PDA

View Full Version : Congrats App. St.

Kill'em
December 12th, 2005, 07:42 PM
This is hard to believe coming from a rival, but I wish you well in THE FINALS. Win this and make the SoCon proud. App. St is the real deal and this should be a great game!

ASU Kep
December 12th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks a lot. Hopefully there'll be "One flag over North Carolina" come Saturday morning. :D

Kill'em
December 12th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Hey what is that picture?

ASU Kep
December 12th, 2005, 10:03 PM
App/Furman 2005 round II post-game celebrations. We tore down the goalposts. One went into Duck Pond, same place the infamous "bus" goalpost from GSU 2003 ended up :D, and a whole bunch of students (me included) jumped in with it. The other goalpost was carried all through campus until the cops decided it would be best to break up a peaceful post-game celebration with dogs, tazers, and pepperspray.

Chi Panther
December 12th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Congrats.....that Photo needs to be on your office desk after you graduate......oh the memories of college!!!! :) :nod: :beerchug:

ASU Kep
December 12th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Congrats.....that Photo needs to be on your office desk after you graduate......oh the memories of college!!!! :) :nod: :beerchug:

Haha, I know! Unfortunately I havn't been able to find any close-ups of me in the pond yet, though there were many taken. Hopefully I can find some, because that would be a picture to be proud of (though I only scantly remember jumping in xprost2x ).

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2005, 10:13 PM
That's about the place I briefly lost my wedding band after the Furman game in 2002. By then I was a dignified, mature alumnus :smiley_wi , so no pond-jumping for me.

Kill'em
December 12th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I just wondered if the water didn't come from App. St. fans not being able to contain their bodily functions after finally going to Chattanooga. By the way, I thought the goalposts were supposed to collapse (after the bus incident).

Just kidding :smiley_wi

Enjoy this. It is an experience you'll never forget. The City of Chattanooga does a great job of hosting. Best wishes to both teams, but this week I'm an App.St fan.

Did I just say that :eek:

Mr. C
December 12th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I just wondered if the water didn't come from App. St. fans not being able to contain their bodily functions after finally going to Chattanooga. By the way, I thought the goalposts were supposed to collapse (after the bus incident).

Just kidding :smiley_wi

Enjoy this. It is an experience you'll never forget. The City of Chattanooga does a great job of hosting. Best wishes to both teams, but this week I'm an App.St fan.

Did I just say that :eek:
Too, too funny. Has the same thing ever happened in Eagle Creek?:smiley_wi

Kill'em
December 12th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Makes you go hmmmmm...

AppAlum96
December 13th, 2005, 12:35 AM
App/Furman 2005 round II post-game celebrations. We tore down the goalposts. One went into Duck Pond, same place the infamous "bus" goalpost from GSU 2003 ended up :D, and a whole bunch of students (me included) jumped in with it. The other goalpost was carried all through campus until the cops decided it would be best to break up a peaceful post-game celebration with dogs, tazers, and pepperspray.

I was at the game in '94 when ASU beat #1 Marshall 24-14. We also tore down the goalposts. We took one around town before depositing it in the duck pond. It was our shennanigans that led to the breakaway goalposts being installed!

HiHiYikas
December 13th, 2005, 12:47 AM
I was at the game in '94 when ASU beat #1 Marshall 24-14. We also tore down the goalposts. We took one around town before depositing it in the duck pond. It was our shennanigans that led to the breakaway goalposts being installed!
we need to work on a list of the times ASU's goalposts have been torn down. Then we need to re-evaluate, after last week's win in the "Biggest game in ASU history," if they need to keep coming down as often as they have been these past 10 years or so.

AppAlum96
December 13th, 2005, 01:14 AM
I know of 3 times, and that's including the Marshall game which was 11 years ago. I don't know of any occurrences between 94 and when I left boone in 2000.

tralfangar
December 13th, 2005, 11:25 AM
2002 - Furman
2003 - Ga Southern
2005 - Furman

Those were the only times since I've been at App...They were all huge games and ended with an enormous burst of energy.

Kiss My Apps
December 13th, 2005, 11:38 AM
'94 - Marshall

'99 - GSU

'02 - Furman

'03 - GSU

'05 - Furman

AppAlum96
December 13th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I can understand '02, after "The Miracle on the Mountain". And beating GSU kinda got a monkey off ASU's back, and Saturday was definitely justified, as was Marshall in '94. With the basketball team going to pot in the post Buzz years, ASU fans pretty much only have football to get this excited about. Hell, I was at ASU in '91, and there was an impromptu celebration on campus when the Atlanta Braves won the pennant for the first time! ASU fans just want an excuse to celebrate. Hopefully they'll get a big one this weekend. I just wish classes were in session...

GGASU
December 13th, 2005, 11:44 AM
'92- Braves win NLCS

'94 - Marshall

'99 - GSU

'02 - Furman

'03 - GSU

'05 - Furman

EagleCrusade
December 13th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Good luck SoCon fiends, er friends. Win one for the SoCon.

DinoDex200
December 13th, 2005, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=ASU Kep]Haha, I know! Unfortunately I havn't been able to find any close-ups of me in the pond yet...QUOTE]

You mean, this isn't you?

http://blueridgeblog.blogs.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/son.jpg