PDA

View Full Version : Penn @ Lafayette

Franks Tanks
September 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM
The Leopards are up 17-3 at the half. Lafayette D gave up a 25 yard pass right at the end of the half to put Penn in position for the FG.

Curley is 16-20 with 2 TD's and 194 yards.

Hopefully Taviani and Fein keep challenging the Penn D with Curley and dont go into a shell after the half like last year

Philliesfan980
September 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Penn looked really good against Nova last week. Not sure why they are having so much trouble tonight. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any video feeds, so I'm forced to "watch" it on gamecast.

RichH2
September 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Go, Pards

Franks Tanks
September 26th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Penn looked really good against Nova last week. Not sure why they are having so much trouble tonight. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any video feeds, so I'm forced to "watch" it on gamecast.

Lafayette is doing things offensively that are quite out of character (no backs in the backfield). But we did the same thing to Penn last year as well being up at the half 24-0. Pards just need to be agressive in the 2nd half.

Philliesfan980
September 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Who the heck is this Lyle Marsh guy?

Philliesfan980
September 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Also does anyone else know why Kyle Olson is getting snaps at the QB position instead of Garton? Sounds like the typical Ivy League old boy network is running rampant tonight.

Go...gate
September 26th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Update?

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2009, 07:37 PM
ESPN has 17-17, 10:21 4th

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Lafayette misses a 32 yard FG attempt

17-17
2:32 4th

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Penn has to punt, 1st down LC at their 43

GameTracker says 1:28 to play

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2009, 07:53 PM
LC punts into the end zone. 1st and 10 UPenn at the 20, 0:49 to play

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Penn kneels out the clock, going to OT

Pennsylvania 17
Lafayette 17
End 4th

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Start of OT, Penn gets the ball first

Penn opens OT by missing a FG, Lafayette with a chance to win...

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Rodriguez on the FG attempt from the Penn 11, up and GOOD! Lafayette wins!

Way to go Pards! xsmileyclapx xthumbsupx xsmileyclapx xthumbsupx

RichH2
September 26th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Congrats to thePards on great win

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Yes, great win for Lafayette!

Franks Tanks
September 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM
It was a nice win and that makes 3 in a row over Penn.

Unfortunantly our starting QB Curley went out with a concussion in the 2nd half and our offense did nothing from that point on. Hopefull Rob will be ok as the Pards offense suffers greatly without him.

LeopardFan04
September 26th, 2009, 10:48 PM
It was a nice win and that makes 3 in a row over Penn.

Unfortunantly our starting QB Curley went out with a concussion in the 2nd half and our offense did nothing from that point on. Hopefull Rob will be ok as the Pards offense suffers greatly without him.

Thanks for the injury update. I was at the game, and knew he was out obviously, but I wasn't sure of the cause. What a wet night. A good win though. xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Congrats to Lafayette!

Pard4Life
September 27th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Sigh! From the stands, it looked like his forearm or elbow area was bleeding and they were patching him up. Granted I was under an umbrella...

Pard posters on voy saying Penn played very dirty, and that the concussion hit was dirty... I guess they learned from Colgate last year.

the last indian
September 27th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Cheap shot re: Gate hit last year. Get over it. Congratulations on an impressive win over a very good Penn team. We'll see what happens on November 11. Who knows who will be healthy or not then. I am sure it will be a tough game.

carney2
September 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Very perplexing. Did we have another Bagnoli Bungle last night? In the OT, Penn threw 3 consecutive incomplete passes before lining up for a 42-43 yd. FG with the line of scrimmage still at the 25 yard line starting point. With Lafayette's kicking game in apparent chaos, why not run it 3 times to cut the distance for your not very strong legged kicker?

Oh well, as a poster on the Lafayette board last week said, taking a shot at me and my loud-mouthed comrades, "It isn't always about the Xs and Os, It's usually about the Jimmys and Joes." In other words, what does the coach believe his personnel can accomplish against what is in front of them.

carney2
September 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Bad outlook for Satrurday at Yale. Based on Frank Tavani's actions in the past when it comes to concussions, it is unlikely that Curley will even dress for the game.

colorless raider
September 27th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Bad outlook for Satrurday at Yale. Based on Frank Tavani's actions in the past when it comes to concussions, it is unlikely that Curley will even dress for the game.

Ah, fyi the doctors make the decison not the coach which is appropriate. In fact after two concussions perhaps he should sit out the season.:D

Pard94
September 27th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Very perplexing. Did we have another Bagnoli Bungle last night? In the OT, Penn threw 3 consecutive incomplete passes before lining up for a 42-43 yd. FG with the line of scrimmage still at the 25 yard line starting point. With Lafayette's kicking game in apparent chaos, why not run it 3 times to cut the distance for your not very strong legged kicker?

Oh well, as a poster on the Lafayette board last week said, taking a shot at me and my loud-mouthed comrades, "It isn't always about the Xs and Os, It's usually about the Jimmys and Joes." In other words, what does the coach believe his personnel can accomplish against what is in front of them.

Carney, could it be that Penn is just (say it with me now)...cursed?

Ivytalk
September 27th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Congrats to the Pards on a great win! My two favorite teams are Harvard and whoever is playing Penn!:p

See you in a few weeks.;)

Franks Tanks
September 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Cheap shot re: Gate hit last year. Get over it. Congratulations on an impressive win over a very good Penn team. We'll see what happens on November 11. Who knows who will be healthy or not then. I am sure it will be a tough game.

It should be put out to bed I agree. I dont think the hit that put Curley out of the Colgate game was cheap or late. It may have been a hair out of bounds but that happens when teams are playing hard.

Curley's fragile head doomed us last year and hopefully it wont do the same this year. Oh and yes coaches have no say on when players return from injuries, especially when it comes to concussions.

GoGreen
September 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Congrats to the Pards on a great win! My two favorite teams are Harvard and whoever is playing Penn!:p

See you in a few weeks.;)

Thanks for winning, Lafayette. Here's to anyone beating an arrogant, blowhard Penn this season.

ngineer
September 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for winning, Lafayette. Here's to anyone beating an arrogant, blowhard Penn this season.

Yes, even I was cheering for the 'pards!;):D

Go...gate
September 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Very glad to see a Lafayette win against the Quackers.

carney2
September 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Carney, could it be that Penn is just (say it with me now)...cursed?

You confuse cursers with cursees.

And, as long as we're on the subject, THE CURSE LIVES! Whaddya think that Curley's concussion is just bad luck? A random act of violence? Oh, ye of little or no comprehension. (Say it with me now) it's The Curse, dammit. In this year when the Eli are down and we stand a reasonable chance of one of those oh so infrequent breakthroughs, the forces beyond all understanding rip the key ingredient out of our magic formula. We are now left to our own devices using an inexperienced substitute or, worse yet, another who has proven not up to the job. This is no arbitrary and capricious toss of the dice. It is an act so foul and insidious as to be unspeakable. The gods appear content to live with the outcome whichever way it goes. Our only chance is that, weather permitting, I shall be making the road trip to West Haven, and my mere presence may have some positive anti-evil influence. You'd better hope so.

Pards Rule
September 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Im going too Carney!

Pard94
September 28th, 2009, 09:14 AM
You confuse cursers with cursees.

And, as long as we're on the subject, THE CURSE LIVES! Whaddya think that Curley's concussion is just bad luck? A random act of violence? Oh, ye of little or no comprehension. (Say it with me now) it's The Curse, dammit. In this year when the Eli are down and we stand a reasonable chance of one of those oh so infrequent breakthroughs, the forces beyond all understanding rip the key ingredient out of our magic formula. We are now left to our own devices using an inexperienced substitute or, worse yet, another who has proven not up to the job. This is no arbitrary and capricious toss of the dice. It is an act so foul and insidious as to be unspeakable. The gods appear content to live with the outcome whichever way it goes. Our only chance is that, weather permitting, I shall be making the road trip to West Haven, and my mere presence may have some positive anti-evil influence. You'd better hope so.

That's just so Carney of you Carney. You've already got Curely out for this game (and probably the rest of the season in your mind). I have to tell you...that's one weak-ass curse you've got brewing in your brain. Let's just deal in what we know for now. Curley left the game with what may or may not be a concussion. As a result, by your own admission, the Defense rose to the challenge. The Lafayette kids suffered no let down and we hung on for a hard fought victory against a good Penn team who you predict, "will make some noise in the Ivy". And let's just say Curely is out for this game. I saw a running game last week that could very well hang tough with a down Yale team. What happens if we win even without Curely? What happens then? Did the Curse take a holiday? Is it a down year for the curse?

Pard94
September 28th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Im going too Carney!

I'm toying with the idea of making the 3 1/2 hour trip. I have to run it by the tower (aka, Mrs. Pard 94).

Pards Rule
September 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Do it 94! It should be a great game!! She has veto power? And why is she "the tower"?

carney2
September 28th, 2009, 10:49 AM
What happens if we win even without Curely? What happens then? Did the Curse take a holiday? Is it a down year for the curse?

If we win I take full credit for being in attendance and foiling the forces of evil.

If we lose, it's The Curse.

Pard94
September 28th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Do it 94! It should be a great game!! She has veto power? And why is she "the tower"?

In order to ensure marital bliss someone has to be "the tower". Sometimes I pretend I'm the tower but I'm not fooling anyone...least of all "The Tower".

In all seriousness, she wouldn't/doesn't veto anything I want to do (within reasonxsmiley_wix). I just need to see if I have already committed myself to some other engagement. I also need to weigh heavily if I want to drive close to 4 hours for a football game I could just as easily watch on the web. I will be at the Holy Cross and Harvard games however for sure.

I'm also pretty confident that if Carney and I ever actually met the very fabric of the time/space continuum might be in jeopardy. It would be like matter and anti-matter colliding (of course Carney is anti-matter in that little anaology being the "glass half empty" guy that he is).

Pard94
September 28th, 2009, 10:56 AM
If we win I take full credit for being in attendance and foiling the forces of evil.

If we lose, it's The Curse.

Sorry Carney...you've already identified yourself as The Devil...remember? The Devil can't foil the forces of evil.