PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Glanville to UNC rumor

NoCoDanny
December 13th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Heard a little murmur about this and then saw it mentioned in the Denver Post this morning. I don't think it would be a great long term fit but it would bring a lot of attention to the program... if that's good or not I can't say.

Denver Post/Glanville Mention (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3303819)

Hansel
December 13th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Glanville interviewed at Northern St (SD) (DII) last year or the year before, it sounds like he was going to take the job until he was offered a position at Hawaii, it would be an "interesting" hire.

griz37
December 13th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Somebody on Egriz mentioned that former Montana coach Mick Dennehy is in the running for the UNC job. Any rumblings of that down in Greeley? What about Mike Breske the DC at Wyoming & formerly at Montana & UNC?

NoCoDanny
December 13th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I have not heard that name, but I might have missed it, there have been a lot thrown out there.

The most common names mentioned are:

Wyoming’s Marty English, Bob Stitts from Colorado Mines, and Brian Cabral from Colorado.

English and Stitts have both coached at UNC before. I’m not too excited about any of those choices; I’d like to bring someone in from the outside for a fresh start.

ncbears
December 13th, 2005, 11:17 AM
I like English or Cabral. English because he's a UNC guy and Cabral because he has a good name around the state and well connected. I don't want Stitt, he hasn't impressed me that much at Mines and he doesn't have the big name. I DON'T WANT GLANVILLE either.

WYOBISONMAN
December 13th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Jerry Glanville would make it damn interesting at UNC! I don't like the guy, but it would be pretty fun to see what he could do with the program at UNC..

89Hen
December 13th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Jerry Glanville would make it damn interesting at UNC! I don't like the guy, but it would be pretty fun to see what he could do with the program at UNC..
Perhaps change the team's colors to black?

McNeese75
December 13th, 2005, 09:53 PM

And leave a few tickets at "will call" for THE KING xlolx

thank ya vary much

ncbears
December 13th, 2005, 11:29 PM

:lmao:

ncbears
December 13th, 2005, 11:30 PM
And leave a few tickets at "will call" for THE KING xlolx

thank ya vary much

:lmao: :lmao:

TexasTerror
December 14th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Glanville applied for the HC job at SHSU...

Just take it as a grain of salt. He applies everywhere he possibly can...

SoCon48
December 14th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Glanville applied for the HC job at SHSU...

Just take it as a grain of salt. He applies everywhere he possibly can...

He's a "was."

NoCoDanny
December 14th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Here is an updated canidate list per today's Greeley Tribune:

Jerry Glanville – Defensive Coordinator, Hawai’i
Brian Cabral – Defensive Assistant, Colorado
Mo Forte – Head Coach, Arkansas – Pine Bluff
Earnest Collins – Defensive Assistant, Kansas
Terry Allen – Assistant, Iowa State
Marty English – Assistant, Wyoming
Bob Stitt – Head Coach, Colorado Mines
Turner Gill – Assistant, Green Bay Packers
Tony Alford – Assistant, Iowa State
Mick McCall – Assistant, Bowling Green

Link (http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20051214/SPORTS/112140080)

bandl
December 14th, 2005, 08:53 AM

Besides run it into the ground?

bcrawf
December 14th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Don't count on Terry Allen. Buzz in CF is that it is a done deal that he is going to be offered and take the Missouri State Job.

TexasTerror
December 14th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Mo Forte – Head Coach, Arkansas – Pine Bluff

Why is this guy in the mix as in, why would he apply?

If he is hired, UNC would lose to Colorado Barber College and Denver School of Fashion. What has Ark-PB ever done? They get knocked around the SWAC like no one else and even lose to Div II schools.

Does this guy have UNC roots?

89Hen
December 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM
If he is hired, UNC would lose to Colorado Barber College and Denver School of Fashion.
Or the team that UNC beat in the opener this year, Colorado School of Mimes. I never understood why UNC would even play them. They can't walk even in a light breeze, how are they expected to play football in it? A fake wall of glass could stop their defensive line. :confused:

http://www.fwworld.com/Mimes.jpg

TexasTerror
December 14th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Or the team that UNC beat in the opener this year, Colorado School of Mimes. I never understood why UNC would even play them. They can't walk even in a light breeze, how are they expected to play football in it? A fake wall of glass could stop their defensive line. :confused:

Isn't Colorado the state where the Legislature is very heavily involved in having (or trying to make) in-state schools play each other?

NoCoDanny
December 14th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Why is this guy in the mix as in, why would he apply?

If he is hired, UNC would lose to Colorado Barber College and Denver School of Fashion. What has Ark-PB ever done? They get knocked around the SWAC like no one else and even lose to Div II schools.

Does this guy have UNC roots?

He was a Denver Bronco assistant prior to AR-PB. A Denver Post columnist brought up his name as an option, how realisitic I'm not sure, but the Greeley press has taken the name and run with it.

NoCoDanny
December 14th, 2005, 10:22 AM

http://www.fwworld.com/Mimes.jpg

They played them for 2 reasons, a favor to Stitt who is a UNC grad and former grad assistant and also they simply needed the game. Scheduling is a challenge when you only have 5 conference games.

NoCoDanny
December 14th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Isn't Colorado the state where the Legislature is very heavily involved in having (or trying to make) in-state schools play each other?

No, they have historically stayed out of that realm with the exception of a little nudge about 15 years ago to get CSU and CU back on each other's schedules.

griz37
December 14th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Didn't Arkansas Pine Bluff just recently make the big jump from NAIA to I-AA?