Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA

Seahawks Fan
October 5th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham Bryant should keep it close.
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner xoopsx
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA

danefan
October 5th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA

dgreco
October 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham - just being a homer
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner
Sacred Heart vs. SFPA - long trip does in SFPA, I want to pick them but I think the long drive might be a little tough on them.

Dane96
October 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA

aceinthehole
October 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM
What happend to me last week? I'm sliding down the standings :( Here it goes anyway ...

Albany vs. Duquesne - Danes rack up yet another NEC win.

Bryant @ Fordham - I don't think Bryant has enough offense to win this on the road, but their D should keep them in the game. I'd be happy to be wrong on this pick, and would love to see the NEC get another win against the PL.

CCSU vs. RMU - CCSU needs to eliminate the mistakes and slow starts, but the home winning streak should continue.

Monmouth vs. Wagner - Sinisi (and the rest of MU) is just too much for the Seahawks.

Sacred Heart vs. Saint Francis - SHU played respectable in road losses to UA and CCSU; I expect them to bounce back at home.

BobbyMo
October 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne: Danes should win by 14
Bryant @ Fordham: Just have a feeling
CCSU vs. RMU: Tough going at RoMo
Monmouth vs. Wagner: MU coming off a bye week, should roll.
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA : Still feels strange picking the Franks.

andy7171
October 6th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA

Ruler
October 6th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Where are the power rankings this week?

Raider Dane
October 6th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Albany vs Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham
CCSU vs RMU
Monmouth vs Wagner
Sacred Heart vs SFPA

Original_RMC
October 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Albany vs Duquesne
Albany gained 257 of their 389 yards on the ground, with McCarty accounting for 170 and two touchdowns against SFPA. The running game of Albany will continue to roll over the Dukes with McCarty having his best game of the year.
Albany 35-17

Bryant @ Fordham
Bryant will play Fordham tough and probably control the game clock and actually lead during some of the game. But Fordham with a night game during Homecoming...Fordham pulls out a lucky win.
Fordham 21-20

CCSU vs RMU
The good news is that after 5 games I think RMU has finally found its QB for the next 4 years. The bad news is that RMU is playing CCSU. CCSU will not start slow like they did against Sacred Heart. CCSU will focus on containing Russ and make Sinclair beat them. RMU's D gave up over 400 yards against the Dukes (196 of those yards rushing). Could be a very long trip home for the Colonials and it hurts to do this but until they show me they can win.....
CCSU 35-10

Monmouth vs Wagner
Monmouth will win but how much of the work load will Sinisi have to carry? Monmouth needs to display more weapons if they want to challenge for the NEC title.
Monmouth will pull away in the 2nd half.
Monmouth 31-14

Sacred Heart vs SFPA
I was going back and forth on this game. Is SFPA finally for real? Is Sacred Heart really that bad? I saw some of the highlights of the CCSU/Sacred Heart game and was very impressed with Marcel Archer and I think he will be the difference in this game. But it would not surprise me if SFPA pulled out a shocker!!!
(I still believe that SFPA will pull out one major shocker within the NEC this year)
Sacred Heart 28-24

WWII
October 6th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA

seahawkfan2007
October 6th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne: Tempted to pick against the favorite in this one but in the final analysis Albany is just to solid. Albany at home by 10. Albany 24-14
Bryant at Fordham: This should be a great game. The Rams are way behind schedule and need a win at home. I like the Fordham in a close one. Fordham 27-20
CCSU vs. RMU: If there is such a thing, RMU is a good 0-5 team. They are close in every game but just can't seem to get a W. This week I expect more of the same against what I think is the best team in the NEC. CCSU 27-14
Monmouth vs. Wagner: The last two trips to Long Branch the Seahawks are 2-0, outscoring the Hawks 71-36. Through the first five games, Wagner's Offense was impressive in the first four and non-existent in wk 5. The D finally showed up last week vs. Bryant. Maybe both will click this week. Wagner 31-21
SHU vs. SF(Pa): Tough call in this one. SF(Pa) would be the logical pick but I think SHU, at home, will find a way to win this one. SHU 30-24

andy7171
October 6th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, I think I'm going to get banned here. Can I submit my weekly choices through someone to kep my totals up to date. Apparently telling the truth about same day bussing has struck a nerve. Very disappointing.

aceinthehole
October 7th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Andy is as solid as they come on this board. There is no reason for a ban based on that thread, but if you do, send me a pm with your picks! xthumbsupx

Seahawks Fan
October 7th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Hey guys, I think I'm going to get banned here. Can I submit my weekly choices through someone to kep my totals up to date. Apparently telling the truth about same day bussing has struck a nerve. Very disappointing.

What is "same day bussing"?

NFLCB2
October 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Albany vs. Duquesnexeekx
Bryant @ Fordhamxeekx
CCSU vs. RMUxmadx
Monmouth vs. Wagnerxnonox
Sacred Heart vs.SFPAxcoffeex

JMG1MON
October 7th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne McCarty and the Danes D keeps the Danes unbeaten in conf. play
Bryant @ Fordham Bryant keeps it close but Fordham pulls away late.
CCSU vs. RMU Central is the better team and home.
Monmouth vs. Wagner Was planning to go to this game, but I'm sick and I'm having surgery in 3 weeks (need to get better for that). Sinisi continues his great play and hopefully our passing game gets to be used a little more. Didn't look half bad against ODU.
Sacred Heart vs. SFPA They have to win a conf. game eventually right???

Seahawks Fan
October 8th, 2009, 08:16 AM
JMG1MON get well soon. xthumbsupx

Original_RMC
October 8th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Agree...get well soon

bobcat7
October 8th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne – I can gain a game on everyone here or lose a game (more likely) on everyone here. Dukes could easily be at least 4-1. Is it the coaching staff (maybe they’ll try a 4th QB this week) or does their luck suck (don’t know which to blame)? They may be a very live underdog.

Bryant @ Fordham – Bryant can’t score enough and Skelton can bring back a loser in the 4th quarter if necessary.

CCSU vs. RMU – RMU = RMPoo.

Monmouth vs. Wagner - blowout

Sacred Heart vs. SFPA – Sacred Heart looks good for brief stretches. But, I still favor SF even after their long ride from hickland.

andy7171
October 8th, 2009, 01:16 PM
What is "same day bussing"?

when you get on a bus and drive to an AWAY game later that same day.

I don't think NEC teams would even contemplate doing such a thing to their student athletes to save a couple bucks.

dgreco
October 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM

I don't think NEC teams would even contemplate doing such a thing to their student athletes to save a couple bucks.

Bryant did it last year vs. Marist and they blew that game big time. I think this year they have left that plan out of action.

danefan
October 8th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Bryant did it last year vs. Marist and they blew that game big time. I think this year they have left that plan out of action.

Yeah, and that ride is only about 3 hours.

Original_RMC
October 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, and that ride is only about 3 hours.

I know Robert Morris did that when playing at SFPA but can't speak on what they do today.

danefan
October 8th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I know Robert Morris did that when playing at SFPA but can't speak on what they do today.

But that's only about 1hr 45 minutes away. The discussion was focused around driving same-day to long trips (over 3 hours).

Original_RMC
October 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM
But that's only about 1hr 45 minutes away. The discussion was focused around driving same-day to long trips (over 3 hours).

That information was not present so I thought we were just talking about what others team do.
So who did Towson play that was over 3 hours away and took a bus the day of the game?

UAalum72
October 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM
That information was not present so I thought we were just talking about what others team do.
So who did Towson play that was over 3 hours away and took a bus the day of the game?
They didn't. Andy7171 was part of the discussion on this thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64590)

danefan
October 8th, 2009, 03:03 PM

Sorry, I didn't intend it to be a criticism of your post. My apologies if it came off that way.

Original_RMC
October 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Sorry, I didn't intend it to be a criticism of your post. My apologies if it came off that way.

We are good...I did not take it that way

Seahawks Fan
October 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Wagner certainly does it when they travel to Monmouth, a 40 minute drive down the Garden State Parkway. They probably did when they played MAAC opponents Iona, St. Peters and Lasalle. But these schools are all close by.

downbythebeach
October 9th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA

andy7171
October 9th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Wagner certainly does it when they travel to Monmouth, a 40 minute drive down the Garden State Parkway. They probably did when they played MAAC opponents Iona, St. Peters and Lasalle. But these schools are all close by.

Yeah Towson does against Morgan State which is 4-5 miles away xlolx and Delaware which is 50 minutes. When I was playing we'd do the same to Howard which is right around an hour. But "they" were criticising a school for overnighting on a trip 3 hours away. Complete insanity.

BTW, I love picking NEC games. No idea why. I just love following your league.

RattlerFan70
October 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant @ Fordham
CCSU vs. RMU
Monmouth vs. Wagner
Sacred Heart vs.SFPA

JMG1MON
October 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the well wishers!!!

Back when I was at MU (only the manager), we same day bussed to LaSalle (which was a long day, about 2 hr, 15 min.), Stony Brook (only once and next year we played CW Post and also drove out day before), Sacred Heart twic, Wagner both times, and Albany once (that was murder, but it was a late start). The worst was the return trips though from SFPA and RMU. Actually, SFPA my soph year was the worst trip. A tractor trailer flipped over in a tunnel on PA Tpke, closing it, on the way out and then we got pulled over on I-195 on the way back to MU.