PDA

View Full Version : CSN Inside the OVC: Time for Some Fun

CSN-info
September 17th, 2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/INSIDETHEOVC.JPG

CSN Inside the OVC: Time for Some Fun
By James D. Horne, CSN Inside the OVC Columnist

Now the real fun begins for the OVC with the first conference games Saturday.

The weekend kicks off when two-time defending champion and No.22 Eastern Kentucky hosts Tennessee Tech and Eastern Illinois travels to face Southeast Missouri.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/16/csn-inside-the-ovc-time-for-some-fun?blog=5)

TTUEagles
September 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I'm hoping the Golden Eagles will show that they've "grown up" some and will make for a competitive game in Richmond. I wish I could go, but trips to K-state and UGA have my college football travel budget limited. Probably my favorite road venue in the OVC. Actually makes you feel like you are at a legitimate college game xlolx
I could've done without things being thrown at us from the stands, however.
I think the good skill play and speed of TTU, along with an experienced - and finally healthy - QB, should make for a good offensive battle. I hope TTU can keep it close. Admittedly, TTU goes in as a huge underdog - and rightfully so!

I'm also interested to see how good Jax St is (Alabama A & M) and if Murray can compete at Missouri St. I'd also look for a VERY close UTM-Memphis game.

R.A.
September 17th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I'm pulling for Tenn St over Southern... so that FAMU's victory over the Tigers will have more meaning for the MEAC.

Maroons
September 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I think the UTM-Memphis game could be interesting but after the Skyhawks letdown against Mo. State, I'm left wondering...

TTUEagles
September 18th, 2009, 09:08 AM
and...another OVC thread is dying...:(

Bam
September 18th, 2009, 09:44 AM
It's alive! It's alive! Please don't judge all EKU fans because of a few knuckleheads.

TTUEagles
September 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I'm not judging EKU fans at all! Most have seen pretty respectable (sp?) to me...Hard to be pissed at TTU football, when we've been no threat recently. But, I'm- dying to talk some football, OVC and TTU in particular. I'm pretty sure the ovcfans.com forum is dead. I've told the few parents and players that are travelling to EKU that they'll love it - great atmosphere!
I'll go on record predicting a 30-28 TTU upset - half sarcastic, half optimism - I have NO IDEA how good or bad this team will be...definitely world's better than last year, but still so, so young. I'm looking forward to seeing where "we" stand...
Keep it alive!!!

Bam
September 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM
The atomsphere is great, if we could only get those roudy tailgating students to continue there party inside RKS. Then watch out. It seems your boy Sweeney (QB) has been there 10 yrs. LOL. Sorry u cannot make it, I will drink 1 or OK 12 for ya!

Buzzcut
September 18th, 2009, 10:04 AM
TTUEagles I wish you guys the best of luck. After the Colonels' titantic struggle against Indiana, it should be interesting to see how they play against a conference opponent. I won't lie - I think the odds are stacked against you, but hey, anything can happen. My gut feeling though is that the only real threat to the Colonels this year will be Jax St. I was thinking UT Martin might give us a run too, but that loss to Missouri State has me thinking otherwise.

Sorry you can't make it - I too will drink several for you!

TTUEagles
September 18th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Oh, I'll have a few myself watching the crappy feed on the internet (God, ovcsports.tv's quality is terrible! But, at least I can watch it)...What do you guys think about EIU this year? They are looking strong early.

Bam
September 18th, 2009, 10:59 AM
It may be too early to tell? It seems there FBS transfers are helping out though.

Buzzcut
September 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Oh, I'll have a few myself watching the crappy feed on the internet (God, ovcsports.tv's quality is terrible! But, at least I can watch it)...What do you guys think about EIU this year? They are looking strong early.

EIU is looking better so far this year. Can't say I'm impressed with their win over Indiana State but they definitely took care of business against Illinois State. I know injuries plagued them throughout the season last year, so if they remain healthy, they may be in the hunt. I'm sure Coach Spoo will have them ready when the Colonels come to town.

TTUEagles
September 18th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Thread is on life support...

Cookeville newspaper article about TTU @ EKU:

http://www.herald-citizen.com/index.cfm?event=news.view&id=C90EC0A7-19B9-E2E2-6792612B4DDE1D1D

Buzzcut
September 18th, 2009, 01:37 PM
IMO, Coach Hood is a first rate class act and a real Godsend to EKU's program. The players have the utmost respect for him and with the assistant coaches he has injected since his arrival I think we have a real shot at winning in post-season play and getting some respect back to the OVC.

ekufbfan
September 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM
EKU vs TTU

Cant wait, overdosed on football on tv last weekend, now we can be up close to the action!

Even though I live close I have not seen the field turf, I hear it looks great.

Hopefully no rain, please!

Good tailgate menu and lots of folks joining us.

Welcome TTU fans to Colonel Country!

GOOOOOOOOOO EKU!!!!

Cocky
September 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe we can have some fun in Normal.