My picks:
Bucknell by 7 (maybe close)
Holy Cross by 3 (close)
Yale by 7 (maybe close)
Colgate by 21+
The Citadel by 10
Brown by 6 (close maybe)
Fordham by 17
Villanova by 21+ (Villanova ranked #2, not even close)

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Just to be contrary, I'm picking Cornhole and Columbia. And Yale wins in a rout.xcoolx

bulldog10jw
September 19th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Bucknell at Cornell
Harvard at Holy Cross
Yale at Georgetown
Colgate at Dartmouth
The Citadel at Princeton
Brown at Stony Brook
Columbia at Fordham
Villanova at Penn

Where's Yalefootballfan ?

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 19th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Bucknell 14 at Cornell 10 :) unexpectedly good game
Harvard 35 at Holy Cross 38 xthumbsupx FCS Game of the Week
Yale 56 at Georgetown 21 xsmhx heading towards 1-10
Colgate 45 at Dartmouth 21 xbawlingx 0-1 on way to 0-10
The Citadel 14 at Princeton 24 xrolleyesx Princeton at home
Brown 24 at Stony Brook 14 xsmiley_wix Brown surprises
Columbia 21 at Fordham 24 xrotatehx Fordham survies XTown match
Villanova 38 at Penn 14 xbowx CAA domination

otto4pres
September 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
xcoffeex

bonarae
September 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Record this week:
Cornell 33, Bucknell 9
Holy Cross 27, Harvard 20 :(
Yale 31, Georgetown 10
Colgate 34, Dartmouth 15
The Citadel 38, Princeton 7 (This goes to show that the Ivies are quite afraid in facing FCS teams from the South, Midwest and West, i.e. the playoff conferences)
Columbia 40, Fordham 28 (this took us by surprise)
Stony Brook 21, Brown 20 (in the end, Brown fell short :()

Villanova leading Penn 14-3, 6 minutes remain in the game.

ElSissy
September 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
The Citadel 38, Princeton 7 (This goes to show that the Ivies are quite afraid in facing FCS teams from the South, Midwest and West, i.e. the playoff conferences)

The Ivies who aren't Princeton, anyway. You have to give PU some credit for taking scheduling risks with El Cid and USD. In a way, I'm disappointed with the results in this two-game series. They will only further discourage the other Ivies from scheduling teams from the SoCon and other FCS conferences.

bkrownd
September 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
It isn't real football season until the Ivies start playing... ;)

bonarae
September 19th, 2009, 11:19 PM
The Ivies who aren't Princeton, anyway. You have to give PU some credit for taking scheduling risks with El Cid and USD. In a way, I'm disappointed with the results in this two-game series. They will only further discourage the other Ivies from scheduling teams from the SoCon and other FCS conferences.

True. My ideas might be only wishful thinking at best... xbawlingx

Harvard Worship
September 20th, 2009, 12:58 AM
The big Columbia score is indeed something of a surprise. It seems to me the PR folks there promised a turnaround every year for the past 5. Is it actually happening? "I'll take Columbia & the over"?? ... yipes what a thought.

I shoulda foreseen the Harvard-HC result. I jinxed us by opting for actual religion over football-religion & missing the game today. My bad. Sorry.

danefan
September 20th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Columbia is indeed turning it around I think. Good coaching staff (including two former Albany players) is really recruiting well.

And BTW - the Ivy outperformed my expectations by a lot yesterday. Congrats!

Fordham
September 20th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Columbia is indeed turning it around I think. Good coaching staff (including two former Albany players) is really recruiting well.

And BTW - the Ivy outperformed my expectations by a lot yesterday. Congrats!

Columbia's offense looked legit last night. Their QB is thick, athletic and just overall good. They also beat us on both sides of the LOS. Their D is very suspect, though. We put up 500+ yards on them. Overall, I think they'll be competitive ... and moreso than in recent years ... but I still think they'll finish middle of the pack in the Ivy. If we don't make some sort of dramatic defensive changes, I'll surprised at any W's we get this season. xnonono2x

Dane, curious about that last line. Other than maybe Columbia and possibly Penn's close matchup with 'Nova, who surprised you yesterday? I actually thought that other than us, the PL did pretty well yesterday. We won the battle of the pre-season favorites. G-town gave Yale a better game than most expected up until the very end. Colgate took care of business. Cornell, maybe the other unexpected surprise for you but I don't think most PL supporters are shocked by it. Princeton was spanked. Again, just curious.

danefan
September 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Columbia's offense looked legit last night. Their QB is thick, athletic and just overall good. They also beat us on both sides of the LOS. Their D is very suspect, though. We put up 500+ yards on them. Overall, I think they'll be competitive ... and moreso than in recent years ... but I still think they'll finish middle of the pack in the Ivy. If we don't make some sort of dramatic defensive changes, I'll surprised at any W's we get this season. xnonono2x

Dane, curious about that last line. Other than maybe Columbia and possibly Penn's close matchup with 'Nova, who surprised you yesterday? I actually thought that other than us, the PL did pretty well yesterday. We won the battle of the pre-season favorites. G-town gave Yale a better game than most expected up until the very end. Colgate took care of business. Cornell, maybe the other unexpected surprise for you but I don't think most PL supporters are shocked by it. Princeton was spanked. Again, just curious.

I was suprised by the performance of Penn and Harvard keeping those games close. I thought both of those games would have been 2 TD+ lossess.

Columbia for the win and Cornell for the shalacking of Bucknell.

Overall, the results surprised me.

Ivytalk
September 20th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Harvard beat Columbia in a shootout last year, and Austin Knowlin is a real breakaway threat. The Lions could make some noise, but that defense...xrolleyesx

I thought Brown would handle Stony Brook. That was the only surprise to me. Harvard and Brown will play on Friday night. Don't want to start out 0-2!:o

brownbear
September 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Harvard beat Columbia in a shootout last year, and Austin Knowlin is a real breakaway threat. The Lions could make some noise, but that defense...xrolleyesx

I thought Brown would handle Stony Brook. That was the only surprise to me. Harvard and Brown will play on Friday night. Don't want to start out 0-2!:o

We should have beaten them yesterday. First, We had two interceptions in the red zone in the second quarter, so it could have been 21-7 or even 21-14 at halftime instead of 14-14.

Then the kicker, arrrrrggghhh

YaleFootballFan
September 20th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Bucknell at Cornell
Harvard at Holy Cross
Yale at Georgetown
Colgate at Dartmouth
The Citadel at Princeton
Brown at Stony Brook
Columbia at Fordham
Villanova at Penn

Where's Yalefootballfan ?

I'm here.

I haven't been on here since July, but now that the season has started I'm back for good.

bulldog10jw
September 20th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I'm here.

I haven't been on here since July, but now that the season has started I'm back for good.

Glad you're here. Did you travel to D.C. or do you only do the homes games?

YaleFootballFan
September 21st, 2009, 09:19 PM
Glad you're here. Did you travel to D.C. or do you only do the homes games?

At one time I went to ALL the games, but now I just stick with the home games. The only places I'll travel to are Dartmouth and Brown, and both of them are home this year.