PDA

View Full Version : Final AGS Poll Top 25 Vote this weekend!

TypicalTribe
December 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM
For those of you who don't feel like debating the merits of ASU/UNI for the next five days, anyone want to talk about their Final Top 25. Since the finalists will most likely finish 1-2 in the final poll, I think we can start thinking about how the rest of it will shake out.

I've been thinking about mine today, but haven't quite finished it. Just wanted to get the ball rolling, hopefully.

Any takers?

In addition, if anyone wants to get really gutsy, look deep into the crystal ball and give a top 25 for next season. Let's have some fun.

The final poll is scheduled from: 12/16/2005 9:00:00 PM to 12/19/2005 12:00:00 PM

JMU Duke Dog
December 12th, 2005, 03:36 PM
JMU should be in the top 25 in 2006 if the Dukes play up to their potential and win those close games!

TexasTerror
December 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Why do the finalists have to be 1-2? I have Youngstown St as my #1! I'm sure Cap'N does too! ;)

JMU Duke Dog
December 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Why do the finalists have to be 1-2? I have Youngstown St as my #1! I'm sure Cap'N does too! ;)

I do not think they will qualify as FlyYTown will have moved Youngstown State to Division I-A's Mid-American Conference. One less team to debate about being in the top 25 of I-AA! xlolx

:xmas:

OL FU
December 12th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Mine is done except for the top Five. Actually # three is decided.

#1 and #2 winner and runner up in the NC
# 3 UNH (agree or disagree)
# 4 Texas State if UNI wins and Furman if ASU wins.

The others are at home :D

JMU Duke Dog
December 12th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I do not think they will qualify as FlyYTown will have moved Youngstown State to Division I-A's Mid-American Conference. One less team to debate about being in the top 25 of I-AA! xlolx

I made a mistake as this thread was also discussing this year's poll. On another note I think that JMU should get top 25 considerations to end 2005.

blackfordpu
December 12th, 2005, 06:37 PM
The finalists don't have to be 1-2 though that makes sense.

Last season some people ranked Furman over Sam Houston even though Furman wasn't even a semi-finalist.

I have not even begun on my final poll, my head hurts just thinking about it. :bang:

ngineer
December 12th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I don't think the finalists must finish 1-2. Depends on how close the game is and consideration of the teams they beat to get there. A real beating or 'flukey stuff'? :read:

89Hen
December 12th, 2005, 09:08 PM
I don't think the finalists must finish 1-2. Depends on how close the game is
Agreed, but both UNI and AppSt have really looked good so far and I expect a close game. Looking back at the last couple years prior to the final, I think these are the most evenly matched teams we've had in a while. I really expected Delaware to take care of Colgate in 2003, and that's not a homer call... I just saw first hand how UD handled teams that relied on a ground game. Last year, I really thought Montana was going to win, not to take anything away from JMU. This year, I fully expect OT to decide the championship. I think this is the best that I-AA has looked on TV ever, thanks to great crowds at Texas State the whole way through and at AppSt in the semis. I'm really proud to be a I-AA fan at this point (I have always been proud to be a I-AA fan though). Here's to a great final game! :beerchug:

Hansel
December 13th, 2005, 08:36 AM
What are the odds Hampton gets #1 votes in the TSN poll?

bandl
December 13th, 2005, 08:41 AM

Absolutely no way in hell. There should be 8 other teams (i.e., teams that won a playoff game) that deserve a #1 vote before them. Top 25? Sure, no doubt. A #1 vote? No way, they proved that they couldn't hang. Maybe if they didn't play in the playoffs, ala Harvard in '04, they may have received a "#1 but we'll never really know" vote.

EDITED BECAUSE I CAN'T DO MATH.

dungeonjoe
December 13th, 2005, 09:51 AM

I am going with Brown and Harvard in my top 5. if Harvard was good enough to stay in the AGS poll for many weeks, I think they deserve a shot at the top 5. I mean, it isn't their fault they can't play in the playoffs, right? :rolleyes:

Hansel
December 13th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I will actually have Brown somewhere between 10-20, the reason I comment about Hampton is that I beleive McNeese received first place votes in the final poll after getting bounced the first round of the 03 playoffs

griz37
December 13th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I am going with Brown and Harvard in my top 5. if Harvard was good enough to stay in the AGS poll for many weeks, I think they deserve a shot at the top 5. I mean, it isn't their fault they can't play in the playoffs, right? :rolleyes:

I am with you Joe. I am voting Brown #1 no matter who wins on Friday night. Then Grambling #2 & the winner of the NC game a distant 3rd. :bang:

TypicalTribe
December 13th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Alright, I'm throwing it out there:

1/2 UNI/ASU
3. Texas St.
4. UNH
5. Furman
6. Cal Poly
7. Richmond
8. SIU
9. Georgia Southern
10. Brown