra or Towson should be offended by your mixup.xlolx

After gaining 500+ yards in offense, turning it over 7 times and still managing a way to blow it in the last minute of regulation when we should have been down by 40, we should be kicked out of the conference.

32 first downs to 11 for Maine, over 200 yards more of offense and we can't figure out how to score points or throw the ball to our own color. We stink. I will take offense to nothing at this point. xbawlingx

93henfan
October 11th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Oopsy! xoopsx