PDA

View Full Version : SRO Seating

chattanoogamocs
December 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I had mentioned earlier what a go-getter new stadium head Frank Burke was and that I figured if it was SRO, that he would make sure to get some temp. bleachers in...

Article from this afternoon...

(GCSEC Vice President) Smith said Lookouts owner Frank Burke, who is also in charge of Finley Stadium, plans to sell between 1,000 and 1,500 standing-room-only tickets.

"Frank plans to bring in some bleachers for the plaza area and hillside,'' Smith said. "Those would be included in the standing-room-only. He wants to make sure everything stays organized.''

Great Job Frank!

Cincy App
December 14th, 2005, 07:37 PM
That's good to hear. It's great to have a leader that's on the ball. The event seems better organized and promoted than before - congratulations. I'll be interested seeing in how many "locals" are in attendance on Friday. I attended the WKU-McNeese game and there were very few townspeople around. I realize that ticket sales through the UTC ticket office are much improved but I'm not sure how many of them are from loyal ASU and UNI fans.

I'm glad that the championship looks to be a big success to Chattanooga. I live in TN and would like nothing better than for the title game to remain in Chatt for years to come. Please remember next fall that ASU helped the success of the event so the Mocs can take it easy on the '06 Apps since we have struggled here in recent trips!

Mountain Man 2020
December 14th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Hopefully the lines at Will Call will be organized and swift as well!

GSUISBACK
December 14th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Is there anyway to get sponsor for this game, so there can be a payout?

JSU Fan
December 14th, 2005, 08:54 PM
The NCAA allow a payout?

Even if there were a title sponsor, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the teams to get anything other than expenses.

The profit would go back to Indy in a Brinks truck.

Out.

catamount man
December 14th, 2005, 09:09 PM
I hope the crowd starts a loud "I-AA, I-AA" chant so that it's heard on ESPN 2 all over the country. THAT would be awesome and send the "powers that be" a clear message about I-AA and our playoff system. Good luck to both schools, pulling for the Mountaineers. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!