PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnetwork All-American Team is a Joke

UNH 40
December 14th, 2005, 09:55 AM
How is it even possible that sportsnetwork take themselve seriously as site that supposedly covers I-AA football when they leave David Ball off the First team offense. It is an absolute joke that the most dangerous and dynamic offensive player this year and eventually ever (seeing that he will no doubt shatter Jerry Rice's career touchdown reception record of 50, Ball has 45 and one year left with Santos throwing the ball to him and possibly Rice's most games with more than 100 yds recieving record), not be recognized for his unheard of numbers and ability. By the way how about considering this; If David Ball had played for more than a half or three quarters in the 8 blowout wins that UNH had this season Jerry Rice would most likely already be second on the all-time touchdown record list to non other than David Ball. But instead you chose two who for the most part played in every minute of every game and still couldn't top Ball's stats. Not to mention that Ball received 84 votes for the payton award compared to the 45 that the two First Teamers received combined. So please write me back because would love to here your reasoning behind this major blunder by you folks.
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

bandl
December 14th, 2005, 09:57 AM
How is it even possible that sportsnetwork take themselve seriously as site that supposedly covers I-AA football when they leave David Ball off the First team offense. It is an absolute joke that the most dangerous and dynamic offensive player this year and eventually ever (seeing that he will no doubt shatter Jerry Rice's career touchdown reception record of 50, Ball has 45 and one year left with Santos throwing the ball to him and possibly Rice's most games with more than 100 yds recieving record), not be recognized for his unheard of numbers and ability. By the way how about considering this; If David Ball had played for more than a half or three quarters in the 8 blowout wins that UNH had this season Jerry Rice would most likely already be second on the all-time touchdown record list to non other than David Ball. But instead you chose two who for the most part played in every minute of every game and still couldn't top Ball's stats. Not to mention that Ball received 84 votes for the payton award compared to the 45 that the two First Teamers received combined. So please write me back because would love to here your reasoning behind this major blunder by you folks.

First of all....serious question here....who are the actual voters?

Cap'n Cat
December 14th, 2005, 10:06 AM

The only thing I can think is that there were A LOT of great players in I-AA this year, from coast to coast. Be careful not to think with a homer bias.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin', ya know?

:)

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2005, 10:11 AM
I completely understand the outrage. I'm not a UNH homer, and I haven't seen Ill St. WR Laurent Robinson play, but I did see Ball play and I am incredulous how he didn't make the first team. Having him lose to another junior is another outrage.

I saw him vs. Hofstra, and I saw him catch 3 TD passes and make some incredible one-handed grabs. Anyone who didn't have him on their ballot first-team just hasn't been paying attention.

kalm
December 14th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I'll homer-up and say Kimble belongs. But how can you deny Ball with 24 TD's?

GannonFan
December 14th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Gotta agree with the outrage on this one too - Ball may be the best player in IAA at any position. I gotta wonder how good Santos would be with just an ordinary receiver there rather than Ball. While I'm a bit shocked about the slight, it's fairly typical of what comes out from Sports Network a lot - IAA attention is a bit sparse and not very deep.

Cap'n Cat
December 14th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Gotta agree with the outrage on this one too - Ball may be the best player in IAA at any position. I gotta wonder how good Santos would be with just an ordinary receiver there rather than Ball. While I'm a bit shocked about the slight, it's fairly typical of what comes out from Sports Network a lot - IAA attention is a bit sparse and not very deep.

Agree with that.

colgate13
December 14th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I'll be honest: I missed that the first time around. I actually would have assumed he was first team!

Shame, shame, shame...

how about the AFCA Team though? Ball is on it, but Kimble is not and Corey Roberts of SHS is!

bcrawf
December 14th, 2005, 10:48 AM
New Hampshire having a homer bias... Say it ain't so!! Just Kidding. He did deserve 1st team although maybe dropping F-Bombs on TV cost him???? :confused:

UNH 40
December 14th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I am a UNH fan but i also feel that it is rediculous that Willie Colon a 6'4" 315 offensive tackle who i played against last year and was hands down the best player i faced all year was not a first teamer.

UNH 40
December 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Willie Colon plays for hofstra he is a beast i forgot to mention that.

Maverick
December 14th, 2005, 11:18 AM
With him being 6-4 and 315, you didn't need to mention that he was a beast. But from someone who has lined up against him, that is high praise indeed especially when you consider how close the Wildcats came to losing that game!! Appreciate the honesty!!!

REALBird
December 14th, 2005, 11:42 AM
No doubt with the numbers he put up Ball should have been 1st team AA, but who do you leave off?? Maybe Kimble, but not Robinson.

Regular Season stats alone, here's how they compare.

Kimble, 69 rec, 1109 yds, 8 TDS
Robinson, 86 rec, 1465 yds, 12 TDS
Ball, 68 rec, 1190 yds, 18 TDS

Clearly Ball has a distinct advantage in TD's over both of the other men. Robinson has a clear advantage in receiving yards. Ball avg. 17.5 yards a catch, Robinson avg. an even 17 yards a catch. Not sure about Kimble.

Ball played against no Division I-A teams this year in the regular season, and no playoff teams during the regular season. Maybe the voters assumed his numbers were against inferior competition.

Robinson put up big numbers against Divsion I-A Iowa State, and playoff teams Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, and Eastern Illinois.

In a head to head comparision against a similar opponent Northern Iowa:

Ball 10 rec, 188 yds, 2 TD (18.8 yds/catch) in a losing effort
Robinson 10 rec, 243 yards, 3 TD (24.3 yds/catch) in win.

Clearly Ball and Robinson were the cream of the crop of D-1AA receivers, but being the homer on this one.......maybe some attention should be focused on Kimble's questionable selection, and not L-Rob.

Robinson faced double coverage most of the season, and when teams choose to cover him one on one, it was fun to watch. If interested, I have the copy of ILS vs. SIU on DVD. Anyone wanting to see LRob in action send me an e-mail ([email protected]) and I'll get you a copy to see for yourself that he was legit.

DB_Atlantic10
December 14th, 2005, 11:50 AM
No doubt with the numbers he put up Ball should have been 1st team AA, but who do you leave off?? Maybe Kimble, but not Robinson.

Regular Season stats alone, here's how they compare.

Kimble, 69 rec, 1109 yds, 8 TDS
Robinson, 86 rec, 1465 yds, 12 TDS
Ball, 68 rec, 1190 yds, 18 TDS

Clearly Ball has a distinct advantage in TD's over both of the other men. Robinson has a clear advantage in receiving yards. Ball avg. 17.5 yards a catch, Robinson avg. an even 17 yards a catch. Not sure about Kimble.

Ball played against no Division I teams this year in the regular season, and no playoff teams during the regular season. Maybe the voters assumed his numbers were against inferior competition.

Robinson put up big numbers against Divsion I-A Iowa State, and playoff teams Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, and Eastern Illinois.

In a head to head comparision against a similar opponent Northern Iowa:

Ball 10 rec, 188 yds, 2 TD (18.8 yds/catch) in a losing effort
Robinson 10 rec, 243 yards, 3 TD (24.3 yds/catch) in win.

Clearly Ball and Robinson were the cream of the crop of D-1AA receivers, but being the homer on this one.......maybe some attention should be focused on Kimble's questionable selection, and not L-Rob.

Robinson faced double coverage most of the season, and when teams choose to cover him one on one, it was fun to watch. If interested, I have the copy of ILS vs. SIU on DVD. Anyone wanting to see LRob in action send me an e-mail ([email protected]) and I'll get you a copy to see for yourself that he was legit.

Great post....... :beerchug:

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2005, 12:20 PM
SANTOS.....COMPLETION PCT. 70.16........39 TD PASSES.....9 INT'S!
MEYER.......COMPLETION PCT. 65.61........30 TD PASSES.....5 INT'S!

BALL.........24 TD'S....13 GAMES....87 CATCHES...1551 YDS
ROBINSON..12 TD'S....11 GAMES....86 CATCHES...1465 YDS
KIMBLE......12 TD'S....12 GAMES....87 CATCHES...1419 YDS

LADS........SANTOS & BALL...WERE HOSED...........:eyebrow:............BRAWK!

colgate13
December 14th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Ball played against no Division I teams this year in the regular season, and no playoff teams during the regular season. Maybe the voters assumed his numbers were against inferior competition.

uh, what???

I'm kinda thinkin' that the 11 Division I-AA games on the UNH schedule qualify. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

bandl
December 14th, 2005, 12:54 PM
uh, what???

I'm kinda thinkin' that the 11 Division I-AA games on the UNH schedule qualify. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Looks like a Newbie doesn't know that I-AA is Division ONE...

blur2005
December 14th, 2005, 01:14 PM
That'll be -5 points on REALBird's respectablitily rating.

There is no way David Ball should not be on the first team. Obviously, it should be him and Laurent. Sorry Kimble.

REALBird
December 14th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Sorry Guys, and thanks for correcting me on the I-AA point. I'll gladly give up the -5 for the mistake, but like I said.....Definitely Ball and Robinson, Kimble is suspect!

Reed Rothchild
December 14th, 2005, 01:51 PM
I saw all 3 play. I saw Ball on tv and the other 2 in person.

Kimble
Robinson
Ball

No question.

Sometimes the A-10 homers need to realize there is great football being played in other conferences than the A-10.

UNH 40
December 14th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Ok, then using that logic since you are now considered the best team in the Gateway conference then that would mean that David Ball would torch all those teams for more then 10 catches for 188 yds and three touchdowns that he put up against your ball club. Lets remember that we are talking about a player that is mentioned in the same sentence as JERRY RICE as far as I-AA number and records are conserned. How can you look past that and rank him behind kimble and robinson.

Reed Rothchild
December 14th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Ok, then using that logic since you are now considered the best team in the Gateway conference then that would mean that David Ball would torch all those teams for more then 10 catches for 188 yds and three touchdowns that he put up against your ball club. Lets remember that we are talking about a player that is mentioned in the same sentence as JERRY RICE as far as I-AA number and records are conserned. How can you look past that and rank him behind kimble and robinson.

Thats not my logic at at. I based by opinion on direct observations of the way they I've seen them play. Some of the people here have never seen Robinson or Kimble play. Many more have seen Ball.

kalm
December 14th, 2005, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Reed Rothchild]I saw all 3 play. I saw Ball on tv and the other 2 in person.

Kimble
Robinson
Ball

No question.

Thanks Reed.

It's amazing how much respect has been shown EWU by it's opponents. We've seen this type of comment often and also in regards to Eric Meyer. I would agree, after watching Santos and Ball, that while their numbers are impressive they are neither physically or mechanically at the level of Kimble and Meyer. Perhaps after another year of maturity and work they will be.

I don't blame those who haven't seen Meyer and Kimble for thinking they are less deserving. But remember, figures lie and liars figure. ;) It's too bad we all don't have greater access to watch 1-AA outside of our region. None the less, the voters must know something the rest of you do not.

It is nice to see east coast bias not rear its ugly head, hopefully the same will be true for the Payton.

GannonFan
December 14th, 2005, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Reed Rothchild]I saw all 3 play. I saw Ball on tv and the other 2 in person.

Kimble
Robinson
Ball

No question.

Thanks Reed.

It's amazing how much respect has been shown EWU by it's opponents. We've seen this type of comment often and also in regards to Eric Meyer. I would agree, after watching Santos and Ball, that while their numbers are impressive they are neither physically or mechanically at the level of Kimble and Meyer. Perhaps after another year of maturity and work they will be.

I don't blame those who haven't seen Meyer and Kimble for thinking they are less deserving. But remember, figures lie and liars figure. ;) It's too bad we all don't have greater access to watch 1-AA outside of our region. None the less, the voters must know something the rest of you do not.

It is nice to see east coast bias not rear its ugly head, hopefully the same will be true for the Payton.

Hey, people didn't recruit Ball very heavily out of high school maybe because, as you say, he doesn't strike someone as a physically gifted receiver. However, all he does is produce on the field. I'll take that over some perceived physical talent when judging players. Maybe this is an anti-east coast/A10 bias going on here????

bandl
December 14th, 2005, 02:58 PM

Kimble
Robinson
Ball

No question.

Thanks Reed.

I'll admit that I didn't see Kimble/Meyer play this year. And maybe it's just me....but if Kimble/Meyer are so great, how did EWU end up at 7-4? Yes, I understand that they won the important games they had to, against some good teams, in order to win their conference and get the auto-bid (otherwise they sat at home instead of losing their playoff game). And yes, I understand that 1 of the losses was against a 2005 playoff team. But what about the losses to Weber State...Idaho State (losses to Cal Poly and DI SJS are forgiveable)?? What gives? Was one of them injured in those losses? If so, that definitely explains alot to me.

Chi Panther
December 14th, 2005, 03:27 PM
What IF Robinson's QB was Meyer or Santos??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

grizband
December 14th, 2005, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=kalm]

I'll admit that I didn't see Kimble/Meyer play this year. And maybe it's just me....but if Kimble/Meyer are so great, how did EWU end up at 7-4? Yes, I understand that they won the important games they had to, against some good teams, in order to win their conference and get the auto-bid (otherwise they sat at home instead of losing their playoff game). And yes, I understand that 1 of the losses was against a 2005 playoff team. But what about the losses to Weber State...Idaho State (losses to Cal Poly and DI SJS are forgiveable)?? What gives? Was one of them injured in those losses? If so, that definitely explains alot to me.
Weber State was vastly under-rated this year. They came within a dropped pass of beating UM, and it took some Lulay magic for the Cats to beat them. They could be good under this new coach.

REALBird
December 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM
What IF Robinson's QB was Meyer or Santos??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey Luke Drone was no slouch....but I see what you're saying. LRob put up those kind of numbers with a QB that was a walk-on. Do you hear me? WALK-ON! Drone was getting ready to play baseball this time last year, and all the kid did was pass for nearly 3000 yards this year.

What if Robinson had Santos or Meyer as his QB? Would his numbers be more or less impressive? What if Kimble or Ball had a walk-on QB throwing to them, would their numbers be any less impressive?

It's all subjective, but don't sleep on Robinson for all you who haven't seen him. The fact that he wasn't added to the Payton award list until the final week of voting....and he still finished 10th should just be fuel for a nice duel between he and Ball next year for the Payton.

kalm
December 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=kalm]

Hey, people didn't recruit Ball very heavily out of high school maybe because, as you say, he doesn't strike someone as a physically gifted receiver. However, all he does is produce on the field. I'll take that over some perceived physical talent when judging players. Maybe this is an anti-east coast/A10 bias going on here????

Growing up a Seahawks and Steve Largent fan, I'm down with the type of receiver that Ball is. But are you implying that Kimble only has perceived talent? If you think Kimble hasn't produced on the field, you need to take the blinders off. Thinking like that would certainly foment an anti-east coast/A10 bias. Perhaps less physical receivers or for that matter option QB's who flourish in the A10 couldn't pass muster out west or in the Gateway where big boys play football. :)

As for Meyer and Kimble's performance in the Idaho St. and Weber St. games, Meyer went 31-48 for 364 yds and 2 TD's against ISU, Kimble had 7 catches for 91 yds and 1 TD. Against WSU, Meyer went 18-37 for 292 and 1 TD, while Kimble caught 6 for 136 and a TD. Probably their two worst performances though they both were suffering leg cramps agains WSU, and Kimble only played on third downs. But you can hardly blame the losses on those two. Poor special teams let ISU play a short field the 1st half and EWU dug a hole they almost, but couldn't climb out of. Some mishaps in the redzone hurt us agains WSU. But as any UNI fan can attest, Meyer had no protection, was chased around all season, and these two did their damage with an injury depleted O-line made up of sophomores and freshmen. The defense was even more banged up. Oh well, with a little more help around them who knows.

Reed Rothchild
December 14th, 2005, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=kalm]

I'll admit that I didn't see Kimble/Meyer play this year. And maybe it's just me....but if Kimble/Meyer are so great, how did EWU end up at 7-4?

The same reason they lost to UNI. You give EWU a better offensive and defensive line (that weren't beat up all year), and they are still playing. That is what makes Meyer to Kimball even more special. Meyer was harassed and hit a lot and they still made some ridiculous plays.

blackfordpu
December 14th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Anyone want to post the teams?

Tunkmaster
December 14th, 2005, 06:59 PM
First of all....serious question here....who are the actual voters?

The TSN All-America team is voted by SIDs and "selected media". The AFCA All-America team is voted by coaches.

TigerFan17
December 14th, 2005, 07:00 PM
No way Santos would be what he is without Ball. All he had to do was but the football in the kid's general area and Ball would come down with it 99% of the time. He has more highlight-reel catches than anyone I've seen in I-AA. And, hes just not all highlight reel...hes a workhorse of a receiver. You can't deny his numbers or his abilities.

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2005, 07:10 PM
BALL HAD 24....DAT RIGHT...24 TOUCHDOWNS!........2X.....ROBINSON & KIMBLE............FOOTBALL IS UH-BOUT....SCORIN' DERE CORN BELTERS!.........waa waa........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I saw all 3 play. I saw Ball on tv and the other 2 in person.

Kimble
Robinson
Ball

No question.

Sometimes the A-10 homers need to realize there is great football being played in other conferences than the A-10.

BALL HAD 24...DAT RIGHT...24 TOUCHDOWN CATCHES....2X......KIMBLE OR ROBINSON!.............FOOTBALL IS UH-BOUT SCORIN' LADS!......12 MORE TD'S..DAN DUH FIRST TEAMERS....INSANE!........xazzx.......BRAWK!

Chi Panther
December 14th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Did UNI get any AA representation....too lazy to look thru it.....

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Did UNI get any AA representation....too lazy to look thru it.....

ME THINKS...DAT...REED ROTHCHILD........WAS CHOSEN ALL AMERICAN....BOOB!..........:xmas:........BRAWK!

Reed Rothchild
December 14th, 2005, 08:52 PM
ME THINKS...DAT...REED ROTHCHILD........WAS CHOSEN ALL AMERICAN....BOOB!..........:xmas:........BRAWK!

Thanks!!! Good to be all-american something!

grizfan86
December 14th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Eric Meyers is the best Q.B. I've seen play in Missoula since, well, Dave Dickenson. Craig Ochs was more of a coach and field general than Q.B., and given his way would have walked away with it all, but coaches can hold a guy back. But I digress. Meyers picked our guys apart, and Kimble ran wild in our secondary. If there is a better combo I would be surprised. The UNH team we played here last year didn't have Ball, he was injured. Santos did all he could with what he had, but if it had been Meyers I would have been a lot more worried. EastCoast/WestCoast Bias I don't care, but the fact is that a lot of you folks from the East don't see the games in the west, but we here in Missoula get to see a lot of the Eastern teams, because we have played a lot of you in the playoffs. Listen to UNI fans, they know how good these guys were. No disrespect to anybody, and I wish UNH would have been healthy last year, but the Southern Conference teams and Youngstown State have the respect of Griz Fans. Go ahead and keep the trophy in the East this year, but the West will rise again.

shakdaddy3
December 14th, 2005, 09:26 PM

All-American voting is a season to season process, not a "he's had a great career let's vote on him" process..

I think Ball should be in, I've seen all three play too and I gotta say L-Rob and Ball, then Kimble too. And the UNI defense isn't that amazing in the first place - sorry fellas, I think it's true especially of the secondary - but don't say that Ball would torch every single Gateway team with 10 or more catches because that logic is illogical. :doh:

UNH 40
December 14th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Eric Meyers is the best Q.B. I've seen play in Missoula since, well, Dave Dickenson. Craig Ochs was more of a coach and field general than Q.B., and given his way would have walked away with it all, but coaches can hold a guy back. But I digress. Meyers picked our guys apart, and Kimble ran wild in our secondary. If there is a better combo I would be surprised. The UNH team we played here last year didn't have Ball, he was injured. Santos did all he could with what he had, but if it had been Meyers I would have been a lot more worried. EastCoast/WestCoast Bias I don't care, but the fact is that a lot of you folks from the East don't see the games in the west, but we here in Missoula get to see a lot of the Eastern teams, because we have played a lot of you in the playoffs. Listen to UNI fans, they know how good these guys were. No disrespect to anybody, and I wish UNH would have been healthy last year, but the Southern Conference teams and Youngstown State have the respect of Griz Fans. Go ahead and keep the trophy in the East this year, but the West will rise again.

I played for UNH last year when we visited Massoula I absolutely loved it out there and your stadium is without a doubt the nicest stadium in I-AA. However you must remember that last year when we played you guys Ricky Santos was a freshman with just 12 games under his belt and his security blanket at the time was david ball and he was hurt. If you look at this season ricky santos completed 35 or more passes to 5 different players. He has thrown 70 touchdown passes in 2 years and he is a sophmore. his record is also 21-5.

UNH 40
December 14th, 2005, 10:08 PM
All-American voting is a season to season process, not a "he's had a great career let's vote on him" process..

I think Ball should be in, I've seen all three play too and I gotta say L-Rob and Ball, then Kimble too. And the UNI defense isn't that amazing in the first place - sorry fellas, I think it's true especially of the secondary - but don't say that Ball would torch every single Gateway team with 10 or more catches because that logic is illogical. :doh:

yes i know and David Ball had 24 touchdowns this season. Let me also again remind you that he was always double teamed and in 8 blow out wins was done at either halftime or the third quarter. Their is not a D-back in the country that can stop him of two for that matter.

UNH_ORACLE
December 14th, 2005, 11:42 PM
I find it very odd that TSN left Ball off the 1st team however I also am a bit happy because I know it will give David that much more desire to prove his ability. Secondly, I could give a crap if some know it alls like Matt Dougherty vote him to their prestigous team, he got voted by all the people that actually know the game, the coaches, to the first team. Did David deserve TSN 1st team? No question, thats why he was on it last year with slightly worse numbers. There is no sense in me arguing whether Kimble or Robinson are better players, I'm sure they're unreal and run 4.3 forties and have nasty hands, so congrats to them. But c'mon people are you telling me someone who had 24 TDs isnt an All-American, someone who finished 7th in the Walter Payton Award isnt an All-American, I think there is some bias here and I dont think its on my coast...

kalm
December 15th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Santos and Ball are great! There just not the best this year. :smiley_wi

MR. CHICKEN
December 15th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Thanks!!! Good to be all-american something!

REED ROTHCHILD......NAMED TA MR. CHICKEN'S...."ALL GOOD SPORT" TEAM!...............xsmoochx.............BRAWK!

UNI92
December 15th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I think that Ball got the hose job, but Robinson from ISU is on another level than others. He could start for Texas or USC.
Ball impressed me with his hands and adjustments to the ball, but can he get open and run after the catch against better athletes than in the A-10?
It's a lot easier to run away from some pasty future accountants & medical profession DBs from Dartmouth and Maine than the Gateway.

UNH 40
December 15th, 2005, 07:19 AM
I think that Ball got the hose job, but Robinson from ISU is on another level than others. He could start for Texas or USC.
Ball impressed me with his hands and adjustments to the ball, but can he get open and run after the catch against better athletes than in the A-10?
It's a lot easier to run away from some pasty future accountants & medical profession DBs from Dartmouth and Maine than the Gateway.

Robinson is a great talent, no doubt about it. And yes david ball can get open and run after the catch against the big boys, a great example last season against rutgers the week after the beat Michigan State Ball had 9 catches for 132 and 2 TD's while being double teamed all day. Ball is a 7 foot high jumper, and runs a 4.5 forty on grass, add that to his 6'3" 195lbs frame and you have a player that is open against almost anybody in college football player regardless of what division they are in.

colgate13
December 15th, 2005, 07:30 AM
The TSN All-America team is voted by SIDs and "selected media". The AFCA All-America team is voted by coaches.

TUNKMASTER!!!!
Welcome to AGS!!!!!!!!:hyped::hyped::hyped::hyped::hyped:xpro st2x:beerchug::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

AppGuy04
December 15th, 2005, 07:36 AM
I know you guys are discussing QB's, but that seems to be just the beginning

In the SoCon, the co-players of the year were Chad Nkang and Katon Bethay, with Marques Murrell on the outside looking in

but on the TSN All-American team, Nkang and Murrell made 1st team defense, while Katon made 3rd, just looks a little screwy to me

MACHIAVELLI
December 16th, 2005, 08:19 AM
SANTOS.....COMPLETION PCT. 70.16........39 TD PASSES.....9 INT'S!
MEYER.......COMPLETION PCT. 65.61........30 TD PASSES.....5 INT'S!

BALL.........24 TD'S....13 GAMES....87 CATCHES...1551 YDS
ROBINSON..12 TD'S....11 GAMES....86 CATCHES...1465 YDS
KIMBLE......12 TD'S....12 GAMES....87 CATCHES...1419 YDS

LADS........SANTOS & BALL...WERE HOSED...........:eyebrow:............BRAWK!

Eugene & Tolbert were HOSED

Bruce Eugene..........56 td's......6 ints.........................4,408 yds
Henry Tolbert.........19td's......12 games......74 catches...1,391 yds

I agree Sports Network is a joke along with Tony & Matt

AppFootballAlum
December 16th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Eugene & Tolbert were HOSED

Bruce Eugene..........56 td's......6 ints.........................4,408 yds
Henry Tolbert.........19td's......12 games......74 catches...1,391 yds

I agree Sports Network is a joke along with Tony & Matt

NCAA Stats - Seems like a dead heat to me. QB rating is only a 1 pt difference between Santos and Meyer

Ricky Santos, New Hampshire QB SO 13 429 301 70.16 9 2.10 3797 8.85 39 9.09 - Efficiency rating -170.3
5 Erik Meyer, Eastern Wash. QB SR 12 410 269 65.61 5 1.22 4003 9.76 30 7.32 - Efficiency rating - 169.3

MACHIAVELLI
December 16th, 2005, 08:29 AM
NCAA Stats - Seems like a dead heat to me. QB rating is only a 1 pt difference between Santos and Meyer

Ricky Santos, New Hampshire QB SO 13 429 301 70.16 9 2.10 3797 8.85 39 9.09 - Efficiency rating -170.3
5 Erik Meyer, Eastern Wash. QB SR 12 410 269 65.61 5 1.22 4003 9.76 30 7.32 - Efficiency rating - 169.3

Bruce Eugene's QB Rating: 175.2351

GannonFan
December 16th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Bruce Eugene's QB Rating: 175.2351

Come on, Mach, we all know why Eugene was not among the final 3 for the Payton Award. The SWAC has been down in perceived quality for several years now, and Grambling just didn't play anyone of note outside of the conference, so that perceived lack of quality opposition ended up dooming his chances, despite the stats. Hey, if he ends up in the pros and does well maybe that will prove that he was snubbed - however, in light of the opposition he faced, we'll never really know.

MACHIAVELLI
December 16th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Come on, Mach, we all know why Eugene was not among the final 3 for the Payton Award. The SWAC has been down in perceived quality for several years now, and Grambling just didn't play anyone of note outside of the conference, so that perceived lack of quality opposition ended up dooming his chances, despite the stats. Hey, if he ends up in the pros and does well maybe that will prove that he was snubbed - however, in light of the opposition he faced, we'll never really know.

I think you are missing the point. Good players get shafted.

GannonFan
December 16th, 2005, 10:03 AM
I think you are missing the point. Good players get shafted.

Well obviously some good players will get shafted - only one guy can win this thing and I'm sure there are 20 some guys with great stats and great years that can be considered "shafted" because they didn't win. You can't give out 20 of these awards to make everybody happy.

bandl
December 16th, 2005, 10:07 AM
You can't give out 20 of these awards to make everybody happy.

Sure you can...it's called the 'I-A Bowl System'...and they have about 80 awards as of 12/15/05...might be up to around 90 today!!! :hurray: :hurray: :eek: :eek:

colgate13
December 16th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I'm with Gannon Fan. The Ivy folks are saying Hartigan got shafted... No one got shafted! Meyer was a great player and very deserving. Getting shafted means choosing someone not qualified...

TypicalTribe
December 16th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I'm with Gannon Fan. The Ivy folks are saying Hartigan got shafted... No one got shafted! Meyer was a great player and very deserving. Getting shafted means choosing someone not qualified...

Well said. I was pulling for Hartigan but I certainly think Meyer was deserving.