unigriff
September 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
UNI up to #33. Richmond in the 40s.

Chi Panther
September 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
thats crazy....thanks Iowa.

Cocky
September 20th, 2009, 12:00 PM
We are 52 with a 1-2 record. FSU is 2 and GT 8??

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM

That's what happens when you play FSU well and then FSU goes on the road and pummels BYU who just beat Oklahoma.

Big Al
September 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM
You gotta take this all with a grain of salt -- we're only 3 games into the season (2 or less for some teams). It will be interesting to see where this all lands out at the end of the year. The thing to remember is that this is only a crude measure of past performance and isn't a guaranteed predictor of future success.

I love UNI but there's no way they're the 33rd best team in the country. Similarly, Jacksonville State is in no way, shape or form the 3rd best FCS team in the country.

SU DOG
September 20th, 2009, 12:39 PM
OUCH, this is painful to say, BUT I've seen them and I wouldn't be too sure about JSU not being at least #3. They are probably capable of beating ANY FCS team on a given day. That being said, we will have to see if Crowe blows an easy one that he should win, as he has in the past. Just IMO thoughts. xcoffeex

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM
lol

Montana's usually killed by Sagarin in most years.

57 isn't bad. xwhistlex

JSU02
September 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I love UNI but there's no way they're the 33rd best team in the country. Similarly, Jacksonville State is in no way, shape or form the 3rd best FCS team in the country.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...xeyebrowx

unigriff
September 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM
You know, I was just looking at a lot of the teams and how they play and compared them to Richmond/UNI. I honestly think in only a half homer way...Both UR and UNI could be THAT good. UNI really took Iowa to the house and just couldnt get the big play to fall. UR has almost everybody back. I think both UR and UNI could beat Colorado, Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Baylor in the Big12. Both would be middle of the Big11 as well. UNI would win the MAC and both could easily contend for Conf. USA. I wouldn't be suprised at all if UNI goes 8 or 9-1 and UR is undefeated to see them getting votes for the AP late in the season. The times are a'changin folks.

Cocky
September 20th, 2009, 01:47 PM
OUCH, this is painful to say, BUT I've seen them and I wouldn't be too sure about JSU not being at least #3. They are probably capable of beating ANY FCS team on a given day. That being said, we will have to see if Crowe blows an easy one that he should win, as he has in the past. Just IMO thoughts. xcoffeex

Talent wise we are very good. Coaching????

Cocky
September 20th, 2009, 01:49 PM

Talent wise we maybe the #3 team in FCS. Our DL could go back to Tallahassee and control FSU again next Saturday.

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2009, 02:02 PM
You know, I was just looking at a lot of the teams and how they play and compared them to Richmond/UNI. I honestly think in only a half homer way...Both UR and UNI could be THAT good. UNI really took Iowa to the house and just couldnt get the big play to fall. UR has almost everybody back. I think both UR and UNI could beat Colorado, Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Baylor in the Big12. Both would be middle of the Big11 as well. UNI would win the MAC and both could easily contend for Conf. USA. I wouldn't be suprised at all if UNI goes 8 or 9-1 and UR is undefeated to see them getting votes for the AP late in the season. The times are a'changin folks.xhomerx

You guys played a good game against Iowa, then crushed two bottom feeders.

I think UNI is really good this year, but please. I think this is what the other (sensible) UNI fans were talking about in the other threads.

DOME
September 20th, 2009, 03:05 PM
We're no world beaters but I think its fair to say that UNI, or many other top FCS teams would not only contend but many times win when playing in some of the bottom feader FBS conferences.

Redbirdz
September 20th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't be too sure Big Al. Your coach probably wouldn't want them this year.

JohnStOnge
September 20th, 2009, 03:11 PM

I normally defend Sagarin's ratings but that's the weirdest I've ever seen them look. I wonder if there was some kind of glitch.

JohnStOnge
September 20th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Talent wise we maybe the #3 team in FCS. Our DL could go back to Tallahassee and control FSU again next Saturday.

I don't know if you can make too much out of the great effort against Florida State. It should be encouraging from your standpoint but not prima facie evidence that Jacksonville State is one of the top FCS teams. Sometimes I-AA/FCS teams have given great performances like that then turned out not to be "all that" within their own subdivision. For instance: Gardner Webb lost to Georgia Tech by only 10-7 last year. They held the Yellow Jackets to 79 yards rushing and 199 total yards. They outgained them in total offense (they had 227). But they went 5-5 against other FCS teams including 3-3 in the Big South.

Unfortunately, even if Jacksonville State cruises through the OVC, we probably won't get to see how the Gamecocks stack up against playoff caliber teams from other leagues because they can't be in the playoffs and the only non conference FCS game they have left is at Nicholls State. I say "probably" because you never know what's going to happen but right now Nicholls State isn't looking too good.

crunifan
September 20th, 2009, 03:36 PM
xhomerx

You guys played a good game against Iowa, then crushed two bottom feeders.

I think UNI is really good this year, but please. I think this is what the other (sensible) UNI fans were talking about in the other threads.

Absolutely is.

For all we know, Iowa played an absolutely atrocious game and we beat two bottom feeders. What is impressive about that? We definitely have amazing potential, we just haven't have the opportunity to fully asses it yet.

The Cats
September 20th, 2009, 04:37 PM
WCU # 225....OUCH

darell1976
September 20th, 2009, 06:29 PM
We are 139!!!!:D:D

JohnStOnge
September 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm tellin' you, fellas, those are the weirdest Sagarin ratings I've ever seen.