PDA

View Full Version : I-AA National Exposure

HPCAT
December 12th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Texas State just had 3 National games in a row at home on ESPN2.

The last TXST game was also on ESPN International, as I was able to get it on my cruise ship in the Caribbean. BTW, the TEXAS/STATE cheer came across very well on the broadcast. Since I was proudly wearing a Texas State cap, as well as shirts and sweatshirts, on the cruise, you would not believe how many folks commented about seeing us on TV. Even the stateroom attendants and waiters, who were all foreign born, and usually followed soccer. I thought it would not be on because that is all ESPNI had been showing is soccer.

With the Championship game, that will make 7 national broadcasts for I-AA in the playoffs. Is that a record ?

Has anyone ever had 3 National broadcasts like TXST ?

I figured Ralph or someone on this board might know.

grizband
December 12th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Last year, the Griz were on EPSN2 for the quarterfinals, semis, and the championship game. It seems like this may become less of a rarity each year!

JMU Duke Dog
December 12th, 2005, 09:04 PM
In 2004 JMU was on ESPN2 for the semifinals against W&M and for the finals against Montana.

yosefcity
December 12th, 2005, 09:09 PM
I wish ESPN televised more App home games.

89Hen
December 12th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Has anyone ever had 3 National broadcasts like TXST ?
Certainly not in the first three rounds. You should be very proud of the way Texas State looked this year. :nod:

Mr. C
December 12th, 2005, 09:14 PM
New Hampshire had two television games in 2004 and was featured in two television games this year in the playoffs.

December 12th, 2005, 09:26 PM
ESPN2 games before the champ game

2004:
#4 Georgia Southern (9-2) vs. New Hampshire (9-2)
New Hampshire (10-2) @ Montana (10-2)
#3 William & Mary (11-2) vs. James Madison (11-2)
Sam Houston State (11-2) @ Montana (11-2)

2005:
#1 New Hampshire (10-1) vs. Colgate (8-3)
#4 Texas State (9-2) vs. Georgia Southern (8-3)
#4 Texas State (10-2) vs. Cal Poly (9-3)
#2 Appalachian State (10-3) vs. Furman (11-2)
#4 Texas State (11-2) vs. Northern Iowa (10-3)

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I wish ESPN televised more App home games.

Agreed... disappointed that the Lafayette and SIU games were not on TV.

HPCAT
December 13th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Certainly not in the first three rounds. You should be very proud of the way Texas State looked this year. :nod:

Agreed, and I am. It brought me back to the good ole days of the DII NC games. :beerchug:

You know the more I think about it, did any IA team, even ND with their TV contract, have 3 National home games televised in a row ?

Pretty Cool. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Go...gate
December 13th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Didn't Colgate and Delaware each get three in 2003? I seem to remember that the Western Illinois - Colgate QF was on ESPN 2 and Delaware was on later in the day as well.

PMB4Life
December 13th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Can we also talk about how good I-AA is making itself look by having sellouts at Texas State, close to a sellout at ASU, and what will likely be a sellout in Chatty? I-AA is doing a lot for itself right there, even WITHOUT national exposure. People may start to take notice when they see a full house on national TV Friday. :hurray:

TheValleyRaider
December 14th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Didn't Colgate and Delaware each get three in 2003? I seem to remember that the Western Illinois - Colgate QF was on ESPN 2 and Delaware was on later in the day as well.

The semis for both teams were on ESPN2, but broadcast at the same time. The WIU game was sent out to local stations (my family watched on YES). And as far as I know, the UMass game wasn't on TV at all.

I think CSTV had the Delaware-SIU game, and I don't know about UD's Q-final.