PDA

View Full Version : Observations from a Newb

AppAlum96
December 13th, 2005, 12:34 AM
I just signed up and the first thing I have noticed is alot of classy fans from GSU and Furman who appreciate continuing to pull for their conference even when their team has been eliminated. This has always been my belief as well. I think this is where SoCon has a leg up on the ACC. Could you imagine a Duke fan pulling for UNC to win it all last year? Even though it would further the greatness of their own conference? I don't think so. I always quietly pulled for GSU or Marshall or any other SoCon team to win it once ASU had been eliminated (or didn't make it). Way to go.

chattanoogamocs
December 13th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Most of us know what it is like to be treated "second class" by the fans of some big state school or flagship institution...it gives us the a bond that we all fight to be respected..."Goliath's" like to tear each other apart while the "David's" stick together.

What it really comes down too...is that it is easy to be a fan of a "big time school"...you just follow all the other lemming in line.

...it is tough being the fans of the smaller school because we tend to march to our own drummer...which is even harder in a world that love conformity and majority.

...there are less of us so we have to stand taller and yell louder...it makes us tougher and more die-hard...and that breeds a larger degree of respect for the fans of similar institutions.

...in a word, we are kindred.

(just my humble opinion) :)

December 13th, 2005, 01:03 AM
... the ACC. Could you imagine a Duke fan pulling for UNC to win it all last year?...What is the ACC???? :confused: Is that a swimming conference? And why would a JMU Duke fan pull for the Northern Colorado (UNC) Bears anyway? :confused:

Welcome to the I-AA discussion board at AnyGivenSaturday.com!! :nod:

AppAlum96
December 13th, 2005, 01:11 AM
What is the ACC???? :confused: Is that a swimming conference? And why would a JMU Duke fan pull for the Northern Colorado (UNC) Bears anyway? :confused:

Welcome to the I-AA discussion board at AnyGivenSaturday.com!! :nod:

LOL

Touche.

WCU LawCat
December 13th, 2005, 05:46 AM
I hate to say it new guy..but I am also pulling for the Apps. Just hope that an App victory does not cost us on the recruiting trail this year.

OL FU
December 13th, 2005, 06:42 AM
I hate to say it new guy..but I am also pulling for the Apps. Just hope that an App victory does not cost us on the recruiting trail this year.

I think that is the one thing you think about when pulling for a conference foe. But in the end, our affection for our conference and our sub-classification rules.

And of course, AGS kinda hooks us all together.