PDA

View Full Version : NoCo was out SEVEN starters against Montana State.

ncbears
September 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I am not saying that's the reason we lost but it certainly takes a toll. You still might have beaten us, but let's face it. When we have that many starters out, the odds are very much against us. Hopefully we got those guys healed up.

catbob
September 27th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Trust me, us Cat fans know the pain of losing starters and how it affects your season. The great teams at this level have depth, but a lot of teams just don't have that quality down the ranks.

I could see Harris getting visibly frustrated, at what I assume was his offensive line.

I know some Bears fans are gloom and doom right now and want Downing to go, but as you said injuries can be pretty devastating for a team.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I am not saying that's the reason we lost but it certainly takes a toll. You still might have beaten us, but let's face it. When we have that many starters out, the odds are very much against us. Hopefully we got those guys healed up.

I think that number was a little inflated, I only counted five starters out. Kemp and Zapp on the O-line, and Gunn, Smith and Emmerling in the receiving corps.

ncbears
September 27th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I think that number was a little inflated, I only counted five starters out. Kemp and Zapp on the O-line, and Gunn, Smith and Emmerling in the receiving corps.

McGraw is out too.

putter
September 27th, 2009, 09:29 PM
That was a poor offensive display against the Cats but UNC should be developing some depth at those positions.

CrazyCat
September 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I'll second what catbob said, injuries plain suck.

How many of those injuries were before the EWU game?

I'm only asking because it seems to me a little credit needs to go to the MSU defense in holding UNC to 105 TTL yards. I guess we'll find out if it was a bad offense or a good defense when we play Weber this weekend. xpeacex

ncbears
September 27th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I'll second what catbob said, injuries plain suck.

How many of those injuries were before the EWU game?

I'm only asking because it seems to me a little credit needs to go to the MSU defense in holding UNC to 105 TTL yards. I guess we'll find out if it was a bad offense or a good defense when we play Weber this weekend. xpeacex

yeah, no doubt. You probably still would have beaten us. You were the better team that day.

Btw, I still hate that ****er #47 for his disrespectful comments before the game.

CopperCat
September 28th, 2009, 12:23 AM
yeah, no doubt. You probably still would have beaten us. You were the better team that day.

Btw, I still hate that ****er #47 for his disrespectful comments before the game.

That's Dane Fletcher, he was in the backfield all day. He has a shot to be the BSC defensive player of the year, so knowing his name might come in handy.

Look, players like to talk it up before a game sometimes because it fires the team up. I would say he succeeded because the MSU defense was playing with some serious swagger. UNC also had a guy say that he thought they would be able to "do anything to the MSU secondary." Well, I might see that as disrespectful, but I don't. It's along the same lines with the comments Dane made before the game. Dane plays with alot of passion and fire, ask any Cat fan that has been watching him closely. He tackles hard, he runs hard, and he never settles for a lesser result. Don't take what he said personally. I know as a fan it is hard to listen to that and not be a little pissed off (I know, I have been there many times) but in this case I don't think Dane was really trying to be disrespectful. Coach Ash doesn't allow that kind of conduct on his team. Kramer did (Marcosus LeBlanc incident @ ASU in the playoffs) but Ash is a different kind of coach.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM
[/B]

That's Dane Fletcher, he was in the backfield all day. He has a shot to be the BSC defensive player of the year, so knowing his name might come in handy.

Not if JC Sherritt has anything to say about it! xnodx

UNCBears2010
September 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
McGraw is out too.

When did McGraw go out?

ncbears
September 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
[/B]

Look, players like to talk it up before a game sometimes because it fires the team up. I would say he succeeded because the MSU defense was playing with some serious swagger. UNC also had a guy say that he thought they would be able to "do anything to the MSU secondary." Well, I might see that as disrespectful, but I don't. It's along the same lines with the comments Dane made before the game. Dane plays with alot of passion and fire, ask any Cat fan that has been watching him closely. He tackles hard, he runs hard, and he never settles for a lesser result. Don't take what he said personally. I know as a fan it is hard to listen to that and not be a little pissed off (I know, I have been there many times) but in this case I don't think Dane was really trying to be disrespectful. Coach Ash doesn't allow that kind of conduct on his team. Kramer did (Marcosus LeBlanc incident @ ASU in the playoffs) but Ash is a different kind of coach.

He was basically saying we don't belong in the conference. That MSU shouldn't lose to UNC in anything. What did he say when we kicked your asses in basketball twice last year?

ncbears
September 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
When did McGraw go out?

Dude's been out since San Diego I think.

UNCBears2010
September 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Dude's been out since San Diego I think.

He started Saturday. I saw him in there on most plays.

cats2506
September 28th, 2009, 07:59 PM
So it sounds like you were only down 6, MSU was down at least 3 (Smith, Fisher & Briggs) We had one with a big brace on his arm (Rerotino) and another making his first start of the season (Nicol was out with shoulder)

Whe had problems with injuries last year, but Coach Ash has been playing a lot of young guys this year to add depth. I know it sucks but its part of the game.

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Great thread. If WSU loses this week, we can use the same excuse. MSU won't win a game all year. It'll be because we're missing guys. xrolleyesx

cats2506
September 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Great thread. If WSU loses this week, we can use the same excuse. MSU won't win a game all year. It'll be because we're missing guys. xrolleyesx

As long as you still have Higgins and Toon you have no excuses xnodx

CopperCat
September 29th, 2009, 01:10 AM
He was basically saying we don't belong in the conference. That MSU shouldn't lose to UNC in anything. What did he say when we kicked your asses in basketball twice last year?

Basketball has basically become irrelevant in Bozeman, and not only that this particular forum is dedicated to football. I don't think Dane really cared about that anyway, but I could be wrong.