Furman 45
Western Carolina 17

Wofford 35
Chattanooga 24

Presbyterian 14
The Citadel 28

Saint3333
September 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I don't get these ASU by 17+ predictions. Samford playing UCF tough and likely had a look ahead game/half vs. Miles similar to McNeese did in week one. Samford has IMO the best RB in the SoCon and a solid defense. I don't think they'll lose any SoCon games by more than 2 TDs and will give ASU everything they want next Saturday.

I'll take Elon by 10

Furman by 24

Wofford by 13

Citadel by 21

ASU-Sammy - no prediction

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 20th, 2009, 09:59 AM
If GSU doesn't turn the ball over, doesn't repeatedly give up big plays on special teams, I think GSU can hold Elon to less than 28. If we can do that , then we've got a chance at the upset. The good news for GSU is that Hatcher always seems to have the team ready for the big conference games.

The Citadel won't have a problem with Presbyterian.

Furman will win by 3 TDs but will give up at least 20 points. I don't think any SoCon defense will be able to shut down Western like GSU did.

Samford and App. State is the battle of a good-looking offense versus a good-looking defense and on the other side a so-so offense versus a so-so defense. At KBS I'll take Appy by 4

Wofford and Chatty will be closer than some think. I'll take Wofford by 14.

terrierbob
September 20th, 2009, 10:10 AM
If GSU doesn't turn the ball over, doesn't repeatedly give up big plays on special teams, I think GSU can hold Elon to less than 28. If we can do that , then we've got a chance at the upset. The good news for GSU is that Hatcher always seems to have the team ready for the big conference games.

Furman will win by 3 TDs but will give up at least 20 points. I don't think any SoCon defense will be able to shut down Western like GSU did.

Samford and App. State is the battle of a good-looking offense versus a good-looking defense and on the other side a so-so offense versus a so-so defense. At KBS I'll take Appy by 4

I agree the Mocs will be looking for payback for the last several years. This is a young, inexperienced Terrier team. Lost a great LB (Niam) for the year yesterday, Breitnstein's out, Mitch Clark's still out. May be a so-so year--we'll see.

PhoenixMan
September 20th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Appalachian State 27 Samford 23
Wofford 24 Chattanooga 17
Elon 31 GSU 20
El Cid 38 PC 0
Furman 55 WCU 9 xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

App. St. 28 Samford 14
Elon 35 GSU 27
The Citadel 48 PC 7
Furman 21 WCU 17
Wofford 52 Chatty 10

I think WCU is better than they have shown. PC has nothing, The Citadel may beat them worse than I predict. I think Elon will handle GSU, but not by much. I pick GSU if the game is in Statesboro. App St. will show that they are still the team to beat in the SoCon; Samford will score late to make it closer than it really will be.

ASU_Fanatic
September 20th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Appalachian State 29 Samford 17
Wofford 21 Chattanooga 7
Elon 35 GSU 38
Citadel 24 PC 7
Furman 41 WCU 14

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2009, 02:55 PM
This game against WCU scares me. I was in the crowd when our vaunted offense played a night game early in the season in Cullowhee and got our butts handed to us. Still, if Furman plays the way they are supposed to/capable of, they should win this one by a couple scores.

Game to watch is Wofford and UTC, for me. I'm really not sure what to think of Wofford through three games. UTC looks improved, not great, but improved. They can certainly hang around if Wofford's not ready.

SideLine Shooter
September 20th, 2009, 03:06 PM
The Citadel- 34 PC- 10

Woffo- 27 Chatty- 13

ASU- 13 Sammy- 41

FU- 10 WCU-3

GSU-21 Elon-17

Reign of Terrier
September 20th, 2009, 03:15 PM
For those of us who think Wofford will score in the low 20s against UTC just remember...we've scored at least 40 in like 5 of the last 6 meetingsxnodx

catamount man
September 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
For those of us who think Wofford will score in the low 20s against UTC just remember...we've scored at least 40 in the last 5 meetingsxnodx

Might wanna check that 2005 game against UTC.

Reign of Terrier
September 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Might wanna check that 2005 game against UTC.

Math sucks

other than that year we do pretty well

The Cats
September 20th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Furman 41 WCU 26

no way Western scores 26 points against a decent defense...
likewise... Western holds FU to 35.

Reign of Terrier
September 20th, 2009, 03:36 PM

they don't have a decent defense from what I hear, and if you want I'll say those points come in Garbage time. If PC can score 20 on them I think you can score 26. I have a feeling that Wagner will have a tenure at Western similar to Rodriguez at Michigan...you'll sputter for the first couple years and then one year you'll just skyrocket and surprise everyone (similar to what Michigan is doing now, but rather down the road)

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM

FWIW, that was the most focused I have seen a GSU defense in the Chris Hatcher era, and that includes the second half of the Wofford game last year where we shut them out.

I think your offense is better than you think they are, and that you will put up some points against Furman. Not a lot, but a good many. PC put up 21 and 400+ yards of offense.

james_lawfirm
September 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM
The Citadel- 34 PC- 10

Woffo- 27 Chatty- 13

ASU- 13 Sammy- 41

FU- 10 WCU-3

GSU-21 Elon-17

WOW! xeekx ASU 13 xnutsx Sammy 41 xnutsx ???

Have we lost a little confidence here? Or, what?

I believe App's D will have the kinks worked out for the Samford game.

And, ain't nothing wrong with our offense that a little better App D can't cure.

SU DOG
September 20th, 2009, 03:56 PM
xlolx SideLine Shooter has some agenda or reverse psychology in mind. xnodx

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2009, 04:16 PM
FWIW, that was the most focused I have seen a GSU defense in the Chris Hatcher era, and that includes the second half of the Wofford game last year where we shut them out.

I think your offense is better than you think they are, and that you will put up some points against Furman. Not a lot, but a good many. PC put up 21 and 400+ yards of offense.

Furman gave up 20 points against UTC on the road. We know Preby is not as good as UTC (as the Mocs just beat them). So, I don't put a lot of stock in what Furman's defense did in the first game of the year, against a team we had no idea what they were going to do offensively, and breaking in a bunch of new players.

That said, I'll be the first to admit Furman's defense looks suspect. However, I don't think WCU is going to keep us out of the endzone enough times to keep it close. The Paladins just have a lot of weapons on offense.

SideLine Shooter
September 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM
WOW! xeekx ASU 13 xnutsx Sammy 41 xnutsx ???

Have we lost a little confidence here? Or, what?

I believe App's D will have the kinks worked out for the Samford game.

And, ain't nothing wrong with our offense that a little better App D can't cure.

Our Defense has played 1 half of the defense I know they are capable of playing in 2 games. They will either come together and play to their game or completely lose it. Somebody has got to step up and be the leader on that defense. Prove it to me this Saturday.

The Cats
September 20th, 2009, 04:34 PM
That said, I'll be the first to admit Furman's defense looks suspect.

Not as suspect as the Western offensive line.

james_lawfirm
September 20th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Our Defense has played 1 half of the defense I know they are capable of playing in 2 games. They will either come together and play to their game or completely lose it. Somebody has got to step up and be the leader on that defense. Prove it to me this Saturday.

SideLine:

You are exactly right! And, I am anticipating such proof on Saturday to both your and my satisfaction.

The talent level is there, the skill level is there, we just have to work on the MENTAL level. And, hey, we're the most mental bunch of guys I know. (OK, for all you App fans who are a tad too serious, that last statement was HUMOR!)

Seriously though, I recall another poster saying that a team learns the most between the first and second game of the season. For App's D, I believe that it will have improved the most between the second and third games. I cannot WAIT until next Saturday.

SideLine Shooter
September 20th, 2009, 04:50 PM
SideLine:

You are exactly right! And, I am anticipating such proof on Saturday to both your and my satisfaction.

The talent level is there, the skill level is there, we just have to work on the MENTAL level. And, hey, we're the most mental bunch of guys I know. (OK, for all you App fans who are a tad too serious, that last statement was HUMOR!)

Seriously though, I recall another poster saying that a team learns the most between the first and second game of the season. For App's D, I believe that it will have improved the most between the second and third games. I cannot WAIT until next Saturday.

We will find out Saturday. If they have not improved it could be a long season, or a really short one compared to expectations.

Reign of Terrier
September 20th, 2009, 05:58 PM

not to change the subject of the thread or to downgrade your achievements, but I think you could say that last year we f'd it up in the 2nd about as much as you guys played determined

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Not as suspect as the Western offensive line.

bonus for us. Our defensive backs have not been the real issue, rather the defensive line. No pressure on the quarterback.

Reign of Terrier
September 20th, 2009, 06:55 PM
bonus for us. Our defensive backs have not been the real issue, rather the defensive line. No pressure on the quarterback.

well that will just suck when you play us:D

PhoenixSupreme
September 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Appalachian State 35 -- Samford 24 (I think App sees this as a statement game)
Wofford 27 -- Chattanooga 10
Elon 31 -- GSU 30 (Going with the recent "1-2 point difference" trend in this series)
Citadel 35 -- PC 13
Furman 38 -- WCU 24 (It will be close for a while, then Furman will pull away)

RazorEdge19
September 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Samford - Appalachian State

Samford's a solid team this year, but they get introduced to the Rock this year. Suffice to say, even skill sometimes can't overcome the Rock.

ASU 31
Samford 27

Wofford - Chattanooga

Wofford's looked suspect in the first three games, and injuries have plagued them. UTC has a new attitude and a new look. Unfortunately for them, still the same result.

Wofford - 28
UTC - 14

GSU - Elon

After two years of playing within 1-2 points and going to OT last year, I would think Coach Hatcher just may have found out how to beat this opponent. His team has more talent, but will he be able to unleash it in NC? I say yes, its a revenge game.

GSU - 31
Elon - 28

Citadel - PC

El Cid is an okay team. PC is not.

El Cid - 35
PC - 10

Furman - WCU

This is the most interesting battle in the SoCon this week. The purple teams battle it out for dominance of the color. Furman did not impress me last year, and they aren't impressing me this year. WCU did impress me last year, and I think they are better this year.

WCU - 28
FU - 21

james_lawfirm
September 20th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Samford 14 - Appalachian State 49
App finds it's D & Sammy finds it does not like the Rock.

Wofford 27 - Chattanooga 14
Chatty needs help. Wofford's injuries are mounting, but the option still works.

GSU 24 - Elon 27
GaSo still has problems with Elon.

Citadel 42 - PC 5
The Cadets run over the Blue Hose.

Furman 35 - WCU 3
Why does Western play football? No one knows.

kdinva
September 20th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Appy. St. 34; Samford 22
Wofford 37; UTC 14
Elon 31; GSU 21
The Citadel 38, Presby. 16
Furman 41; WCU 20.

FurmanPaladins4138
September 20th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Furman did not impress me last year, and they aren't impressing me this year. WCU did impress me last year, and I think they are better this year.

WCU - 28
FU - 21

Really?

WCU impressed you last year?

I mean, 3-9 is impressive...wait, no it isn't...

appmaj
September 21st, 2009, 07:06 AM
Georgia Southern 24
Elon 41

App State 42
Samford 21

Furman 28
Western Carolina 17

Wofford 35
Chattanooga 10

Presbyterian 3
The Citadel 21

PaladinFan
September 21st, 2009, 07:45 AM
Really?

WCU impressed you last year?

I mean, 3-9 is impressive...wait, no it isn't...

I ask this in all seriousness...but who actually is impressing anyone in the SoCon right now? Every team in the conference has been blown out at least once (except App, and they are 0-2) and some (Wofford) have been blown out twice.

Furman's defense has been shaky....no doubt in my mind. However, this is the best offense we've had since the Ingle Martin days. If you can keep us out of the endzone, more power to you. My guess is most teams won't.

I just don't see why everyone is bagging on the Furman defense. Sure, they had a tough opening game against PC (a game Furman won by over three scores, btw). They went to Chattanooga and limited them to 314 yards at their place. That game, for some reason, fails to get mentioned. Sure, Furman gave up yards to one of the best offenses in the Big 12 and a team they knew nothing about. However, on the road during a conference game they shut down Chattanooga. Why does no one mention that?

PaladinFan
September 21st, 2009, 07:48 AM
Samford 14 - Appalachian State 49
App finds it's D & Sammy finds it does not like the Rock.

Wofford 27 - Chattanooga 14
Chatty needs help. Wofford's injuries are mounting, but the option still works.

GSU 24 - Elon 27
GaSo still has problems with Elon.

Citadel 42 - PC 5
The Cadets run over the Blue Hose.

Furman 35 - WCU 3
Why does Western play football? No one knows.

I do agree that App State will beat Samford by a handful. Sammy has never been on the road in Boone and their offense has still yet to find itself. If ASU can't keep Samford out of the endzone, though, it might be tough sledding for the Mountaineers when they start facing the league's better offenses.

I'll know a lot more about the conference this week.

JMU Newbill
September 21st, 2009, 07:49 AM
I ask this in all seriousness...but who actually is impressing anyone in the SoCon right now? Every team in the conference has been blown out at least once (except App, and they are 0-2) and some (Wofford) have been blown out twice.

Furman's defense has been shaky....no doubt in my mind. However, this is the best offense we've had since the Ingle Martin days. If you can keep us out of the endzone, more power to you. My guess is most teams won't.

I just don't see why everyone is bagging on the Furman defense. Sure, they had a tough opening game against PC (a game Furman won by over three scores, btw). They went to Chattanooga and limited them to 314 yards at their place. That game, for some reason, fails to get mentioned. Sure, Furman gave up yards to one of the best offenses in the Big 12 and a team they knew nothing about. However, on the road during a conference game they shut down Chattanooga. Why does no one mention that?

*Insert Armanti Edwards/App St. rant here

OL FU
September 21st, 2009, 08:12 AM
Elon by 10
ASU by 10
Furman by 17
Wofford by 21
The Citadel by 24

PaladinNation
September 21st, 2009, 08:40 AM

Furman's depth chart on defense:

3 Seniors
3 Juniors
8 Sophomores
3 Redshirt Freshmen
6 True Freshmen

That's 17 Sophomores and Freshmen playing, these guys will only get better with PT.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
I ask this in all seriousness...but who actually is impressing anyone in the SoCon right now? Every team in the conference has been blown out at least once (except App, and they are 0-2)

Not Sammy.

DPardue
September 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
Every team in the conference has been blown out at least once (except App, and they are 0-2)

And Samford, who is four points away from being 3-0.

PaladinFan
September 21st, 2009, 08:52 AM
Not Sammy.

True. Forgot they played UCF close.

OL FU
September 21st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Samford - Appalachian State

Samford's a solid team this year, but they get introduced to the Rock this year. Suffice to say, even skill sometimes can't overcome the Rock.

ASU 31
Samford 27

Wofford - Chattanooga

Wofford's looked suspect in the first three games, and injuries have plagued them. UTC has a new attitude and a new look. Unfortunately for them, still the same result.

Wofford - 28
UTC - 14

GSU - Elon

After two years of playing within 1-2 points and going to OT last year, I would think Coach Hatcher just may have found out how to beat this opponent. His team has more talent, but will he be able to unleash it in NC? I say yes, its a revenge game.

GSU - 31
Elon - 28

Citadel - PC

El Cid is an okay team. PC is not.

El Cid - 35
PC - 10

Furman - WCU

This is the most interesting battle in the SoCon this week. The purple teams battle it out for dominance of the color. Furman did not impress me last year, and they aren't impressing me this year. WCU did impress me last year, and I think they are better this year.

WCU - 28
FU - 21

I know that things change from week to week but you do realize that WCU had a whopping 4 first downs and a total of about 190 yards last saturday. xnodx

Death Dealer
September 21st, 2009, 08:53 AM
well that will just suck when you play us:D

At the rate you guys are losing skill players to injuryxsmhx, it won't matter by then, because you will be playing with band members (oh, wait:D).

What is up with all those injuries? Did you guys piss off a witch doctor?xconfusedx I hope your luck in that department turns around soon.xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
September 21st, 2009, 09:06 AM
At the rate you guys are losing skill players to injuryxsmhx, it won't matter by then, because you will be playing with band members (oh, wait:D).

What is up with all those injuries? Did you guys piss off a witch doctor?xconfusedx I hope your luck in that department turns around soon.xthumbsupx

By the time the last game of the season rolls around, that may not be far from accurate.

ashram
September 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM
Furman - WCU

WCU - 28
FU - 21

What games have you seen that any of this is based on? Our 2005 game up there proved anything can happen, but if I'm making predictions I'd say Furman by more than 2 td's.

Anybody got a link for a Catamount message board?

WCU LawCat
September 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/nav/start.asp?webtag=catamountpride

Not a happy group right now.

drpnut
September 21st, 2009, 12:38 PM
Appy vs. Sammy... I think it will be a decent game, esp. if SAmmy can control the clock a bit... Appy 42 SAmmy 24

Elon vs. GSU... this is a tricky one to call, but I"m going the the Bird in this one...

Bird 28 Eagles 21

ElCid and Pantyhose... Elcid cruises, but the Hose make it interesting late...

Dogs 30 HosieryDudes 18

Furple at WCU... another tough one to call... cats gave Furple all they could handle in G'vegas last year... Wagner has his boys pumped... Furple will be a bit Jet lagged... Furple should win by a bunch but I think the mountain magic gets turned on early this year...

Cats 24 Horsemen 21

Woffy at Chatty... this could be a trap game for Woffy... but... they put a hurtin on ChuckSouth after South Flo., and I expect the same this week... by about the same margin

Puppies 38 Mocs 17

danefan
September 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
GO EAGLES!

http://teenormous.com/images/t-shirts/images.footballfanatics.com/130/productImages-_344000-FF_344794_l.jpg

Reign of Terrier
September 21st, 2009, 05:24 PM

1) There are T-shirts now that say "Wofford Band" on them

2) Fun little stat, the 2 key players we lost were Sophomores

3) We may be getting some late karma from the "curse of Paulson" being the team who has won their more times than any team or something, as for the Witch doctors...I think the lawn mower that injured Armanti has some friends....

msusig
September 21st, 2009, 06:48 PM
Just wanted to drop in an wish App State good luck in their next game and the rest of the season. Sure hope we don't meet you again in the playoffs.

mrklean
September 21st, 2009, 06:55 PM
GO EAGLES!!!!!!

GATA!!!!!!!

GoGSU
September 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
GO EAGLES!

http://teenormous.com/images/t-shirts/images.footballfanatics.com/130/productImages-_344000-FF_344794_l.jpg

Thanks!! and congrats on your win last weekend!

GSU 31
Eloan 24

oh and by the way.....Furman will kill WCU and App will kill Sammy! xthumbsupx

SU 82
September 21st, 2009, 08:47 PM
Georgia Southern 16
Elon 28

App State 23
Samford 14

Furman 41
Western Carolina 21

Wofford 35
Chattanooga 7

Presbyterian 6
The Citadel 28

ASU_MBA
September 21st, 2009, 08:58 PM
Just wanted to drop in an wish App State good luck in their next game and the rest of the season. Sure hope we don't meet you again in the playoffs.

I continue to be amazed at how classy the fans are at McNeese State. I hope you guys win the Southland, I want a rematch because that was some good football.

furpal87
September 22nd, 2009, 12:41 AM
Cit-PC Pc hasn't shown much, but has Citadel? I think it's close than you think 26-18 Citadel
Sam-App St: first trip to KBS for Samford, 0-2 App State will be out for blood Just see one annoyed team this time App 49 Samford 19
GSU-Elon: Not sure what to make of either team that big loss to SDSU scares me, and if Elon is going to make noise it's got to be this year Elon 37 GSU 27
Woff-Chatt: We'll see a lot about Wofford this week, Wofford 24-13
Furman-WCU: Western doesn't look like it can do anything, Furman's done what it's supposed to so far, keeping it up Furman 34 WCU 21

phillyAPP
September 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
I continue to be amazed at how classy the fans are at McNeese State. I hope you guys win the Southland, I want a rematch because that was some good football.

I second the motion to congratulate the MSU fans and wish a rematch later this year, if we earn it.

Seven Would Be Nice
September 22nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
Georgia Southern over Elon in a close game

App State falls to Samford and the wheels fall off the wagon up in Boone

Furman over Western Carolina

Wofford over Chattanooga

Presbyterian falls to The Citadel by a few

Death Dealer
September 22nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
1) There are T-shirts now that say "Wofford Band" on them

2) Fun little stat, the 2 key players we lost were Sophomores

3) We may be getting some late karma from the "curse of Paulson" being the team who has won their more times than any team or something, as for the Witch doctors...I think the lawn mower that injured Armanti has some friends....

Seriously, I hope you guys can avoid any more injuries.xthumbsupx Are these guys gone for the season? Hopefully, they can heal and get back in the mix. We don't want any excuses when we whip you in G'vegas this year.xnodxxthumbsupx

phoenixphanatic21
September 22nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Elon gets back and track and beats Georgia Southern, 31-21

App also gets back on track and beats Samford, 27-20.

Furman beats Western, 35-10.

Wofford beats Chattanooga, 28-7.

Citadel beats Presby, 23-10.

Jiggs
September 22nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Sam-App St: first trip to KBS for Samford

this week’s game marks the first time Samford has played at Appalachian State since Nov. 7, 1970, when the Bulldogs defeated the Mountaineers by a score of 42-35

xnonox

Woof
September 22nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Georgia Southern 24
Elon 41

App State 42
Samford 21

Furman 28
Western Carolina 17

Wofford 35
Chattanooga 10

Presbyterian 3
The Citadel 21

Ditto... with the sole exception being that I think El Cid 's margin over PC will be bigger. 41-10.

Woof
September 22nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
By the time the last game of the season rolls around, that may not be far from accurate.

The truth hurts. xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx Hopefully some of our newbies will be grizzled vets by then though. xthumbsupx

GATA
September 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
I think Elon wins 44-3
I'll take App State winning 83-7
I'll go with Furman 50-0
I'll go with PC 10-2
and I'll go with Wofford 17-7

Gringer1
September 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
this week’s game marks the first time Samford has played at Appalachian State since Nov. 7, 1970, when the Bulldogs defeated the Mountaineers by a score of 42-35

xnonox

The current Appalachian team is a far cry from the product they put out in the 70s. I really feel like most Samford fans don't understand that the SoCon is a lot tougher than they've seen so far. Furman, Elon, and GSU did not play up to form in their meetings with sammy last year and the dogs seem to think that is typical for these teams. Don't get me wrong, I actually kinda like Samford, I just think many of them don't really "get" the SoCon yet.

SU 82
September 22nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
The current Appalachian team is a far cry from the product they put out in the 70s. I really feel like most Samford fans don't understand that the SoCon is a lot tougher than they've seen so far. Furman, Elon, and GSU did not play up to form in their meetings with sammy last year and the dogs seem to think that is typical for these teams. Don't get me wrong, I actually kinda like Samford, I just think many of them don't really "get" the SoCon yet.

I don't think the implication was that Appy's product is unchanged from 1970. He was just correcting the impression that a Samford football team has never played in Boone.

If Samford fans underestimate the SoCon's strength (and I'm not sure I agree that's true) would you also agree that the SoCon underestimated Samford? I remember debates about whether Samford would win its first conference game in season one, season two or beyond.

I think many of those people didn't really "get" Samford football.

Reign of Terrier
September 22nd, 2009, 07:31 PM
Seriously, I hope you guys can avoid any more injuries.xthumbsupx Are these guys gone for the season? Hopefully, they can heal and get back in the mix. We don't want any excuses when we whip you in G'vegas this year.xnodxxthumbsupx

xlolxxlolxthat was a good one..the thing with the injuries is a) yes the LB is out for the year and b) I thought we were pretty deep at every defensive position, but now we're not

SU DOG
September 22nd, 2009, 07:36 PM

And many SoCon fans don't seem to grasp the fact that Samford is a FAR CRY from the days not long ago before Pat Sullivan was the HFC xnodx

Gringer1
September 22nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
And many SoCon fans don't seem to grasp the fact that Samford is a FAR CRY from the days not long ago before Pat Sullivan was the HFC xnodx

I agree that Samford was underestimated. Pat Sullivan is a great coach, the kind of guy you hate to see leading the opposition. I don't mean that all Sammy fans don't appreciate the SoCon, just the ones who say things like GSU and Furman aren't the programs they claim to be; they're gonna crush App because the mounties are not actually very good; just stuff like that.

SU DOG
September 22nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
I agree that Samford was underestimated. Pat Sullivan is a great coach, the kind of guy you hate to see leading the opposition. I don't mean that all Sammy fans don't appreciate the SoCon, just the ones who say things like GSU and Furman aren't the programs they claim to be; they're gonna crush App because the mounties are not actually very good; just stuff like that.

WHOA!!! Where have you heard any of us say we're gonna crush App State (I think most Samford Fans are fairly SANE), or disrespect GSU or Furman? It's isn't on our message board and it isn't on here. Matter of fact, we are probably the LEAST confrontational fans around, because we are so VERY thankful to be in this conference.

Ivytalk
September 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Appalachian State 35 -- Samford 24 (I think App sees this as a statement game)
Wofford 27 -- Chattanooga 10
Elon 31 -- GSU 30 (Going with the recent "1-2 point difference" trend in this series)
Citadel 35 -- PC 13
Furman 38 -- WCU 24 (It will be close for a while, then Furman will pull away)

Looks just about right to me.

ronpayne
September 22nd, 2009, 09:59 PM

I want some of what he is drinking !!!! xnodxxnodx

xcoffeex or xbeerchugx ??

seahawkfan2007
September 22nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
App St. 35 Samford 13
Wofford 40 Chatt 14
GSU 31 Elon 20
Furman 38 W. Carolina 10
Citidel 35 Presby 14

KiddBrewer
September 22nd, 2009, 11:52 PM
I think Elon wins 44-3
I'll go with Furman 50-0
I'll go with PC 10-2
and I'll go with Wofford 17-7

ill believe the "83", before i believe the "7"xcoffeex

T-Dog
September 23rd, 2009, 12:43 AM
this week’s game marks the first time Samford has played at Appalachian State since Nov. 7, 1970, when the Bulldogs defeated the Mountaineers by a score of 42-35.

xnonox

Actually, yes it is. In 1970, KBS was known as Conrad Stadium. It was demolished and rebuilt as Kidd-Brewer Stadium in 1987 so it is the first time Samford has played at KBS.

And it looked like this.

http://contentdm.library.appstate.edu/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/historical_photographs&CISOPTR=111&DMSCALE=20.00000&DMWIDTH=600&DMHEIGHT=600&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=%20conrad%20stadium&REC=10&DMTHUMB=1&DMROTATE=0

KiddBrewer
September 23rd, 2009, 05:37 AM
WHOA!!! Where have you heard any of us say we're gonna crush App State (I think most Samford Fans are fairly SANE), or disrespect GSU or Furman? It's isn't on our message board and it isn't on here. Matter of fact, we are probably the LEAST confrontational fans around, because we are so VERY thankful to be in this conference.

no worries...most of your fans ive talked to seem pretty sane to me. were glad to have you in our conference too

CamelCityAppFan
September 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
Actually, yes it is. In 1970, KBS was known as Conrad Stadium. It was demolished and rebuilt as Kidd-Brewer Stadium in 1987 so it is the first time Samford has played at KBS.

Yes, it would be the first time Samford has played in KBS, but in 1987 they didn't demolish Conrad Stadium and rebuild it. The took the letters that spelled "Conrad" down and replaced them with letters that spelled "Kidd Brewer". In 1987 the stadium looked basically like it did up until this most recent renovation.

biggie
September 23rd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Yes, it would be the first time Samford has played in KBS, but in 1987 they didn't demolish Conrad Stadium and rebuild it. The took the letters that spelled "Conrad" down and replaced them with letters that spelled "Kidd Brewer". In 1987 the stadium looked basically like it did up until this most recent renovation.
They had to redo the West side from that pic, its much bigger than that (not even including the press box/suites/etc.

The East side looks the same (except the improvements added on).

Edit: guess the West side in the pic is just the student section now.

apppackdad
September 23rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
APP 35- Samford 17. ASU picks up tempo and wears down 'Dogs in 4th.
Ga.So.24-Elon21. GSU slows pace, more ball control, wins a good close one.
Cit. 31-PC 10. Just the way it is.
Woff. 27-Chatty 6. Mocs don't score a TD
Furman Some exponential power of 6-WCU 0.
xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GSUhooligan
September 23rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
App
citadel
Furman
Wofford
GSU

The Cats
September 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Samford 27 App St. 21
Wofford 28 Chatt 14
GSU 10 Elon 21
The Citadel 35 Presby 14
Furman @ W. Carolina (no prediction)

Waco Kid
September 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Please pull off the upset this week.

Waco Kid
September 24th, 2009, 12:23 PM
They had to redo the West side from that pic, its much bigger than that (not even including the press box/suites/etc.

The East side looks the same (except the improvements added on).

Edit: guess the West side in the pic is just the student section now.

The two original sections from Conrad Stadium are now gone, but that didn't happen until 1995 when the great Laney Stadium Reduction Plan took place. When the upper deck was added to the West Side in 1979/1980 Conrad went from 10,000 to 18,000. In 1995 it dropped to 16,500 thanks to new building codes associated with replacing the crumbling old Conrad lower levels.

biggie
September 24th, 2009, 02:11 PM
The two original sections from Conrad Stadium are now gone, but that didn't happen until 1995 when the great Laney Stadium Reduction Plan took place. When the upper deck was added to the West Side in 1979/1980 Conrad went from 10,000 to 18,000. In 1995 it dropped to 16,500 thanks to new building codes associated with replacing the crumbling old Conrad lower levels.
Guess that's what I learn since I didn't make it to a game til '96.