PDA

View Full Version : CAA Predictions- Week 6

Hoyadestroya85
October 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Hadn't seen it yet, so I thought I would post it.

Villanova at UNH
Richmond at JMU
W&M at Northeastern
Maine at Hofstra
UMass at Delaware
Towson at URI

NHwildEcat
October 7th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Villanova at UNH
Richmond at JMU
W&M at Northeastern
Maine at Hofstra
UMass at Delaware
Towson at URI

Fear the Bird
October 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Nova 31 UNH 21
UR 23 JMU 21
W&M 41 Northeastern 3
Maine 24 Hofstra 21
UMass 28 Delaware 38
Towson 2 URI 3

NHwildEcat
October 7th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Nova 31 UNH 21
UR 23 JMU 21
W&M 41 Northeastern 3
Maine 24 Hofstra 21
UMass 28 Delaware 38
Towson 2 URI 3

Nice.

RattlerFan70
October 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Villanova at UNH
Richmond at JMU
W&M at Northeastern
Maine at Hofstra
UMass at Delaware
Towson at URI

89Hen
October 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Villanova 31 at UNH 24
Richmond 27 at JMU 17
W&M 38 at Northeastern 13
Maine 17 at Hofstra 27
UMass 24 at Delaware 27
Towson 10 at URI 13

89Hen
October 7th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Towson 2 URI 3
xlolx Didn't see yours and I almost put 0-0

GannonFan
October 7th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Here's my take:

villanova 24 New Hampshire 28 : Got the nova game wrong last week, and I'm still picking against them this week. Good early trick play and some terrible penalties by W&M put them in a hole they couldn't recover from. I think UNH avoids the early hole and jumps out to a lead on nova. You can't play from behind against nova and expect to win, but nova's offense isn't one that's great at coming back itself. It's tough getting up for a second big game in a row, especially after a home game and then having to trek all the way up to Durham. Both teams are playoff tested, so I'm going with the home team who had a bye last week (and before you say anything, I know they played Towson - har har).

Richmond 21 James Madison 17: No one would've predicted the disaster on Long Island last weekend, but the reasons for JMU's loss were all question marks entering the year: who'd be the QB and how much of a step down from Landers would it be, how would the OL handle all those graduations, would JMU's DL be deep enough to carry the defense, and could JMU hide the weak secondary. Other than the DL still being pretty good, it's hard to say the other concerns have been answered positively. Richmond's got the look and the swagger of a team that knows how to win and expects to win every time. With all those seniors and big time players, it's not hard to see why. I think Ward plays great and Thorpe struggles for JMU - game should be close because of where it's being played, but Richmond should handle this one.

William and Mary 35 Northeastern 7: Normally you'd be worried about a team that just suffered their first loss of the year in a really big, conference matchup. Luckily for W&M, they get to play Northeastern, so even a so so effort from the Tribe should be more than sufficient. Just a bad, bad year for the Husky faithful and Towson week can't get there soon enough.

Maine 14 Hofstra 28 : Hofstra comes in off their well deserved win against JMU while Maine stumbles into Long Island after somehow doing the impossible - letting UD run the football all over the field. Couldn't have teams going in any more different directions than these two. Like the Dukes found out last week, it is tought to win on the Island, and the Black Bears start to fold their tents on a tough season.

UMass 24 Delaware 35: UMass has looked dominant through the fluff part of their schedule and, outside of the K-State game, finally has a decent matchup. The Hens are a block FG away from being 4-1 and highly ranked, but instead are 3-2, unranked, and precariously holding onto a shot at the playoffs. But UD is starting to find it's rhthymn offensively as Devlin is just as good as advertised and the re-emergence of Mark Duncan last week could give the offense the kind of quick strike potential it lacked early in the season. UMass's QB should continue a good season as UD's defense is terribly susceptible to passes underneath, but I think the buzz of the homefield and a night game, and UD's newfound confidence, spell the difference.

Towson 10 Rhode Island 28 : The Rams come into this game wounded, with the starting QB sidelined for a few weeks. But this is what it's come to for the Tigers - playing Rhode Island with a backup QB and I don't think they have a prayer at all.

danefan
October 7th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Villanova at UNH
Richmond at JMU
W&M at Northeastern
Maine at Hofstra
UMass at Delaware
Towson at URI (Chris Paul-Etienne out for URI)

Eight Legger
October 7th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Villanova 24, UNH 31
Richmond 38, JMU 17
W&M 56, Northeastern 6
Maine 28, Hofstra 31
UMass 21, Delaware 18
Towson 7, URI 17

jstclmet
October 7th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Here's my take:

villanova 24 New Hampshire 28 : Got the nova game wrong last week, and I'm still picking against them this week. Good early trick play and some terrible penalties by W&M put them in a hole they couldn't recover from. I think UNH avoids the early hole and jumps out to a lead on nova. You can't play from behind against nova and expect to win, but nova's offense isn't one that's great at coming back itself. It's tough getting up for a second big game in a row, especially after a home game and then having to trek all the way up to Durham.

Uhh, you do know, Nova was down 24 - 14 to Temple in the 4th qtr, riiight???? But, Y'know, maybe Nova's overrated. xlolx

JMU Newbill
October 7th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Lot of people picking UNH.... interesting.

93henfan
October 7th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Villanova 28 at UNH 24
Richmond 31 at JMU 17
W&M 44 at Northeastern 10
Maine 28 at Hofstra 27
UMass 24 at Delaware 21
Towson 17 at URI 10

soccerguy315
October 7th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Villanova at UNH
Richmond at JMU
W&M at Northeastern
Maine at Hofstra
UMass at Delaware
Towson at URI

Hoyadestroya85
October 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM

The interesting thing is that with the exception of GF, most of the people picking Villanova are UD fans.

Wildcat80
October 7th, 2009, 11:47 AM

Yes UNH in a little upset! (It's not an upset since we are the better team!)xnodx

WrenFGun
October 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I think Villanova is the favorite but I think it'll be close. I'd like nothing more than to further silence some of the CAA North doubters, which is why I'll also be pulling for UMass.

GannonFan
October 7th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Uhh, you do know, Nova was down 24 - 14 to Temple in the 4th qtr, riiight???? But, Y'know, maybe Nova's overrated. xlolx

Uh, you said it all right there - Temple. Temple wouldn't be .500 in the CAA, no matter how much Al Golden and his admirers try to boost the image of that program. CAA > MAC. xthumbsupx

LawDutch
October 7th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Villanova at UNH - CAA North strikes again this week. UNH 31- Villanova 27

Richmond at JMU- JMU looking to bounce back at home... not this time. UR 22 JMU 10

W&M at Northeastern- Long day. W&M 42 Northeastern 9

Maine at Hofstra- Must win for the Dutch, going with the homer pick. Hofstra 31 UM 20

UMass at Delaware- Big implications, going with Devlin at home. UD 28 UMass 24

Towson at URI- I wish everybody got the chance to play Towson this year. URI 35 Towson 17

bluehenbillk
October 7th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Nova by a TD.
Richmond by double digits
W&M in a laugher
Hofstra wins late
UD by single digits
URI wins close

Spider
October 7th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Nova, Spidahs, Tribe, Bears, Minutemen and Rams....

Hoyadestroya85
October 7th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Uh, you said it all right there - Temple. Temple wouldn't be .500 in the CAA, no matter how much Al Golden and his admirers try to boost the image of that program. CAA > MAC. xthumbsupx
I actually think Temple is turning the corner believe it or not. If it weren't for Charlton coughing up the ball several times, they would have handled us.. Golden's not gonna win coach of the year, but they would do well in the CAA.

Pitz
October 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Villanova 28, UNH 21
Richmond 31, JMU 24
W&M 37, Northeastern 7
Hofstra 28, Maine 25
UMASS 34, Delaware 24
URI 23, Towson 13

Henwatcher
October 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Villanova 28 UNH 27
Richmond 24 JMU 17
W&M 42 Northeastern 7
Hofstra 24 Maine 21
UMass 31 Delaware 20
URI 28 Towson 21

BDKJMU
October 7th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Villanova @ UNH. Nova by a TD or less. Might be a little bit of a letdown game for Nova after the big win against W&M, and its @ UNH, but my gut tells me it will be Nova. 3rd game of Nova's absolutely brutal W&M, @ UNH, @ JMU 3 week stretch. Plus I have to root for Nova, because if UNH wins, because then they'll be even less of a chance JMU will be able to pull the upset against Nova next week.

Richmond @ JMU by a TD or less. Go ahead and call me a homer. No picking of an exact score for the JMU game this week. By my count so far thats 10 non JMU/UR CAA posters picking UR, 0 picking JMU (FAMU poster is the only to pick JMU so far, and he doesn't count). Heck, as I recall for the MD game, almost everyone picked against JMU (even JMU posters, and I was one of them), with most by double digits (I did), and look what happened there (yeah, I know, was a loss, but at least was OT). So no other of you non JMU CAA posters go and ruin it by picking JMU. I want it to be universal picking UR. :)

No analyzing here. Enough of that is being done on the UR @ JMU thread.

W&M @ Northeastern. W&M by 5 TDs. Nova and UNH have crushed Northeastern the last 2 weeks by 7 TDs (56-7 and 57-7). At W&M I would say 6 TDs. At Parsons I'll say 5 as W&M bounces back from their tough loss at Nova.

Maine @ Hofstra by a TD or less. I'm rooting for Hofstra (don't want to make that JMU loss look any worse), but the Dutchmen are bound to have a letdown after their biggest upset in how long? The ? is, how big will that letdown be? Maine isn't that good, but isn't that bad. If was at Maine, I'd go with Maine. Will likely be a battle to see who is the 3rd best team in the CAA North.

UMass @ Delaware. UMass by a TD or less

Towson @ URI. Towson by a TD or less. The loser of this one will battle with Northeastern to see who goes 0-8 in the CAA. Both teams coming in apparently with starting QBs out. I see about 12 of 14 so far have pick URI. But 2 of the 6 picks I've missed so far (weeks 2-5) have been Towson, as I picked them to lose to Coastal and beat Morgan State. So I'm going to go against my inclination this time and pick Towson in a close one.

Thats 5 of 6 CAA games am picking by a TD or less. Should be a lot of close ones....

TheMinuteman
October 7th, 2009, 07:56 PM
most are picking delaware but have you guys seen UMass' D this year its outstanding were only a pick 6 (against K-State) away from being 4-0

BDKJMU
October 7th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I actually think Temple is turning the corner believe it or not. If it weren't for Charlton coughing up the ball several times, they would have handled us.. Golden's not gonna win coach of the year, but they would do well in the CAA.

Agreed. I had front row corner endzone seats to that one. Temple was clearly the bigger/stronger team, and had a little more overall team speed. The reason Nova won was 5-1 turnovers, majority of which were unforced. Simple as that. Temple would certainly be a +.500 playoff team if in the CAA.

Jackman
October 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Really hoping for UMass and UNH victories. That would set up a huge homecoming game at UMass the following week. Could be our biggest crowd of the year, especially if they come through with the new video scoreboard that was promised.

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 7th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Villanova 24 at UNH 28 xsmiley_wix Northern 'Cats O finally clicks helped out by a resurgent C. Kackert whose speed kills VU. Opportunistic D and (finally) a lack of penalties help fuel upset.
Richmond 27 at JMU 14 xthumbsupx Spiders stay on top with big road win over rattled Dukes
W&M 45 at Northeastern 14 xsmhx Huskies are slipping into darkness,....
Maine 10 at Hofstra 14 xnodx Pride goes for 2nd big win in a row to keep the faithful excited
UMass 34 at Delaware 21 xpeacex Underrated ZooMass setting up for BIG homecoming vs hated rival UNH
Towson 17 at URI 35 xconfusedx Rams pick up where UNH left off, picking 5 passes en route to much needed win at home.

rcny46
October 7th, 2009, 11:58 PM
PA. Wildcats,Tigers,Tribe,Pride,Dukes,Minutemen.

BDKJMU
October 8th, 2009, 12:13 AM
PA. Wildcats,Tigers,Tribe,Pride,Dukes,Minutemen.

Darn, you had to ruin it xsmiley_wix

93henfan
October 8th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure why the UMass fans are getting uptight about the picks here. Let's be clear. You guys are ranked in just about every poll out there, while Delaware is only ranked (barely) in the AGS poll and is in ORV in most others, behind schools like Prairie View and Morgan State (cough, coaches). Surely you guys will walk all over poor Delaware. Just tell your players to put it on cruise control and enjoy the romp. The sites that offer FCS odds even have UMass as a touchdown favorite on the road. It's pretty clear that Delaware is just going to curl up in a ball to absorb the beating that UMass is going to lay on them. I'm considering giving up my tickets for this game to spare witness to the debacle. xsmiley_wix

andy7171
October 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I hate reading this thread on a weekly basis.

Bull Fan
October 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
What's that- the bullsh_t between the chicken, JMU Doosh and UAss fans? Yah, it's tiring....

JMU DUUUKES LAW
October 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Richmond 54 - JMU 0 (as per Mickey's prediction)

89Hen
October 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
UMass at Delaware

UMass at Delaware

UMass 21, Delaware 18

UMass 24 at Delaware 21

UMass at Delaware

Minutemen

UMASS 34, Delaware 24

UMass 31 Delaware 20

UMass @ Delaware. UMass by a TD or less

most are picking delaware

I'm not sure why the UMass fans are getting uptight about the picks here.
93, you seriously have to ask? UMass fans as a whole (there are a very few exceptions) by FARRRRRRRRRR are the most notorious homers. If one person doesn't pick them or one of their players isn't picked for Player of the Week, they claim everyone is against them. It's like my 13 year old who tells me EVERYONE in her class has a cell phone. But when I ask about Suzie... well, no. Jane?... no Sally?... no. xlolx

spdram
October 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
89, next time ask here where her pohne is since EVERYONE in her class has one.xwhistlex

Dukie95
October 8th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Villanova at UNH
Richmond at JMU
W&M at Northeastern
Maine at Hofstra
UMass at Delaware
Towson at URI

I doubt anyone has noticed, but I picked JMU on caazone earlier this week. I'm not hedging my bets, I've had a change of heart.

Jackman
October 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure why the UMass fans are getting uptight about the picks here.

We're having dueling overreactions here. Only one guy said anything about the picks.

GeeWiz
October 10th, 2009, 05:45 AM
'Nova 35 UNH 27 - This will be the best game of the week as the Wildcats from Philly holding on for a close win
Richmond 27 JMU 14 - The second best game in the CAA sees the Spiders getting revenge for the tough loss to JMU last year
W&M 49 Northeastern 17 - I don't see how the Tribe won't score 50 points against a deflated Husky squad
Hofstra 24 Maine 17 - Pride uses the big win over JMU last week to get by the Dirty Cubs
UMass 34 UD 31 - Minutemen win it on a last minute FG down at Newark
URI 28 Towson 14 - Rams bounce back after disappointing loss to Brown to beat a bad Tiger team

and in the big one ...

... ODU 41 Presbyterian 14 - Monarchs return to their winning ways

Monarch Nation
October 10th, 2009, 06:31 AM
and in the big one ...

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Philliesfan980
October 10th, 2009, 06:40 AM

Agreed. I think the outcome would have been different if they would have known how good Bernard Pierce was at that time.

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Guess no-body wanted to fess up for this week? I see I wasn't the only one who fared poorly with my picks. A lot of people went 2-4, 3-3...

Have spent one of the last 6 nights at home, otherwise would have posted this earlier:

Villanova @ UNH. Nova by a TD or less. (UNH 28, Nova 24) xoopsx

Richmond @ JMU by a TD or less. (UR 21, JMU 17) xoopsx xbawlingx

W&M @ Northeastern. W&M by 5 TDs. (W&M 34, NE 14) xeyebrowx (Nova did beat NE by 7 TDs at home, and I thought W&M would take it out on NE after their Nova loss on Nat TV, but I should have known better to pick W&M by 5 TDs @ Parsons).

Maine @ Hofstra by a TD or less. (Maine 16, HU 14) xoopsx HU had to ruin that pick by turning the ball over 7 times.

UMass @ Delaware. UMass by a TD or less. (UD 43, UMass 27) xoopsx UMass apparently not as good as a lot of people thought they were....

Towson @ URI. Towson by a TD or less. (TU 38, URI 26) Nailed this one, as I was one of the few who picked TU...

Week 1: No picks
Week 2: 7-1 (wrong on Ball State/UNH)
Week 3: 7-2 (wrong on Maine/Albany & Towson/Coastal)
Week 4: 9-1 (wrong on Towson/Morgan State
Week 5: 4-2 (wrong on URI/Brown & JMU/HU)
Week 6: 2-4 (wrong on Nova/UNH, UR/JMU, Maine/HU, UMass/UD)
29-10

BDKJMU
October 15th, 2009, 03:10 PM
most are picking delaware but have you guys seen UMass' D this year its outstanding were only a pick 6 (against K-State) away from being 4-0

Yeah, UMass's D looked outstanding last week. xsmiley_wix