PDA

View Full Version : a lot to ask for, but what the heck?

whoanellie
September 15th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Q: with our SoCon brethren, The ASU Mountainteers having an open date this Saturday. I was wondering if the Apps would support Elon at BB&T Field this weekend?

ASUG8
September 15th, 2009, 02:40 PM
It would be hard to pick us out in the sea of black and gold - plus I went to grad school at Wake. Sorry - maybe another game against FU or Woffy

JMU Newbill
September 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I'd like to see another ACC team fall... regardless of which FCS team/conference does it.

GO ELON!

whoanellie
September 15th, 2009, 05:56 PM
these pay days are very important to our programs.....back in the day App was either 1 or 2 best attended home game Wake had.

Saint3333
September 15th, 2009, 06:56 PM
ASU would bring 10K to Wake games pre-2000 who knows how many tickets we could sell now. I hope Elon takes them down, they won't play us and I assume they think they're getting our little brother. Show them differently Elon.

james_lawfirm
September 15th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Q: with our SoCon brethren, The ASU Mountainteers having an open date this Saturday. I was wondering if the Apps would support Elon at BB&T Field this weekend?

Yea, I'll pull for Elon this Saturday. As I usu. do when an FCS school plays an FBS one. I say this even though I graduated from WFU Law School in '05.

I may even be able to attend the game, if I can get enough yard work done.

In case you're wondering, I graduated from ASU undergrad in 1983 & have an MBA as well from App in 1985. One's allegiance seems to stay with one's undergraduate institution.

93henfan
September 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM

Are things different in the SoCon? If a JMU fan had asked me to come over to Maryland on Saturday and bring purple streamers I'd have thrown up in my mouth a little bit.

gophoenix
September 15th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Are things different in the SoCon? If a JMU fan had asked me to come over to Maryland on Saturday and bring purple streamers I'd have thrown up in my mouth a little bit.

Probably the difference since we're slam packed in ACC/SEC country down here. I'll pull for App any day of the week when it comes to playing FBS, even though it would pain me to do it otherwise. I'm sure lots of those guys are the same way. When it comes down to taking down the SEC and ACC, I think we're all on the same team!!!

PhoenixSupreme
September 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm bummed...my Phoenix pals are going to the game, but I can't make it cuz I have schoolwork this weekend, and an exam to study for next week. :(

proasu89
September 15th, 2009, 09:48 PM

Big difference here because nobody throws those @&! @$$ streamers in the SOCON.xpeacex :D

EmeryZach
September 15th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I really don't think Elon will come even close to beating Wake. I mean I'll be chearing for them, but I don't think they have a real chance.

GSUhooligan
September 16th, 2009, 12:27 AM

I think JMU-Delaware is a little different than Appy-Elon. JMU has beaten Delaware.

GSUhooligan
September 16th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I'm bummed...my Phoenix pals are going to the game, but I can't make it cuz I have schoolwork this weekend, and an exam to study for next week. :(

You need to get your priorities straight.

xprost2xxcoachxxbdayx

UNHWildCats
September 16th, 2009, 12:29 AM
no no u gotta show up with purple signs and stuff and a plan... hand them all out and when they raise them it says WE SUCK :D

cant pass up opportunities like then when the enemy trusts you.

ASU_MBA
September 16th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Go get em Elon...I will be pulling for you!

JMU Newbill
September 16th, 2009, 05:58 AM

You are obviously a closet streamer thrower. The first step is admitting you have an addiction....

ASU_Fanatic
September 16th, 2009, 06:29 AM
That could be a close game.

gophoenix
September 16th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I really don't think Elon will come even close to beating Wake. I mean I'll be chearing for them, but I don't think they have a real chance.

I agree, but care to explain why?

ASUG8
September 16th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I've watched at least part of both the Baylor and Stanford games and Wake just doesn't look that sharp right now. I think the second half of the Stanford game showed they can play well when properly motivated, but they haven't looked great so far. Elon certainly has the offense to stay in the game - this should be a good test for the Phoenix, and I think you have a real shot of taking them down.

Dignan
September 16th, 2009, 08:24 AM

I guess it's all just down to personal preference. I always root for other FCS teams against FBS teams, especially when there's a CAA team involved. I'll be rooting for you guys when you go against Navy, although it does come in a delicate point in the season... so all bets are off if it's the difference between us and you for a playoff spot.

I will say though that I think the streamers kind of repulse me too.

elon77
September 16th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Big difference here because nobody throws those @&! @$$ streamers in the SOCON.xpeacex :D

We throw empty liquor bottles, chicken bones, rib bones, empty beer bottles or cans, and insults, just to name a few. Any more I've missed?

gophoenix
September 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I think JMU-Delaware is a little different than Appy-Elon. JMU has beaten Delaware.

We're beaten App too? Just because it was before GSU decided to man up and field a team... well, go somewhere else Hooligan.

biggie
September 16th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Guess I'm supposed to pull for Wake since I work there and guess I'm supposed to pull for an FCS team over FBS, I find it hard to do either.

whoanellie
September 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
All We can do is ask, right?

PhoenixSupreme
September 16th, 2009, 12:25 PM
You need to get your priorities straight.

xprost2xxcoachxxbdayx

Oh don't worry...I will more than make up for it during our homecoming (and when/if we have a playoff game)xthumbsupx

elonfan06
September 16th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Homecoming? We have a LOT of games between Wake and Homecoming..such as a big game against GSU next weekend.

Anyway, I pull for the FCS over the FBS as much as it pained me to hope that ASU would beat ECU in Week 1. We appreciate the Black and Gold wearing a little Maroon this weekend.

GO PHOENIX!

ronpayne
September 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'll be there Saturday.... pulling for Elon, while marching in the Wake Forest Band (sousaphone). I love my grad school, but I bleed Black and Gold! (To be technical, Wake's colors are "Old Gold" and Black, where Apps are Black and Gold).

All in all, I suspect it will be a good game. There isn't much smack talking going on campus (at least in the grad school), and the articles/comments online seem to indicate that Wake (or the players at least) are taking this one very seriously.

Plus, it will be under the lights, which will make for a cool(er) second half, once the sun sets! xthumbsupx

Mikeyosef
September 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Of course I'll be pulling for Elon, after the luck the CAA has had with ACC we need to man up and put a win in the SoCon vs ACC column. I think you can do it too. Unfortunately I won't be there but you can bet I'll be at your stadium with a few thousand of my closest friends when App comes to Elon! Good luck "this" Saturday!!

EmeryZach
September 16th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I agree, but care to explain why?
I don't really have a very good reason at all. I just have this gut feeling that it won't go well.

Probably my biggest reason is that I think that Elon might be a little over hyped this year.

But we will see. I have been wrong plenty of times before.

rjg129
September 16th, 2009, 11:00 PM
ill be there...unfortunately, my boss graduated from Wake...Going to the game with him...so I will be pulling hard for The Phoenix

I really think the Phoenix offense will give Wake some trouble

whoanellie
September 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM
i hope it stops raining before Sat evening, although We need it badly. now I'm glad Wake put field turf in a couple of years ago. BB&T's facelift looks wonderful