PDA

View Full Version : What will the field look like this weekend?

nmatsen
December 13th, 2005, 09:49 AM
What will the field look like, just for a visual image to picture on my 15 hour road trip, it is turf now isn't it? Will it be painted with Moc's stuff or just a green field with white lines, or even go out of the way to paint UNI and App State on it with an NCAA logo in the middle? Can anyone help me on this?

dungeonjoe
December 13th, 2005, 09:53 AM
What will the field look like, just for a visual image to picture on my 15 hour road trip, it is turf now isn't it? Will it be painted with Moc's stuff or just a green field with white lines, or even go out of the way to paint UNI and App State on it with an NCAA logo in the middle? Can anyone help me on this?

my understanding is there will be a patch of ice stratagically placed near the goal line that APP defends late in the game

OL FU
December 13th, 2005, 09:55 AM
my understanding is there will be a patch of ice stratagically placed near the goal line that APP defends late in the game

I personally think this is payback to Furman for dropping their Southern Baptist affiliation. :eek:

nmatsen
December 13th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I personally think this is payback to Furman for dropping their Southern Baptist affiliation. :eek:

Focus here, I don't give a **** about ice, start another thread!

yosefcity
December 13th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Last year It had the 1-AA Championship Game Logo in the middle but I do not know how they will do it with the new turf.

SoCon48
December 13th, 2005, 10:31 AM

A writer in a major SC newspaper claims Ingle got his cleets caught in the turf rather than sliding on icy turf. :confused:

SoCon48
December 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM

The lord works in mysterious ways. :smiley_wi

SoCon48
December 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Guessing a lame excuse is better than none??

jwfgeol
December 13th, 2005, 10:33 AM

Green with white marks every three feet.

Seriously though, the field usually has the NCAA logo or the Championship logo in the middle of the field. Don't know about the endzones.

HiHiYikas
December 13th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Like this? :doh: Looks like they hired the C H E F S guy.

nmatsen
December 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM

That might be the funniest post ever!

HI54UNI
December 13th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Now that's funny!

TypicalTribe
December 13th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Truthfully, though, I hope the end zones will be painted like that as it really helps the look of the game on TV.

ButlerGSU
December 13th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Can you paint the new artificial turf and then remove it out would they have to replace the end zone sections? How expensive would that be? I agree though, I think it adds at lot to have the team names in the end zones.

chattanoogamocs
December 13th, 2005, 02:45 PM
It was purposely designed with the NC game in mind...it is not difficult to paint the center and the endzones.

nmatsen
December 13th, 2005, 02:48 PM
It was purposely designed with the NC game in mind...it is not difficult to paint the center and the endzones.

Thanks Mocs

LacesOut
December 13th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Since they've had this game in Chatty, I can't remember the endzones ever being painted. Only the teams name is in the endzone. I guess that is better than nothing, eh?

But then again, I can't remember if I went out or stayed in on Saturday night.

Proud Griz Man
December 13th, 2005, 02:59 PM

Northern Illinois? xlolx xlolx xlolx

89Hen
December 13th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Can you paint the new artificial turf and then remove it out would they have to replace the end zone sections? How expensive would that be? I agree though, I think it adds at lot to have the team names in the end zones.
I don't know how they do field turf, but I always thought that they painted artificial turf, then I came to find out that they actually lay different colors down.

http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/images/articles/69464_0715056.jpg

AppFootballAlum
December 13th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I don't know how they do field turf, but I always thought that they painted artificial turf, then I came to find out that they actually lay different colors down.

http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/images/articles/69464_0715056.jpg

Didn't know that either.....damn interesting - Thanks 89Hen

89Hen
December 13th, 2005, 03:32 PM
It would appear that even on field turf they do it too. From Michigan's new field....

http://www.umgoblue.com/images/Football/2003/03-Turf/03stadiumturf-30.jpg

dungeonjoe
December 13th, 2005, 03:34 PM

Focus? on a message board?? The one place where people who suffer from ADD can't keep up??? Focus?? what does this look like a Ford dealership? Have you driven a Ford lately? What about a sense of humor? Have you tried one of those? They are guaranteed to make any field look like the field of dreams?? Maybe you don't remember the field last year, talk about needing to focus... and having a sense of humor..

relax, brother, pulling chains and having fun are what AGS is all about

dungeonjoe
December 13th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Guessing a lame excuse is better than none??

we all put lame excuses to work lame at one time or another don't we?

dungeonjoe
December 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM

I am not clear if Furman dropped the Southern Baptists or if the Southern Baptists dropped them :)

chattanoogamocs
December 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM
At Chattanooga the lines, numbers, hashes, sidelines, etc...are all permanent stitched in (white colored turf with blue trim)...but they left the middle section and endzones blank so they could use it for other events (the paint in the Mocs logo for every home game)...they were talked about permanent logos, but the NCAA asked them not to so it would look nice for the NCAA game (for example, not having "MOCS" bleed thru the IAA title logo)

Sorry for the large pic

http://www.mocfans.com/photos/Field%20Turf%20Installation/slides/MVC-002F.JPG

UNI MadCat
December 13th, 2005, 03:42 PM

But wait, we're Northern IOWA and its actually UNI :confused: :confused:

(Ok, seriously, I get it. Classic post, I'm LMFAO right now and have already emailed the pic to people. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: )

HiHiYikas
December 13th, 2005, 03:47 PM
But wait, we're Northern IOWA and its actually UNI :confused: :confused:

(Ok, seriously, I get it. Classic post, I'm LMFAO right now and have already emailed the pic to people. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: )
Nobody has commented on the fact that I also misspelled Appalach...oh never mind.

Griz Grunt
December 13th, 2005, 04:52 PM
They said it would be much different than years past (Boise Turf, w/embedded vibrator lights):

http://people.montana.com/~rkdl/chatty-field.gif ;)
Moc's link to turf upgrade:

http://gomocs.com/article.asp?articleid=70099

Grande Rosso
December 13th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Truthfully, though, I hope the end zones will be painted like that as it really helps the look of the game on TV.

I think they can do the old-fashioned chalk like everyone used to do.

At the 2002 games, they had the team names in the end-zone. I think they used the colors of that years logo (which happened to be red), so WKU and McNeese names were both in red. (WKU colors being red and white, it was just one of the omens . . )

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/football/2002/d1aa_champs_logo.jpg

If they follow through on that theme this year, it looks like blue and gold may be the colors . .
http://gomocs.com/images/articles/74403_2005_logo-web.jpg

SoCon48
December 13th, 2005, 06:08 PM
we all put lame excuses to work lame at one time or another don't we?
Very true.

JCline

SoCon48
December 13th, 2005, 06:10 PM
At Chattanooga the lines, numbers, hashes, sidelines, etc...are all permanent stitched in (white colored turf with blue trim)...but they left the middle section and endzones blank so they could use it for other events (the paint in the Mocs logo for every home game)...they were talked about permanent logos, but the NCAA asked them not to so it would look nice for the NCAA game (for example, not having "MOCS" bleed thru the IAA title logo)

Sorry for the large pic

http://www.mocfans.com/photos/Field%20Turf%20Installation/slides/MVC-002F.JPG

Good illustration.

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2005, 06:36 PM

That was something else. Of course App later went down and had the quarterback fumble because he was holding the ball like a loaf of bread and bounced it off his offensive lineman. Not quite as weird though. Poor Martin really didn't do anything wrong. He just had horrible luck on that play.

KiddBrewer
December 13th, 2005, 06:50 PM
As I was the first one to the goal post saturday after the game, I will assure you all.......THERE WAS NO ICE ON THE FIELD!

Blue42
December 13th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Northern Illinois...that's pretty good. It's amazing how often that happens. The worst is when it's the 4th quarter of a game and the announcer still can't remember what state we're from. :nonono2:

As for Ingle Martin's slip, I don't think it was ice or catching his new cleat in the turf. Saw it on TV and they had a good shot of it. He just didn't plant the sole of his right foot. He cut too sharp and planted on the side of his shoe and it slid like a banana peel with the black rubber spraying underneath.

dungeonjoe
December 13th, 2005, 08:56 PM
As I was the first one to the goal post saturday after the game, I will assure you all.......THERE WAS NO ICE ON THE FIELD!
you missed the ESPN commentator's "excuse" and the sarcasm of AGS