PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly vs Montana

Griz0383
October 9th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Big game happening in Montana and it is so quiet in the AGS community! What up?

GoAgs72
October 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Logically, I should pick Montana but I will be a Great West homer and pick Cal Poly 24-21. I have felt all along that Montana would lose at least one between UC Davis, Cal Poly, Weber State, Eastern Washington and Montana State. If Cal Poly wins, it will make the UC Davis / Cal Poly game that much more interesting.

Bronco
October 9th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I've been busy writting a nasty letter to Al Gore and looking for my long Johns.

Ronbo
October 9th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I've been busy writting a nasty letter to Al Gore and looking for my long Johns.

You're writing the wrong guy. Isn't this 2nd ice age Bush's fault? Everything bad that happens over the next 8 years will be blamed on him, the GOP, and Fox News.xlolx

griz8791
October 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Logically, I should pick Montana but I will be a Great West homer and pick Cal Poly 24-21. I have felt all along that Montana would lose at least one between UC Davis, Cal Poly, Weber State, Eastern Washington and Montana State. If Cal Poly wins, it will make the UC Davis / Cal Poly game that much more interesting.

GoAgs, that makes you the first person I know of to pick against us. I am a superstitious guy anyway and I find this week's predictions deeply disquieting.

PantherRob82
October 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I've seen the Griz twice and Mustangs once. I say the Griz should walk away with this one.

Silenoz
October 9th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty confident the Griz will win. If we drop a game it will probably be to Eastern or *shudder* the Cats

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I am stoked about going to this game, I am headed out of the office in about an hour to drive up. I hope those Idaho bastids have found their snow plows! xnodx

bluehenbillk
October 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
East Coast Bias

Griz0383
October 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
It is freakin cold in Montana and this could be a factor! Hard to believe 2 weeks ago it was in the 80's and I was sweating my ass off in the stands. Tonight it's supposed to get down to ZERO! WTF? I am not ready for this crap, Go Grizzzz!!!

LacesOut
October 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Lets go Poly!!!!!

Pitz
October 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Tonight it's supposed to get down to ZERO! WTF? I am not ready for this crap

Haha, fitting avatar.

GoAgs72
October 9th, 2009, 12:46 PM
It gets down to zero at both Davis and San Luis Obispo occasionally. You are talking Celsius not Fahrenheit, right?

RowdyRabbit
October 9th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I'd love to see Cal Poly win this one, but I just don't see Montana losing this game.

Away team - 14
Home team - 31

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 9th, 2009, 12:49 PM
It gets down to zero at both Davis and San Luis Obispo occasionally. You are talking Celsius not Fahrenheit, right?

No, I am betting he is talking Fahrenheit. xeekx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 9th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I am hitting the road, wish me luck! :)

Bill Hanson
October 9th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Fahrenheit I would assume.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 9th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty confident the Griz will win. If we drop a game it will probably be to Eastern or *shudder* the Cats

Well, I'll get to find in person, as I'll be there next weekend in! I've gone to the previous two meetings in Missoula, and EWU is 1-1, although if it weren't for the last second heroics of Michael Bagley, EWU would be 2-0. No matter the outcome, it will be a hell of a game. For some reason we play better in WA-Griz than at home against the Griz. I think our players feed off the noise and hostility of that venue.

montanafan
October 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I am hitting the road, wish me luck! :)

Careful Utah. The passes will be tough and they are saying the highway will have "blizard like" conditions. Stop in Idaho Falls and get a strong cup of coffe, fill up the gas tank, and then take your time. Not very fun going over the passes this time of year when a big rig passes you and throws snow all over your windshield and blinds you for what seems like forever.

Silenoz
October 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Ryan Bagley*

gbhmt
October 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Well, I'll get to find in person, as I'll be there next weekend in! I've gone to the previous two meetings in Missoula, and EWU is 1-1, although if it weren't for the last second heroics of Michael Bagley, EWU would be 2-0. No matter the outcome, it will be a hell of a game. For some reason we play better in WA-Griz than at home against the Griz. I think our players feed off the noise and hostility of that venue.

Or maybe the Eagles just get down every time they play the Griz at home and see that the visiting fans outnumber theirs. ;) xpeacex

catatac
October 9th, 2009, 03:38 PM
23 - 20... Cal Poly. Griz are still ironing out some wrinkles and Cal Poly will expose some of them.

gbhmt
October 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
23 - 20... Cal Poly. Griz are still ironing out some wrinkles and Cal Poly will expose some of them.

You know that's what a bye week is for...

Grizaholic17
October 9th, 2009, 07:40 PM
You know that's what a bye week is for...

Bye weeks don't solve those problems though...it's my biggest worry as well. I wish the Griz could just start rolling after the first game, but it seems like 5 games is what it takes until we are at our peak!

coover
October 9th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Poly will surprise, but the Griz, with their huge home field advantage, will win by 3.

Poly, after an easy win over a poor Sacramento State played two mediocre FBS teams and lost, but in the process, learned a lot about themselves, their strengths, and their weaknesses. They put some of that information together last week against South Dakota State where they showed that they had decent defense and an offense which can move the ball. Of course, it was the defense which won the game, but the offense showed a lot of promise. I think they'll put it all together this week and if Montana is expecting an easy win, they will lose.

100%GRIZ
October 9th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Cal Polyanna fumble 4 times and the Griz get 3 of them - Griz going away!!!

mtgrizfan4life
October 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
24-10 GRIZ.

100%GRIZ
October 9th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Cal Polyanna coughs up 4 fumbles - the Griz get 3 - The Griz win going away!!!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 9th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Careful Utah. The passes will be tough and they are saying the highway will have "blizard like" conditions. Stop in Idaho Falls and get a strong cup of coffe, fill up the gas tank, and then take your time. Not very fun going over the passes this time of year when a big rig passes you and throws snow all over your windshield and blinds you for what seems like forever.

The roads were great, I made it in about 7 hours from Salt Lake to Missoula. Nothing but clear sailing and it's nice to be back in Missoual! xthumbsupx

Griz0383
October 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM
The griz rushng attack must get going today! Without it, the stingy Poly " D " will make the O predictable and put a lot of pressure on the passing game. 17 degrees is the predicted game time temp and it will be tough to catch the ball. Normally we don't see these temps until the playoffs and have had weeks to get used to it! I'm cold already! xbawlingx One plus is the Griz fans are always much more lively(loud) when its cold!xthumbsupx

Ronbo
October 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_e2b2b402-b53c-11de-87ac-001cc4c002e0.html

Poker Alan
October 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
The roads were great, I made it in about 7 hours from Salt Lake to Missoula. Nothing but clear sailing and it's nice to be back in Missoual! xthumbsupx

Glad to hear you made it well, I lived in SLC for a decade before recently moving back to Missoula, made that drive more times than I cared, and it can be hairy. You ever go to Lumpys for Griz games?

Off to go find some bloody marys on the frat house lawns while Homecoming Parade floats stream by... GO GRIZ!!!

Oh yeah, Griz 21-20

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_e2b2b402-b53c-11de-87ac-001cc4c002e0.html

...talked to my mom yesterday and she told me they got 21" of snow mondayxeekxxeekxxeekx...it was 94 here yesterday (104 heat index)xeekxxeekxxeekx...oh well, wish I was therexnodx

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I am going to shoot somebody if this feed doesn't start working.

malibudude
October 10th, 2009, 03:05 PM
10-7 Poly midway through the second. Montana has only one first down...but it was a big one. Mariani for 84 yards.

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Are you watching the game somewhere?

malibudude
October 10th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Are you watching the game somewhere?

B2 tv. Go to Gopoly.com and hit football schedule and video. Takes a minute to load. Montana recovers a fumble at midfield. 6 minutes to go in the 2nd.

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM
B2 isn't working for me

malibudude
October 10th, 2009, 03:20 PM
17-7 Poly. 1 minute left in the half. Lot of turnovers on both sides. Montana, I believe still only has one FD.

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
B2 isn't working for me

Lucky you...we've turned the ball over 4 times since I started watchingxmadx

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
TD MONTANA!

malibudude
October 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
17-14 Montana.

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Well all I know is we've turned over the ball four times and have the game within three. Take that away and hopefully we'll be alright in the second half.

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM
What are you gonna tell 'em at half, coach?
Coach Hauck - "hang on to the damn ball"

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Well all I know is we've turned over the ball four times and have the game within three. Take that away and hopefully we'll be alright in the second half.

Did you get it to work?....I had to try several times...I finally got it to work about halfway through the first qtr

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Did you get it to work?....I had to try several times...I finally got it to work about halfway through the first qtr

No it's still not working but I (accidentally) somehow found a feed on grizcentral.com

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 03:57 PM
That was a TERRIBLE spot

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Adventures In ball Spotting II - the sequel

malibudude
October 10th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Still does not make up for your 4th down spot in 2006.

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Here's a thought: how about we don't throw the ball, as it always results in a pick, and instead run the ball with our star running back?

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Still does not make up for your 4th down spot in 2006.

xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx...Live in the now!...2006....good Lordxrolleyesx

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Selle or Roper...I'd like to see us stick with one qb

malibudude
October 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM
TD Montana. 21-17 Montana

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 04:29 PM
F'N BS!!!

putter
October 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM
How about that bs interference call

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM
That PI call was laughable.

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Clutch tackle by Mullins there.

malibudude
October 10th, 2009, 04:39 PM
28-17 Montana. Another bomb to Mariani.

malibudude
October 10th, 2009, 04:48 PM
28-23 Montana. 7 minutes to play

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Selle is doing his best Cole Bergquist impression.

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Poly's defense is getting predictable.

putter
October 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
4th and 6 Poly with 1:58 left. Incomplete - Griz ball

putter
October 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Wow, Griz win 35 -23. Impressive consideing the Griz had what, 6 turnovers.

uofmman1122
October 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Holy cow, Marc Mariani 6 catches for 200 yards and two scores! xbowx xbowx

If the Griz could learn to start every game like they finish them, I'd have them #1. xlolx

mlbowl
October 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Wow, Griz win 35 -23. Impressive consideing the Griz had what, 6 turnovers.

The D really stepped it up in the 2nd half...well, other than that two play 30 second drive:)

Griz0383
October 10th, 2009, 08:08 PM
That was a awesome game! Montana Offense played horrible most of the first half and faught the refs all day and still got it done! What a great 2nd have for both sides of the ball. The 2 QB rotation is growing on me! A nice win!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 10th, 2009, 09:58 PM
That was an awesome game and it was fun to watch. I do have one thing that I would really like to see...........

Get Mariani and Reynolds the ball more!!!! Find ways to get them the ball in open field and they will make plays. They did make plays when they got the ball, get it to them more and in better situations. xpeacex

Green26
October 10th, 2009, 10:07 PM
The PI call on Swink was a bad call, but so was the PI call on CP on one of Mariani's long TD's. There was no interference on either play.

Ball-spotting was pretty bad at times, especially from the guy on the UM sideline in the second half.

Bad call on the celebration penalty on UM kickoff coverage.

Grizaholic17
October 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
That was a awesome game! Montana Offense played horrible most of the first half and faught the refs all day and still got it done! What a great 2nd have for both sides of the ball. The 2 QB rotation is growing on me! A nice win!

The 2 QB rotation where Selle comes in and dominates and Roeper gets lucky....or throws directly to a CP that is surrounded by two other CP corners?

uofmman1122
October 11th, 2009, 09:25 AM
The 2 QB rotation where Selle comes in and dominates and Roeper gets lucky....or throws directly to a CP that is surrounded by two other CP corners?My thoughts exactly.

I like Roper, but man, without his TD pass where Mariani did all the work, he would have been terrible yesterday. Right now Selle is just flat out playing better.

Peems
October 11th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I feel differently. Both QBs are lucky that we have so much talent around them. but neither of them were real impressive. I feel like Roper is a more natural QB and better passer. But Selle knows the offense better and is more of a manager. Let's just say that if we were down two scores in the fourth i'd rather have roper back there then Selle.

Silenoz
October 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Pretty funny story after the game. Eating at the Depot, some guy comes up to me to me and asks "Stockton?". No idea what he was talking about, until I see Houston and his dad are at the table next to us. And then the guy sits down, and I see it's Selle's dad xlolx

Silenoz
October 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Highlights are up:

http://montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8311&m=18

Green26
October 11th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Selle is:

5th in the nation in passing efficiency,

has 1 interception (in 5 games; this is tied for 3rd best in the nation, behind two Ivy qb's who haven't thrown many passes or played as many games),

has 10 TD passes (despite sharing time with Roper; this is only two less than Herrick of NAU),

has the 3rd best TD percentage in the nation,

is averaging 5.5 yards per carry and is the 3rd leading rusher on the team; and

hasn't fumbled the ball or missed a hand off;

IN:

the 11th best passing offense in the nation,

the 14th best total offense in the nation, and

the 7th best scoring offense in the nation.

That seems terrific to me for a first year starting qb, who is still having to share time with another qb.

techstate
October 14th, 2009, 01:42 AM
The 2 QB rotation where Selle comes in and dominates and Roeper gets lucky....or throws directly to a CP that is surrounded by two other CP corners?

I think the 2 rotation is a good idea just to give Roper a crash course in the offense. I don't know if Selle is leaving next year or not, but its a good idea to keep Roper playing so he is ready to lead next year.

uofmman1122
October 14th, 2009, 01:58 AM
I think the 2 rotation is a good idea just to give Roper a crash course in the offense. I don't know if Selle is leaving next year or not, but its a good idea to keep Roper playing so he is ready to lead next year.Selle's here next year, too, and if he keeps it up, we won't need Roper in a rotation.

The sooner we get out of the rotation, the better, IMO.

Ronbo
October 14th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Selle's here next year, too, and if he keeps it up, we won't need Roper in a rotation.

Hauck might be in a sticky situation no matter what's been said publicly. We don't really know what Roper was told to get him here.

griz8791
October 14th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Selle's here next year, too, and if he keeps it up, we won't need Roper in a rotation.

I think Hauck said on one of his shows earlier this season that Selle is on track to graduate early if that is what he wants to do.

techstate
October 14th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Hauck might be in a sticky situation no matter what's been said publicly. We don't really know what Roper was told to get him here.

Maybe he is going to transfer to a FBS after the year. Because if he would have transferred to another FBS from Oregon he couldn't play this year. Possibly???

Native
October 14th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Maybe he is going to transfer to a FBS after the year. Because if he would have transferred to another FBS from Oregon he couldn't play this year. Possibly???

Doesn't he have to have two years of eligibility remaining to make the tranfer?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 14th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Doesn't he have to have two years of eligibility remaining to make the tranfer?

I think to drop down you do for sure. You may be able to transfer if you sit a year. He would also have to play better than he has. xtwocentsx xcoffeex

Silenoz
October 14th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I heard Ken Wood is playing for aTm right now, so you must not need to sit when you move up

Screamin_Eagle174
October 14th, 2009, 05:20 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1434536#post1434536

Ronbo
October 14th, 2009, 08:41 PM
The QB rotation will continue against EWU.