PDA

View Full Version : UND at Northwestern State TV coverage

DaveK
September 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Supposedly this game is going to be aired as a tape delay broadcast on Fox College Sports at 5:30 Sunday afternoon, according to a schedule I found on the Fox College Sports website:

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/1523311

However, on my DirecTV guide channel I don't see anything listed for channel 617 at that time. Can anybody here confirm or deny this information?

darell1976
September 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Supposedly this game is going to be aired as a tape delay broadcast on Fox College Sports at 5:30 Sunday afternoon, according to a schedule I found on the Fox College Sports website:

However, on my DirecTV guide channel I don't see anything listed for channel 617 at that time. Can anybody here confirm or deny this information?

I have Directv too and it just says TBA.

TexasTerror
September 18th, 2009, 03:23 PM
There are THREE Fox College Sports channels. Typically, only LIVE games are shown on DirecTV 617.

All TV affiliates for this week's game are listed at the SLC web site (link below). You'll note that the game will be shown on Fox College Sports Central, which means it will NOT show on DirecTV.

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=204795836

Based on your smack as of late, I'm tempted to say perhaps you need an NDSU education to make sense of articles and information... ;)

DaveK
September 18th, 2009, 03:57 PM
There are THREE Fox College Sports channels. Typically, only LIVE games are shown on DirecTV 617.

All TV affiliates for this week's game are listed at the SLC web site (link below). You'll note that the game will be shown on Fox College Sports Central, which means it will NOT show on DirecTV.

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=204795836

Based on your smack as of late, I'm tempted to say perhaps you need an NDSU education to make sense of articles and information... ;)

Please bear with me as I don't completely understand the concept of the Fox College Sports channels. You say there are three of them yet DirecTV only has one, but that one is not Fox College Sports Central? xconfusedx

darell1976
September 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Please bear with me as I don't completely understand the concept of the Fox College Sports channels. You say there are three of them yet DirecTV only has one, but that one is not Fox College Sports Central? xconfusedx

I'm still sorting them out too, i just found out ESPN Classic is gone (part of the sports pack) and now i get ESPNU...which is a good replacement.

TexasTerror
September 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM

There are THREE Fox College Sports. Atlantic, Central and Pacific.

The one on DirecTV more or less shows select live games from one of the three and nothing else. You'll note that it's more in the "Upcoming: XXXXXXXX" than anything else. In basketball season, you get less of that - but more or less, it only shows games. The regular FCS have TV shows, highlight shows, replays of games (i.e. UND vs NWST) and live games...

I do not see why you guys care too much about the TV. It's already free on the 'Net! ;)

NSUDemon98
September 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM

It is going to be shown live here on one of the local channels but my DirectTV guide is showing something different on the guide. I am going to the game but I was wanting to record it.

LetsGoSioux!
September 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I'm excited to be able to see the game live on TV here in the Grand Forks area. It's nice to have the online option too for others.

GO SIOUX!

DaveK
September 19th, 2009, 03:31 AM
There are THREE Fox College Sports. Atlantic, Central and Pacific.

The one on DirecTV more or less shows select live games from one of the three and nothing else. You'll note that it's more in the "Upcoming: XXXXXXXX" than anything else. In basketball season, you get less of that - but more or less, it only shows games. The regular FCS have TV shows, highlight shows, replays of games (i.e. UND vs NWST) and live games...

I do not see why you guys care too much about the TV. It's already free on the 'Net! ;)

Yeah, but I can't record it off the 'net.

But thanks for the info, though.

Bison "FANatic"
September 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM
It is on FCSC on Midconn at 4:30 on Sunday according to my channel guide.

bisonguy
September 19th, 2009, 11:30 AM
It is on FCSC on Midconn at 4:30 on Sunday according to my channel guide.

Yeah, Cableone in Fargo has it on FCSC(ch 307) at 4:30 PM Sunday as well.

Thundering_Herd
September 19th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Dave,...still waiting for my pizza. Logout and get back to work!!!

dlsiouxfan
September 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Dave,...still waiting for my pizza. Logout and get back to work!!!

Nice bush league comment. A little bitter about having to work for UND grads the rest of your life?