Saturday, October 10
Dartmouth at Yale, Noon
Holy Cross at Brown, 12:30 pm
Harvard at Cornell, 12:30 pm
Bucknell at Penn, 1 pm
Columbia at Lafayette, 6 pm

Pards Rule
October 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Columbia by 17? Pards getting NO respect..

Franks Tanks
October 6th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Thursday, October 8
Colgate at Princeton, 7 pm

Saturday, October 10
Dartmouth at Yale, Noon
Holy Cross at Brown, 12:30 pm
Harvard at Cornell, 12:30 pm
Bucknell at Penn, 1 pm
Columbia at Lafayette, 6 pm

My predictions:
Colgate by 17+
Yale by 21+
Holy Cross by 14
Harvard by 7 (close, but no cigar?)
Penn by 14
Columbia by 17+

Columbia by 17 plus...

Are you smoking crack? Columbia is much improved but the Leopards just beat Penn and Yale, and played a very good Liberty team tough. The Leopards will not lose by 17 at home to Columbia. I will predict a close hard fought game with the Leopards winning by 7.

Pard94
October 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Now now fellow Pards...Bonrae is allowed to be a league Homer if he wants...even if it does make him look completely clueless. That's his perogative. That being said, I'm picking all of the PL teams to beat the Ivy teams by like 100 points or somethingxrolleyesx.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I agree with bonarae's outcomes, but not all the spreads. I think Columbia will beat Lafayette, but by more like 7. And assuming Yale wins at home by 14 assumes they will actually SCORE 14. (Sorry, bulldog!):p

Cornell rises up to bite Harvard in the butt more than any Ivy team over the years. At one point back in the 80s, we lost something like 7 in a row to them, and we blew a 28-0 halftime lead back in 2000. I think Harvard will win this time, though.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Now now fellow Pards...Bonrae is allowed to be a league Homer if he wants...even if it does make him look completely clueless. That's his perogative. That being said, I'm picking all of the PL teams to beat the Ivy teams by like 100 points or somethingxrolleyesx.

Pard94, I believe bonarae is a young woman.xcoolx

bonarae
October 6th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Sorry. I have no clue in what Lafayette has been doing. xpeacex

Pard94
October 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Pard94, I believe bonarae is a young woman.xcoolx

Whoops! Shame on me for my sexist assumption. That being said, not wanting to compound the transgression by showing preferential tratment in this enlightened age, with all due respect, Ma'am, your Lafayette pick is clueless. xsmiley_wix

Pard94
October 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM

Currently they are in the mix to win the Ivy League title. xnodx

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Currently they are in the mix to win the Ivy League title. xnodx

Gotta get past Columbia first!xsmiley_wix

Franks Tanks
October 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Most Ivy folks picked Penn and Yale to beat Lafayette, and are now picking Columbia.

Just keep picking againt the Pards as you are giving us good Karma or something

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Most Ivy folks picked Penn and Yale to beat Lafayette, and are now picking Columbia.

Just keep picking againt the Pards as you are giving us good Karma or something

I'll be sure to pick Lafayette NEXT week!xcoolx:D

Pards Rule
October 6th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Well Ivy you were "right" picking Yale...you said it seems to have an opposite effect. Hmm, its been a long time since I've been to Cambridge (and it wasn't for football). I'm starting to think about another NE road trip!

Pard94
October 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Well Ivy you were "right" picking Yale...you said it seems to have an opposite effect. Hmm, its been a long time since I've been to Cambridge (and it wasn't for football). I'm starting to think about another NE road trip!

Oh I am there for that game! As is my little bro who also played. Bring an blanket to sit on. Harvard has an awesome stadium but that cement stair seating sure makes one's a** cold!

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Oh I am there for that game! As is my little bro who also played. Bring an blanket to sit on. Harvard has an awesome stadium but that cement stair seating sure makes one's a** cold!

And four years of cold a**es is what makes Harvard men successful!:p

Pard94
October 6th, 2009, 11:12 AM
And four years of cold a**es is what makes Harvard men successful!:p

I thought it was because you're all wicked smaht! xlolx

Green26
October 6th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Dartmouth is going to beat Yale.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM

3-0?:D;)

Seriously, Green26, I remember one year when Harvard beat Dartmouth 6-5. That's right: 6-5. My best friend's dad (Harvard '48 and a long-time season ticketholder) said it was the worst football game he ever saw.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Seriously, Green26, I remember one year when Harvard beat Dartmouth 6-5. That's right: 6-5. My best friend's dad (Harvard '48 and a long-time season ticketholder) said it was the worst football game he ever saw.

I attended the Princeton 11-6 win over Harvard at Soldiers Field in 1985. Very weird game which Princeton sealed on a Tom Urquhart punt return for a TD.

Pards Rule
October 6th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Saw a 10-3 Lafayette win over Lehigh in 1981. Great game. Also missed a miserable game my freshman year vs Penn, Lafayette win 3-0.

bulldog10jw
October 6th, 2009, 01:50 PM

Yale and Dartmouth had two 3-0 games in the '70's. If I remember correctly, Yale's only Ivy loss in 1977 was to Dartmouth 3-0.

Two years later Yale reversed the score and won 3-0 over Dartmouth in 1979. I won't mention who was the only team to beat Yale in '79. xnonono2x

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I attended the Princeton 11-6 win over Harvard at Soldiers Field in 1985. Very weird game which Princeton sealed on a Tom Urquhart punt return for a TD.

I remember that one. xbawlingxWe took a safety to make it 6-5 Harvard, and the Princeton SOB ran back the free kick!xmadx

Green26
October 6th, 2009, 02:58 PM
A 3-0 Dartmouth win over Yale would be fine with me. It's happened before.

In 1977 in the Bowl, Dartmouth defeated Yale 3-0. Dartmouth cornerback John Carney, who was the Lt. Gov. of Delaware until recently and is now running for Congress, ran down John Spagnola (I believe), who appeared to be headed for the game-winning score, to preserve the win for Dartmouth. I sorta attended that game, but was arrested, handcuffed, thrown in the paddy wagon and taken the New Haven jail--just before the game started. I didn't get myself bailed out and back to the game until it was ending. When I was outside the jail and trying to hitch-hike back to the stadium, a cop who had just gotten offduty from the jail, stopped and gave me a ride to the stadium. He had given me a transistor radio to listen to the game in my cell too.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
A 3-0 Dartmouth win over Yale would be fine with me. It's happened before.

In 1977 in the Bowl, Dartmouth defeated Yale 3-0. Dartmouth cornerback John Carney, who was the Lt. Gov. of Delaware until recently and is now running for Congress, ran down John Spagnola (I believe), who appeared to be headed for the game-winning score, to preserve the win for Dartmouth. I sorta attended that game, but was arrested, handcuffed, thrown in the paddy wagon and taken the New Haven jail--just before the game started. I didn't get myself bailed out and back to the game until it was ending. When I was outside the jail and trying to hitch-hike back to the stadium, a cop who had just gotten offduty from the jail, stopped and gave me a ride to the stadium. He had given me a transistor radio to listen to the game in my cell too.

Then you were too young for the '73 Harvard-Dartmouth game, when Harvard lost the game but won the food fight against the Dartmouth band!xthumbsupx

carney2
October 6th, 2009, 04:18 PM

You will find out next week. Tell the Snob-bridge folks to have the Ivy trophy on hand. The Pard captains will chainsaw it in half after the game and take their share home to Easton.

Thursday, October 8
Colgate at Princeton A rout.

Saturday, October 10
Dartmouth at Yale 2009 is definitely not the year of the Bulldog.
Holy Cross at Brown Sound the air raid sirens in Providence.
Harvard at Cornell Big Red = large embarrassment.
Bucknell at Penn The Quackers get a bye week.
Columbia at Lafayette The next step in what may be a magical season.

Pards Rule
October 7th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I remember that one. xbawlingxWe took a safety to make it 6-5 Harvard, and the Princeton SOB ran back the free kick!xmadx

Shades of the Al Bagnoli move in the Penn-Lafayette game in 2007 where he took an intentional safety to make it 7-5 Penn, daring the freshman kicker, Davis Rodriguez, to beat them or the Lafayette O to roll down the field which they hadnt done all game in the final minutes. Davis kicked a 29 yarder with 8 seconds left to win it, 8-7. First of three consecutive wins now over the Quakers!

YaleFootballFan
October 9th, 2009, 09:44 PM
My predictions for Saturday:

Dartmouth over Yale
Holy Cross over Brown
Harvard over Cornell
Penn over Bucknell
Lafayette over Columbia

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM

That would certainly be good for Buddy. There would be cheering and crying back in Pembroke, though, ... xthumbsupx

GoGreen
October 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Dartmouth folks are pretty optimistic about this game. An away win in the bowl today would be really really great for this team.

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Winners so far: Harvard, Yale, Brown

bulldog10jw
October 10th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Winners so far: Harvard, Yale, Brown

Really nice win for Brown. I thought Yale's QB would be the POTW with 390 yards passing, but it looks like The Brown QB had even better stats.

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Really nice win for Brown. I thought Yale's QB would be the POTW with 390 yards passing, but it looks like The Brown QB had even better stats.

Same QB as game 1, bulldog? Rumors of the Elis' death are greatly exaggerated.

We paid Cornell back for you! Cow College pretenders...

bulldog10jw
October 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Same QB as game 1, bulldog? Rumors of the Elis' death are greatly exaggerated.

We paid Cornell back for you! Cow College pretenders...

Yale changed QB's for this one. The kid that started the last few games last year, Hart, was the QB. The transfer from Nebraska, Witt, had started the first 3 and was nursing a shoulder injury, I believe. Hart has a nice arm, but is immobile and takes a lot of sacks.

I'm not really sure how much of the upgrade in offense was due to the QB and how much was due to the fact that it was Dartmouth. We'll see over the next 3 weeks.

Edit to add: That Cornell games really hurts because Yale's D dominated that game. I hope Dartmouth beats those lucky bums. Sorry, Otto

Ivytalk
October 10th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Harvard had over 250 yards rushing. Winters has been an erratic passer this year, but he's a great runner. Need improvement on the kicking game: Long missed another short FG today, although the punter was strong. Also, need to watch the dumb penalties. We let Cornell hang around too long.xcoolx

bonarae
October 10th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Results are in (xpeacex to those who quite offended me earlier):
Colgate 21, Princeton 14 2OT (10/8)
10/10:
Yale 38, Dartmouth 7
Brown 34, Holy Cross 31 (got to be the most surprising result here)
Harvard 28, Cornell 10
Penn 21, Bucknell 3
Lafayette 24, Columbia 21 (another one)

ngineer
October 10th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Other than Dartmouth, it looks like a lot of parity in the IL. I see Harvard as the lead dog, but not in a dominating way. The other six seem to show some bite at various times but cannot get consistent. Should be an interesting race.

carney2
October 11th, 2009, 08:26 AM
The best Columbia team in years. They will make some noise before it's over.

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2009, 08:56 AM
The best Columbia team in years. They will make some noise before it's over.

I think Columbia plays Penn next week. Should be a key early matchup in League play.