PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 6

89Hen
October 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM
What is the I-AA game of the week?

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 5th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Don't have to wait for you to put the poll up...

UNH-Nova....duh

89Hen
October 5th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Don't have to wait for you to put the poll up...

UNH-Nova....duh
CalPoly @ Montana is pretty big. xpeacex

phoenixphanatic21
October 5th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Had to give my homer vote, otherwise it would be Nova-UNH.

WrenFGun
October 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I think you could make the argument for any of Nova/UNH, CP/Montana and UR/JMU (and I think SDSU/MOST and UD/UMass are also good games) as the game of the week. Considering only one of those matchups features 2 unbeatens, and the only top 5 matchup, I'll go with the homer vote.

Buzzcut
October 5th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Quite a docket this week. No doubt the UNH-Nova game is the top pick, though the UM-Cal Poly game will be one to keep an eye on.

andy7171
October 5th, 2009, 09:29 AM
CalPoly @ Montana is pretty big. xpeacex

Check your title Czar and revise. :D:D

WMTribe90
October 5th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I know UNH and Villanova are for real. I'm the most interested in the SFA v McNeese result.

UNIFanSince1983
October 5th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I am very interested in Montana Cal Poly. After Poly beat SDSU this game got that much better. Like WMTribe90 said we know Villanova and UNH are for real. We find out more about both Montana and Cal Poly this weekend.

cats2506
October 5th, 2009, 09:46 AM
EWU vs WSU will have bigger implications for the BSC than UM vs CP

First chance to see what EWU does against a quality opponent, EWU looks very good now but they dont have a lot on their record.

Silenoz
October 5th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Battle of the unbeatens

89Hen
October 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
BTW, I don't ever want to hear again that UD fans are homers. 5 voted and not 1 for our game. xrulesx

Dane96
October 5th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Some real good games...but I went with UMASS/Del.

This is a must win for DEL...and if UMASS handles Del...the are solidified in the Top 10...and are a legit contender.

AshevilleApp2
October 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM
UNH/Nova for possible seeding for the playoffs.

Elon/Citadel for possible inclusion in the playoffs.

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Quite a docket this week. No doubt the UNH-Nova game is the top pick, though the UM-Cal Poly game will be one to keep an eye on.

Agreed!

DOME
October 5th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Tough call this week! Nova and the Wildcats should be a tough game, wish I could watch!

CP Montana definitely tells us something about both, Montana is in the elite right now but could get knocked out. CP wants to get put in that discussion.

Del has to win.

SDSU has to show they are legit and hope CP wins. Southwest Missouri State may want to try and make a run the rest of the season? Maybe?

Cit and Elon are gunning for playoff contention.

Richmond is on top and needs to stay there. JMU wants to make some noise and get back in the elite discussion.

LacesOut
October 5th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Damn there are some outstanding matchups this weekend!!

Cal Poly at Montana.

Shellin
October 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I also went with Cal Poly at Montana, somewhat of a homer vote to be sure but it will be good to get a barometer on both teams this week. We definitely have a nice looking slate of games this weekend, it should be fun.

Skjellyfetti
October 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM
McNeese - Stephen F. Austin

soccerguy315
October 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
some good games this week... UNH/Nova, Cal Poly/Montana...

I voted for Richmond/JMU, because it could either be Richmond almost putting JMU, a preseason top 10, out of the playoffs or throwing everything into disarray with a JMU win.

Go...gate
October 5th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Villanova - UNH

UNHFootballAlum
October 5th, 2009, 02:52 PM
UNH-Nova, although CalPoly/Montana is a big game as well. Both games are Homecoming games as well

JMUNJ08
October 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
JMU has ALOT to prove this week to stay in the playoff hunt but the game doesn't look as appealing as it did before Hofstra. I went with UNH-Nova. Can the north get some respect???xnonox

UNHFootballAlum
October 5th, 2009, 03:27 PM
JMU has ALOT to prove this week to stay in the playoff hunt but the game doesn't look as appealing as it did before Hofstra. I went with UNH-Nova. Can the north get some respect???xnonox

We did when Hofstra beat JMU

JMUNJ08
October 5th, 2009, 03:34 PM
We did when Hofstra beat JMU

Only if JMU can rebound and Hofstra shows more than just that 1 game

slostang
October 5th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Had to go with the homer vote for Cal Poly @ Montana. If we are going by ticket prices this game would win hands down. They are charging $55.00 because it is homecoming. That is ok, I think it will be worth every cent. Flying out Thursday and I can not wait.

TheMinuteman
October 5th, 2009, 04:25 PM
im pretty excited for UD vs UMass because its a predictor game for both teams, they both look pretty good but havent played anyone. I know UNH and Villanova are good teams and both belong in the postseason but if one of these teams steps up they might have a postseason bid...

DJOM
October 5th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Princeton v Colgate Thursday at 7 Eastern Broadcast on ESPNU ...Princeton finds their offensive power once again.

UNHFootballAlum
October 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Only if JMU can rebound and Hofstra shows more than just that 1 game

I am not sure if Hosftra is for real, but they beat the #7 team in the country. The CAA North gets respect for that win over a CAA South power.

siuham
October 5th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I like the Richmond/JMU matchup better. Was JMU's loss a fluke? Has Richmond really had a test? Delaware was a very close game, what will JMU bring? Could see JMU redeeming themselves with a win.

Edit: But there are a *lot* of nifty games this weekend.

DTSpider
October 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I went JMU-UR just because I think it's a great rivalry and the games are always close. Oh yeah - and I'm a complete homer.

Grizaholic17
October 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I homer voted this one. #13 and #3 head to head...you know Cal Poly wants revenge from last year!

malibudude
October 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I homer voted this one. #13 and #3 head to head...you know Cal Poly wants revenge from last year!

Well, to be honest CP wants revenge for every year other than 2005.

LacesOut
October 5th, 2009, 07:40 PM
im pretty excited for UD vs UMass because its a predictor game for both teams, they both look pretty good but havent played anyone.

Uhhhhhh, UD has played Richmond and Bill and Mary!

BDKJMU
October 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I am not sure if Hosftra is for real, but they beat the #7 team in the country. The CAA North gets respect for that win over a CAA South power.

What makes you think JMU was the 7th best team in the countryxconfusedx

whoanellie
October 5th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Had to give my homer vote, otherwise it would be Nova-UNH. ditto!!!!

UNHFootballAlum
October 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM
What makes you think JMU was the 7th best team in the countryxconfusedx

Well all of the polls said so, but if you don't agree with that, i think that you would agree that JMU is a top 15 program. Given that they still have earned respect.

BDKJMU
October 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Well all of the polls said so, but if you don't agree with that, i think that you would agree that JMU is a top 15 program. Given that they still have earned respect.

Yeah, I was just going to point out (as I said numerous times before) that the polls, at least pre season and in Sept, aren't worth the paper they're written on, they're pretty meaningless. I haven't clicked on a poll thread in several weeks now. Trying to ignore them...

Yeah, no doubt though, HU gets respect for breaking JMU's 12 game CAA/14 game regular season vs I-AA winning streaks.

The top 4 CAA South teams don't look like they're going to go 12-0 vs the North this year. Could still happen if the top 4 South ends up UR, Nova, W&M and UD, but more likely it will be anywhere from 11-1 to 8-4.

ASU_Fanatic
October 5th, 2009, 08:35 PM
CalPoly @ Montana is pretty big. xpeacexGot that right.

EKUSteve
October 5th, 2009, 09:17 PM
What? No TSU/EKU????

Just kidding.

I had to go with the highest ranked matchup. Villanova/UNH

Wildcat80
October 5th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Will be even better after UNH gets the W!!!