TexasTerror
September 20th, 2009, 08:11 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 16-5 (0-0 SLC)
Total: 102-41 (33-22 SLC)

SLC Predictions - Week Four

McNeese @ Tulane - The Green Wave have failed to impress and we've seen what happens this season when McNeese comes into a game that matters instead of one they are expected to win. McNEESE STATE

Jacksonville State @ Nicholls State - We've seen the Colonels beat a team they were supposed to and lose to two teams they were supposed to. Jax State has a quarterback that will want to impress in what should be his final bow in his home state. JACKSONVILLE STATE

Southeastern La. @ South Dakota - A long trip will be worth it for the Lions, who will bounce back from the loss to a tough Ole Miss team with their first Div I win of the year! SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas Southern @ Texas State University - San Marcos - The Tigers of TSU love San Marcos. I still can not fathom what it takes for TXST to be able to get TSU to make the trek their way. Doubt the money is that great and we all know the end result. TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS

North Dakota @ Stephen F. Austin - The toss-up of the week. You want to take the home team, but I'm not going to bet on Jeremy Moses keeping his TD:INT rate in check unless I truly feel they are the overwhelming favor. UND is coming off another SLC win on the road. NORTH DAKOTA

Northwestern State @ Baylor - We've seen what the Demons can do offensively and quite frankly, it has been nothing impressive. Art Briles knows the score and it will be in the favor of the Wackos from Waco! BAYLOR

Sam Houston State @ Tulsa - Has anyone felt impressed with the Bearkats defense? I dislike Todd Graham more than any coach in Division I football (see the Rice experiment), but I can not let that stand in the way of me being honest. TULSA

Glenville State @ Central Arkansas - JoshUCA, UCABEAR and BearFan101 will never hear the end of this one if CENTRAL ARKANSAS does not win!

msusig
September 20th, 2009, 09:35 AM
xrulesx
McNeese State over Tulane
Central Arkansas over Glenville State
Tulsa over Sam Houston State
Baylor over Northwestern State
SFA over North Dakota
Texas State over Texas Southern
SELA over South Dakota
Jacksonville State over Nicholls State

TheRock21
September 20th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Go McNeese! You've got the App Nation pulling for you the rest of the year, not sure who #89 is for you guys...he lined up as a tight end but ran routes like a wide receiver in our game. That guy's a straight up beast, killed us all day. Good luck against Tulane.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 20th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Go McNeese!

+1

blackfordpu
September 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
McNeese @ Tulane
Jacksonville St. @ Nicholls St.
SELA @ ND
Texas So. @ Texas St.
ND @ SFA
Nw St. @ Baylor
SHSU @ Tulsa
Glanville St. @ UCA

McTailGator
September 20th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Go McNeese! You've got the App Nation pulling for you the rest of the year, not sure who #89 is for you guys...he lined up as a tight end but ran routes like a wide receiver in our game. That guy's a straight up beast, killed us all day. Good luck against Tulane.

89 is our Number 2 TE, he does have some speed. He had a nice TD catch last night too.

McTailGator
September 20th, 2009, 11:16 AM
xrulesx
McNeese State over Tulane
SFA over North Dakota
SELA over South Dakota
Jacksonville State over Nicholls State

Same, but I have a feeling Nicholls will end their turnover problems and beat those Cocks. :D

McNeese75
September 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
McNeese @ Tulane
SELA @ SD
Texas So. @ Texas St.
ND @ SFA
Nw St. @ Baylor
SHSU @ Tulsa
Glanville St. @ UCA

6-1 Week 1
2-3 Week 2
3-3 Week 3

FormerPokeCenter
September 20th, 2009, 01:36 PM

That goes for you guys, too. I was at the game and have never been treated better by an OOC opponent. Like most of the folks who made the trip to Boone, and many others who didn't, I'm now a Mountaineer fan.

Good luck against Samford!

JSU02
September 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM
With RP returning to his home state, and near his home town, I expect him to be psyched up and ready to impress. This is will be ugly for the Colonels, JSU by 4+ TDs

msusig
September 20th, 2009, 03:00 PM

#89 is Corday Clark. He is a TE and a JR. Good luck to app state too

sharkeycox
September 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM
McNeese @ Tulane
SELA @ ND
Texas So. @ Texas St.
ND @ SFA
Nw St. @ Baylor
SHSU @ Tulsa
Glanville St. @ UCA

Sam will not beat Tulsa.

NSUDemon98
September 20th, 2009, 04:50 PM
TT's Predictions

McNeese @ Tulane - The Green Wave have failed to impress and we've seen what happens this season when McNeese comes into a game that matters instead of one they are expected to win. McNEESE STATE

Jacksonville State @ Nicholls State - We've seen the Colonels beat a team they were supposed to and lose to two teams they were supposed to. Jax State has a quarterback that will want to impress in what should be his final bow in his home state. JACKSONVILLE STATE

Southeastern La. @ South Dakota - A long trip will be worth it for the Lions, who will bounce back from the loss to a tough Ole Miss team with their first Div I win of the year! SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas Southern @ Texas State University - San Marcos - The Tigers of TSU love San Marcos. I still can not fathom what it takes for TXST to be able to get TSU to make the trek their way. Doubt the money is that great and we all know the end result. TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS

North Dakota @ Stephen F. Austin - The toss-up of the week. You want to take the home team, but I'm not going to bet on Jeremy Moses keeping his TD:INT rate in check unless I truly feel they are the overwhelming favor. UND is coming off another SLC win on the road. NORTH DAKOTA

Northwestern State @ Baylor - We've seen what the Demons can do offensively and quite frankly, it has been nothing impressive. Art Briles knows the score and it will be in the favor of the Wackos from Waco! BAYLOR

Sam Houston State @ Tulsa - Has anyone felt impressed with the Bearkats defense? I dislike Todd Graham more than any coach in Division I football (see the Rice experiment), but I can not let that stand in the way of me being honest. TULSA

Glenville State @ Central Arkansas - JoshUCA, UCABEAR and BearFan101 will never hear the end of this one if CENTRAL ARKANSAS does not win!

McNeese over Tulane
SFA over UND
Baylor over NSU - At this point in the season I would take UH over Baylor by 3 TDs...so hopefully it will be a decent game past the 1st quarter, unlike what we did against UH.
Tulsa over SHSU - I expect this one to be close.
UCA over who?
TxSt over TSU
SLU over South Dakota

El Gato
September 20th, 2009, 05:55 PM
McNeese @ Tulane. The Green Wave are coming off a bye week and should be well rested for McNeese, but this quote off their webpage would have me worried if I were a Tulane fan, “One day after Tulane head coach Bob Toledo dismissed the team from the field midway through the middle of Wednesday's practice for ‘not performing,’ the Green Wave returned and completed the week with a spirited practice. Toledo said he hopes Wednesday's incident will motivate his team.” Something tells me Tulane is going to wish they had kept that extra practice. MSU by 14

No. 24 Jacksonville State @ Nicholls State – JMU is coming off a dominating victory over a SWAC opponent, and well Nicholls is off to a rough start. Don’t think it’s going to get any better for the Colonels. JSU by 20

Southeastern La. @ No. 18 South Dakota – The Jackrabbits too are coming off a dominating win, opening up conference play with a 41-0 thrashing of MVFC opponent Indiana State. Here is a true test for the Lions, and this game will give us more of an insight into how the Lions will stack up come SLC play. I believe they can be competitive, but I’m gonna go with the Jackrabbits on this one. SDSU by 10

Texas Southern @ Texas State University. Bobcats fared pretty well against an FBS ranked TCU this past week, and most importantly put up more points against a stout Horned Frog defense that only allowed this many points last year against one other opponent. TSU is coming off a dominating victory over Texas College with a 70 point win, but as did SFA the week before, it is an NAIA team, so it will be difficult to make a better assessment. Like the Lions, this will be a good test for the Tigers going into SWAC play. Bobcats by 41

North Dakota @ Stephen F. Austin –The Lumberjacks have been looking good this season and I didn’t think they’d pull it off last week, but Jermey Moses put up 363 yard of offense while throwing one INT (one INT is improvement). Well, now that I've corrected my errors...despite The SIOUX's victory over the demons last week, I am still gonna SFA but by 10.

Northwestern State @ Baylor – Baylor by 21

Sam Houston State @ Tulsa -. Tulsa by 21

Glenville State @ Central Arkansas – Bears are really priving their preseason ranking, and I’m sure this game will just further prove that. Bears over DII GSU by 41

MaximumBobcat
September 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Gato, SFA is playing the Sioux, not the Bison. :D

El Gato
September 20th, 2009, 06:04 PM
oops....thanks.

McNeese75
September 20th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Not to be picky but SD is the Coyotes and ND is the Sioux. May not mean much to us but them's fightin words in the Dakotas xnodx

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 20th, 2009, 07:42 PM
4-2 week for me, so the total record so far goes to 16-5

And away we go...

McNeese @ Tulane - Cowboys travel to a winless Tulane squad. This may be the Green Waves only opportunity for a win this season aside from SMU to close the season. The big question is which Cowboys team will we see? *pulls a Lee Corso and puts on the Cowboy's hat* gimme dat hat! COWBOYS YEEEEEHAW 24-13

Jacksonville State @ Nicholls State - Colonels...I don't know what's up with ya'll this year. You shouldn't have struggled vs. Duquesne and looked lifeless vs. Air Force and LaTech. Maybe you'll straighten up by conference. Dirty birds by 21, 35-14

Southeastern La. @ South Dakota - Come on SELA, YOU CAN DO IT! Lions pour Jumbalaya all over the Dakotas to celebrate their last second victory over the shewolfs (haha), LIONS BY 2, 31-29

Texas Southern @ Texas State University - It's a battle of Central Texas vs. South Texas (though Houston isn't technically in "South" Texas...but whatever). Can't wait til halftime! Tigers decide to leave their offense at home and Texas State uses a blitzkrieg chaotic madness offense and a surprise return of the "SHARKS IN THE WATER" defense (god, i hope not) to stomp on the Tigers of South Texas. Bobcats 63-14

North Dakota @ Stephen F. Austin - K, SFA...I'll drink the kool-aid. Moses goes wild, but it's a defensive stop in the endzone that saves the day for the Jacks. Apple Jacks 42-38

Northwestern State @ Baylor - Baylor's very much improved this year and NWSt., well, you've laid an egg so far. Demon fans have gotta have blue balls after all the preseason hype. :-( Not-so-bad News Bears 49-10

Sam Houston State @ Tulsa - Oh Sam. You better borrow someone else's defense if you hope to keep this one within forty. Just get Joseph and Madkins out of the game by halftime. Tulsa has to make up for two weeks of scoring since OU didn't allow them to touch the scoreboard last week...I'm sure the Kat pass defense will understand. Cards seem stacked against the Kats...you're playing a big time passing offense that's gotta be a little mad, AND you're playing against the EPITOME of class in Coach Graham...uh oh...Golden Hurricanes 77-21

Glenville State @ Central Arkansas - who the hell is glenville state? oh, they're a not-so-good div. II team from WV who lost to an even worse div. II team last week. UCA is coming off their biggest win...maybe ever? DO YOU SMELL AN UPSET?! Bears *chomp chomp chomp* eat the Pioneers, 56-0

GeauxLions94
September 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Southeastern La. @ No. 18 South Dakota – The Jackrabbits too are coming off a dominating win, opening up conference play with a 41-0 thrashing of MVFC opponent Indiana State. Here is a true test for the Lions, and this game will give us more of an insight into how the Lions will stack up come SLC play. I believe they can be competitive, but I’m gonna go with the Jackrabbits on this one. SDSU by 10

We're playing the non-ranked Coyotes and not the Rabbits.

GeauxLions94
September 20th, 2009, 08:08 PM

McNeese @ Tulane - This will more than likely be a home game for the nationally-ranked Cowboys as they travel to the Superdome to face the Greenies. Tulane will be out-numbered on the field and in the stands. MCNEESE STATE

Jacksonville State @ Nicholls State - Ryan Perrilloux returns to play in his native state for the first time since getting booted by "The Hat" in Baton Rouge and a big crowd should be expected on the Bayou. Despite a 1-2 record, Gamecocks have played well, but will have their hands full with a pesky Colonel squad. Go with the visiting team in a close one. JACKSONVILLE STATE

Southeastern La. @ South Dakota - Since returning football in 2003, Southeastern has never won when getting on a plane (and hasn't won much when playing outside of Hammond). It's a long trip to Vermillion, and the first true test, for the Lions and USD quarterback Noah Shepherd and Co. will look to avenge last year's 31-30 defeat in Hammond. Lions fall behind early, but a fourth-quarter comeback will move then to 3-1. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Texas Southern @ Texas State - Anyone remember last year's beatdown by the Bobcats on Southland TV? Expect another one when these teams collide again in San Marcos. TEXAS STATE

North Dakota @ Stephen F. Austin - Can North Dakota make it two wins in a row against the Southland on the road? I don't think so as the Sioux face off against the offensive-minded Jacks. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Northwestern State @ Baylor - This one will get ugly ... BAYLOR

Sam Houston State @ Tulsa - ... but not as ugly as this one. TULSA

Glenville State @ Central Arkansas - This one will be ugly as well. At least the league won't hit the ugly-loss trifecta. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Last week: 6-1 (thanks Demons)
This season: 16-5

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 20th, 2009, 08:16 PM
only 7 teams played last week (shsu had a bye), so i'm guessing you meant 6-1 last week.

just didn't want you to get thrown off the rest of the season. :-)

GeauxLions94
September 20th, 2009, 11:12 PM
only 7 teams played last week (shsu had a bye), so i'm guessing you meant 6-1 last week.

just didn't want you to get thrown off the rest of the season. :-)

My picks probably won't prove it, but I'll have the best record at the end of the season :p

Dallas Demon
September 20th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Tulane over McNeese State
North Dakota over SFA
South Dakota over Southeastern
Nicholls State over Jacksonville St.

BEAR
September 20th, 2009, 11:34 PM
SFA over North Dakota
Jacksonville St. over Nicholls State

JoshUCA
September 21st, 2009, 08:31 AM
McNeese over Tulane
SFA over North Dakota
Southeastern over South Dakota

houtexan
September 21st, 2009, 08:43 AM
McNeese State over Tulane (keeping the fingers crossed)
North Dakota over SFA
Nicholls State over Jacksonville St.

msusig
September 21st, 2009, 06:53 PM
Just wanted to say good luck to all the SLC teams this week. Though it's unlikely, I hope we run the table this week.

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Looks like it might be a 5-3 week...tough week in the SLC.

Heading into tonight, 16-5 on the season...

TT's Predictions

BEAR
September 26th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I was glad to see so many second stringers play in the Glenville st. game. An observer could see when Hart and the first stringers came in...guess that tells conque that the second string guys really really need some experience. Plus I guess it kept the first string guys healthy. xlolx

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 26th, 2009, 09:40 PM
6-2 Week for me.

Missed on SELA and McNeese.

22-7 so far.

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM
5-3 it is.

TT's Predictions
2009 Record: 21-8 (0-0 SLC)
Total: 107-44 (33-22 SLC)

El Gato
October 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
A little late, but ehh...

McNeese @ Tulane-MSU by 14/Actual Tulane by 10. Thought the Cowboys could pull it off, and actually as the week progressed I wanted to change my pick to Tulane, but held out faith in McNeese. Could have had a perfect record this week if I did.

No. 24 Jacksonville State @ Nicholls State – JSU by 20/Actual JSU by 50

Southeastern La. @ No. 18 South Dakota – SDSU by 10/Actual SDSU by 31

Texas Southern @ Texas State University. Bobcats by 41/Actual Texas State by 34. Had the correct margin if victory until the Tigers scored that late 4th Q TD on the 2nd team Defense.

North Dakota @ Stephen F. Austin – SFA by 10/Actual SFA by 34

Northwestern State @ Baylor – Baylor by 21/Actual Baylor by 55

Sam Houston State @ Tulsa -. Tulsa by 21/Actual Tulsa by 53

Glenville State @ Central Arkansas UCA by 41/Actual UCA by 14. Way off on the margin of victory on this one. But a win is a win.

Week 1: 7-1
Week 2: 4-2
Week 3: 6-1
Week 4: 7-1

Overall: 24-5

BEAR
October 2nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
SFA over North Dakota

Looks like I went 8-0 that week. xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
October 3rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
A little late, but ehh...

McNeese @ Tulane-MSU by 14/Actual Tulane by 10. Thought the Cowboys could pull it off, and actually as the week progressed I wanted to change my pick to Tulane, but held out faith in McNeese. Could have had a perfect record this week if I did.

I think McNeese vs. Tulane was a little unusual for a FCS/FBS matchup in that the FBS was fired up to play. It was clear that McNeese and its fan base were expecting to win...disrespecting Tulane...and some Louisiana sportswriters were as well. When Tulane came out they were jumping around and such. Hopped up. I didn't get there early enough but I've heard they were talking smack and all while the two teams were on the field warming up. So McNeese didn't catch Tulane flat at all.