PDA

View Full Version : 2010 UNH OOC schedule

rcny46
October 9th, 2009, 10:47 AM
UNH will open at FBS Pitt on 9/4,play Central Connecticut at home on 9/11,and on Sept. 25 will take on Lehigh in Durham in the first game of a home and home series with the Engineers.

aceinthehole
October 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
UNH will open at FBS Pitt on 9/4,play Central Connecticut at home on 9/11,and on Sept. 25 will take on Lehigh in Durham in the first game of a home and home series with the Engineers.

Woo hoo! xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Great news about the home and home with Lehighxthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM

About 5-6 years too late for a Lehigh-UNH matchup. Lehigh should be scheduling Towson, Northeastern or URI if they're not going to play Villanova or Delaware.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
About 5-6 years too late for a Lehigh-UNH matchup. Lehigh should be scheduling Towson, Northeastern or URI if they're not going to play Villanova or Delaware.

We we're pretty good in 2005:D

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
We we're pretty good in 2005:D

So was Lehigh xrolleyesx

Just a long ways for a most certain loss imo. Especially when Lehigh needs to focus on winning some games. It is a nice time of year to visit Durham though.

WrenFGun
October 9th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I'm really happy to hear this!

As a team that's really looking for some respect, I think playing at CCSU (with hopefully a return game coming) will do that for them, or at least give them an opportunity. Really solid with Lehigh and CCSU, though, as they're a step up from St. Francis and Dartmouth (and that may be an understatement..)

WrenFGun
October 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Just to clarify, when you say CCSU AT HOME, do you mean in Durham or at Home for CCSU?

WrenFGun
October 9th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Three Posts in a Row! Answered my own question...CCSU plays IN DURHAM. Sorry Ace.

aceinthehole
October 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Sounds like the CCSU game is in Durham. Also, the blog specifically mentions Lehigh is a home/home, so I assume UNH bought Central for the game. I'm very happy to get this game but wish we could get UNH to return one to New Britain.

UNH officials have finalized the non-conference portion of their 2010 football schedule. . . . UNH will open the season with a Football Bowl Subdivision game at Pittsburgh on Sept. 4. . . . The Wildcats will play Central Connecticut at home on Sept. 11 and Lehigh at home on Sept. 25. The Lehigh game is the first in a home-and-home series and replaces Dartmouth in 2010 and 2011. . . . There’s more on UNH’s schedule in today’s print edition. http://www.unionleader.com/blogs/wildcats/

WrenFGun
October 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM
...Unfortunately pretty hard to agree to two home and homes unless UNH wants 6 road games..of course, I understand CCSU has six+.

UNHlund
October 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Don't know why teams continue to schedule a UNH team that has beaten 5 FBS schools in a row, but glad to hear the news!

aceinthehole
October 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM
...Unfortunately pretty hard to agree to two home and homes unless UNH wants 6 road games..of course, I understand CCSU has six+.

FYI - UNH will have 6 road games in 2011 (FBS + Lehigh + 4 CAA games).

With an annual FBS (road game), teams are going to have to play 6 road games in some years, if they plan to sign ANY home/home deals.

I'd be OK, if UNH agreed to return a game to CCSU in 2012 or 2013! :)

---
For the record, CCSU played all 3 non-conferences games on the road this year (@Lehigh, @W&M, and @ Columbia). And so far, 2 of our 3 games for 2010 are on the road (@YSU, @ UNH); the 3rd game is TBA. We are road warriors!

Is ANY TEAM willing to come to New Britain, CT for a game? xbawlingx

UNHFan99
October 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
If CCSU offered the right amount of money UNH would probably do it. My understanding is UNH pays around 60k to 80k for that game at home.

Sader87
October 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Not saying it was doable next year but UNH and HC should start playing each other again soon.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Not saying it was doable next year but UNH and HC should start playing each other again soon.

You've got that right

aceinthehole
October 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
If CCSU offered the right amount of money UNH would probably do it. My understanding is UNH pays around 60k to 80k for that game at home.

Yeah, I know. CCSU needs these $$$ games, I just wish we CCSU would pass on the cash payout for a regional game like UNH and exchange it for a return home game. Isn't that what UNH is doing with the Lehigh home/home, or is there also an exchange of payments?

I know CCSU can't really afford to 'buy' home games, we just need to agree to more home/home deals with regional teams.

Seawolf97
October 9th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Either way you look at it a good schedule. I dont think many FCS teams are going to beat UNH at home or away unless you are in the Top 10. So Lehigh take heart.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 9th, 2009, 10:16 PM

Absolutely! It would be a great New England showcase game, ...

smcwildcat
October 10th, 2009, 04:46 PM
wrong in 2011 UNH has no fbs sched. as of now