September 17th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Elon 28 Wake 24

CrackerRiley
September 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Elon loses by 5 TDs. Discuss...

:p

ngineer
September 17th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Wake 35 Elon 24. Pete will move the ball, but Wake will move it more.

neersnbeers
September 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Wake by 7. Skinner redeems himself. Riddle has a good game too.

WestCoastAggie
September 17th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Elon 14 Wake Forest 28

Phoenixalltheway
September 17th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Elon 38 Wake 14

Skjellyfetti
September 17th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I haven't seen Elon at all this year and only saw a bit of Wake vs. Baylor... so, if I made a prediction it would just be a crapshoot.

Having said that... I think Elon can win and I'll be pulling for them.

appmaj
September 18th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Elon 13 Wake 17

Wake squeaks one out

DX Man
September 18th, 2009, 07:09 AM
No prediction, just wishing Elon good luck! Remember that its not just the wake forest football team your guys will be playing against, but the acc refs also.

biggie
September 18th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Wake by 10, neither defense stops offenses too often.

phoenix3
September 18th, 2009, 08:10 AM
No prediction from me either. I feel like if Elon holds it together & doesn't let the jitters get the best of them we should make a game of it.

Mainly, best of luck to the team & wishes for an injury free outing.

appirishmen
September 18th, 2009, 08:18 AM
i say wake by 14. Elon will hold their own.... but the ACC refs will screw Elon at least once.

phoenixphanatic21
September 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
i say wake by 14. Elon will hold their own.... but the ACC refs will screw Elon at least once.

Oh god, can't wait for that xsmhx

My prediction, shoot out for 3 and a half quarters, but Wake pulls away in the end. Gonna be a hell of a game to watch though. Wake 38 Elon 31

whoanellie
September 18th, 2009, 01:12 PM
a fine match-up of 2 well coached and a core of veteran teams.
We certainly know Elon is an underdog just as any FCS team would be.
We also know that this edition of the Phoenix has brought the "winning is cool" back to campus.
1 We will show up. Fans included.
2 Will play hard.
3 they have been to the dance before. played in big games and want to win.
questions are can they play with Wake's speed and size differential?
can they play smart?
Can't wait to see this....

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 18th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Fightin' Christians 31 Demon Deacons 28.......

GO ELON !!!!

PhoenixSupreme
September 18th, 2009, 01:27 PM
been browsing the game's message board on ESPN. I love how pretty much most of the Wake fans earliest posts said something like "Wake: 52-3". One even posted "ACC>FCS in his post (to which I thought of the CAA and died laughing). Ignorance is bliss, right?

Reading on though, some seem to do have done some research and those fans are actually getting worried. I think it will be pretty competitive game. I'm saying all the FBS luck that was prevailed so far this season against the FCS teams, in regards to the "phew, close call" matches will be reversed in this game. Elon 31, Wake 24 in OT.

boonegoon
September 18th, 2009, 02:09 PM
So, it's the fighting christians vs the baptists. Hope Elon wins, but think that Wake wins going away. 38-21.

Rekdiver
September 18th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I'm pulling for Elon to represent the SoCon well. Wake will win however by 17........

Phoenixalltheway
September 18th, 2009, 03:03 PM
u got the link to the message board discussion of this game at espn?

ElonPride
September 18th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I'm pulling for Elon to represent the SoCon well. Wake will win however by 17........

I just think Wake will be too quick and their front four are simply good. Hate to say it:

Wake 41
Elon 7

PhoenixMan
September 18th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I just think Wake will be too quick and their front four are simply good. Hate to say it:

Wake 41
Elon 7

Pride....remember that our O Line are all seniors and very skilled. You think Elon's offense can't score but one TD....I think they score a TD per quarter at the least, and 2 in the game against any opponent...and I don't care who it's against, Wake or The Florida Gators. Can they stop Wake? That's the real question.

ElonPride
September 18th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Pride....remember that our O Line are all seniors and very skilled. You think Elon's offense can't score but one TD....I think they score a TD per quarter at the least, and 2 in the game against any opponent...and I don't care who it's against, Wake or The Florida Gators. Can they stop Wake? That's the real question.

I'm playing reverse psychology here! :D

ccd494
September 18th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I've seen a lot of Wake this year.

Wake 45
Elon 14

Philly Phoenix Phan
September 18th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I think we'd have had a better shot in week one. Wake will be alert and will likely be on top of their game now that it's week 3. Elon's got the O. No doubt about it. I'm pullin hard for them, but Wake will get a few more stops.

Wake 38 - Elon 27.

Make them earn it boys.

whoanellie
September 19th, 2009, 07:27 AM
how will Elon's defense play against Wake's size and speed? that will have to be determined. force a few turnovers pull it out in the end. sounds like a Wake formula for success for us. 27-24 ELON in my heart score. In my head, it could be a blow out.

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Video feed available online anywhere?

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah- ACC website register and pay.....

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Man...Wake's O-line is dominating Elon's D-line and they are running it all over the place. If Jim Grobe's strategy was to control the clock to limit Elon's offense, it's certainly working. If Elon can't stop those outside rushes, this could start to become ugly...

ASUG8
September 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Sorry, fried chickens, but I gotta go with my other alma mater.

It will be a game, but a Deac win by 10.

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
C'mon defense. Need a stop here....

Saint3333
September 19th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Elon can't defend outside runs I like the sounds of that, well after this game I like that...

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 06:38 PM
UNDER REVIEW. That's a fumble.

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
WTF ?????????

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 06:41 PM
WTF ?????????

Yeah that fumble call was a crap call...the WR's knee was not down..should have been Elon's on the WF 48

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Even the WAKE announcers couldn't understand how that was ruled down by contact... ACC refs

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Now the ref trips our DB..... wtf ?????

LehighFan11
September 19th, 2009, 06:45 PM
cmon Elon

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM

I knew the ACC refs were helping themxeekxxnonox It's just like the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial

And a TD was allowed out of that...that's messed up.

CrackerRiley
September 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM

Wait... what happened?!

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
The ACC has been taking such a beating by 2nd tier teams that they need all the help they can get....

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Wait... what happened?!

WAKE threw a long pass and our DB was in perfect position to get an INT or at least a break-up and the ref tripped him and left teh WAKE receiver all alone for a 50 yrd TD.

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Wait... what happened?!

Riley Skinner threw a deep pass to one of Wake's WRs. In the meantime the Line Judge was backing up and collided with Elon Safety Karlos Sullivan who was covering that WR, who caught the ball in the end zone for an easy TD

CrackerRiley
September 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Wooowwww!

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 06:59 PM
That was the next play right after the fumble that somehow was ruled down by contact.

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I know we aren't playing too great right now, and letting Wake run all over us, but when it was 14-0 we had a chance to make it a game, especially if we scored from that blown-call fumble recovery. But now it's 21-0 at halftime, and I'd say it's near impossible to make a comeback out of that.

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah, it doesn't help if we can't score.

But, those two plays were ridiculous. I mean, I normally don't like to bitch about refs but, really, wtf?? Am I wrong ??

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, it doesn't help if we can't score.

But, those two plays were ridiculous. I mean, I normally don't like to bitch about refs but, really, wtf?? Am I wrong ??

You're not wrong on the refs in this case. It's certainly not the first time in the history of football where a ref has interfered with the gameplay, but you can't help but complain when it happens. Especially since it allows a 14-point swing in the score. Had Elon been given possession, they could have potentially scored for a 14-7 score at half, but now it's 21-0 instead

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
That play shold've been reviewed. No way he had control.........

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Gah...Scott Riddle has overthrown like 70% of his passes in his game so far. 10-22 so far....surprised he hasn't been picked yet so far considering he's overthrowing everything.

SoCon48
September 19th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Wake 28
Elon 0
3rd qtr.

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 07:36 PM
The two dropped passes at the end of the half really hurt.....

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 07:40 PM
3rd down conversions are killing us as well...2-for-11 so far in the middle of the 3rd qtr.

Wake definitely came expecting the worst case scenario, and has played Elon nearly flawlessly so far this game.

gophoenix
September 19th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Ok, l left the game early... first time I have ever done that, and I sat through those bad years. I have sat through some bad games of ours under Seagraves and Hamilton. This might by far be the worst...

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Wake 35, Elon 7

I don't care if it's garbage time, we don't have a goose-egg on the scoreboard anymore...

Elon's offense has been very flat today, and the defense has just been bad againt the outside run and the deep ball (granted one of those deep balls was assisted by the Line Judge)

ccd494
September 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I left this game early also. Officiating gripes aside, here were Elon's problems:

-Can't run the ball.
-Can't throw the ball.
-Can't catch the ball.
-Can't stop the run.
-Can't stop the pass.
-Can't match up physically on either side of the line.
-Can't punt.
-Can't placekick.

I realize that FBS teams need to schedule smart when paying FCS teams to come in and roll over, but Elon didn't belong on that field. Wake scored a touchdown on a possession where about 10 out of 12 playcalls were "Fullback dive." When considering Elon as a playoff team, I am reminded of Boston College QB Glenn Foley's response to a question regarding Rutgers' bowl chances back in the day: "The only bowl Rutgers is going to is the one I just got off of."

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I left this game early also. Officiating gripes aside, here were Elon's problems:

-Can't run the ball.
-Can't throw the ball.
-Can't catch the ball.
-Can't stop the run.
-Can't stop the pass.
-Can't punt.
-Can't placekick.

I realize that FBS teams need to schedule smart when paying FCS teams to come in and roll over, but Elon didn't belong on that field. Wake scored a touchdown on a possession where about 10 out of 12 playcalls were "Fullback dive." When considering Elon as a playoff team, I am reminded of Boston College QB Glenn Foley's response to a question regarding Rutgers' bowl chances back in the day: "The only bowl Rutgers is going to is the one I just got off of."

I hope we get U MAINE in the playoffs. If you guys make it....

gophoenix
September 19th, 2009, 08:21 PM

-Can't run the ball.
-Can't throw the ball.
-Can't catch the ball.
-Can't stop the run.
-Can't stop the pass.
-Can't punt.
-Can't placekick.

I won't be that brutal. That was the place kicker's longest college try, and it was a duck. I'll let that off right now.

Riddle is off on a lot of throws, but holy cow, how many good throws were just flat dropped by Camp, Jeffcoat and Hudgins???

Our line was dominated on both sides. a few of the defensive players were the only saving grace there.

I am not going to gripe about the refs, they were garbage calls, but you have to expect crap like that and play to overcome it.

End of the line is, we have a lot of work to do. Right now, we don't belong in the FCS top 25 and should fall out of the poll this week. At least, I am not going to rank them this week.

SoCon48
September 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM
35-7 in 4th quatter. Wake subbing heavily on defense.

LehighFan11
September 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM
ouch

ccd494
September 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I hope we get U MAINE in the playoffs. If you guys make it....

Neither of our teams are going to the playoffs. Unless the SoCon is somehow a joke and Elon gets an autobid.

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Elon still shoe-in for SoCon championship? Or is it up in the air?

appirishmen
September 19th, 2009, 08:26 PM
this is the first real challenge Elon has had this year. i was expecting this to be close. but the lack of first downs in the 1st half hurt. the two ref calls i called i knew the ACC refs would blow something. Elon lives and dies by the pass. they couldnt pass that much this game until late in the game. they just didnt play well this game.

appirishmen
September 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM

not anymore xnodxxlolx....its up in the air between 3 maybe 4 schools.

WOCO
September 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Everybody pump the brakes on going crazy because of loosing to FBS in the 3rd game. Everybody needs to realize that winning in the first or even second game of the season against fbs is one thing. But 3 games on, the teams are a little more dialed in and its hard to beat a FBS team on execution alone. That size begins to mesh with the talent and execution and the task become much harder.

gophoenix
September 19th, 2009, 08:32 PM

I don't know, ask the GSU fans jack ass. But who knows, maybe you guys can actually win a game next week. xrolleyesx

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I will say that the Elon Phoenix football team sure knows how to deflate a person's pride very quickly(mine...)

AppState
September 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I don't know, ask the GSU fans jack ass. But who knows, maybe you guys can actually win a game next week. xrolleyesx

Go screw yourself India tech support. You only have bravado because you are a world away. You are a sissy, for lack of a better word.

AppMan
September 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Those games with Davidson and PC really did you guys some good. ASU knows far more about its team at 0-2 than Elon does at 2-1.

gophoenix
September 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
And App at a 3 game losing streak. Funny, Elon hasn't lost that many in a row since an App Grad was our coach.....

AppState
September 19th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Enjoy virginity, gophoenix.

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Our schedule making needs to be thought out a little better. We scheduled two cupcakes and then tried to jump up to an FBS opponent.

We have a bettrer team this year than last year and we'll be in the SoCon mix right 'til the end of the season. We should get over the hump this year and get in the playoffs..... autobid or at-large.

Back2theROCK!
September 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM
And App at a 3 game losing streak. Funny, Elon hasn't lost that many in a row since an App Grad was our coach.....
I will say this, "I feel much better about App after losing two CLOSE games to two good teams then I would if we pummled two really soft teams then lost to an ok DBS team!" Its going to be a long year and I have a feeling the socon race will get very interesting this year.

Oh and as for losing streaks...I could ask what Elon's losing streak is against app but i know it's a long year and I would like a win before I say anything;)

goodluck the rest of the year, at least until you play app.

ASU_MBA
September 19th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Well one of those loses came in the playoffs...elon may not know what the word playoff means. It is what happens when your team wins the socon and or not chokes at liberty.
congrats on your two wins against the blue hose and the football fighting cats of davidson.
Since you list india as an addy..to you I say, "thank you, come again."
Get a life, and I can't wait for us to take the socon on your home field this year.

SoCon48
September 19th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Well one of those loses came in the playoffs...elon may not know what the word playoff means. It is what happens when your team wins the socon and or not chokes at liberty.
congrats on your two wins against the blue hose and the football fighting cats of davidson.
Since you list india as an addy..to you I say, "thank you, come again."
Get a life, and I can't wait for us to take the socon on your home field this year.

OUCH!!!

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Yup. We're on a 3 game losing streak... to 3 very very good teams.

What's Elon's losing streak against App?

Oh, I just looked it up. Wow, that's embarassing. xlolx

CamelCityAppFan
September 19th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Our schedule making needs to be thought out a little better. We scheduled two cupcakes and then tried to jump up to an FBS opponent.

Yeah, I think it's better to get your FBS in week 1, a D-II in week 2, and another D-II mid-season (when it's almost like a bye week).

It's easy to get puffed up over 2 blowouts against outmatched opponents, only to get hit hard in the mouth by reality when you go up against a pretty good FBS team that knows they can't afford to lose to an FCS.

Now you guys have to get up for a visit from a GaSo team coming off a pretty convincing win over a conference opponent (even if it was the boy from Whee). Don't let the posters here sandbag you, you always have to be ready for the Iggles.

CamelCityAppFan
September 19th, 2009, 09:25 PM

The last time Elon beat Appalachian, Lyndon Johnson was President, and the school was known as Appalachian State Teacher's College.

AppState
September 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM
To mods:

Gophoenix calls someone a jackass.

I call him a sissy.

I get a warning?

Wow.

EDIT: THE POST WHERE GOPHOENIX CALLED SOMEONE A JACKASS WAS DELETED.

gophoenix
September 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
So last week, one of the more vocal long time App fans had this to say:

Losers take pride in the fall of others instead of the accomplishments of themselves.

It's really funny to me, just look at this thread and those very fans whining last week with the comments now, all because Elon lost.

Carolina Fans of I-AA, stay classy guys, you sure don't disappoint! xthumbsupx

ngineer
September 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Very surprised by this outcome. I really thought Elon would give Wake a game..They attended a 'wake' instead. Elon a real unknown at this point in the season. Next week will say huge things about the Phoenix. Pistol Pete has his work cut out for him.

AppState
September 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
How many warnings do I get? I have a list of expletives for that wonderful poster habitating in the land of sand festivals.

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 09:36 PM
The last time Elon beat Appalachian, Lyndon Johnson was President, and the school was known as Appalachian State Teacher's College.

Yeah and Elon's enrollment back then was like 800....

AppState
September 19th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I think his point is very clear.

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 19th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Let's settle it on the field in NOV.....

AppState
September 19th, 2009, 10:05 PM
How many warnings does a person get?

appirishmen
September 19th, 2009, 10:13 PM
How many warnings does a person get?

ive gotten a few. its dumb how they give them. one person can call someone a dumbas* fag and not get a warning but you call someone a prick and you get one. its all BS.

AppState
September 19th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I will definitely NOT call gophoenix a dumbas* fag then.

edit: or a prick.

but he knows.

PhoenixMan
September 19th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I think it's better to get your FBS in week 1, a D-II in week 2, and another D-II mid-season (when it's almost like a bye week).

It's easy to get puffed up over 2 blowouts against outmatched opponents, only to get hit hard in the mouth by reality when you go up against a pretty good FBS team that knows they can't afford to lose to an FCS.

Now you guys have to get up for a visit from a GaSo team coming off a pretty convincing win over a conference opponent (even if it was the boy from Whee). Don't let the posters here sandbag you, you always have to be ready for the Iggles.

Good points Camel. I was at the game, and Wake came ready to play from the get go. Faster, stronger, than Elon. You have to come ready to play every week in the SoCon, and I'm looking forward to exciting games each Saturday. And, I for one was also a little pumped over how we looked the first two weeks. There is just a little difference in Davidson and Wake Forest football.xnodx

phoenixphanatic21
September 19th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm just glad we fell back down to earth against Wake and not against another SoCon team. We played like crap tonight and I'm honestly just happy we didn't get shut out. Keeps this impressive streak alive: Pete Lembo has never been shut out as Elon's head coach. The refs' calls definitely didn't help us out at all, but we didn't play well enough to win that game. The good news is Lembo will have the boys ready to go next week when Georgia Southern comes to town. Can't wait for that game so I can get the bad taste of this game out of my mouth.

phoenix3
September 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM

-Can't run the ball.
-Can't throw the ball.
-Can't catch the ball.
-Can't stop the run.
-Can't stop the pass.
-Can't punt.
-Can't placekick.

Congratulations on your win against Albany... OOPS! Sorry!

ccd494
September 19th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Congratulations on your win against Albany... OOPS! Sorry!

Maine sucks. I know Maine sucks. I have known Maine sucked since they needed overtime to beat a D-II team.

That doesn't divert my point that I saw a pretty poor football team get destroyed at every facet of the game tonight against a medium to low quality ACC team. I don't think Wake is significantly better than UVA, for example.

Reign of Terrier
September 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM
this thread shows how annoying App and Elon fans can be to each other...it's still a xlolx moment

As for the whole "how many warnings do I get" I suggest you look here:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/TOS/

Baldy
September 20th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I'm just glad we fell back down to earth against Wake and not against another SoCon team. We played like crap tonight and I'm honestly just happy we didn't get shut out. Keeps this impressive streak alive: Pete Lembo has never been shut out as Elon's head coach. The refs' calls definitely didn't help us out at all, but we didn't play well enough to win that game. The good news is Lembo will have the boys ready to go next week when Georgia Southern comes to town. Can't wait for that game so I can get the bad taste of this game out of my mouth.

What if your football team loses next week? xeyebrowx

AppMan
September 20th, 2009, 07:39 AM

Nothing funny at all with that. The people in Boone were smart enough not to hire him. As for the three game losing streak, it's hard to win every game playing good teams. Considering the first of those three was in the playoffs, something you boys wouldn't know anything about. We'll see who's standing once the smoke clears.

phoenix3
September 20th, 2009, 09:23 PM
What if your football team loses next week? xeyebrowx

No excuses, no predictions. I'm just going to have to do as I hope our team will do: take one game at a time.

PhoenixPhan06
September 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM
At least we got some good tailgating in. That, the McGlenn INT, and late TD were the only things that we did right lastnight. Oh, and we got 6 figures for showing up.

Hoping for a better performace next weekend against GSU!!

ElonPride
September 21st, 2009, 08:01 AM
As for the three game losing streak, it's hard to win every game playing good teams. .

You're classifying ECU as good?xeyebrowx And people are bashing Elon for losing to Wake? xrolleyesx

HighRyder08
September 21st, 2009, 08:19 AM
I would classify ECU as a good team....thats just me though

Mikeyosef
September 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
Dissapointing loss to say the least. I expected the game would be closer. Don't think the first two game said a lot about Elon and actually don't think this games says a lot either. Well, maybe you could work on your scheduling; two easy, easy wins does not prepare a team to play up. I expect you will rebound and be competitive in the SoCon this year. It does seem our conference may be a little weak this year making it a toss up.....though my Money is on "Money and the rest of the App State crew!

whoanellie
September 21st, 2009, 09:34 AM
an L's an L .... I was pleased by so many folks that showed up for Elon. Young, old students families. It was a great turnout of over 31,000. and also kudos on how many stayed to the bitter end. sort of an "away-coming".

Saint3333
September 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
You're classifying ECU as good?xeyebrowx And people are bashing Elon for losing to Wake? xrolleyesx

I'd say Wake and ECU are about even this year. Elon was never in the game vs. Wake. I expected much more.

SoCon48
September 21st, 2009, 12:27 PM

ECU has lost to WVa and UNC. What would Elon's record be had they played three good teams instead of one?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 21st, 2009, 01:48 PM

What does being classified as a bad FBS team have to do with anything? You're still playing a team with 22 more scholarships on their home field with their league's referees. That's a pretty tough road to hoe, IMHO. I just don't get people belittling a FCS team's performance against "bad" FBS teams. If it was that easy to beat these "bad" FBS teams, don't you think there would be more FCS wins?

From an outsiders point of view, I think ECU is a tougher venue to play in than Wake because of the larger capacity and more rabid fans. xtwocentsx

BTW, if you don't think the referees make a difference talk to some UConn fans about the ACC refs doing their game against Chapel Hill in CT! I'm not a UConn fan so I don't know how that happened nor do I care. I just know that Husky Nation was up in arms about some bizarre safety call late in the 12-10 Tar Heel win. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Dukie95
September 21st, 2009, 01:57 PM
My boss' son went to Elon and he told me his son was all excited about this season until they were blown out by Wake.

Seriously? It means nothing. JMU was blown out by Duke last year and went on to a perfect FCS record and the #1 seed.

Chin up guys... no one should ever expect to win those games.

elon77
September 21st, 2009, 02:08 PM
My boss' son went to Elon and he told me his son was all excited about this season until they were blown out by Wake.

Seriously? It means nothing. JMU was blown out by Duke last year and went on to a perfect FCS record and the #1 seed.

It seems like some did, doesn't it?xrotatehx To all the ASU fans, some of this blah, blah, blah will be settled on November 14, and I have my tickets.

Saint3333
September 21st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Elon should be glad they are playing WCU on 11/7 they are looking so forward to this 11/14 match-up it isn't funny.

PhoenixMan
September 21st, 2009, 03:30 PM

I was disappointed in how we played. We needed to play our best game in all phases to be in the game. We had a day when we didn't get it done, it happens. All Elon fans should still be very excited about this football team. They will be in the thick of it when it all plays out in the SoCon.xthumbsupx

ElonPride
September 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM
What does being classified as a bad FBS team have to do with anything? You're still playing a team with 22 more scholarships on their home field with their league's referees.

That's what I was attempting to infer. Playing an FBS team past the first game of the season also is a heckuva lot more difficult than playing right out of the gates.

gophoenix
September 21st, 2009, 05:00 PM
Haha, xlolx

All it took was 1 Elon loss, and just look at the attention it got from App fans. They jumped all over the board to talk about it. Even SoCon48 got to constantly post the score in 2 different threads; talk about obsessive. Look at it like this guys, we should be flattered that they spend so much attention on us.

Keep the love coming boys!!! xthumbsupx

And just maybe, you too, can win a football game this weekend.

SoCon48
September 21st, 2009, 05:07 PM
Haha, xlolx

All it took was 1 Elon loss, and just look at the attention it got from App fans. They jumped all over the board to talk about it. Even SoCon48 got to constantly post the score in 2 different threads; talk about obsessive. Look at it like this guys, we should be flattered that they spend so much attention on us.

Keep the love coming boys!!! xthumbsupx

And just maybe, you too, can win a football game this weekend.

As you guys were pre-season ranked number 2 in the conference and ahead of us in some national polls, we were all interested in how the Phoenix would do once they finally played somebody.

Just making sure everyone kept up with our magnificent vociferous fellow SoCon team going up against Wake, a team ASU used to be able to schedule.
Talk about obssession, I used to read the Elon message board. Now you guys' fascination with crApp as you say, is a real obssession. BTW, is there a crime against postinbg on two message boards? I do believe you do the same. You jump into App conversations quite often it seems, so get off that obssession with Elon crap.xcoffeex

"And just maybe, you too, can win a football game this weekend"

Oh, and maybe you can win one game vs App this year. We'll just have to see.