PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Eligibility

SumItUp
September 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Which teams are not eligible for playoffs due to FCS transition or other reasons? Please add the year that they will be eligible if you know it.

aggiemba
September 29th, 2009, 06:57 PM
UC Davis - Reason: Inability to win games

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Which teams are not eligible for playoffs due to FCS transition or other reasons? Please add the year that they will be eligible if you know it.

Well?

UAalum72
September 29th, 2009, 07:45 PM
NCAA attendance report lists the following as Reclassifying/Provisional:

Winston-Salem
Central Ark.
N.C. Central
South Dakota
Bryant
Presbyterian

I don't know why North Dakota isn't also on there. Old Dominion was already D-I so they may be eligible, next year if not now, but would have to be an at-large because they're not playing a CAA schedule yet. I think Bryant is eligible in 2012.

And somebody else is on probation

Native
September 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Eastern Washington has been banned from post-season play for NCAA violations. EWU has lodged an appeal which will apparently be adjudicated before the end of the regular season.

UAalum72
September 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Also Jacksonville St. banned for APR issues, right?

JaxSinfonian
September 29th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Also Jacksonville St. banned for APR issues, right?

Yes. Chattanooga too.

Unsure of when the bans might be lifted as I believe it depends on APR scores going forward.

TheValleyRaider
September 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Old Dominion is definitely eligible this year, but given they'd have to qualify as an at-large, their schedule practically prohibits that from happening

WUTNDITWAA
September 29th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Old Dominion is definitely eligible this year, but given they'd have to qualify as an at-large, their schedule practically prohibits that from happening

Not going to happen, but that would tick off the San Diego folks.

griz8791
September 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM
. . . I don't know why North Dakota isn't also on there . . .

The NCAA's [in]famous attention to detail?

Model Citizen
September 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I don't know why North Dakota isn't also on there.

'Guessing that the low level NCAA employee who compiled the list omitted UND after noting that they play D-I hockey. In any case, I agree that they are ineligible for the football championship.

ValleyChamp
September 29th, 2009, 08:47 PM

xlolx

JSU02
September 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Yes. Chattanooga too.

Unsure of when the bans might be lifted as I believe it depends on APR scores going forward.

Since we have a 950 for this year (or this past year, how ever you want to count it)i thought it was gonna be lifted in Mayxconfusedx

JoshUCA
September 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Central Arkansas will be (pending NCAA reviews and such) a full fledged NCAA Division I member in 2010-2011!

Monarch Nation
September 30th, 2009, 06:58 AM

I calculate that if we win our remaining games with shutouts while averaging 100 points per game, and if 40 other teams come down with massive broken legs, then we have an outside chance this year.

BEAR
September 30th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Central Arkansas will be (pending NCAA reviews and such) a full fledged NCAA Division I member in 2010-2011!

UCA will be post season eligible in 2010. Thank you. (Will we get there is another story) xlolx

McNeese72
September 30th, 2009, 07:37 AM

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

About damn time! Too bad the push led by the Southland in the past to shorten the transition time failed.

Doc

TheValleyRaider
September 30th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I calculate that if we win our remaining games with shutouts while averaging 100 points per game, and if 40 other teams come down with massive broken legs, then we have an outside chance this year.

I said "practically" xsmiley_wix

WestCoastAggie
September 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM
UCA will be post season eligible in 2010. Thank you. (Will we get there is another story) xlolx
You all would actually be my favorite to win the SLC. xthumbsupx

DaveK
September 30th, 2009, 10:27 AM
UND and USD will both be eligible in 2012.

R.A.
September 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Eastern Washington has been banned from post-season play for NCAA violations. EWU has lodged an appeal which will apparently be adjudicated before the end of the regular season.

Wow, I didn't know that!

aceinthehole
September 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM
UND and USD will both be eligible in 2012.

Same with Bryant, they can win the NEC football AQ (or an at-large bid) begining in 2012.

*Bryant's MLax team is 1 year ahead of schedule, allowed by the NCAA "fast track" reclassification option, but all other teams become NCAA post season eligible begining in fall 2012