PDA

View Full Version : Any Other App Fans Heard the Rumor About Willy Korn Transfering in?

ASU_Fanatic
October 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
I saw it on the message boards a few days ago. At Clemson now and almost won the starting job this year. He would be a junior next year and could have two years of eligibility. He was a huge recruit from Byrnes high school a couple years back. I would be thrilled.

SideLine Shooter
October 2nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
Why transfer to be a backup.xconfusedx

CID1990
October 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
The rumors have been propagated by one of the trainers at clempson. It is possible that he will transfer since he is not going to start in Pickens.

That being said, he does not fit into ASU's system at all. I am frankly surprised that he is not considering either Furman (maybe a little too close to home), Wofford or perhaps one of the CAA teams.

Cadet is a much better QB than Korn, especially in the spread. In fact, if ASU sticks with the spread after AE is gone, there is no way that Korn would even win the starting job there.

Reign of Terrier
October 2nd, 2009, 10:40 PM
no way he gets to Wofford, we don't like the "pocket passing" kind.

ASU_Fanatic
October 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah I dont think he would start over Cadet either, but I still thought it was interesting.

Reign of Terrier
October 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
I could see him going to Furman, Chatty, or Sammy though

ASU_Fanatic
October 2nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah me to, or a CAA team. I definately dont think he will be in a CU uniform next year.

AppState
October 2nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Korn and Cobb?

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
I could see him going to Furman, Chatty, or Sammy though

He should go to Furman. They are losing their QB and he would fit right in that system. Plus, it is not far from home. That would be a perfect fit for him.

youwouldno
October 3rd, 2009, 12:01 AM
I don't think Furman would take him at this point. The Paladins are looking to move towards more athleticism at the QB position, with Forcier of course transferring in and a talented recruit redshirting this season (Hollingsworth).

Anyway, if Korn decided to transfer I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

Skjellyfetti
October 3rd, 2009, 12:03 AM
He is asked about it in this interview:
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=videonetwork&videoID=1278602784

Says it's just a rumor...

asknoquarter21
October 3rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
I don't get it. In a spread like we run the QB Must be a good runner. The passing game is simplified to give 2 or 3 reads per play. The final read is to run, and as a QB gets to be a better passer you will see him run less out of passing plays.

We don't need a QB that doesn't give us the advantage of having 12 men on the field. I think he is crazy to want to come to app and honestly I don't even see app accepting him.

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Can he play defense?

ASU_Fanatic
October 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Can he play defense?Good point we he cant possibly be any worse than some of those guys on our D.

nms1987
October 18th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Why are we talking about Willy Korn like he can not run?

Rivals.com listed his 40 as 4.55, Scout as 4.62. Scout listed "Speed/Running Ability" as a plus of his as a recruit and Rivals classified him as a "dual threat" (ie.. running QB/athlete) as a recruit.

He is definitely a mobile QB.
I would LOVE to have him at App next year after Armanti leaves

That being said, he is not going to transfer because Kyle Parker is almost certainly going to go pro in baseball this coming spring. He is only a redshirt-Freshman in football but he is a junior in baseball because he graduated HS in December 07 so he could do spring practice with the football team but, when he got on campus, decided he wanted to play baseball too and wound up being a all-ACC and freshman All-America in 08 (when he would have been playing his senior year of HS baseball).
He is a C/OF with plus power and arm strength and some athleticism and that will get him drafted in the first few rounds (the bonuses are 250k-1mil in that range) despite his trouble making contact at times.
He could come back next fall and play one more year of football, but that isn't necessarily all that likely.
Parker's pro baseball future is significantly brighter than his NFL future.
Plus, Parker hasn't exactly locked down the Clemson QB job right now. He has been OK, but nothing more.

Long story short, the strong possibility of Parker going pro in baseball after spring 2010 gives Korn a good shot at starting for his dream school, Clemson. He won't transfer unless Parker unexpectedly decides against baseball.

nms1987
October 18th, 2009, 05:19 PM
"I think he is crazy to want to come to app and honestly I don't even see app accepting him."

You're crazy. That is hyperbole.
There isn't an FCS school in the land that would not gladly accept a guy (assuming no bad grades or off-field issues) just 3 years removed from being a 4/5 star QB recruit who has completed 41 of the 60 passes he has gotten to attempt when he did play in the ACC.

I'm not saying you'd start him if you had a returning star QB like Armanti but not a coach in the FCS would say he isn't good enough to play for them. At the VERY LEAST he'd be the best backup QB you could ever ask for.

ASU_Fanatic
October 18th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I hope we get him then convert Cadet to a HB.

nms1987
October 18th, 2009, 09:28 PM
While we're dreaming about QBs that aren't going to transfer I'd love to get Wisconsin freshman Curt Phillips. Hes from Kingsport, TN, he's big (6-3, 228) and hes a great runner (135 yards on 10 career carries) and he is supposedly an accurate passer as well.
He probably won't transfer and could start for 'consin as a soph or, at least, a junior.

But if he ever wanted to leave Wisconsin I would LOVE to see him do a Teblow impersonation in the App spread and App would be the most logical choice for him if he ever needed to move to FCS consider our offense + his skills and the fact the he is a local kid.

Woof
October 19th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Isn't there a rule that all D-1 transfers must go to either Delaware or Furman ?:p

SideLine Shooter
October 19th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Isn't there a rule that all D-1 transfers must go to either Delaware or Furman ?:p

I think UNI is included in that group also.xnodx

OL FU
October 19th, 2009, 08:24 AM

IF there isn't, there should bexthumbsupx

PS didn't you guys get one from Navy:p